Feedback and Thoughts Directly to Pigeon_of_War

feedback ideas wows

• Please log in to reply
1978 replies to this topic

Pigeon_of_War #1 Posted 02 June 2016 - 10:57 PM

Assistant Producer

• Developers

Have an idea to improve the game?

Got a favorite ship you would love to see in the game?

Upcoming event you think we might benefit giving attention to?

No such thing as bad ideas, just keep 'em classy!

(Main Avatar created by xtcmax)

(Signature avatar created by Kombat_W0MBAT)

Follow me on Twitter
Find us on Facebook!

Lord_Zath #2 Posted 02 June 2016 - 11:07 PM

Commander

• WoWS Wiki Editor
  • Beta Testers
    Supertester

Pigeon, we could REALLY use some clarification on the whole Season 4 of Ranked and the reward ship that has been announced.  Would you mind checking out Niko's announcement thread and posting some answers?  Or, if you are unready for this, please post something soon, as people are getting very nervous (myself included) about how things are going to work.  http://forum.worldof...63-718/#topmost

Also, any chance you guys can stop doing Arpeggio collaborations and Ranked seasons at the same time?  I'm about to be out of town for three weeks, and I honestly don't know if I'll have enough time to do both of these events by their end dates, which is seriously getting me down...  I really appreciate both are back - and the rewards for Ranked are great.  But...  why force us to divide our time so much with two major events after three months of no major events?!

Otherwise, WG and WGNA, and especially NikoPower are all doing a wonderful job.  Also, I'd like to thank you for reaching out to the forums and being willing to listen and respond.  I really appreciate how open everyone is - Niko, Boyarsky, Q...  it's really nice to see so many WG employees posting and participating with the community.  Please keep up the great work!!!  

Edited by Lord_Zath, 02 June 2016 - 11:09 PM.

INoCU #3 Posted 02 June 2016 - 11:15 PM

Ensign

• Members

Similar to what Lord_Zath said, we are feeling a little bit of event overload. At the very least, will you guys consider allowing some missions to be completed in ranked battles?  I was hoping that the missions that don't require a significant change in play style to complete like damage, ribbons, and plane kills could also be completed in ranked. Missions like fire, kills (specific class kills), and any other thing that require specifics which would require a play style shift would still be restricted to random battles. 

I heard that last time around there were concerns that people would put missions ahead of winning in ranked if the missions were allowed to be completed in ranked. Hopefully some sort of compromise could be made to help people with limited time to complete both ranked and the new set of missions. 

Stats

BelgaraththeSorcerer #4 Posted 02 June 2016 - 11:21 PM

Lieutenant Commander

• Members

What Zath and INoCU said while I was typing up the same thing....

Fedge_123 #5 Posted 02 June 2016 - 11:23 PM

Warrant Officer

• Members

Nice that you are here and have this thread!

Now that you mention it, there is a ship I'd like to see in the game - the Japanese cruiser Haguro.

Wikepedia info here

It's a Myōkō class cruiser and isn't very different from the ship of the same name, but it would be nice to include it in WoWs as a prize or sister-ship.  It has an illustrious history and has the distinction of being the last Japanese ship sunk in battle during the war.

I also have a personal reason - my wife's best-friend's uncle died on this ship at age 21.  Every year the family pays respects at the shrine in Sasebo.  I promised them I would make the request, so here it is.

Thank you for your consideration.

Edited by Fedge_123, 02 June 2016 - 11:26 PM.

TenguBlade #6 Posted 02 June 2016 - 11:31 PM

Vice Admiral

• Members

View PostFedge_123, on 02 June 2016 - 06:23 PM, said:

Nice that you are here and have this thread!

Now that you mention it, there is a ship I'd like to see in the game - the Japanese cruiser Haguro.

Wikepedia info here

It's a Myōkō class cruiser and isn't very different from the ship of the same name, but it would be nice to include it in WoWs as a prize or sister-ship.  It has an illustrious history and has the distinction of being the last Japanese ship sunk in battle during the war.

I also have a personal reason - my wife's best-friend's uncle died on this ship at age 21.  Every year the family pays respects at the shrine in Sasebo.  I promised them I would make the request, so here it is.

Thank you for your consideration.

I think Haguro is slated to be the next ARP cruiser to debut.  Her model is in-game aready.

Don't know if you have a dark sense of humor?  If you laugh at this, you do.

IJN: Yamato, Amagi, Ibuki, Mogami, Shokaku, Hiryu, Akatsuki, Shiratsuyu, Kamikaze R, Katori, MikasaKongō, Myōkō, Kirishima, Haruna, Hiei, Ashigara, Nachi, Haguro, TakaoSouthern Dragon

USN: Montana, Iowa, New Mexico, New Orleans, Pensacola, Cleveland, Langley/Bogue, Farragut

European Navies: Gnevny, Shchors, Nürnberg/Yorck, Bayern, Fiji, Blyskawica (Gift from Compassghost), Scharnhorst (First and only bought), Admiral Graf Spee

Adm_Leo_von_Caprivi #7 Posted 02 June 2016 - 11:32 PM

Petty Officer

• Members

Kaiser class for German BB, anyone?

...maybe the SMS Friedrich der Grosse? ;)

Edited by Adm_Leo_von_Caprivi, 02 June 2016 - 11:32 PM.

Admiral Leo von Caprivi

Chef der Kaiserlichen Marine

WoWs CBT - Abyssal_Flagship aka Flagship_Nagato aka Battleship_Nagato

S.M.S. Friedrich der Grosse, Flaggschiff der Hochseeflotte, Kaiser-class Dreadnought Battleship, Kaiserliche Marine

ZuikakuKaiNi #8 Posted 02 June 2016 - 11:33 PM

Warrant Officer

• WoWS Wiki Editor

Would like to see another event like Project R, maybe GNB that EU server got and if possible, maybe announcements before a premium shop is sold.

python_vs_ruby #9 Posted 02 June 2016 - 11:37 PM

Warrant Officer

• Members

View PostAdm_Leo_von_Caprivi, on 02 June 2016 - 11:32 PM, said:

Kaiser class for German BB, anyone?

...maybe the SMS Friedrich der Grosse? ;)

They already announced Kaiser. I don't remember exactly where it is, but it's in here. "Most notably, Kaiser, -----, and -------. At the top of the treee will be ------ ------."https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ERqPqBqVQ4

Ships in port
All ships researched/earned

RagingArmadillo #10 Posted 03 June 2016 - 12:01 AM

Chief Petty Officer

• Members

Graf Spee. 

That is all.

If you can't be a badass murder-commando-ninja-beast, at least be funny. 

Fog_Cruiser_Yuubari #11 Posted 03 June 2016 - 12:14 AM

Lieutenant Junior Grade

• Alpha Tester
  • In AlfaTesters

HMCS Haida for first RCN ship? :3

My Long List of Ships

-FOG Head of Training- | -Laurier Golden Hawk-

Fedge_123 #12 Posted 03 June 2016 - 12:17 AM

Warrant Officer

• Members

View PostTenguBlade, on 02 June 2016 - 06:31 PM, said:

I think Haguro is slated to be the next ARP cruiser to debut.  Her model is in-game aready.

If it is, that's great news, thanks!

Memo_collector #13 Posted 03 June 2016 - 12:46 AM

Chief Petty Officer

• Beta Testers

1. Here's my suggestion on how a more accurate modelling of armour penetration may improve gameplay: http://forum.worldof...he-game-part-2/

2. Recent additions/changes to game mechanics clearly seem to have been designed to promote teamwork.  However, individual skirmishes have become more one-sided than ever before as a result.  EX:

- CA with radar vs DD: The best DD can do is to avoid the CA with radar altogether and hope his teammates take care of the problem for him

- CV vs surface ships: With the nerfs to short range AA and buff to plane maneuverability, Individuals can no longer outplay a CV player.  Either you have strong enough AA to melt planes before they even approach your ship or your AA is completely worthless when alone.  On the other hand, the stronger long range AA has made grouping up more effective than ever before.  The net result is that a CV becomes more or less useless when the enemy groups up, yet a lone ship (with a few notable exceptions) is more helpless to a CV attack than before the AA overhaul.

- DD vs BB: With BB rudder shift nerf, flooding damage buff, DD survivability buff, and torpedo buff, a DD has more advantages over a BB than ever before. 

These are not game balance concerns per se.  However, I fear that this type of gameplay adjustments negatively affect player agency - There is no way for Rock to win against Paper so the correct way to play Rock becomes more and more about not getting into a situation where it faces Paper, rather than trying to outplay Paper with a disadvantage.  How do developers feel about lack of player agency - Do they agree that players have become more dependent on their teammates for success as a result of changes that have been implemented?  Do they think this is a valid concern?

DarthDoge #14 Posted 03 June 2016 - 01:06 AM

Captain

• Members

I do say, the addition of German Battleships up to the H-42 would be quite fine. The H-43 an H-44 however, have too big guns. H-42 would quite nicely knock the Yamato down a few pegs (H-42 has 18.9" Guns)

Therefore, if the Tirpitz is Tier 8 we can then assume that the H-42 will be Tier 9 and the H-42 will be tier 10.

I would love to see the German Battleship line something like this:

<Tier 7 Class preceding Bismarck> <Tier 8 Bismarck> <Tier 9 H-41> <Tier 10 H-42>

Of course this will be in the far future, but I just wanted to share this. The Great Yamato must be dethroned as the AP Queen.

devastator5000 #15 Posted 03 June 2016 - 01:44 AM

Lieutenant

• Members

View PostPigeon_of_War, on 02 June 2016 - 05:57 PM, said:

Got a favorite ship you would love to see in the game?

ARP Takao! well not really just want the ship, even if its just like a camo or somthing.

Really though the Northampton class would be amazing I want it for some reason I just kinda like the ship

Something I found on the SEA server website

devastator5000 #16 Posted 03 June 2016 - 01:46 AM

Lieutenant

• Members

View PostDarthDoge, on 02 June 2016 - 08:06 PM, said:

The H-43 an H-44 however, have too big guns

Don't lie you want 20 inch guns

Something I found on the SEA server website

GearzMan #17 Posted 03 June 2016 - 01:48 AM

Warrant Officer

• Supertester
  • In AlfaTesters

Richelieu class Jean Bart as a premium, pls.

MDTJ #18 Posted 03 June 2016 - 02:12 AM

Chief Petty Officer

• Beta Testers

Welcome. Thanks for posting and soliciting feedback. I'm sure you'll be overloaded soonT​M if not already. 

My best input would be more clarity and planning coordination on events, premiums, patch announcements and notes. The forum/playerbase typically responds better the more information that's thrown at us up front as opposed to that gray area we seem to get stuck filling in which can insight many of the loose cannons out to stir things up (IE the topic several posters have mentioned above in reference to the lack of clarity on ranked, same issue has occurred before).

I will say I have noticed a push by Wargaming NA lately to make improvements and it has been working. Keep pounding and let me know if I can help.

-Keepers: (X) Montana / (X) Zao / (VIII) North Carolina ​/ (VIII) Mogami ​/ (VIII) New Orleans / (VIII) Benson / (VII) Nagato / (VI) New Mexico / (VI) Aoba / (VI) Farragut / (VI) Leander / (V) Konig / (III) St. Louis / (III) Derzki 

-WIP: (IX) Baltimore / (IX) Fletcher / (VIII) Kagero / (VIII) Admiral Hipper​ (VIII) Amagi ​/ (VIII) Bismarck / (VII) Fiji / (VII) Shiratsuyu / (VI) Gnevny / (VI) Independence / (VI) Budyonny 

​-Gifts/Prizes: (VII) Blyskawica /(VI) Warspite / (VI) Admiral Graf Spee / (VI) Shinonome / (V) Marblehead / (IV) Arkansas Beta / (III) Aurora / (III) Katori / (II) Albany(II) Emden / (II) Mikasa

-Premium: (IX) Missouri / (VII) Sims ​/ ​(VII) Scharnhorst ​/ ​(VI) Molotov / (VI) Arizona / (V) Kamikaze / (III) Konig Albert

Pigeon_of_War #19 Posted 03 June 2016 - 03:38 AM

Assistant Producer

• Developers

View PostLord_Zath, on 02 June 2016 - 03:07 PM, said:

Pigeon, we could REALLY use some clarification on the whole Season 4 of Ranked and the reward ship that has been announced.  Would you mind checking out Niko's announcement thread and posting some answers?  Or, if you are unready for this, please post something soon, as people are getting very nervous (myself included) about how things are going to work.  http://forum.worldof...63-718/#topmost

Also, any chance you guys can stop doing Arpeggio collaborations and Ranked seasons at the same time?  I'm about to be out of town for three weeks, and I honestly don't know if I'll have enough time to do both of these events by their end dates, which is seriously getting me down...  I really appreciate both are back - and the rewards for Ranked are great.  But...  why force us to divide our time so much with two major events after three months of no major events?!

Otherwise, WG and WGNA, and especially NikoPower are all doing a wonderful job.  Also, I'd like to thank you for reaching out to the forums and being willing to listen and respond.  I really appreciate how open everyone is - Niko, Boyarsky, Q...  it's really nice to see so many WG employees posting and participating with the community.  Please keep up the great work!!!  

Though I thought the rues and clarifications for Season 4 were pretty sound, [please direct most of your questions on it in that thread, don't want to create multi-thread confusion or start stepping on things CorgiPower has said. 

As per running multi-events over the course of a month, typically this is to give a couple of different levels of players things to strive for. For instance, not every player plays Ranked battles (many players don't like the intense competition) but every player CAN play the Arpeggio missions in Random battles.

I hope this makes sense?

(Main Avatar created by xtcmax)

(Signature avatar created by Kombat_W0MBAT)

Follow me on Twitter
Find us on Facebook!

Herr_Reitz #20 Posted 03 June 2016 - 03:38 AM

Captain

• Beta Testers

My drum is beating for UI improvements.

Simple things which improve the gameplay interface - like an option to close or remove the chat window when in sniper/zoom mode. 

Option to NOT display the new minimap range numbers when the Alt Interface is on... I want the Alt Interface values but not those range numbers. 

The light, pastel colors used in many places make it almost impossible to read the information. Maybe some color options throughout the UI? 

Font size too :-) another IWBNI things... 

Oh - and one and only one individual who is responsible for ensuring the information coming out of HQ is always there, if at all possible, 24hrs before it hits. Or, at the very least, on the same day it hits. 

OTOH, things have been changing, some good, some meh... keep focusing on improvements as well as enhanced gameplay and mechanics. You'll do well. 

Also tagged with feedback, ideas, wows

10 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 10 guests, 0 anonymous users