Reduced repair costs for tiers VII-X!

• Please log in to reply
91 replies to this topic

R1CK #41 Posted 12 June 2016 - 05:26 AM

Ensign

• Beta Testers

I like this. I never had issues with credits personally but I do notice a big improvement in T10 gameplay.

DasBootcamp #42 Posted 12 June 2016 - 05:30 AM

Lieutenant

• Members

After playing a LOT of battles in these tiers, I love not losing 50k on a Tier X loss. Please, PLEASE keep this in place. I don't HAVE to grind lower tiers anymore.

Warships Supremacy League - Task Force Apocalypse

www.twitch.tv/mrgreatergood

Numbah18 #43 Posted 20 June 2016 - 02:15 AM

Commander

• Beta Testers

Taking my Lexington out is no longer scary :D Seriously though I had to have a rather good game to make any decent bit of money on her. Glad I haven't add any cameo or premium consumables. 

Turkey, you say...? It's no joke!

Guards we move.

A list or nicknames in World of Warships http://tvtropes.org/...WorldOfWarships

Virgulino #44 Posted 22 June 2016 - 10:07 PM

Seaman Recruit

• Members

Logically, all we players play in order to get the t10 ships. If the t8 from the custois repairs become more expensive than pró'rios credits earned in battle, then we have a serious problem players . What is the advantage of ships beyond t7 ? Saved if the player has ships or premium account Premum to offset this defazagem the cost of repairs , it will mainly damage while playing with ships t8 , t9 and 10. This attitude of lower costs appeals to all of us and I sincerely hope it is an attitude that not limited to the month of June only . After all, numerous players have left already playing this game and the other company because of this question for us is extremely important and for many players for sure is what decides whether he will continue playing or stop playing .

PS : Sorry for my English , because I had to use the translator .

Edited by Virgulino, 22 June 2016 - 10:12 PM.

Questlove #45 Posted 25 June 2016 - 05:44 PM

Warrant Officer

• Beta Testers
  • In AlfaTesters

View PostNikoPower, on 02 June 2016 - 06:31 PM, said:

After collecting more feedback from players, we've decided to experiment with another monthlong change to the World of Warships economy, this one running all of June.

Prior to this testing period, it could be tough to repair high-tier ships, which may have made them less enjoyable to play. But now we're reducing the repair costs by approximately 40% at tier X, and 25% at tiers VII-IX. Captain your favorite high-tier ships more frequently!

These apply only to regular (non-Premium) ships.

In addition, please bear in mind that this is only a test, and we'll analyze results before we consider any permanent changes to the overall game economy.

Niko, did you end the discounts already? I'm losing $$ on every single match in my Yammy and Hindy. Also, any idea about repair discounts moving forward? 

khaenn35 #46 Posted 25 June 2016 - 05:49 PM

Admiral of the Navy

• Members

Superb job by WG... Now I can suck with no fear of being F***ed over by the repair bill! :D

Official Forum Elite Admiral  o7 

Good luck, Captains! May the winds blow in your favour, and may your shells fly straight and true!

If you see me in a game, cover your eyes and ears cos I'm gonna suck. In fact, run like hell and hope we lose honorably. And burn your eyes after seeing my stats. 

#DetonateJingles

Orikz #47 Posted 25 June 2016 - 07:59 PM

Seaman Recruit

• Members

Since I cant play my tier 8 ship in ranked I think I will have to play another game till it changes and I was so close to buying the Atago too! whats the point if you cant play your favorite ship in ranked battles

BURN_Miner #48 Posted 25 June 2016 - 11:31 PM

Lieutenant Commander

• Members

View PostQuestlove, on 25 June 2016 - 09:44 AM, said:

Niko, did you end the discounts already? I'm losing $$ on every single match in my Yammy and Hindy. Also, any idea about repair discounts moving forward? 

I'm wondering this myself. I just got out of a victory in my Dimi and while I "thought" I had a decent game, doing 67k damage (server average in the Dimi being 48k) I did die in the match, I lost 37k credits. This is of course running the upgraded consumables, which are all but required in game play. To think otherwise is like going into a match with a stock ship willingly even though you have the C hull unlocked.  I am also running my "First League" Flag, so that reduces the cost of post battle repair by 10%. Still spent 235,625.

Here are the screenshots.

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

My Computer Setup: Linked @ Shipcomrade.com

ADM_Zakk_Zero #49 Posted 02 July 2016 - 01:10 AM

Warrant Officer

• Members

I'm glad I found this thread. I thought I was going crazy. Only through the gift of the public test servers do I get to sail in ships higher than tier 7. However, I was horrified when I noticed that in the higher tier games I was more often than not losing silver despite really good battle performance! I had a 5 kill game with tons of ribbons, scored 1rst on my team, but my net silver was a loss of over 32,000! I did have just over my HP left in that game (and about 70% left in the previous game- I don't know if the previous games repair cost shows up in the next games summary). All in all, though, that's horrifically steep. In a Montana I currently have a stretch of 12 wins and 2 losses in co-op while only being sunk twice, yet I only had 2 games where I made a positive gain in silver, despite averaging over 2 kills per game. I think repair costs need to be dialed down significantly,  If you lose a battle, take a significant amount of damage, or get flat out sunk, then I could see a greater justification for negative silver amounts. I am now concerned and likely will stop trying to progress up the tiers in the regular server as soon as I start to see this trend with my highest level ships. The grind to get to the top tier ships with the current cost structure is impossibly slow. It wouldn't be worth the grind if you know you can't regularly sail the top ships without constantly incurring losses of silver. Please WG, bring those costs down!

Dictonary #50 Posted 02 July 2016 - 01:20 AM

Master Chief Petty Officer

• Beta Testers

View PostADM_Zakk_Zero, on 01 July 2016 - 05:10 PM, said:

I'm glad I found this thread. I thought I was going crazy. Only through the gift of the public test servers do I get to sail in ships higher than tier 7. However, I was horrified when I noticed that in the higher tier games I was more often than not losing silver despite really good battle performance! I had a 5 kill game with tons of ribbons, scored 1rst on my team, but my net silver was a loss of over 32,000! I did have just over my HP left in that game (and about 70% left in the previous game- I don't know if the previous games repair cost shows up in the next games summary). All in all, though, that's horrifically steep. In a Montana I currently have a stretch of 12 wins and 2 losses in co-op while only being sunk twice, yet I only had 2 games where I made a positive gain in silver, despite averaging over 2 kills per game. I think repair costs need to be dialed down significantly,  If you lose a battle, take a significant amount of damage, or get flat out sunk, then I could see a greater justification for negative silver amounts. I am now concerned and likely will stop trying to progress up the tiers in the regular server as soon as I start to see this trend with my highest level ships. The grind to get to the top tier ships with the current cost structure is impossibly slow. It wouldn't be worth the grind if you know you can't regularly sail the top ships without constantly incurring losses of silver. Please WG, bring those costs down!

Here is a hint. Grind with the tier 5-6s. They make the money so that you can operate your higher tier ships. WoT logic.

"Damn the torpedoes." -Rear Admiral Farragut

ADM_Zakk_Zero #51 Posted 02 July 2016 - 01:42 AM

Warrant Officer

• Members

Dictonary- thank you. I'll keep that in mind. I like my Cleveland and Atlanta despite the fact they take a lot more damage and get sunk more compared to my other mid tier ships, but in general I don't enjoy playing most mid tier vessels nearly as much. I only started getting into the game when in the PT server I was sailing the Iowa, Montana, Fletcher, Gearing, Des Moines, Roon, and Hindenburg. I could play those 24x7 for decades.  Admittedly, I really do like kicking back in my St. Louis and preying upon noobs and low tier bots by peppering them with lead, but of course in that low tier ship it would take four-score-and-a-monkey's-uncle however long to drum up much cash.....

Edited by ADM_Zakk_Zero, 02 July 2016 - 01:43 AM.

Dictonary #52 Posted 02 July 2016 - 01:44 AM

• Beta Testers

View PostADM_Zakk_Zero, on 01 July 2016 - 05:42 PM, said:

Dictonary- thank you. I'll keep that in mind. I like my Cleveland and Atlanta despite the fact they take a lot more damage and get sunk more compared to my other mid tier ships, but in general I don't enjoy playing most mid tier vessels nearly as much. I only started getting into the game when in the PT server I was sailing the Iowa, Montana, Fletcher, Gearing, Des Moines, Roon, and Hindenburg. I could play those 24x7 for decades.  Admittedly, I really do like kicking back in my St. Louis and preying upon noobs and low tier bots by peppering them with lead, but of course in that low tier ship it would take four-score-and-a-monkey's-uncle however long to drum up much cash.....

Yeah though you don't like the ships, you still have to play them sometimes. I still don't like it but it is something we all have to live with.

ADM_Zakk_Zero #53 Posted 02 July 2016 - 01:51 AM

Warrant Officer

• Members

View PostDictonary, on 01 July 2016 - 08:44 PM, said:

Yeah though you don't like the ships, you still have to play them sometimes. I still don't like it but it is something we all have to live with.

Yes, you are right. I guess if you want milk, you have to milk the cow to get the milk.  Wait, the heck with aimbots- there should be silver and XP mods! Kidding, WG, just kidding....... Please don't make me pink.....

Dictonary #54 Posted 02 July 2016 - 01:57 AM

• Beta Testers

View PostADM_Zakk_Zero, on 01 July 2016 - 05:51 PM, said:

Yes, you are right. I guess if you want milk, you have to milk the cow to get the milk.  Wait, the heck with aimbots- there should be silver and XP mods! Kidding, WG, just kidding....... Please don't make me pink.....

:teethhappy: I'm just speechless. Also for the cow, you may get cowpox from milking it. Another way to say sometimes grinding can be awful.

ucantbuildthere #55 Posted 23 July 2016 - 11:38 PM

• Members

i looked for a thread and i looked in the general forum. i wanted to start topic, but cant fine that either. i have been saving and planning for 5 moths to go amagi. finally, i am fully upgraded after ranked season and i find it cost me 100k just to maintain armor and reloads. as a t8 amgi how can i afford to play? i am not understanding this and i am not finding help in the forums. can someone please direct me to the right place to voice this stupidity?

ADM_Zakk_Zero #56 Posted 24 July 2016 - 05:09 AM

Warrant Officer

• Members

View Postucantbuildthere, on 23 July 2016 - 07:38 PM, said:

i looked for a thread and i looked in the general forum. i wanted to start topic, but cant fine that either. i have been saving and planning for 5 moths to go amagi. finally, i am fully upgraded after ranked season and i find it cost me 100k just to maintain armor and reloads. as a t8 amgi how can i afford to play? i am not understanding this and i am not finding help in the forums. can someone please direct me to the right place to voice this stupidity?

In the words of the immortal Guns N' Roses, "Welcome to the jungle.... it gets worse here everyday"  LOL.  I hear ya. I ranted about this awhile back on this or another thread. Regardless of how one feels about it being right/wrong/whatever, what I eventually learned is that the business model which sustains WoWs has a particular dynamic. It requires maximizing the amount of players available at any given time for the mid tier (the bread and butter of many online games) battles. While the nature of gaming will ensure a supply of up and coming developing players, it is also important to draw higher skilled players downwards as well. This increases the player pool, helps maintain a decent quality level of matches, and provides a greater challenge to help developing players advance.  In general the mid tier ships, especially premium ones, are the best at generating coins to help fund repairs on ships in the highest tiers. i think the prevailing opinion is that tiers 8 through 10 suffer from the most disproportionate and punishing repair fees. Get a scratch on your Gearing? 50k repair fee. Spill your fruit juice on a seat cushion in a Des Moines? 150k repair fee. Damaging the ship's TV monitors by airing Lawrence Welk reruns on the Zao or Hindenburg? 250k repair fee plus very likely a stay in the ship's brig.

Only through the blessing known as Public Tests I've sailed the glorious Montana and Yamato where I learned that even if you dish out 100s of Ks damage and sink 6 ships in a single co-op match you can still end up losing silver coins.  It stinks. I know.  To close on yet another appropriate quote- this one from the original Robocop movie: "That's life in big city"....

*before haters or his people come after me- all kidding aside, nothing but respect for the LW show....

Edited by ADM_Zakk_Zero, 24 July 2016 - 05:43 AM.

ucantbuildthere #57 Posted 24 July 2016 - 06:03 AM

• Members

View PostADM_Zakk_Zero, on 24 July 2016 - 05:09 AM, said:

In the words of the immortal Guns N' Roses, "Welcome to the jungle.... it gets worse here everyday"  LOL.  I hear ya. I ranted about this awhile back on this or another thread. Regardless of how one feels about it being right/wrong/whatever, what I eventually learned is that the business model which sustains WoWs has a particular dynamic. It requires maximizing the amount of players available at any given time for the mid tier (the bread and butter of many online games) battles. While the nature of gaming will ensure a supply of up and coming developing players, it is also important to draw higher skilled players downwards as well. This increases the player pool, helps maintain a decent quality level of matches, and provides a greater challenge to help developing players advance.  In general the mid tier ships, especially premium ones, are the best at generating coins to help fund repairs on ships in the highest tiers. i think the prevailing opinion is that tiers 8 through 10 suffer from the most disproportionate and punishing repair fees. Get a scratch on your Gearing? 50k repair fee. Spill your fruit juice on a seat cushion in a Des Moines? 150k repair fee. Damaging the ship's TV monitors by airing Lawrence Welk reruns on the Zao or Hindenburg? 250k repair fee plus very likely a stay in the ship's brig.

Only through the blessing known as Public Tests I've sailed the glorious Montana and Yamato where I learned that even if you dish out 100s of Ks damage and sink 6 ships in a single co-op match you can still end up losing silver coins.  It stinks. I know.  To close on yet another appropriate quote- this one from the original Robocop movie: "That's life in big city"....

*before haters or his people come after me- all kidding aside, nothing but respect for the LW show....

wow, thanks for commiserating with me. i was thinking i was going mad. i mean i set up my captain and my ship line for a single purpose many months ago. i spent hours figuring out ship comparisons for different lines and upgrade costs. Amagi was kind of my culmination after 4 seasons and to find i cant afford to play it is pretty underwhelming. 

ucantbuildthere #58 Posted 24 July 2016 - 06:13 AM

• Members

i pretty much have to play a great game, not a good game. I am losing money on a good game even if i win and stay alive. 

ucantbuildthere #59 Posted 24 July 2016 - 06:18 AM

• Members

View Postucantbuildthere, on 24 July 2016 - 06:13 AM, said:

i pretty much have to play a great game, not a good game. I am losing money on a good game even if i win and stay alive. 

i don't know what to do... i guess drop down to lvl 4 and use a lvl 16 captain and wait for some dumb secret r projects then hope for the best. because i cant spend any more real money to get to lvl 10 and its apparent that is not really cost effective.

Edited by ucantbuildthere, 24 July 2016 - 06:23 AM.

ADM_Zakk_Zero #60 Posted 24 July 2016 - 07:12 AM

Warrant Officer

• Members

View Postucantbuildthere, on 24 July 2016 - 02:03 AM, said:

wow, thanks for commiserating with me. i was thinking i was going mad. i mean i set up my captain and my ship line for a single purpose many months ago. i spent hours figuring out ship comparisons for different lines and upgrade costs. Amagi was kind of my culmination after 4 seasons and to find i cant afford to play it is pretty underwhelming. 

No problem. If my misery to date helps you or others in the future, a few links to related threads and my previous rants....

http://forum.worldof...89#entry2113589

http://forum.worldof...66#entry2091366

....and a partial but fun quote from my post on thread for another topic:

"... Because of the lopsided economy in the game, when their, say, Montana, Iowa, or Yamato get jacked up because they went to the "wrong side of the ocean", they have to drop down to the the money making ships in the mid high tiers to pay for the repairs. What happens when 9 or 10ers battle 6-8ers? The top tier Jedi spank the living hoo-haa out of the mere padawans, even if said padawans perform admirably."

I can't find it at the moment, but in my most fiery post on the matter, I asserted my firm belief that if someone puts in the time, effort, blood, sweat, and tears to grind up to a tier 10 ship, they [darn] well better be able to sail it with impunity through the gates of Heaven, Hell, the narrow aisles at Costco, a Burger King drive-thru, and even freakin' Disneyland should they so choose and never have to look back at the lower tiers.

View Postucantbuildthere, on 24 July 2016 - 02:18 AM, said:

i don't know what to do... i guess drop down to lvl 4 and use a lvl 16 captain and wait for some dumb secret r projects then hope for the best. because i cant spend any more real money to get to lvl 10 and its apparent that is not really cost effective.

I'm with ya. It stinks, but it's the reality. A really....stinky....reality....

View Postucantbuildthere, on 24 July 2016 - 02:13 AM, said:

That's my thought, too! A player shouldn't lose money on decent performances.

Hope some of this helps future forum-goers that are about to bang their heads against the wall.

Edited by ADM_Zakk_Zero, 24 July 2016 - 07:41 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users