How To Use Training Room Without The Mod

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

ValkyrWarframe #1 Posted 30 June 2016 - 08:27 PM

Captain

• Members

OK, so I figured out on Public Test and in any version of the game how to use training room without mods.

1. Go to your game directory and open preferences.xml

2. Find the line that says "<game_type> (whatever it was on when you exited last time) </game_type>"

3. Change whatever is in that field so it says this: "<game_type> TrainingBattle </game_type>"

4. Launch the game, it will say Co-Op battle but when you actually battle it will take you into Training Room.

If you want to change back, simply select the battle mode again that you desire.  However, if you want to do training again once you have reverted you need to repeat the steps above.

Key: *In top 50 players on the server, Can't afford at the moment, 

USN: Clemson, Benson, St. Louis, Cleveland, Atlanta* (Guide Coming Soon!), New Orleans, New York, North Carolina, Iowa, Strike Bogue, Strike Ranger, Strike Lexington

IJN/Fleet of Fog/Dragon: Shinonome, Hatsuharu, Kagero, ARP Ashigara/Haguro/Myoko/Nachi, Southern Dragon, Mogami, ARP Takao, Mikasa, ARP Haruna/Hiei/Kirishima/KongouNagamon, Amagi, Hiryu

Soviet Union/Russia/Royal Navy: Kiev, Ognevoi, Svietlana*, Kirov*(My Guide), Chapayev, Dmitri Donskoi, Moskva* (My Guide)Black Swan (kek), Fiji, Edinburgh, Neptune

Kriegsmarine/Marine NationaleT-22Konigsberg, Admiral Graf Spee, Yorck, Nassau, Gneisenau, Bismarck, Friant, Émile Bertin (Guide Coming Soon!), La Galissonniére, Dunkerque (Gift from TenguBlade)

Macabe #2 Posted 30 June 2016 - 08:48 PM

Fleet Admiral

• Supertest Coordinator
  • Members
    Alpha Tester
    In AlfaTesters
    Beta Testers
    Supertester

I have this with pictures in my sig if anyone likes pictures.

Fleet of Fog Commander

Supremacy League Admin and Head Referee

Self-Proclaimed Forum Mascot

Give me Death or Give me a Plush Torpedo

ValkyrWarframe #3 Posted 30 June 2016 - 08:57 PM

Captain

• Members

View PostMacabe, on 30 June 2016 - 03:48 PM, said:

I have this with pictures in my sig if anyone likes pictures.

Sorry, I just decided to write this quick in between classes.

USN: Clemson, Benson, St. Louis, Cleveland, Atlanta* (Guide Coming Soon!), New Orleans, New York, North Carolina, Iowa, Strike Bogue, Strike Ranger, Strike Lexington

IJN/Fleet of Fog/Dragon: Shinonome, Hatsuharu, Kagero, ARP Ashigara/Haguro/Myoko/Nachi, Southern Dragon, Mogami, ARP Takao, Mikasa, ARP Haruna/Hiei/Kirishima/KongouNagamon, Amagi, Hiryu

Soviet Union/Russia/Royal Navy: Kiev, Ognevoi, Svietlana*, Kirov*(My Guide), Chapayev, Dmitri Donskoi, Moskva* (My Guide)Black Swan (kek), Fiji, Edinburgh, Neptune

Kriegsmarine/Marine NationaleT-22Konigsberg, Admiral Graf Spee, Yorck, Nassau, Gneisenau, Bismarck, Friant, Émile Bertin (Guide Coming Soon!), La Galissonniére, Dunkerque (Gift from TenguBlade)

DarthDoge #4 Posted 30 June 2016 - 09:07 PM

Captain

• Members

Or you could get the trainingraum mod 

http://wows-modcom.d...0-trainingraum/

It's better that way so you don't have to edit files and restart game every time you want to select a different gametype.

ValkyrWarframe #5 Posted 30 June 2016 - 09:41 PM

Captain

• Members

View PostDarthDoge, on 30 June 2016 - 04:07 PM, said:

Or you could get the trainingraum mod 

http://wows-modcom.d...0-trainingraum/

It's better that way so you don't have to edit files and restart game every time you want to select a different gametype.

Well, I did this primarily because Public Test doesn't have a compatible version of training room.

Crucis #6 Posted 30 June 2016 - 09:42 PM

Rear Admiral

• Members

View PostValkyrWarframe, on 30 June 2016 - 03:27 PM, said:

OK, so I figured out on Public Test and in any version of the game how to use training room without mods.

1. Go to your game directory and open preferences.xml

2. Find the line that says "<game_type> (whatever it was on when you exited last time) </game_type>"

3. Change whatever is in that field so it says this: "<game_type> TrainingBattle </game_type>"

4. Launch the game, it will say Co-Op battle but when you actually battle it will take you into Training Room.

If you want to change back, simply select the battle mode again that you desire.  However, if you want to do training again once you have reverted you need to repeat the steps above.

You do realize that you just modded the game on your own?  At this point, your game is no more vanilla than if you used a normal mod to do it.

ValkyrWarframe #7 Posted 30 June 2016 - 09:50 PM

Captain

• Members

View PostCrucis, on 30 June 2016 - 04:42 PM, said:

You do realize that you just modded the game on your own?  At this point, your game is no more vanilla than if you used a normal mod to do it.

Well, not everyone has time to do this.  I myself have classes over the summer to do, not like I'm sitting 24/7 on the forums or playing 24/7.

Admiral_Goodfella #8 Posted 18 May 2017 - 10:01 AM

Seaman Recruit

• Members

You're messing with the coding this way. Better way is wow > res > scripts_config. Change line of xml file disable traning room from true to false. This enables training room without mucking up the battle menu.

Also, this way you do not have to change coding every time you want to play a co-op or random battle.

Edited by Admiral_Goodfella, 18 May 2017 - 10:02 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users