feedback ideas wows

• Please log in to reply
1984 replies to this topic

Goose21891 #1781 Posted 20 March 2017 - 03:56 AM

Fleet Admiral

• Beta Testers
  • In AlfaTesters

View PostCuJo333, on 19 March 2017 - 07:11 PM, said:

I'm and newer player and sure this has been asked plenty, but when will there be a line of British battleships (other than the premium warspite)?

I'm shocked there aren't any, seeing as the British had a pretty dominant navy with plenty of battleships from ww1 on thru ww2.

I know I'd like to play a  HMS Revenge class, or Nelson Class, or King George V class..... or even the old HMS Dreadnaught......

Unless I'm remembering wrong, it has more to do with the British Archives than anything else. A lot of their Battleship designs are still classified. Hell, the BBC did a documentary in 2015 and had to jump through hoops to be able to film the actual builder's drawings for HMS Dreadnought. It's a similar story for the Soviet Battleships, most blueprints are still classified

Jakajan #1782 Posted 20 March 2017 - 09:57 AM

Ensign

• Members

I have heard a rumor about manual attacks being removed from tier 4 and 5 carriers. I think removing straffing all together would be a more fair compromise than this. Note I'm not saying it is a fair solution but it would be a better cut and paste bandaid.

Currently if a tier 5 carrier without strafe were to be pit against a tier 6 carrier that has this capability there would be absolutely zero contest. I would say if manual attacks were to be removed from tier 4 and 5 carriers there is no way a tier 5 carrier should ever face a tier 6 carrier.

Anyway I'm hoping this is a false report, back to ranked play.

Bill_Halsey #1783 Posted 20 March 2017 - 02:16 PM

Warrant Officer

• Members

View PostGoose21891, on 19 March 2017 - 10:37 PM, said:

Working as intended. You aren't supposed to make a profit in Tier 10 unless you perform really well.

Doing consistently very well is the issue. Since the Kurfurst does not have the 10.6 km secondary range, beating off dd's who want to make you the torp piñata is a pain. Especially with the bow tanking meta. You do have a big HP pool, that goes away like a snowball in hell when your focus fired and every one else decides to run away with you unable to disengage.

Pigeon_of_War #1784 Posted 20 March 2017 - 04:12 PM

Assistant Producer

• Developers

View PostJakajan, on 20 March 2017 - 01:57 AM, said:

I have heard a rumor about manual attacks being removed from tier 4 and 5 carriers. I think removing straffing all together would be a more fair compromise than this. Note I'm not saying it is a fair solution but it would be a better cut and paste bandaid.

Currently if a tier 5 carrier without strafe were to be pit against a tier 6 carrier that has this capability there would be absolutely zero contest. I would say if manual attacks were to be removed from tier 4 and 5 carriers there is no way a tier 5 carrier should ever face a tier 6 carrier.

Anyway I'm hoping this is a false report, back to ranked play.

Some changes are coming to Aircraft carriers, and you should (if all goes according to plan) be able to test those changes in a upcoming Public Test.

(Main Avatar created by xtcmax)

(Signature avatar created by Kombat_W0MBAT)

Follow me on Twitter
Find us on Facebook!

DarthDoge #1785 Posted 20 March 2017 - 06:45 PM

Captain

• Members

View PostPigeon_of_War, on 20 March 2017 - 11:12 AM, said:

Some changes are coming to Aircraft carriers, and you should (if all goes according to plan) be able to test those changes in a upcoming Public Test.

Well the PT client just updated, about 250mb I believe so I assume the rework is the PT that may be announced within a few days.

0.6.3 PT without the April fools stuff which would probably be 0.6.3.1.

Tiberius67 #1786 Posted 21 March 2017 - 10:06 PM

Petty Officer

• Beta Testers

Is there a chance the Steven Segal op could be re-run in future for those (like me) who didn't get him in the last one? No entitlement issues, I was pretty down on the game at that time, it was really the Santa boxes and the Convoys ops that re-sparked my interest and have me playing semi-regularly now. There are probably some new players who would like one too, especially if they aspire to be MO drivers.

Figured I'd ask here as I'd get torn apart in General for daring to ask, no doubt.

Aduial #1787 Posted 22 March 2017 - 12:06 PM

Rear Admiral

• Members

I really hope that the decision to remove alt-attacks from T4/5 carriers is going to be reconsidered. This isn't going to make anything better; it's only going to reduce the CV population further. I don't mean to sound rude, but this may be the dumbest change I've seen so far. 

Auto-drops are practically useless against lower tier ships, as there is too much room between each torpedo or bomb. Even with a perfect drop, you'll be lucky to get more than one hit per squadron even against a battleship. 

I also don't how weak AA is a justification for the removal of manual drops. If AA was all that weak, wouldn't it make more sense to maybe, you know, increase AA? Going from "AA is too weak" to "manual drops should be removed" is completely illogical. 

Edited by Aduial, 22 March 2017 - 12:08 PM.

My terrible stats:

My Favorite ships: Mogami,  Clemson, T8 Fubuki, Mikasa, Gneisenau, Fletcher

Aduial's commander build recommendations (post 0.6.0)               Remove Detonations from Ranked battles                 Rebalancing Aircraft Loadouts          Repair Party for Tier 8 Cruisers?           Strafing:           Suggestion about carrier MM          

Jakajan #1788 Posted 23 March 2017 - 09:55 AM

Ensign

• Members

Amazingly, I ranked out. I gained 9 stars in one day and somehow squeaked onto the R1 list for the first time.

I started analyzing my battles and trying to figure out what I was doing wrong. Focused very hard on my sims marskman skills, learned how to lead targets better even hitting cruisers accurately at 12km helped because they could not return fire as accurately.

When I died I started thinking about what got me. Also I was persistent and tried to fight without getting pissed or upset about anything. With this attitude I was able to climb and make it up rather than just playing the way I usually would.

By the way in an unrelated note I bought an Okhotnik right after I ranked out and adore her. VERY fun ship. I think I like her more than my Gremy but unsure.

Sethanas #1789 Posted 23 March 2017 - 10:28 AM

Warrant Officer

• Members

View PostAduial, on 22 March 2017 - 07:06 AM, said:

If AA was all that weak, wouldn't it make more sense to maybe, you know, increase AA? Going from "AA is too weak" to "manual drops should be removed" is completely illogical. 

They could just adjust the spread of the manual drops, I think that people need to learn to manual drop BEFORE they start running into the massively up-tiered AA that you find against tier 7s and 8s. I agree that the change seems very near sighted, but that seems to be the theme for 0.6.3.

On a side note, this thread is getting pretty hard to load on my laptop, (Core i5 4GB ram and 128gb SSD) I think something needs to be done about that, another couple of months and some people may not be able to load the thing at all....

Aduial #1790 Posted 23 March 2017 - 10:51 AM

Rear Admiral

• Members

View PostSethanas, on 23 March 2017 - 02:28 AM, said:

They could just adjust the spread of the manual drops, I think that people need to learn to manual drop BEFORE they start running into the massively up-tiered AA that you find against tier 7s and 8s. I agree that the change seems very near sighted, but that seems to be the theme for 0.6.3.

My suggestion is to increase lower tier AA and buff the hangar capacity of T4-5 carriers (so they don't run out of planes too easily). IMO, that's is a much better solution than just arbitrarily deciding to remove a whole set of mechanics from a just two tiers. But hey, that would be logical, right? 

Honestly, this reminds me of the time AP was removed from tier 1 ships. 

My terrible stats:

Aduial's commander build recommendations (post 0.6.0)               Remove Detonations from Ranked battles                 Rebalancing Aircraft Loadouts          Repair Party for Tier 8 Cruisers?           Strafing:           Suggestion about carrier MM          

Lert #1791 Posted 23 March 2017 - 03:51 PM

Admiral

• Supertester
  • In AlfaTesters
    Beta Testers

Pigeon, your opinion on this suggestion?

(Above stats not guaranteed accurate. I'm a supertester and test ships don't always register correctly)

Ship hipster: I liked Alabama before it was cool

CarefreeTongue #1792 Posted 24 March 2017 - 06:35 PM

Warrant Officer

• Members

Can we get an ETA for ship crediting for reaching Ranked 1?
Mah Stets

#T10_EPICENTER_COMPETITIVE_LUL

Pigeon_of_War #1793 Posted 25 March 2017 - 01:09 AM

Assistant Producer

• Developers

View PostTiberius67, on 21 March 2017 - 02:06 PM, said:

Is there a chance the Steven Segal op could be re-run in future for those (like me) who didn't get him in the last one? No entitlement issues, I was pretty down on the game at that time, it was really the Santa boxes and the Convoys ops that re-sparked my interest and have me playing semi-regularly now. There are probably some new players who would like one too, especially if they aspire to be MO drivers.

Figured I'd ask here as I'd get torn apart in General for daring to ask, no doubt.

Welcome back to World of Warships!

Seagall might not be coming back int he new future, but we do have plans for commanders like him  in the future. Stick around and you will see more. :read_fish:

Follow me on Twitter
Find us on Facebook!

Pigeon_of_War #1794 Posted 25 March 2017 - 01:14 AM

Assistant Producer

• Developers

View PostLert, on 23 March 2017 - 07:51 AM, said:

Pigeon, your opinion on this suggestion?

Hey Lert! 

It's an interesting idea, but I guess the issue I can foresee is which part of the smokescreen telling the strike plane to attack. Clearly this is for Tier 4-5 since those will be the only tiers without manual drops, but it seems like it would get into a lot of logical concerns when addressing AI attack vectors. 

Of course, never hurts to throw it up the chain and see how far we can get. 

Follow me on Twitter
Find us on Facebook!

IKU19 #1795 Posted 25 March 2017 - 03:11 AM

Captain

• Beta Testers

View PostPigeon_of_War, on 24 March 2017 - 08:14 PM, said:

a lot of logical concerns when addressing AI attack vectors. 

Speaking of, why does the AI use hacks? :P

In seriousness, the ai always has some... questionable reaction times and decision making when it comes to hunting players and dodging torpedoes.

WarGaming, can I have Kitakami?

Wannabe-captain of NCC-1701-D

50 DKP MINUS

Sethanas #1796 Posted 25 March 2017 - 04:07 AM

Warrant Officer

• Members

It's an interesting idea, but I guess the issue I can foresee is which part of the smokescreen telling the strike plane to attack. Clearly this is for Tier 4-5 since those will be the only tiers without manual drops, but it seems like it would get into a lot of logical concerns when addressing AI attack vectors. 

The ability to drop on their last known location (As if they had stopped there), or directly on an individual smoke puff might be nice.

Lert #1797 Posted 25 March 2017 - 04:10 AM

Admiral

• Supertester
  • In AlfaTesters
    Beta Testers

View PostPigeon_of_War, on 25 March 2017 - 01:14 AM, said:

I envisioned the carrier driver being able to target an individual puff. We know the puffs exist as separate entities by their boundary circles and each puff having its own spawn and despawn timer. Another possibility would be to simply allow a carrier to select a large blob of area inside the boundaries of a smoke screen to attack, like a manual drop but several times larger area.

I also envisioned this to be for all tiers of carriers, though because of its inaccuracy compared to a proper T6+ manual drop, it'd only be a viable option to use during combat for T4 / 5 carriers. T6+ would use the more accurate manual drop.

(Above stats not guaranteed accurate. I'm a supertester and test ships don't always register correctly)

Ship hipster: I liked Alabama before it was cool

WanderingGhost #1798 Posted 25 March 2017 - 10:51 AM

Lieutenant Junior Grade

• Alpha Tester

Hey Lert! 

Of course, never hurts to throw it up the chain and see how far we can get. 

I'll offer another suggestion that might work out a little better/easier. Seeing as their does kinda need to be a line between keeping smoke useful now that invisifire is (thankfully) going away and from being the ultimate hiding spot, is it possible to instead make it that if a ship in smoke is firing that for a CV at least or very briefly shows the ship/a clickable target and auto locks the run on that position to attack. Sorta making it akin to cyclones where the spotting range is almost zero for planes. Make players in smoke weigh the value of staying hidden or just laying continuous fire making it easier for a CV to still target them.

I'll be first to admit I wanna see the change at 4 and 5 applied to all tiers because it's devolved to press alt to win, minimal actual strategy or skill to deal devastating damage or erase planes, and it being removed gives no reason for the other class players to balk about AA getting nerfed to a reasonable level where a lone battleship can't down 50%  or more of a strike force before they even drop ordnance. But that was one of the few things that did need to be worked out, hitting targets in smoke. Only other issue is that yeah, you needed to remove it at the lower tiers cause of lack of AA and clubbers, but yeah, it's gonna cause issues for newbies who are now encountering strafe at tier 6 where AA is a nightmare and CV sniping is even more prevalent, and now have to adapt to someone pressing the alt key to automatically destroy 18, 24, 30 planes.

Aduial #1799 Posted 25 March 2017 - 05:52 PM

Rear Admiral

• Members

View PostWanderingGhost, on 25 March 2017 - 02:51 AM, said:

I'll offer another suggestion that might work out a little better/easier. Seeing as their does kinda need to be a line between keeping smoke useful now that invisifire is (thankfully) going away and from being the ultimate hiding spot, is it possible to instead make it that if a ship in smoke is firing that for a CV at least or very briefly shows the ship/a clickable target and auto locks the run on that position to attack. Sorta making it akin to cyclones where the spotting range is almost zero for planes. Make players in smoke weigh the value of staying hidden or just laying continuous fire making it easier for a CV to still target them.

Why would you even need that? If a ship is firing from inside smoke, you can easily see where they are and bomb them. 

My terrible stats:

Sweet_Vengeance #1800 Posted 25 March 2017 - 06:37 PM

Seaman

• Members

I would love to see some improvements for the minimum system requirements! I have a laptop that I use for school and work with the Intel 6th gen i5 processor. It gets the job done don't get me wrong. I get an average of 30-45fps on medium settings but I would like to get better performance on the same settings if possible.

Also tagged with feedback, ideas, wows

4 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users

Battleship_Kentucky