Reduced repair costs for tiers VII-X!

• Please log in to reply
95 replies to this topic

ucantbuildthere #61 Posted 24 July 2016 - 08:32 AM

Master Chief Petty Officer

• Members

its clear, the man got me. i will turtle now. 

ucantbuildthere #62 Posted 24 July 2016 - 08:54 AM

• Members

View PostADM_Zakk_Zero, on 24 July 2016 - 07:12 AM, said:

No problem. If my misery to date helps you or others in the future, a few links to related threads and my previous rants....

http://forum.worldof...89#entry2113589

http://forum.worldof...66#entry2091366

....and a partial but fun quote from my post on thread for another topic:

"... Because of the lopsided economy in the game, when their, say, Montana, Iowa, or Yamato get jacked up because they went to the "wrong side of the ocean", they have to drop down to the the money making ships in the mid high tiers to pay for the repairs. What happens when 9 or 10ers battle 6-8ers? The top tier Jedi spank the living hoo-haa out of the mere padawans, even if said padawans perform admirably."

I can't find it at the moment, but in my most fiery post on the matter, I asserted my firm belief that if someone puts in the time, effort, blood, sweat, and tears to grind up to a tier 10 ship, they [darn] well better be able to sail it with impunity through the gates of Heaven, Hell, the narrow aisles at Costco, a Burger King drive-thru, and even freakin' Disneyland should they so choose and never have to look back at the lower tiers.

I'm with ya. It stinks, but it's the reality. A really....stinky....reality....

That's my thought, too! A player shouldn't lose money on decent performances.

Hope some of this helps future forum-goers that are about to bang their heads against the wall.

what a rabbit hole...i followed it. glad to know my feelings aren't alone. 

ADM_Zakk_Zero #63 Posted 24 July 2016 - 04:04 PM

Warrant Officer

• Members

View Postucantbuildthere, on 24 July 2016 - 04:54 AM, said:

what a rabbit hole...i followed it. glad to know my feelings aren't alone. 

Yup, you are far from alone on this.  Now I can only wish I had taken the blue pill.

"This is your last chance. After this, there is no turning back. You take the blue pill -- the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the red pill -- you stay in Wonderland and I show you how deep the rabbit hole goes."

-- Morpheus, The Matrix

Edited by ADM_Zakk_Zero, 24 July 2016 - 04:07 PM.

Gunslinger_97 #64 Posted 24 July 2016 - 07:56 PM

Seaman

• Members

The test of repair reduction went well. But now that it's over, I can't see much point in sailing my Montana due to credit loses. Hopefully WG will see from the test that the current repair charges are excessive and detrimental to the those that have slogged their way to tier X.

Teevock #65 Posted 25 July 2016 - 06:16 PM

Seaman

• Members

View PostGunslinger_97, on 24 July 2016 - 02:56 PM, said:

The test of repair reduction went well. But now that it's over, I can't see much point in sailing my Montana due to credit loses. Hopefully WG will see from the test that the current repair charges are excessive and detrimental to the those that have slogged their way to tier X.

Not just Tier 10, I'm well into T8 and and it's an absolute slog fest to get anywhere.  This weekend I had a horrible run, 13 straight losses followed by 4 victories and a net increase of maybe 100,000 credits from where I started.

My battle performance isn't terrible, as ship XP has never been an issue, but the economy is brutal.  At this rate, I'll need several weeks just to grind module costs....months for a new ship, and then I'll have to play 10 games in my Tier 5 Grem just to be able to afford to sail out a T9 or T10 boat?

I don't have a problem putting money into this game every now and then when Premium time goes on sale, or if there is a ship I really want.  I enjoy this game and I want it to succeed and be a financial success but I don't want T9-10 World of Warships to be a Pay-2-Play.  There must be a middle-ground somewhere.

Dolomaticus #66 Posted 25 July 2016 - 06:47 PM

Petty Officer

• Beta Testers

View PostTeevock, on 25 July 2016 - 06:16 PM, said:

Not just Tier 10, I'm well into T8 and and it's an absolute slog fest to get anywhere.  This weekend I had a horrible run, 13 straight losses followed by 4 victories and a net increase of maybe 100,000 credits from where I started.

My battle performance isn't terrible, as ship XP has never been an issue, but the economy is brutal.  At this rate, I'll need several weeks just to grind module costs....months for a new ship, and then I'll have to play 10 games in my Tier 5 Grem just to be able to afford to sail out a T9 or T10 boat?

I don't have a problem putting money into this game every now and then when Premium time goes on sale, or if there is a ship I really want.  I enjoy this game and I want it to succeed and be a financial success but I don't want T9-10 World of Warships to be a Pay-2-Play.  There must be a middle-ground somewhere.

Like I learned with WoT, you have to have a full stable of ships in a range of tiers to support playing tiers IX and X (that is for me, I can play tier 8 with no problems or real hits to my wallet at all). The only people who really pull off making bank in the high tiers are the REALLY REALLY DAMN good players, which I am fine with, you got the skills, it pays the  bills.

Ironmanxp #67 Posted 24 August 2016 - 06:32 AM

Petty Officer

• Members

Well I would like to believe that WOW truly cares about its players and sees that the current repair costs are prohibitive and not very popular. Unfortunately as long as players are willing to slug along then their incentives are small. For me I joined WOW with one goal in mind and that was to obtain an Iowa Battleship and a Midway CV, and play happily day after day, but with repair costs that overtake winnings in normal battle play this goal has been dashed. So, I for one will most likely curtail my use of WOW until things change if they ever do. But also sad to say that once I find a new addiction I might not ever make it back.  I don't understand their logic in this. They need to make it fun and easy to advance so players feel like winners and continue to play.  Unlike real war, I don't have to show up; especially when the game forces me to be a financial looser even when I'm winning battles. 

Where is the fun in that?? :(   

So fare the well and good luck. 

rafael_azuaje #68 Posted 24 August 2016 - 09:47 AM

• Members

My YAMATO i dont use because expensive your his repair + 300k

D4RC4N #69 Posted 24 August 2016 - 10:50 PM

Seaman Recruit

• Members

well

We got there in tier x with my montana have played 15 matches all are leading to bankruptcy looks to my matches I use flags and even then not for the min more ... what is the advantage for the players to have a high tier ship and can only play once a week ... and that I am premium do 150k to 200k damage and still came out prejudice I think it very unfair and a lack of respect for its employees .... WG would like a ADM me an answer about it ......

Edited by D4RC4N, 24 August 2016 - 10:51 PM.

Cruiser_Senjo #70 Posted 24 August 2016 - 11:12 PM

Ensign

• Beta Testers
  • In AlfaTesters

View PostD4RC4N, on 24 August 2016 - 04:50 PM, said:

well

We got there in tier x with my montana have played 15 matches all are leading to bankruptcy looks to my matches I use flags and even then not for the min more ... what is the advantage for the players to have a high tier ship and can only play once a week ... and that I am premium do 150k to 200k damage and still came out prejudice I think it very unfair and a lack of respect for its employees .... WG would like a ADM me an answer about it ......

use spaces XD and you do not understand right ? the plan is you want to go full tier 10 ? buy premium time buy premium ships or go and farm monis to tier 5-6 .-. ? isnt that hard to get it and if you cant make profit with 150k dmg its kinda weird whe ni do 100k+ dmg in my yammi all is profit and i never use flags .-. ! soo i dont think the 200k dmg <.< or that you have premium time .-. 

sometimes it feels like im about to be detonated but then ... i got TK 

Brantoc #71 Posted 01 September 2016 - 07:34 PM

• Members

I much prefer the high cost of playing poorly at tier 10.. 
Low cost may make you friends, but high cost makes the game more fun.

Questlove #72 Posted 01 September 2016 - 08:04 PM

Warrant Officer

• Beta Testers
  • In AlfaTesters

View PostBrantoc, on 01 September 2016 - 01:34 PM, said:

I much prefer the high cost of playing poorly at tier 10.. 
Low cost may make you friends, but high cost makes the game more fun.

Have you ever heard of the north end of a south bound mule?

MaikalWolf #73 Posted 01 October 2016 - 04:13 AM

Seaman

• Members

Oops wrong thread pardon

Edited by MaikalWolf, 01 October 2016 - 04:18 AM.

robbaz123 #74 Posted 13 November 2016 - 09:08 PM

Chief Petty Officer

• Members

The tier 10 hak cv is still pricy i lose credit when lose lots of plane but hey im gonna blame MM cause its always giving me des and min good news is i have arp ships kongo myoko and takao so i can pay the bills maybe the hak isnt that pricy now but to me she kinda does a little but thanks for lowering the repair bills :D

sasquatch_research #75 Posted 20 November 2016 - 07:03 AM

Chief Petty Officer

• Members

Hey

Just found this thread and it's the same old story that I have been posting with the 5.14 feedback thread.  Obviously little has changed or seems likely to change with the present direction things are going.  Food for thought here if WOW wants to keep players; I wonder how many posting have quit or reduced their play time?

Peace

Deputy276 #76 Posted 22 November 2016 - 07:58 PM

Ensign

• Members

I find it disappointing and illuminating at the same time that there is NO comment by anyone from WG in this thread. No "scru you deal with it" or "We are looking into the problem". Nothing at all. Like they aren't listening and couldn't car less. Not a good way to treat current or potential paying customers.
The Hood found the Bismarck and on that fatal day
The Bismarck started firin' fifteen miles away
"We gotta sink the Bismarck" was the battle sound
But when the smoke had cleared away, the mighty Hood went down

sasquatch_research #77 Posted 06 December 2016 - 06:07 AM

Chief Petty Officer

• Members

Hey

Somebody must be listening because since 5.15 has been out.  I can actually play my German tier 6 or my T7 and actually make some money (economy) with it, even in co-op (I admit it wasn't a lot) and not lose 40-65K a game.  It would be nice to hear some feedback in the forums, but at least the game play seems better than 5.14.  Now if we can work on the gun sounds; a bit more thunderous on the mains would be nice.  

Cheers

magicalmoonman #78 Posted 30 December 2016 - 07:13 PM

Seaman Recruit

• Members

Thanks! Its always a pain in the [edited]to try and get credits for higher tier ships.

Jim_Mounce #79 Posted 13 March 2017 - 09:53 PM

Seaman Recruit

• Members

I noticed that the money you get in higher level tier games is not any higher level.  So if your playing higher tier you should get more money from playing.  Otherwise the repair costs should be the same if the money received is the same.

Lance53 #80 Posted 24 March 2017 - 08:51 AM

Warrant Officer

• Members

View PostJim_Mounce, on 13 March 2017 - 09:53 PM, said:

I noticed that the money you get in higher level tier games is not any higher level.  So if your playing higher tier you should get more money from playing.  Otherwise the repair costs should be the same if the money received is the same.

Well, but what you are asking for here is a totally free game, where one could play all the way to the highest Tier 10 as much as you want, without paying any money at all to wargaming.

That is simply not a viable economic model for any gaming company.  Wargaming spends a lot of money to develop this game.   This game is constantly being enhanced with new features and ship options.   Servers have to be located around the world to service different regions.  The game could not exist if no one was paying any money to Wargaming.

If one wants to play for free, then stay at Tiers 1 through 6 and enjoy yourself.   Otherwise, there are lots of things that you can do to help you earn more credits at higher tiers, and avoid loses.   They easiest solution is to simply get a Premium account, as it will bump your ship XP, commander XP, and credits too.   Another is to get a Premium ship, which has reduced service costs.   For example, the service cost for the Tier 9 USS Iowa is 120,000 silver.   But the service costs for the Tier 9 USS Missouri is only 60,000   Likewise the service price for the T8 Bismarck is 75,000, while the T8 Premium Tirpitz is only 54,500

Quite a few ships have premium camos that you can buy for them too, that will increase XP earning, and reduce service costs.   At Tier 10, you also get a income boost of 20% too.  In fact, at Tier 10, buying premium camo will knock your ship service cost down from 180,000, to only 90,000: a 50% reduction.

The game also becomes much more competitive as you get into the higher tiers, since you typically are then playing against much more skilled and experienced players.   Income is closely tied to your in game performance as a player.   If you don't know or understand the factors that affect you earning income, then it is going to be difficult for you to earn silver well.  And unless your skill level is quite high, it is definitely going to be far more challenging to perform as well in the higher Tier battles.

So tell me, what would be the point of making Tier 10 as easy and as economical to play as low tiers??   It would make no sense at all.  The game would not even be able to exist.

Edited by Lance53, 24 March 2017 - 08:54 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users