0.5.7 Official Feedback Thread

• Please log in to reply
109 replies to this topic

17L20 #101 Posted 27 June 2016 - 02:55 AM

Petty Officer

• Members

Every since the update, my main battery firing range circle is gone. The torp, AA and detection ranges are OK tho.

I wonder what I wish I would have done.

Total_Freak #102 Posted 28 June 2016 - 08:02 PM

Seaman

• Beta Testers

I am  liking the changes myself. I just wish we could have up to 10 players in divisions but the game mechanics are working great for me. 

STALKER_1EJ #103 Posted 28 June 2016 - 09:29 PM

Chief Petty Officer

• Members

After receiving this upgrade I have now begin to experience what some of the others are in that four times I have lost connection while in the game. When I attempt to reconnect I get a note on the connect page that indicates the DNS is not available. My internet connection is fine by the way as I can open IE and jump around to different pages, etc.

When I go back to initiate log in, using the WOWS icon, I again get the message that the DNS is unavailable.

To actually get back in, I have to reboot and re-establish internet connection. After that, everything seems to work normally.

Today, I go to log in and after I press the connect button, everything freezes up. Eventually I get a fire wall message telling me that the WOWS command executable is attempting to initiate a new sequence not seen before. The screen is froze up, including mouse functions so I have to use the Task Manager to disengage and when I do, I don't return to a normal windows screen, I get a black screen. I have to deny the function attempting to make the changes, via my security interface that popped up, which then clears the screen.

I would insert the images here of what my fire wall is telling me but I do not see how this function is achieved here without me creating some other online account that I do not want.

Prior to this last update (0.5.7), I have never experienced any lag or any of the other issues that seem to plague other players.

Edited by STALKER_1EJ, 28 June 2016 - 11:24 PM.

speed0293 #104 Posted 30 June 2016 - 04:24 AM

Seaman

• Members

While playing today I experienced an odd phenomenon.  While chasing a BB (Warspite) in my DD (Bly) I fired torps and managed to get one hit.  Then suddenly, my screen blinked and I lost ALL UI information on the screen.  All I saw were ships.  NO icons and NO map and NO aiming information, etc.  Just ships in my visual range. I played the rest of the game like this, although a fellow player/friend suggested I hit CTRL_G and when I did I could at least see my torp aiming cone and detect an enemy ship if in visual range.  At the end of the game, I notice I had inflicted team damage to another member of my team, but had not inflicted any torp damage to the Warspite.  While it is possible I might have accidently my teammate, I don't think so.  And further, the game indicated that I had hit him six (6) times with my main battery.  I believe I did hit the Warspite with my main battery several times, possibly six.

So my questions for this forum:

1. Has anyone else lost all UI information?

2. Has anyone else experienced incorrectly assigned damage, especially if it results in team damage?

Thanks for any information you can provide.

swabjocky2000 #105 Posted 30 June 2016 - 07:57 PM

Seaman

• Beta Testers

Ok, what's the deal. I've been trying to log onto WOW's for the last 2 days. It seems to have started with the download of the 5.8 release. I've tried to log onto 5.7 and the 5.8 releases without success.

This is getting aggravating. Do something, anything to earn the HUGE paychecks your getting.

Jenska #106 Posted 30 June 2016 - 11:33 PM

Warrant Officer

• Members

View Postspeed0293, on 29 June 2016 - 11:24 PM, said:

While playing today I experienced an odd phenomenon.  While chasing a BB (Warspite) in my DD (Bly) I fired torps and managed to get one hit.  Then suddenly, my screen blinked and I lost ALL UI information on the screen.  All I saw were ships.  NO icons and NO map and NO aiming information, etc.  Just ships in my visual range. I played the rest of the game like this, although a fellow player/friend suggested I hit CTRL_G and when I did I could at least see my torp aiming cone and detect an enemy ship if in visual range.  At the end of the game, I notice I had inflicted team damage to another member of my team, but had not inflicted any torp damage to the Warspite.  While it is possible I might have accidently my teammate, I don't think so.  And further, the game indicated that I had hit him six (6) times with my main battery.  I believe I did hit the Warspite with my main battery several times, possibly six.

So my questions for this forum:

1. Has anyone else lost all UI information?

2. Has anyone else experienced incorrectly assigned damage, especially if it results in team damage?

Thanks for any information you can provide.

#1. Yes there are several threads regarding this kind of behavior.

http://forum.worldofwarships.com/index.php?/topic/82145-lose-all-visual-info-on-screen-chat-map-icons-everything/#topmost

#2. Not me, but I wasn't able to do anything (but die) once #1 happened

CHBanger #107 Posted 01 July 2016 - 08:23 PM

Petty Officer

• Beta Testers

I just want to add a thank you for this patch.

Like many others, since before 5.5, if you had multi-monitor setups all in-game drop down menus would be blank. With 5.5 the server drop down became blank making it impossible to get into the game. The only way I could would have been to turn off my eye-finity.

It was certainly a pleasant surprise when with 5.7 everything now works, server drop down and all in-game menus.

Here's a screen shot to enjoy.

Posted Image

musodata #108 Posted 26 July 2016 - 04:29 PM

Seaman Recruit

• Members

Greetings

I must say, it is my impression that in the Fubuki, and slightly less so the Kagero, almost EVERY hit i take results in an engine failure. It certainly feels that way, to the extent I'm losing interest. I think one of the last few games I played, it was several IN A ROW. Which basically means it's impossible to survive. I even have the mod that reduces engine 'incapacitation' by 20%.. I'm starting to find it impossible to survive any sort of dual, and I'm not sure this is quite right.

regards

musodata

AdrianK

silverdahc #109 Posted 18 December 2016 - 07:44 PM

Petty Officer

• Members

my manual secondary don't work anymore either

"It is very hard to swim up hill."         

Mark Schlereth

Cyberpuppy42 #110 Posted 24 December 2016 - 04:31 PM

Seaman

• Members

How come Prinz Eugen is not available in the premium shop?  Will be be coming back at all?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users