Feedback and Thoughts Directly to Pigeon_of_War

feedback ideas wows

• Please log in to reply
1978 replies to this topic

Pigeon_of_War #1461 Posted 17 January 2017 - 08:46 PM

Assistant Producer

• Developers

View PostJunkieturtle, on 11 January 2017 - 10:43 PM, said:

How about on your screen when looking at a friendly player, an icon appears when that player is using active consumables like radar, sonar, def AA, etc etc. An option could be present either to turn the icons off entirely, or perhaps just to limit them to the Alternate View.

Or, going in a bit of a different direction, how about some speech hotkeys for when you're going to use a consumable. Could even go as far as not making it a hotkey at all, but rather automatically broadcasting(flashing, audio, etc) to your teammates when you activate a non-personal consumable.

Solid idea! I'll throw it in the Feedback Report

(Main Avatar created by xtcmax)

(Signature avatar created by Kombat_W0MBAT)

Follow me on Twitter
Find us on Facebook!

SeaRaptor00 #1462 Posted 17 January 2017 - 09:05 PM

Lieutenant

• WoWS Wiki Editor
  • Members

I would love to see "ACTIVATING RADAR" appear in chat whenever I pushed my radar button (for example).

Latest World of Warships Wiki Updates -- My Talk page -- My YouTube channel

"Wiki editors do the Lord's work." --Pigeon_of_War @ WGNA

Acolyte of the Church of Hindenburg and Official Scrub of Task Force Apocalypse (Salt Queens)

Gunny614 #1463 Posted 17 January 2017 - 09:24 PM

Seaman

• Members

This is a great idea!  It would certainly improve teamwork with respect to consumables and better utilize the already limited resources.

Lord_Zath #1464 Posted 17 January 2017 - 09:29 PM

Commander

• WoWS Wiki Editor
  • Beta Testers
    Supertester

View PostSeaRaptor00, on 17 January 2017 - 03:05 PM, said:

I would love to see "ACTIVATING RADAR" appear in chat whenever I pushed my radar button (for example).

And maybe the minimap highlights a whole circle of the area for radar (red = radar, blue = hydro)...

mc4nb_2016 #1465 Posted 17 January 2017 - 09:33 PM

Petty Officer

• Beta Testers

Clans? I live in isolation lol :teethhappy:

Skyfaller #1466 Posted 18 January 2017 - 02:34 AM

Ensign

• Beta Testers

Pigeon, once again, as it has been ever since this mound of bovine excrement was inflicted upon the IJN line... WHEN will WG correct this clusterfrakup?

Mogami:

155mm Turret Rotation Rate: 51.43s

HE shell dmg: 2100

ROF: 6/min

Range: 14.25km

New Orleans:

203mm Stock Turret Rotation Rate: 25.71s

203mm Upgrade Stock Turret Rotation Rate: 27.69s

HE shell dmg: 2800

ROF: 4 and 4.3 respectively.

Range: 14.7km

Chapyev:

152mm Stock Turret Rotation Rate: 25s

HE shell dmg: 2200

ROF: 7.5/min

Range: 15.75km

Hipper:

203mm Stock Turret Rotation Rate: 22.5s

HE shell dmg: 2300

ROF: 4.62/min

Range: 16.08km

Why the flying F*** does Mogami 155 get completely screwed in the rotation rate, the ONE thing that literally decides if the guns are useless or useful for something? Even with max capt skill and ship module upgrades the rotation rate is still insanely slower than any of the above mentioned ships.

This is UNACCEPTABLE.

Mogami was nerfed (rightfully) because earlier screw-ups by WG allowed the guns to fire from very long ranges and invisi-fire. All that was FIXED when the AFT/BFT removed the 155mm caliber from its bonuses. Mogami 155 with ~28s Turret Rate Rotation and 15km max range should have been the ship that resulted from that patch & removal of the captain skill bonuses on that ship. There was no reason whatsoever to completely F*** up the ship with a turret rotation rate slower than a rusted battleship main guns!

WHEN WILL THIS horsedung BE FIXED??????

How in the world can WG claim 'balance' when the same tier 8 SOVIET ship has more range, more damage, faster turret rotation rate, RADAR and higher ROF???????

Edited by Skyfaller, 18 January 2017 - 02:36 AM.

-=Team Water=-

GFischer #1467 Posted 18 January 2017 - 06:22 AM

Chief Petty Officer

• Members

View PostSkyfaller, on 17 January 2017 - 11:34 PM, said:

Pigeon, once again, as it has been ever since this mound of bovine excrement was inflicted upon the IJN line... WHEN will WG correct this clusterfrakup?

Mogami:

155mm Turret Rotation Rate: 51.43s

HE shell dmg: 2100

ROF: 6/min

Range: 14.25km

New Orleans:

203mm Stock Turret Rotation Rate: 25.71s

203mm Upgrade Stock Turret Rotation Rate: 27.69s

HE shell dmg: 2800

ROF: 4 and 4.3 respectively.

Range: 14.7km

Chapyev:

152mm Stock Turret Rotation Rate: 25s

HE shell dmg: 2200

ROF: 7.5/min

Range: 15.75km

Hipper:

203mm Stock Turret Rotation Rate: 22.5s

HE shell dmg: 2300

ROF: 4.62/min

Range: 16.08km

Why the flying F*** does Mogami 155 get completely screwed in the rotation rate, the ONE thing that literally decides if the guns are useless or useful for something? Even with max capt skill and ship module upgrades the rotation rate is still insanely slower than any of the above mentioned ships.

This is UNACCEPTABLE.

Mogami was nerfed (rightfully) because earlier screw-ups by WG allowed the guns to fire from very long ranges and invisi-fire. All that was FIXED when the AFT/BFT removed the 155mm caliber from its bonuses. Mogami 155 with ~28s Turret Rate Rotation and 15km max range should have been the ship that resulted from that patch & removal of the captain skill bonuses on that ship. There was no reason whatsoever to completely F*** up the ship with a turret rotation rate slower than a rusted battleship main guns!

WHEN WILL THIS horsedung BE FIXED??????

How in the world can WG claim 'balance' when the same tier 8 SOVIET ship has more range, more damage, faster turret rotation rate, RADAR and higher ROF???????

Second this, Mogami 155mm is more fun and competitive than 203mm even now. 

155mm rotation speed should be less than 30s

203mm should have a little more range.

And please FIX the concealment from Stock to Top hull. If i want to be stealthier why i should use the stock one? Keep the concealment values for all the hulls.

Edited by GFischer, 18 January 2017 - 06:32 AM.

El_Judarino #1468 Posted 18 January 2017 - 04:34 PM

Lieutenant

• Beta Testers

View PostSkyfaller, on 17 January 2017 - 09:34 PM, said:

Don't forget, that same Soviet ship can (with the right build) stealth fire for about a 2 km window, yanno the same thing that was so hated about Mogami.

With the higher RoF and slightly better damage it probably makes up for the DPM loss of having one less turret. And whilst Mog gets 10 km torps, Chappy gets really good AA (best in class/tier? I forget) and that hilarious DD exposing radar. 

aethervox #1469 Posted 18 January 2017 - 05:33 PM

Lieutenant Commander

• Alpha Tester

In regard to the new Cpt Skills, I found it that I mostly chose skills close to what I had before.

It appears that the older skills, in general, are still the most valuable.

I did find some new skills that are ship class specific (even somewhat tier level specific) that will help.

Overall, if the old skill tree was rated '50%' then the new skill tree is, imho, '55%' (a decent 10% improvement, perhaps).

ShadowRubino #1470 Posted 18 January 2017 - 05:56 PM

Petty Officer

• Members

Hey Pigeon, listen, my man.

Two things, 1, what do you think the KV-2 of Warships is?

And 2, can we have HMS Marshal Ney?

Hello, People of the Internet! And welcome to Desu Gaming.

~Memeaboo Desu

Behold, My Stats! Lay Thine Eyes Upon Them, And see that they are Sh!t

Lord_Magus #1471 Posted 18 January 2017 - 07:08 PM

Lieutenant Junior Grade

• Members

View PostGFischer, on 18 January 2017 - 01:22 AM, said:

Second this, Mogami 155mm is more fun and competitive than 203mm even now. 

155mm rotation speed should be less than 30s

203mm should have a little more range.

And please FIX the concealment from Stock to Top hull. If i want to be stealthier why i should use the stock one? Keep the concealment values for all the hulls.

Yes, it's completely [redacted] that detection bloom is based on on the hull rather than the gun, which seemingly is the case only for Mogami.

jkirschy #1472 Posted 18 January 2017 - 07:56 PM

Warrant Officer

• Members

Pigeon, I said this on the .6.0 feedback thread, but I'm going to say it here too. For a DD driver, the new 1 point skills are completely worthless. I wouldn't have taken any of them if I didn't have to in order to get to the 2 point skills. And for a cruiser and BB captain its not really any better. Frankly whoever came up with them deserves a trip to the woodshed in my opinion. You guys said you wanted to give us more relevant choices in how we spec out our commanders, but this didn't do it. At least for DDs.

I told you last year that there were patches that had managed to piss me off and made me close my wallet. This is one of those. Which is sad, because aside from the skill tree changes it looked like a decent patch.

Pigeon_of_War #1473 Posted 18 January 2017 - 08:08 PM

Assistant Producer

• Developers

View Postjkirschy, on 18 January 2017 - 11:56 AM, said:

Pigeon, I said this on the .6.0 feedback thread, but I'm going to say it here too. For a DD driver, the new 1 point skills are completely worthless. I wouldn't have taken any of them if I didn't have to in order to get to the 2 point skills. And for a cruiser and BB captain its not really any better. Frankly whoever came up with them deserves a trip to the woodshed in my opinion. You guys said you wanted to give us more relevant choices in how we spec out our commanders, but this didn't do it. At least for DDs.

I told you last year that there were patches that had managed to piss me off and made me close my wallet. This is one of those. Which is sad, because aside from the skill tree changes it looked like a decent patch.

-Preventative Maintenance

-Priority Target

Both are perfectly fine skills, with IMHO Preventative Maintenance being the best option for a DD. I gladly accept that you may disagree with me, but most players find an increase in module hit-pools a worthy Tier 1 skill addition. 

Follow me on Twitter
Find us on Facebook!

Skyfaller #1474 Posted 18 January 2017 - 08:30 PM

Ensign

• Beta Testers

Why would I take preventative maint. on a DD when last stand takes care of it? A 30% chance of something not popping only means the next shell that hits you will knock everything out anyways.

Also, if WG has not noticed, the fire chance is out of control. Even with the -fire skill and the -fire module on a ship a BB will be lit on triple fires and burn to the ground by a single DD just like it did many patches ago. I already quit bothering trying to play BB because of this idiocy.

...and of course, you can abuse and exploit this. You see cruisers spamming HE until the BB is on triple fires and used up its repair and light them up again...all this in just a few salvos from max range... and then they stealth up and leave, knowing the BB will burn to the ground in less than a minute.

...also, the 'use doubloons to remove installed module upgrade' is once again the default option. Its like WG rolled back most of the little fixes from many patches ago. I lost 25 doubloons because this stupid thing went back to doubloon cost rather than sell the upgrade.

Finally, FIX mogami 155s please. So tired of this garbage.

Edited by Skyfaller, 18 January 2017 - 08:31 PM.

-=Team Water=-

Pigeon_of_War #1475 Posted 18 January 2017 - 09:18 PM

Assistant Producer

• Developers

View PostShadowRubino, on 18 January 2017 - 09:56 AM, said:

Hey Pigeon, listen, my man.

Two things, 1, what do you think the KV-2 of Warships is?

And 2, can we have HMS Marshal Ney?

1.Molotov: Powerful guns, nothing for side armor.

2. Maybe? I dunno? It's a "unique" ship

Follow me on Twitter
Find us on Facebook!

WanderingGhost #1476 Posted 18 January 2017 - 09:38 PM

Lieutenant Junior Grade

• Alpha Tester

View PostPigeon_of_War, on 18 January 2017 - 03:08 PM, said:

-Priority Target

Both are perfectly fine skills, with IMHO Preventative Maintenance being the best option for a DD. I gladly accept that you may disagree with me, but most players find an increase in module hit-pools a worthy Tier 1 skill addition. 

Honestly, regardless of my class, Priority target is pointless. Great, I know how many ships have their gun pointed at me and are shooting me when I get obliterated. Otherwise, if I'm spotted, I already assume that every enemy ship that can is targeting me so it'd change nothing. Preventive Maintenance, given basically every other skill at that tier is a CV skill, PT, or just as "don't really have need or use for it", it's a default skill on DD, BB, and CA/CL because it's arguably the only real choice. And okay, 30% increase I take it in hitpoint pool? Just how effective really is it when a BB blasts your DD or cruiser with HE at point blank? or a BB uses AP rounds? Considering I run the mod on BB's and the like to keep my guns operational and they were still getting knocked out, I find it's worth, at best, dubious.

More importantly you have REALLY screwed up CV's.

That 50% ammo increase on the fighter mod along with the 10% added to DFE? yeah, now you can use strafe to auto delete enemy planes FIVE TIMES on a Saipan - with one fighter group. Not to mention fighters loitering for an eternity now that they don't really run out of ammo all that often. So you've further broken the already broken nature of strafing (to hell with "skill" or "aim" - that I can auto delete squadrons PLURAL, by pressing a button is stupid, has been since you people added it).It also further breaks the fact of USN AS slaughtering all other set ups aircraft, and now having the ammo to keep their planes up near indefinitely, especially when THEY CAMP OUTSIDE THE CV'S AA. And the balance that let USN strike or upper tier mix have a chance against IJN now that they have a ton more ammo too.

The Air Superiority skill is now even more mandatory than it used to be - great to have so many options with which to build my CV.

Emergency Takeoff borderlines on non factor. Only ships with a rapid rearm rate (Saipan, IJN) can really make use of it if at all over just having repairs, unless you get lit on fire right after using it and have the planes ready to launch already, and at that point your likely screwed anyway.

Expert Rear Gunner is the only real tier 2 choice for a CV - it is NOWHERE near worth 2 points. You want to keep this a 2 point skill, it needs a significant buff. It was barely worth 1.

BFT - first off, by moving it to tier 3, you've made it that much harder for CV players to acquire, and considering strike loadouts and other fighters, CV's, especially ones that DON'T get DF consumable, have to seriously rely on AA to avoid carrier sniping, cause that's a thing. So they have that much more an issue vs other carriers, not to mention lowering their defenses against other ships that get close because while you wait on the rearm, launch, and travel, of your attack force, you may want the secondaries to open up on the enemy ship, which is usually a DD. However, despite moving it to tier 3 because you buffed THE LEAST NEEDED ASPECT THAT NEEDED A BUFF, you've screwed carriers over by buffing AA, again, when it needs NERFING not buffing.Either make it a 2 point skill and back to 10% and 10%, a 1 point skill that only buffs the secondary guns or/and DP guns, or a 3 point skill that adds 10% to AA and 20% to secondary armaments.

Evasive Maneuvers - again, near pointless as is due to losses sustained going in for the attack, and still taking losses because they are that much slower getting out of AA, and that much more susceptible to fighters because they take that much longer to get back to the ship or friendly AA. Fighters that now have WAY more ammo to use to burn hem down because of the DFE and fighter module changes.

And lets not forget everyone's favorite new skill, Radio Location, which aside from detecting ships across the damn map is accurate enough that as the last ship, trying to survive and maybe take a ship out to win, at least one person had the skill, which located me, and I saw their entire team head for me, so trying to just stay hidden and alive is no longer a viable tactic to win, one CV's frequently employ as they are usually last ship standing, because whatever is left of their team just needs one guy with it to hunt you down and likely run you down.

Every thing you added or changed that remotely relates to CV's either A: breaks the already broken balance, B: has too many, or too severe drawbacks to really be effective, C: out right nerfs CV's or D: makes little or no worth while difference as a skill.

Seriously, I got into this game because I wanted to play CV's, it's my thing, it's why I'm passionate about adding full lines not just premiums to Germany, Russia, Italy and France because they have the materials to so. And your really just pushing to a point I want to post threads in bright, all caps text every couple hours "REMOVE CV'S FROM THE GAME" because more and more I doubt your companies ability to actually balance these ships or maintain a shred of historical accuracy to performance for the sake of "national flavour" - Sure IJN planes were notoriously under armoured but when against pilots of equal skill were just as good because they could dodge and not be in front of the guns in the first place. The lol stomp that is one USN group vs one IJN group in the open ocean should not exist, historically or game balance wise and goes into the need for a all out rebalance that includes reworking the loadouts on BOTH sides. Because the ship class that supplanted Battleships, while it should not be the all powerful nightmare, should not be the joke that it is especially when bottom tiered.

And I'm sorry, but on this subject, I'm at that point where I'm gonna twist a line from Batman Forever - Patience, Hell, I just want them fixed and balanced. 2 years. 1 full year and change of live release. And it took A YEAR for you to put historically accurate, or close to it, aircraft on carriers, with rare exception of upgraded aircraft, as opposed to massive down graded ones that were biplanes against mid-late warship variants and AA. Something you could have easily fixed by renaming models and skins. All the nerfs and additions of game breaking elements like strafing and manual drop, and that's before the game went live. "CV players have much to look forward to in 2016" - yeah, finally getting the right bloody aircraft and what little "buff" it gave being canceled out by the AA buffs that happened with it. Along with a series of Buffs to AA and nerfs to CV's and the release of a blatantly OP CV that requires anyone that plays tier 7 to have a specific set up to counter it or be obliterated by tier 9 aircraft AT TIER SEVEN not to mention the effect of TIER NINE DIVE BOMBERS AGAINST TIER FIVES. And inexplicably putting the most OP carrier in the game on sale in the tech tree. Oh, and lets not forget the ONE buff that wasn't canceled out, you gave USN fighters, including Saipan's, MORE AMMO, that they did not need, and did not even want for because if anyone read the copious amounts of threads, feedback, etc, they'd see that USN needs to not be so over specialized because it breaks things for em both ways and leaves them defenseless with offense or king of the skies with no offense and against IJN it DOES NOT WORK. And the first thing you do in 2017 is this patch, which overall is a nerf and further breaking of the class?

We don't need UK CV's right now, we don't need a half baked premium GZ that is either overpowered at tier 6, under-powered at tier 7 and drastically so at 8, or is completely unhistorical in order to fit at tier 7 or 8, we need you to fix the two bloody lines of CV's we currently have in game.

Remove maual drops and nerf torpedo damage as much as 50% if you want while nerfing AA SIGNIFICANTLY and any BB, cruiser, or DD player that balks about TB's needs to get better at the game, sorry, simple fact at that point because regular drops are pretty easy to limit damage/out right dodge. Get rid of strafing or rework as a group debuff to accuracy with NO increase in damage, just a pure debuff. make fighters equal but different while removing that stupid lock, giving IJN more fragile planes that have higher damage but less ammo, making for a preference to hit and run against USN that has more ammo, less damage, higher durability that has endurance to stay aloft longer. And it works historically because most of the USN fighters if not all at high tiers still had the .50 option over the 20 mm cannons because they were hesitant to switch. Increase the defense ability of bombers (hell some of these were used as fighters in a pinch) against fighters. Extend the secondary/DP guns range a bit, especially on AA side to try and drive off campers but in their anti-ship role as well for a little more defense. Rework loadouts so they are a bit fairer to both sides especially with fighter changes.

Just with that, you fix the issues of aircraft attrition rate, USN vs IJN balance, balance between CV's and other classes, and drop the learning curve so that new players can pick up CV's as a class. If it takes 6 months to a year to program that, fine, I at least know in that time frame I'll be able to CONSISTENTLY enjoy carriers, not just as top tier with little - nothing in the way of substantial AA to counter my planes.

kerensky914 #1477 Posted 18 January 2017 - 09:45 PM

Lieutenant Commander

• Supertester

View PostWanderingGhost, on 18 January 2017 - 03:38 PM, said:

And lets not forget everyone's favorite new skill, Radio Location, which aside from detecting ships across the damn map is accurate enough that as the last ship, trying to survive and maybe take a ship out to win, at least one person had the skill, which located me, and I saw their entire team head for me, so trying to just stay hidden and alive is no longer a viable tactic to win, one CV's frequently employ as they are usually last ship standing, because whatever is left of their team just needs one guy with it to hunt you down and likely run you down.

Except that RPF specifically does not work on CVs at all.

"it is a tale, told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing." - MacBeth, who was obviously talking about the forums...

"Doctors can always bury their mistakes.  Architects can only advise their client to plant vines." - Frank Lloyd Wright

jkirschy #1478 Posted 18 January 2017 - 10:12 PM

Warrant Officer

• Members

View PostPigeon_of_War, on 18 January 2017 - 08:08 PM, said:

-Priority Target

Preventive maintenance is useless because I'm going to automatically take the 2 point skill last stand to keep my engines and steering going even if hit so I can either get the hell out of dodge when I start taking fire or finish my torp run and take whoever is shooting at my ship with me. As for the rest of the modules... If I take enough hits in a DD that my torps and guns are knocked out, I can't run away, and I don't have damage control available I'm dead anyway. A 30% reduction in the chance of that only means its going to take an extra shell or two to accomplish. Basically the only reason I even bothered taking preventive maintenance is that I had to pick something and its the best choice out of a bunch of choices that are complete and utter crap.

Priority target tells me nothing that I don't already know because I'm not a complete and utter moron, that being that if I'm spotted people are aiming enough guns at me to put my wee little DD is in a world of hurt so I better balance on the razor's edge perfectly if I want to survive long enough to launch my attack, hopefully kill something, and disengage. So its a complete and utter waste of a skill-point.

As for the bit about most people finding preventive maintenance an acceptable 1 point skill... If you're basing that off the results from the patch test server, then I would put forward the obvious counter that most of the people picked it for the exact same reason I did when the new skill tree went live. That being that you have to pick something in order to get to captain skills that aren't utter and complete crap, and of the complete and utter crap choices you've given them, that's the best option. That doesn't mean its not completely useless and utter crap. It just means its the best of the crap you let them chose from for the 1 point skill. A better way of framing the question would be to do a survey and ask the DD players if they would rather have the old basic firing training, basics of survivability, preventive maintenance, or priority target as their tier 1 skill. But then I think we both know how that poll would come out which is why Wargaming won't ask that question.

Oh and before I forget, please convey my comment to the devs in St. Petersburg next time you pass things along. Along with the comment that I do hope that management takes them to the woodshed over this patch.

View PostSkyfaller, on 18 January 2017 - 08:30 PM, said:

Why would I take preventative maint. on a DD when last stand takes care of it? A 30% chance of something not popping only means the next shell that hits you will knock everything out anyways.

Exactly.

View PostWanderingGhost, on 18 January 2017 - 09:38 PM, said:

Honestly, regardless of my class, Priority target is pointless. Great, I know how many ships have their gun pointed at me and are shooting me when I get obliterated. Otherwise, if I'm spotted, I already assume that every enemy ship that can is targeting me so it'd change nothing. Preventive Maintenance, given basically every other skill at that tier is a CV skill, PT, or just as "don't really have need or use for it", it's a default skill on DD, BB, and CA/CL because it's arguably the only real choice. And okay, 30% increase I take it in hitpoint pool? Just how effective really is it when a BB blasts your DD or cruiser with HE at point blank? or a BB uses AP rounds? Considering I run the mod on BB's and the like to keep my guns operational and they were still getting knocked out, I find it's worth, at best, dubious.

Quoted for truth and agreement.

WanderingGhost #1479 Posted 18 January 2017 - 10:29 PM

Lieutenant Junior Grade

• Alpha Tester

View Postkerensky914, on 18 January 2017 - 04:45 PM, said:

Except that RPF specifically does not work on CVs at all.

And you've misread what I wrote, because it works AGAINST CV's, but CV's can't use it. I was in a CV, I was detected, meaning a BB, a Cruiser, A DD can use it to find a hiding CV, or any other ship for that matter, While a CV can not use it all and must rely on it's planes which doesn't change the over all point of what I said, if your the last ship alive, and a lot of times the CV is that ship, your screwed if any opponent has it because they are going to turn right toward you.

Pigeon_of_War #1480 Posted 18 January 2017 - 10:38 PM

Assistant Producer

• Developers

View Postjkirschy, on 18 January 2017 - 02:12 PM, said:

Oh and before I forget, please convey my comment to the devs in St. Petersburg next time you pass things along. Along with the comment that I do hope that management takes them to the woodshed over this patch.

Saying I should delivery things to the devs while also saying management should "take them to the woodshed".

Can't help but think this is an ineffective way to deliver feedback. More constructive comments are appreciated. 

Follow me on Twitter
Find us on Facebook!

Also tagged with feedback, ideas, wows

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users