Feedback and Thoughts Directly to Pigeon_of_War

feedback ideas wows

• Please log in to reply
1961 replies to this topic

PelicanHazard #41 Posted 03 June 2016 - 07:13 PM

Lieutenant Commander

• Members

View PostLert, on 03 June 2016 - 02:04 PM, said:

Pigeon, can you comment on the issues addressed in this thread please? It's the same issue that LWM addressed a few posts up.

I ran out of upvotes so quoting as a +1. My willingness to deal with Ranked has tanked if I can't get a Flint at the end of it.
Current Grind Progress: Shiratsuyu, Akatsuki, Myoko, Amagi, Hiryu, Essex, Udaloi, Tashkent, Shchors, Ernst Gaede, Bismarck, Roon, Fiji, Émile Bertin
Tier X: Gearing, Des Moines, Montana
Too many keepers to list

Pigeon_of_War #42 Posted 03 June 2016 - 07:41 PM

Assistant Producer

• Developers

View PostLert, on 03 June 2016 - 11:04 AM, said:

Pigeon, can you comment on the issues addressed in this thread please? It's the same issue that LWM addressed a few posts up.

It's being looked into. More info to follow!

(Main Avatar created by xtcmax)

(Signature avatar created by Kombat_W0MBAT)

Follow me on Twitter
Find us on Facebook!

Lert #43 Posted 03 June 2016 - 07:41 PM

Admiral

• Supertester
  • In AlfaTesters
    Beta Testers

That. Is very good news. Thank you.

(Above stats not guaranteed accurate. I'm a supertester and test ships don't always register correctly)

Ship hipster: I liked Alabama before it was cool

HesCalledTheStig #44 Posted 03 June 2016 - 08:28 PM

Chief Petty Officer

• Beta Testers

Finally... a thread I can fire off about the Yorktown Class and/or the USS Enterprise.

This is me. Asking for a Yorktown Class Carrier... or at least a premium USS Enterprise. Again. Pretty please?

Admin, VF-10 Grim Reapers

Visit our website for more information about joining VF-10! vf10.enjin.com

Computer Specs

Pigeon_of_War #45 Posted 03 June 2016 - 08:31 PM

Assistant Producer

• Developers

View PostHesCalledTheStig, on 03 June 2016 - 12:28 PM, said:

a premium USS Enterprise. 

I've said this in several meetings in the building, if/when this comes out, I'm spending my own money on it. 

(Main Avatar created by xtcmax)

(Signature avatar created by Kombat_W0MBAT)

Follow me on Twitter
Find us on Facebook!

HesCalledTheStig #46 Posted 03 June 2016 - 08:33 PM

Chief Petty Officer

• Beta Testers

View PostPigeon_of_War, on 03 June 2016 - 03:31 PM, said:

I've said this in several meetings in the building, if/when this comes out, I'm spending my own money on it. 

Amen... I've got a secret stash of cash if and when it ever shows up. 

Admin, VF-10 Grim Reapers

Visit our website for more information about joining VF-10! vf10.enjin.com

Computer Specs

OgreMkV #47 Posted 03 June 2016 - 08:55 PM

Warrant Officer

• Members

Things I would like to see...

Non-meeting engagements and asymmetric battles. For example...

1) 6 destroyers vs. 2 cruisers protecting 8 transports from one side of the map to the other. 

2) 3 battleships have to prevent as much damage as possible to a town when attacked by 6 fast cruisers. 

SeaRaptor00 #48 Posted 03 June 2016 - 09:00 PM

Lieutenant

• WoWS Wiki Editor
  • Members

View PostPigeon_of_War, on 03 June 2016 - 01:41 PM, said:

It's being looked into. More info to follow!

Thank you.  It doesn't impact me at all, because I never made Rank 1 in any season, but I think it's tremendously important that we improve the communication on Ranked and Team battle rewards BEFORE the seasons for such things start (much less end).

On a related note: now that the Admiral Hipper is available in-game with her post-refit bow and funnel cap, how about a re-skinned Prinz Eugen premium Tier VIII German heavy cruiser?

Just wondering. =)

Latest World of Warships Wiki Updates -- My Talk page -- My YouTube channel

"Wiki editors do the Lord's work." --Pigeon_of_War @ WGNA

Acolyte of the Church of Hindenburg and Official Scrub of Task Force Apocalypse (Salt Queens)

MerianCooper #49 Posted 03 June 2016 - 09:05 PM

Warrant Officer

• Beta Testers

Restore AFT to guns up to 152mm. American mid-tier cruisers are heavily disadvantaged now, especially against German and Russian CAs.

The anniversary of the Battle of Savo Island is August 8-9. That would be a great time to roll out a night game mode! :playing:

It would also be a good time to introduce a premium like the HMAS Canberra.

INoCU #50 Posted 03 June 2016 - 09:17 PM

Ensign

• Members

View PostMerianCooper, on 03 June 2016 - 02:05 PM, said:

Restore AFT to guns up to 152mm. American mid-tier cruisers are heavily disadvantaged now, especially against German and Russian CAs.

Unfortunately Germans have 150mm guns and Russians have 152mm guns. In other words nothing will change except for angry BB players. 

Stats

Wash0ut #51 Posted 03 June 2016 - 10:04 PM

Petty Officer

• Members

How about West Virginia, as she was at Surigao Strait, as a USN premium battleship?

El_Judarino #52 Posted 03 June 2016 - 10:05 PM

Lieutenant

• Beta Testers

View PostWash0ut, on 03 June 2016 - 05:04 PM, said:

How about West Virginia, as she was at Surigao Strait, as a USN premium battleship?

I wholeheartedly second this suggestion!

Ciroton #53 Posted 03 June 2016 - 10:34 PM

Chief Petty Officer

• Members

I really hope you can answer this, but the main problem I find with having so many events at once are the fact that, in the past, you couldn't complete them concurrently with any real efficiency. Back in January we had the ARP stuff that could only be completed in Random Battles, then we had Ranked Season Three and then Project R which was also random-only (IIRC) but I forget if it came towards the end of RS3 or afterwards. With round 2 of the ARP stuff coming (finally) and my desire for free ships, I would rather not have to choose between Ranked or Free Ships. Please make it so that we can complete the ARP Missions in Ranked Battles! Forcing players to choose one or the other (not everyone is good enough/lucky enough to get to rank 1 in the allotted time) only leaves them bitter, as I can tell for personal experience, that they could not participate in the other content without missing out on both.

Also, as a Canadian, I would sell all my Maple Syrup (heresy, I know) to get the HMCS Haida. USS Enterprise would also be nice.

My Humble Fleet

[ > Tashkent, Kiev*, Ognevoi, Blyskawica, Farragut, Minekaze, Mutsuki, V-25 [ \ > (Takao), Belfast, (Myoko, Ashigara, Haguro, Nachi) Molotov, Admiral Graf Spee*, Cleveland, Leander, Marblehead*, Furutaka, Koingsberg, Kirov, Aurora*, Friant, Diana*, Emden*[ \\ > Tirpitz, Scharnhorst, Nagato, Colorado, New Mexico*, Konig, (Kongo, Kirishima, Haruna, Hiei), Mikasa* [ =| > Hosho

Queen of Damage: ARP Kongo (151,580) Queen of Kills: Blyskawica (101)

MidnightShamalan #54 Posted 03 June 2016 - 10:53 PM

Lieutenant Junior Grade

• Members

i can't think of a whole lot to improve off the top of my head. but one thing that comes to mind that i think needs to be looked at is the matches with ~12 destroyers. when a team is mostly made up of DDs, the entire game hinges on them winning their fight with the enemy DDs. and it causes battleship players to camp their spawn point, too afraid to do anything.

often times those matches end up a landslide victory for one team. i've seen games with one team having entirely IJN DDs, while the other side has all gunboats. i'll let you guess which side's DDs win those matches.

my suggestions for this would be either limit the number of DDs that can be put on a team to something like 4 (not ideal, this would probably mess with MM a lot), or find some way to balance them out between gunboats and torpedo boats so that it's more of an even fight. i'm not sure if either of those are possible. but i definitely think something needs to be looked at.

other than that, secondary friendly fire. it needs to be gone. switching off secondaries/AA every time a friendly drives between you and an enemy ship is nowhere near practical. especially if you're being targeted by bombers at the same time. and more than that, in the heat of battle it's rare to be aware that your secondaries are about to hit an ally before they actually hit the ally. secondary guns should do no damage to allies.

PanzerSchofield #55 Posted 04 June 2016 - 02:38 AM

Petty Officer

• Beta Testers

Any update on the unification of gold/dubloons between this game and WoT. I search this topic often and mostly there's a mishmash of conflicting information. The lack of a definite answer on this topic is keeping me from buying gold in either game for the time being.

SulfurOxide #56 Posted 04 June 2016 - 03:02 AM

Seaman Recruit

• Beta Testers

Pigeon glad to have you on board! Does this mean that Alsorobots has been sacked? or possibly reassigned?

MJPIA #57 Posted 04 June 2016 - 04:01 AM

Warrant Officer

• Members

Sooo is there any reason the Ishizuchi gets so much of its Q turret firing angle blocked by the lifeboats?

It makes that turret near useless unless you are broadside or running away.

And if you are broadside to any other bb you are gonna die.

Kinda irritating since I like actually playing it like a battlecruiser and I can't bring 20% of my firepower to bear on cruisers I'm chasing.

Also I wanna Mikasa.

dseehafer #58 Posted 04 June 2016 - 04:45 AM

Rear Admiral

• Beta Testers

I'd like to point out that Tirpitz's port side rearmost 105mm turret is facing the wrong direction.

HCwdjx3.jpg

CREATOR OF THE "A DETAILED LOOK AT" AND THE "WHAT'S THE DIFFERENCE??" SERIES!! 

KlnDiJZ.gif

"The whole strategy of the war turns at this period to this ship (the Tirpitz), which is holding four times the number of British capital ships paralyzed, to say nothing of the two new American battleships retained in the Atlantic."

- Winston Churchill

WanderingGhost #59 Posted 04 June 2016 - 04:47 AM

Lieutenant Junior Grade

• Alpha Tester

View PostPigeon_of_War, on 03 June 2016 - 03:31 PM, said:

On the subject of "Yorktown class CV's we'd throw money at" - much as I'd like carrier balance worked out first if were going with premium ships (I think Big E should be worked into the tech tree, why it's not already there is still beyond me) can we get a "Doolittle Raid" variant of the Hornet? Sure it goes against reality to recover B-25's on a Yorktown class carrier but well, can't just have one and done. And this is one of those times I'm willing to say "screw reality and physics, do it for the fun and lols".

If nothing else - it'd truly fit the premium concept of being "unique and/or different" could even throw in that the bombers have to be launched before the fighters :hiding:. After all hornet had to get the B-25's off to launch her fighters that were still stored below decks.

yUPPatriots #60 Posted 04 June 2016 - 11:22 PM

Commander

• Members

I'll send you cash if you find the live folder marked "cvs" and press DEL

Also tagged with feedback, ideas, wows

5 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users

Darnith