Reduced repair costs for tiers VII-X!

• Please log in to reply
95 replies to this topic

1AngryMarine #81 Posted 29 March 2017 - 11:31 PM

Seaman

• Members

Is this going to apply to co-op as well?. There are games that some players strictly do random and team and those that do co-op and of course there are those (including me) that play the field (every thing). I can't take anything above  Tier VIII into co-op without going into the negative even when the match was a victory. Co-op is what I would normally use to break in a new captain and/or ship. I took my Tier X Montana into a co-op match and won, but even with the special camo the service costs hammered me and I ended up losing credits. The only way I can offset this is by mounting the Zulu and India Bravo Terrathree signals. Even with these mounted I would barely scrape by earning 10K each match. What I had to do to offset this was build up a credit base that I could absorb any loss. I would recommend any  consistent players build up at least $200M in credits to handle in game expenses Another reason is I pack additional modules before going into a match. A win would payback whatever I spent for the mods and extra for profit.

Edited by 1AngryMarine, 29 March 2017 - 11:36 PM.

Lance53 #82 Posted 30 March 2017 - 02:00 AM

Warrant Officer

• Members

View Post1AngryMarine, on 29 March 2017 - 11:31 PM, said:

Is this going to apply to co-op as well?. There are games that some players strictly do random and team and those that do co-op and of course there are those (including me) that play the field (every thing). I can't take anything above  Tier VIII into co-op without going into the negative even when the match was a victory. Co-op is what I would normally use to break in a new captain and/or ship. I took my Tier X Montana into a co-op match and won, but even with the special camo the service costs hammered me and I ended up losing credits. The only way I can offset this is by mounting the Zulu and India Bravo Terrathree signals. Even with these mounted I would barely scrape by earning 10K each match. What I had to do to offset this was build up a credit base that I could absorb any loss. I would recommend any  consistent players build up at least $200M in credits to handle in game expenses Another reason is I pack additional modules before going into a match. A win would payback whatever I spent for the mods and extra for profit.

It would appear that your lack of knowledge of how the game scores your performance, is what is hurting you the most here.   The game penalizes certain game play, and rewards others.  

You need to post your detailed game stats and earnings screens from the end of some example games, if you want to make any argument that the game is broken.   Anecdotal stories like this really prove nothing at all, as there are so many variables involved.

People need to post actual data, if you want to make a convincing complaint.   And I don't see anyone bothering to do that here in this thread.

So if anyone is concerned about this issue, then please take a few moments to document your games, and present some evidence of what you are experiencing.

Edited by Lance53, 30 March 2017 - 02:03 AM.

PicknChew #83 Posted 07 April 2017 - 09:23 PM

Warrant Officer

• Members

the cost of playing high tier games is indeed pretty steep. It is part of the reason I don't playmuch above t8. However, reducing the cost is a way to say, "get to t10 and play badly.... doesn't matter".

When I played WoWP, the grind was hard enough that playing higher tiers was special. In WoWs, anyone without any knowledge of the game, classes, ships, can play T10, then go forum and complain that DDs are OP, BBs need some love... I think the problem is really there, not the cost of games. reducing the economy at high tier will only incite poor players to play high tier imo

Edited by PicknChew, 07 April 2017 - 10:49 PM.

Ironmanxp #84 Posted 16 April 2017 - 09:50 AM

Petty Officer

• Members

Not sure I can agree with that assessment.  It takes a very long time (unless you have a lot of disposable income to throw at the game) to earn enough XP and resources to get a higher tier ship (VIII-X) so to think that someone may not be experienced shouldn't be the case.  Now experience does not necessarily equate to being any good, but it certainly is required to be as good as you can be.  To diminish anyone based on their abilities should not be the purpose of any game. It should be about providing a pathway to success and reward for hard earned time and expenses invested. If you're concerned about the abilities of other players then set up or join a league of your own skill level peers.  So in my view, anyone who has put forth the time and considerable financial investment to get to a higher tier ship, should be rewarded with "reasonable" gaming rewards and not penalized by excessive game-play expenses.  After all, it really isn't costing the Gaming Manufacturer (ie, WoWG) any additional expenses.  The purpose of the detailed game costs is to provide some level of measure of the players success.  So why not provide reasonable costs for routine game play, and the provide additional incentives for exceptionally good game play.  That way the players aren't going broke to stay in the game, and those who want to be rewarded for their exceptional abilities are accommodated as well.  We all need to remember that this online game is for the purpose of having "fun" in our spare time. There are tournaments for the professional players with their own rewards. Plus from a marketing point of view, if the game ceases to be "fun" and rewarding for the player, then they will stop playing and all their routine investments (purchases from the Game Shop) will be lost as well as word of mouth advertisement to new players.  No company wants to lose either of those.  So the idea is to give a little, keep the players happy and rewarded, and keep them playing the game.  So far I would say WOW has done a pretty good job at that, but there is always room for improvement.  

Happy Gaming, Anchors away and full speed ahead. And remember its about having FUN !! :)

PicknChew #85 Posted 16 April 2017 - 11:12 AM

Warrant Officer

• Members

View PostIronmanxp, on 16 April 2017 - 09:50 AM, said:

Not sure I can agree with that assessment.  It takes a very long time (unless you have a lot of disposable income to throw at the game) to earn enough XP and resources to get a higher tier ship (VIII-X) so to think that someone may not be experienced shouldn't be the case.

Well. You can install the game and buy a T9 straight away. Then never invest in the game ever again. So it doesn't take a lot of disposable income really.

Once you have that, you have a ship that can train captains, earn plenty XP and cash...

If you look at some of the new players, you can see that they often have their games mostly in one nation. You can get to T7 very fast indeed even without a premium to boost you.

View PostIronmanxp, on 16 April 2017 - 09:50 AM, said:

The purpose of the detailed game costs is to provide some level of measure of the players success.

I suppose WG wants to keep all the mid-high tiers pretty busy. Lowering T10 costs would bring more people to play T10. So that might be part of the reason.Tier-Events might be the way to go. Now, your XP and WR is really what measures your level of success, cash doesn't and shouldn't really.

Lord_Zath #86 Posted 16 April 2017 - 03:03 PM

Commander

• WoWS Wiki Editor
  • Beta Testers
    Supertester

View PostPicknChew, on 07 April 2017 - 03:23 PM, said:

the cost of playing high tier games is indeed pretty steep. It is part of the reason I don't playmuch above t8. However, reducing the cost is a way to say, "get to t10 and play badly.... doesn't matter".

When I played WoWP, the grind was hard enough that playing higher tiers was special. In WoWs, anyone without any knowledge of the game, classes, ships, can play T10, then go forum and complain that DDs are OP, BBs need some love... I think the problem is really there, not the cost of games. reducing the economy at high tier will only incite poor players to play high tier imo

Sadly, this is exactly what's happened thanks to the premium camos.  

RTR78 #87 Posted 21 April 2017 - 03:20 PM

Petty Officer

• Members

Thank you! I enjoy the higher tiers but have thought it was a little too expensive. It's tough,especialy if you are the top experience earner and lose credits. 

Carrier_Lexington #88 Posted 21 April 2017 - 04:28 PM

Ensign

• Members

View PostNikoPower, on 02 June 2016 - 07:31 PM, said:

After collecting more feedback from players, we've decided to experiment with another monthlong change to the World of Warships economy, this one running all of June.

Prior to this testing period, it could be tough to repair high-tier ships, which may have made them less enjoyable to play. But now we're reducing the repair costs by approximately 40% at tier X, and 25% at tiers VII-IX. Captain your favorite high-tier ships more frequently!

These apply only to regular (non-Premium) ships.

In addition, please bear in mind that this is only a test, and we'll analyze results before we consider any permanent changes to the overall game economy.

Finally! I won't get 170k repair bills for Essex! I can finally turn a profit!

"Heresy!"

Carrier_Lexington #89 Posted 21 April 2017 - 04:35 PM

Ensign

• Members

View PostPicknChew, on 16 April 2017 - 06:12 AM, said:

Well. You can install the game and buy a T9 straight away. Then never invest in the game ever again.  Not really, because you have to have 750k convertible xp, but you're close enough.

<snip>

I suppose WG wants to keep all the mid-high tiers pretty busy. Lowering T10 costs would bring more people to play T10. So that might be part of the reason.Tier-Events might be the way to go. Now, your XP and WR is really what measures your level of success, cash doesn't and shouldn't really.

That's one of the few things I don't like about this economy, currently. I can understand expensive XP costs, but sometimes I feel like expensive credit costs, especially with expensive battle costs, is just too much. Compound this with marginal credit profits, especially for carriers, and it can feel like, no matter how hard you work, you never more than ~50k credits/battle.

XP is often a better measure of individual skill than credits or WR.

"Heresy!"

Shnoze_Shmon #90 Posted 21 April 2017 - 07:20 PM

Master Chief Petty Officer

• Members

View PostPulicat, on 02 June 2016 - 08:50 PM, said:

great, more bad players can play high tier more often.

... and be on your team more often ...

The squirrel is coming... don't go to sleep... the squirrel is coming...

woe to those that be saddled with squirrels as team mates...

thump... drag... thump... drag... oh wait!  Sorry, wrong story

the squirrel is coming....

what?  wait, wuddya mean you've never heard the squirrel story!  How can that be?  I've been parading around as a menace to society for years now.  What's it take to get noticed as an insane menace these days?  I'm getting a refund from my P.R. guy... oh wait, that's me... ha! no wonder!  Only an insane idiot would rely on me to get something done...  so who hired me?  Oh, that's right, I did... Ah, that makes sense now...

Spoiler

AVR_Project #91 Posted 21 April 2017 - 08:59 PM

Lieutenant Commander

• Members

Many of my missions are Tier 10 battles.

The fact I don't own any is not important.  50% of my Tier 8 ships get sucked into the high tier.

Been keeping a record the last few days:

In my tier 8 ships:  14 Battles

3) Tier 8

4) Tier 9

7) Tier 10

Happy part, is that, though I am a single-salvo speed-bump, the numbers never went negative in credits.

So much has been lost, so much forgotten. So much pain, so much blood. And for what? I wonder. The past tempts us, the present confuses us, and the future frightens us. And our lives slip away, moment by moment, lost in that vast, terrible in-between. But there is still time to seize that one last, fragile moment. To choose something better, to make a difference.  -- Babylon 5

PicknChew #92 Posted 22 April 2017 - 11:07 AM

Warrant Officer

• Members

View PostAVR_Project, on 21 April 2017 - 08:59 PM, said:

Many of my missions are Tier 10 battles.

The fact I don't own any is not important.  50% of my Tier 8 ships get sucked into the high tier.

Been keeping a record the last few days:

In my tier 8 ships:  14 Battles

3) Tier 8

4) Tier 9

7) Tier 10

Happy part, is that, though I am a single-salvo speed-bump, the numbers never went negative in credits.

yes, it looks like the cut off is T8 now. They get up-tiered very often.

Talker1937 #93 Posted 06 May 2017 - 10:20 AM

Seaman Recruit

• Members

Yea, I Hope That It Becomes The Standard Setup.

I Am Currently Playing The N. Carolina Hull B, And Because I Play Very Aggressive Game, My Repair Cost, Most of The Time, Are About 80,000, And I Only Average About 50,000 In Credits. So I Play The Colorado Hull B, And I Play The Same very Aggressive Play, And I Most Always Have A Gain Of About 25,000 Credits.

I Am Not A Very Good Player Because Of the style Of Play I Think. So As I Go Forwarded And Play The Tier Ships, I Will Be Very Happy To Keep Playing Very Aggressive.

Thank Again Talker1937.

Talker1937 #94 Posted 06 May 2017 - 10:41 AM

Seaman Recruit

• Members

Yea, I Hope That It Becomes The Standard Setup.

I Am Currently Playing The N. Carolina Hull B, And Because I Play Very Aggressive Game, My Repair Cost, Most of The Time, Are About 80,000, And I Only Average About 50,000 In Credits. So I Play The Colorado Hull B, And I Play The Same very Aggressive Play, And I Most Always Have A Gain Of About 25,000 Credits.

I Am Not A Very Good Player Because Of the style Of Play I Think. So As I Go Forwarded And Play The Tier Ships, I Will Be Very Happy To Keep Playing Very Aggressive.

Thank Again Talker1937.

Admiral_Cirno #95 Posted 17 May 2017 - 01:04 AM

Seaman

• Members

Well here's an idea - why not give a higher credit payoff when damaging ships that are higher-tier than yours?  Or lower the repair costs when in a mostly up-tiered game?

It can be frustrating in a Benson to see half a dozen tier Xs on the Red Team ... gunbattles with Gearing's don't end well for me.  But hey, if I got an extra 10K credits when I did manage to sink one I'd be happy.

This might also help people in tiers V and VIII feel better about constantly being Screwed er uh loved tenderly by MM ; )

MisterSlithers #96 Posted 19 May 2017 - 10:46 AM

Seaman

• Members

Haven't played in a few months glad to see that the game still has the same crap economy well wallet is still staying closed 

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users