Jump to content


The Warships Podcast: created by Kelorn and KamiSamurai [3/23: Notser!]


  • Please log in to reply
113 replies to this topic

WhiteRecon #41 Posted 30 October 2016 - 05:48 PM

    Master Chief Petty Officer

  • Members

  • 298
  • Member since:
    09-24-2015

Kami no-show explained - KamiSamurai spotted going full potato at 1:16 - https://youtu.be/YmBPSrHuIcI?t=1m16s

 

Loved the show today, we need to put iChase in charge of CVs at WG - I hate red CVs but they are needed (btw, T6 CV deleted my Sharnhorst last night, why do people [like me] not play CVs?).  iChase, not allowed to talk about Zao anymore, lost all CA credibility....

 

Thanks as always!


Edited by WhiteRecon, 30 October 2016 - 07:30 PM.


Kelorn #42 Posted 31 October 2016 - 04:23 PM

    Petty Officer

  • Beta Testers

  • 99
  • Member since:
    08-09-2012

Glad you liked the episode, WhiteRecon. 

 

We're working on getting a CV roundtable together with WG and some prominent CV players to talk about where CV's are at. Could be a good episode!

 

 


 

Co-Founder and Co-Host of the Warships Podcast

Reach out on Twitter and Facebook


Kelorn #43 Posted 05 November 2016 - 04:05 AM

    Petty Officer

  • Beta Testers

  • 99
  • Member since:
    08-09-2012

Episode 13: Steven Seagal!?! ARP Takao and Sir_Venom_ik

 

 

Sir_Venom_ik, Vanessaira, Kelorn, and Kami get together for round table discussion of current events in World of Warships including the Seagal Captain, ARP Takao, Clan beta, HMS Belfast, and other fun topics!

 

Check out Sir_Venom_ik on Twitter at @sir_venom_ik and on Twitch at twitch.tv/sirvenomik!

 

LISTEN TO EPISODE 13 HERE!


 

Co-Founder and Co-Host of the Warships Podcast

Reach out on Twitter and Facebook


Vanessaira #44 Posted 05 November 2016 - 04:51 AM

    Master Chief Petty Officer

  • Beta Testers
  • In AlfaTesters

  • 311
  • Member since:
    02-25-2015
Hello listeners!  Looking for question and topics that you would like to be discussed on the show.  We want to hear from our listeners and get your participation involved with the show.  Please post topics and question you would love to be discussed and debated on the show.

Team OPGaming & The Warships Podcast

 


KamiSamurai #45 Posted 05 November 2016 - 06:22 AM

    Ensign

  • Supertester

  • 1,042
  • Member since:
    01-07-2015
Yes, listeners we have expanded to include @Vanessaira =). Like she said please ask us questions and get involved with the podcast =). 

http://www.twitch.tv/kamisamurai

Co-Founder and Co-Host of the Warships Podcast

OverPowered Gaming - OP1 


WhiteRecon #46 Posted 06 November 2016 - 07:04 AM

    Master Chief Petty Officer

  • Members

  • 298
  • Member since:
    09-24-2015

Another great show today, thanks.

 

Topics of interest to me that I would like your take on:

- I would prefer battle timer set higher to 25 minutes, especially in higher tier matches - the clock should not determine matches as often as it does.

- With VMF DD line nerfs all stacked up, isn't it time to decrease the VMF +2km penalty to detection while firing on the line?

- I suggest events where MM is temporarily changed to Allies vs. Axis; I haven't thought through if there is an obvious OP side tho, lol.

- Late night T10 MM can be fun because as queue shrinks it becomes unpredictable.  The <12v12 matches are very fun, MM should routinely throw in some 9v9 matches.

- Opinions on optimum ships for 3 person division?  Kutozov, Donskoi and Kagero/Fletcher would be pretty strong...

 

I know MM is scary for WG to mess with, but I see a lot of potential to spice it up.  Love the show, thanks again!

 

 



zarny #47 Posted 06 November 2016 - 06:30 PM

    Seaman

  • Members

  • 32
  • Member since:
    08-09-2012
Finally, the audio sounds proper. Great podcast as usual!

atl_grunge #48 Posted 09 November 2016 - 06:45 AM

    Master Chief Petty Officer

  • Members

  • 226
  • Member since:
    03-16-2016

Thanks for the podcast, I hope the show stay over the time, I really like it ,especially while on the office :P

 

:)


 


Vanessaira #49 Posted 09 November 2016 - 11:11 AM

    Master Chief Petty Officer

  • Beta Testers
  • In AlfaTesters

  • 311
  • Member since:
    02-25-2015

View PostWhiteRecon, on 05 November 2016 - 11:04 PM, said:

Another great show today, thanks.

 

Topics of interest to me that I would like your take on:

- I would prefer battle timer set higher to 25 minutes, especially in higher tier matches - the clock should not determine matches as often as it does.

- With VMF DD line nerfs all stacked up, isn't it time to decrease the VMF +2km penalty to detection while firing on the line?

- I suggest events where MM is temporarily changed to Allies vs. Axis; I haven't thought through if there is an obvious OP side tho, lol.

- Late night T10 MM can be fun because as queue shrinks it becomes unpredictable.  The <12v12 matches are very fun, MM should routinely throw in some 9v9 matches.

- Opinions on optimum ships for 3 person division?  Kutozov, Donskoi and Kagero/Fletcher would be pretty strong...

 

I know MM is scary for WG to mess with, but I see a lot of potential to spice it up.  Love the show, thanks again!

 

 

 

 

Thank you WhiteRecon!  Some things we can definitely talk about.

 

Still looking for more questions from the listeners.  Post POST!!! :D


Team OPGaming & The Warships Podcast

 


Kelorn #50 Posted 11 November 2016 - 11:21 PM

    Petty Officer

  • Beta Testers

  • 99
  • Member since:
    08-09-2012

Episode 14: Veteran's Day, NoZoupforYou, and the Graf Spee

 

Kelorn, Kami, and Vanessa sit down with NoZoupForYou and talk about Patch 0.5.14, the HMAS Perth, Tier X Permanent Camo's, and the Graf Spee.

 

Look for NoZoupForYou at @ZoupGaming and on Youtube at https://www.youtube....user/ZoupGaming

 

LISTEN TO EPISODE 14 HERE!


 

Co-Founder and Co-Host of the Warships Podcast

Reach out on Twitter and Facebook


Aetius05 #51 Posted 12 November 2016 - 03:31 AM

    Seaman

  • Members

  • 19
  • Member since:
    05-05-2013
Good job on episode 13, nice takes on mostly everything. Do you guys have a community or run just with each other at random? I've been playing since open beta but don't have a ton of experience but I would like to learn from the best.

WhiteRecon #52 Posted 13 November 2016 - 09:20 PM

    Master Chief Petty Officer

  • Members

  • 298
  • Member since:
    09-24-2015
Great show today! Thanks and congrats to Kelorn!

KamiSamurai #53 Posted 14 November 2016 - 05:46 PM

    Ensign

  • Supertester

  • 1,042
  • Member since:
    01-07-2015

View PostAetius05, on 11 November 2016 - 07:31 PM, said:

Good job on episode 13, nice takes on mostly everything. Do you guys have a community or run just with each other at random? I've been playing since open beta but don't have a ton of experience but I would like to learn from the best.

 

We do have a community we are part of and it is OverPowered Gaming (OPG). We have a TS and a good group of people. =). 

http://www.twitch.tv/kamisamurai

Co-Founder and Co-Host of the Warships Podcast

OverPowered Gaming - OP1 


KamiSamurai #54 Posted 14 November 2016 - 05:46 PM

    Ensign

  • Supertester

  • 1,042
  • Member since:
    01-07-2015
Community if you have questions feel free to ask them here or PM them, we have added a listener question section at the end =).

http://www.twitch.tv/kamisamurai

Co-Founder and Co-Host of the Warships Podcast

OverPowered Gaming - OP1 


Aetius05 #55 Posted 16 November 2016 - 09:02 PM

    Seaman

  • Members

  • 19
  • Member since:
    05-05-2013
Here's a question for the podcast, not sure if it's been addressed or commented on as I have only listened for the last 3 episodes. How does the team feel about the current balance concerning USN vs IJN carriers? I understand WG likes to give each line a different "flavor" so to speak, but as a USN CV I often feel disadvantaged over an IJN counterpart in terms of being able to do damage to surface ships. How would the team change things if they were able? Thanks for taking the question and look forward to the next podcast after Thanksgiving.

KamiSamurai #56 Posted 16 November 2016 - 09:21 PM

    Ensign

  • Supertester

  • 1,042
  • Member since:
    01-07-2015
Thanks for the question! We will get it answered on the next one for you =).

http://www.twitch.tv/kamisamurai

Co-Founder and Co-Host of the Warships Podcast

OverPowered Gaming - OP1 


Vanessaira #57 Posted 17 November 2016 - 10:18 AM

    Master Chief Petty Officer

  • Beta Testers
  • In AlfaTesters

  • 311
  • Member since:
    02-25-2015

View PostAetius05, on 16 November 2016 - 01:02 PM, said:

Here's a question for the podcast, not sure if it's been addressed or commented on as I have only listened for the last 3 episodes. How does the team feel about the current balance concerning USN vs IJN carriers? I understand WG likes to give each line a different "flavor" so to speak, but as a USN CV I often feel disadvantaged over an IJN counterpart in terms of being able to do damage to surface ships. How would the team change things if they were able? Thanks for taking the question and look forward to the next podcast after Thanksgiving.

 

Thank you for the question.  We kind of have something big regarding this hopefully soon.

 

Keep the questions coming in everyone.


Team OPGaming & The Warships Podcast

 


Kelorn #58 Posted 23 November 2016 - 07:47 PM

    Petty Officer

  • Beta Testers

  • 99
  • Member since:
    08-09-2012

Episode 15: Listener QnA for Thanksgiving!

 

Vanessa poses questions provided by the Listeners to Kami and Kelorn for a special Thanksgiving episode!

 

Feel free to leave additional questions here to be answered on future podcasts!

 

Listen to Episode 15 Here!


 

Co-Founder and Co-Host of the Warships Podcast

Reach out on Twitter and Facebook


Aetius05 #59 Posted 23 November 2016 - 09:06 PM

    Seaman

  • Members

  • 19
  • Member since:
    05-05-2013

Wasn't expecting the next one so soon from what you guys said on the last one. I'll listen soon and keep up the good work.

 

EDIT:

Nice Q&A guys and Vanessa, but still waiting on your thoughts on CVs. Hope you all had a great Thanksgiving.


Edited by Aetius05, 27 November 2016 - 02:30 AM.


Kelorn #60 Posted 24 November 2016 - 02:45 AM

    Petty Officer

  • Beta Testers

  • 99
  • Member since:
    08-09-2012

View PostAetius05, on 23 November 2016 - 03:06 PM, said:

Wasn't expecting the next one so soon from what you guys said on the last one. I'll listen soon and keep up the good work.

 

We wanted to get in a special episode this week, even if it was a little shorter than normal!

 

Co-Founder and Co-Host of the Warships Podcast

Reach out on Twitter and Facebook





1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users