Feedback and Thoughts Directly to Pigeon_of_War

feedback ideas wows

• Please log in to reply
1963 replies to this topic

Thorkhild #1921 Posted 30 April 2017 - 07:15 PM

Seaman

• Members

Pigeon, with memorial day upon us I am reminded that we have about 6 months until veterans day,, and so I am curious if there is any movement on the creation of the U.S.S. Tracy premium ship aka DD-214 that is mentioned in the ship suggestion section and is getting a little traction.. It is a great idea,, What can be from WG north america standpoint to get this pressed to where it needs to go overseas so it can happen in time? If there something else that needs to occur?

Edited by Thorkhild, 30 April 2017 - 07:16 PM.

"After all, Who wouldn't want a DD-214''?

Pigeon_of_War #1922 Posted 30 April 2017 - 08:17 PM

Assistant Producer

• Developers

View PostThorkhild, on 30 April 2017 - 11:15 AM, said:

Pigeon, with memorial day upon us I am reminded that we have about 6 months until veterans day,, and so I am curious if there is any movement on the creation of the U.S.S. Tracy premium ship aka DD-214 that is mentioned in the ship suggestion section and is getting a little traction.. It is a great idea,, What can be from WG north america standpoint to get this pressed to where it needs to go overseas so it can happen in time? If there something else that needs to occur?

Not to say USS Tracy hasn't been suggested before because of the obvious joke that can be applied to it's name, but it's still a good idea. That said, ships do take quite a bit of time as you mentioned, and six months is about the time frame, as has been mentioned before. I can't promise you USS Tracy, but I can assure you of some awesome ships coming soon. 

(Main Avatar created by xtcmax)

(Signature avatar created by Kombat_W0MBAT)

Follow me on Twitter
Find us on Facebook!

Carrier_Lexington #1923 Posted 30 April 2017 - 09:39 PM

Ensign

• Members

View PostPigeon_of_War, on 30 April 2017 - 03:17 PM, said:

<snip> because of the obvious joke that can be applied to it's name <snip>

What, exactly, am I missing here?

Tracy, like, "Richard Tracy," the American 1930s Comic-book Detective? (the auto-censor wouldn't let me put his real name in)

Edited by Carrier_Lexington, 30 April 2017 - 09:40 PM.

"Heresy!"

Znayut #1924 Posted 30 April 2017 - 09:52 PM

Chief Petty Officer

• Members

View PostCarrier_Lexington, on 30 April 2017 - 09:39 PM, said:

What, exactly, am I missing here?

Tracy, like, "Richard Tracy," the American 1930s Comic-book Detective? (the auto-censor wouldn't let me put his real name in)

I think it's in reference to DD-214, which if I recall is the DoD form for discharge from active duty.

TheCompGuy25 #1925 Posted 30 April 2017 - 10:20 PM

Seaman

• Members

Pigeon, apologizes if this has been suggested before but have you all thought about some kind of "non-movement" penalty?  That is, if you're sitting still or nearly still, say<5kts or so, that you take an additional 5% damage from shells striking you?  This may help with the bow camping meta since those ships just rock forward and back never getting up too much speed.  Either that or some kind of accuracy buff to incoming shells if you're not moving.  Again that would get folks moving and make it dangerous to camp behind an island.  

I was in a battle the other night where I had flanked an Atlanta unawares who was camping and firing, unmoving over the island.  I laid the crosshairs on him dead center and let loose.  Against an unmoving target, I bracketed him with all the shots and had one overpen.  I have no issue with the RNG mechanics in the game and know and appreciate that it is part of the game and that it sometimes helps(!) with less than accurate aiming.  

It just struck me right then as something which could increase the danger to sitting still.  Just an idea, I would not recommend going crazy with it - I'm not looking for instadelete if sitting still.  Just a little more pain to do so.

Quantity has a quality all it's own. - J. Stalin

Speed is Life. - any Starfleet Battles captain 

DarthDoge #1926 Posted 30 April 2017 - 11:51 PM

Captain

• Members

View PostPigeon_of_War, on 30 April 2017 - 03:17 PM, said:

Not to say USS Tracy hasn't been suggested before because of the obvious joke that can be applied to it's name, but it's still a good idea. That said, ships do take quite a bit of time as you mentioned, and six months is about the time frame, as has been mentioned before. I can't promise you USS Tracy, but I can assure you of some awesome ships coming soon. 

HAIDA?!

*SHAKES PIGEON*

GIVE ME HAIDA!

*froths at the mouth*

CG59 #1927 Posted 01 May 2017 - 02:55 AM

Warrant Officer

• Members

Or the USS Pope. Just give her Def fire and sell. Copy paste.

SergeantHop #1928 Posted 01 May 2017 - 03:03 AM

Captain

• Members

View PostCG59, on 30 April 2017 - 06:55 PM, said:

Or the USS Pope. Just give her Def fire and sell. Copy paste.

Pope as in the Clemson-class? With defensive fire, for the one gun that would be affected by it? That one gun with a DPS of 1? 

#1 in the world for max base XP in Tirpitz

Check out my premium camo thread here!

Legion_of_Boom25 #1929 Posted 01 May 2017 - 03:09 AM

Seaman

• Members

Hey Pigeon, How's it going :)

I have a suggestion that's obscure but i think can help in this specific situation for clarification and less chance of hyperbole from someone else. Sometimes, someone posts a screen shot of their "Battle" tab from "List of reports" from the bottom right side of the game screen. That victory/defeat screen does not show if those victories/defeats came from "Random" or "Co-Op" battles (unless i'm missing something). That would be nice to add a little something there to show which it came from. I mix and match my own games at times and it would help me out just going back to see what i did for myself in those areas. So, it's a minor thing, but a small improvement that could help in more than one way for us that look at it.

Thank you and good day sir :)

Salt and Pepper is best on a steak...Lets keep it there

MrDeaf #1930 Posted 01 May 2017 - 03:47 AM

Admiral

• Members

this clash of the elements event really drains my willingness to play the game.

top 100, week 1, 3 out of 5 categories

top 100, week 2, 4 out of 5 categories

top 100, week 3... probably 0 out of 5

I totally don't feel like playing another 120+ games at peak performance

Now with more Youtube.

Subscribe to this thread for latest videos: http://forum.worldof...youtube-videos/

The Corgiolis Effect: When you notice you need more torpedoes on your ship

Hiro_Yoshi #1931 Posted 01 May 2017 - 11:42 AM

Seaman

• Members

Greetings Pigeon,

If possible I'd like to see a rebalance of concealment values for Tier 5 through 7 destroyers. Most of the battleships and cruisers in those tiers do have similar concealment to their Tier 8 brethren, but many destroyers are left behind when the matchmaker places them against Tier 8 and 9s.

Edited by Hiro_Yoshi, 01 May 2017 - 04:59 PM.

bluez32 #1932 Posted 01 May 2017 - 01:53 PM

Seaman Recruit

• Members

I would love to see the USS Weber in the game as my father served on her during WWII ..My Uncle Al went down on the USS Sims during the Coral Sea battle .

Also inform me on how to unlock Big Mo ..I have lots of XP  just not sure how to unlock her ?

Thank You 

Moonrider #1933 Posted 01 May 2017 - 01:54 PM

Warrant Officer

• Members

Copypasta  with expansions from a reply in another thread, but something I think the main office should give some serious thought to.

View PostKitsunelegend, on 29 April 2017 - 11:27 PM, said:

Lately I've noticed an increasing trend among this community, from all sides. From the normal forum users, to the community contributors, to some of the more well known forum goers, where it seems to me at least, that a very bad level of toxicity is taking over, especially when talking about anything regarding stats, be it from ship stats, to server stats, to personal stats...

Until Wargaming takes the obvious step of setting the default for personal stats to private,  and making a one time change setting them to private for EVERYONE across all Wargaming titles, this will continue to get worse. 

Once this becomes the norm, the small minority who wish to use third party stat tracking sites for their inaccurate epeenie ratings can switch them back to public, and the rest of us can track our improvement in private using the official website (or simply ignore stats and "play for fun") without harassment from the yahoos assuming that "Only bad players hide their stats."

Boats and ships are female because they are beautiful, lovable, expensive—and unpredictable.

bluez32 #1934 Posted 01 May 2017 - 01:55 PM

Seaman Recruit

• Members

View PostZnayut, on 30 April 2017 - 09:52 PM, said:

I think it's in reference to DD-214, which if I recall is the DoD form for discharge from active duty.

I have mine from the US Army . If your a Veteran you will need that info the rest of your life 

Adm_Nate_Ellis937 #1935 Posted 01 May 2017 - 07:37 PM

Ensign

• Beta Testers

Hey Pigeon,

is it possible that we could see HMCS Haida released around July 1st, since it will be Canada's 150th birthday? It would be neat to have a Canadian ship as part of the Commonwealth tree.

Suryn #1936 Posted 04 May 2017 - 09:54 AM

Petty Officer

• Members

Pigeon is it possible that there could be a filter so that you have to play a match or 2 (and actually get xp for the match) before you can send out internal messages to people? I've gotten quite a few spammers offering to sell me account levels and other things. I get this will stop newbies who are joining from poking the people that are helping them. But accounts that are created just to give me spam in game bugs me.

Lert #1937 Posted 04 May 2017 - 10:26 PM

Admiral

• Supertester
  • In AlfaTesters
    Beta Testers

Hey Pigeon,

Can you put forth this idea to the higher ups?

I believe it would open up a whole meta of incidental teamplay with minimum effort from the programmers and minimal clutter on screen.

(Above stats not guaranteed accurate. I'm a supertester and test ships don't always register correctly)

Ship hipster: I liked Alabama before it was cool

mmfullen #1938 Posted 04 May 2017 - 10:28 PM

Master Chief Petty Officer

• Members

View PostLert, on 04 May 2017 - 05:26 PM, said:

Hey Pigeon,

Can you put forth this idea to the higher ups?

I believe it would open up a whole meta of incidental teamplay with minimum effort from the programmers and minimal clutter on screen.

+1 to this.

That and the suggestion made about giving RN dd's the creeping Perth smoke when they make their debut into the game.

[-K-] Kraken

Jakajan #1939 Posted 05 May 2017 - 11:21 AM

Ensign

• Members

Say Pigeon. I know you can't really talk about ships under development but I'm curious if you can say if a ship is not under development or perhaps anything much on this subject? I heard some talk a long time ago about a Graf Zeppelin, but then later noticed that she showed up in an anime episode of Izetta the Last Witch, which WG was involved in the modeling of the ship for the series... Cool series btw! Were the rumors of the Zep basically leaked models for the animated series or perhaps something more? I know, grey area question here.

Bill_Halsey #1940 Posted 05 May 2017 - 11:38 AM

Warrant Officer

• Members

View Postbluez32, on 01 May 2017 - 01:53 PM, said:

I would love to see the USS Weber in the game as my father served on her during WWII ..My Uncle Al went down on the USS Sims during the Coral Sea battle .

Also inform me on how to unlock Big Mo ..I have lots of XP  just not sure how to unlock her ?

Thank You 

You need 750k of free xp. Grind or wallet. Have fun.

Also tagged with feedback, ideas, wows

9 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 8 guests, 0 anonymous users

Ariana