Mouse's Guide to Being a Teamkiller

• Please log in to reply
98 replies to this topic

Yorcke #81 Posted 05 December 2016 - 03:31 AM

Chief Petty Officer

• Members

Actually when a CV is pink on my team I have very hard time telling his pink aircraft from the enemy CV's red aircraft

This causes me a lot of confusion in the game when I wonder why my anti-air batteries aren't firing at incoming planes

The two colours are just too similar at a glance

anybody else have this problem?

Taylor3006 #82 Posted 05 December 2016 - 04:04 AM

Warrant Officer

• Members

When I kill a teammate and get pinked, I always have to play 10 or more games to clear the pinkness. This is without causing anymore team damage (very careful when pink, notsomuch when not) but I almost always play PvE. I do believe there is a damage component to helping clear the penalty. If I play random, I can watch the games tick away just fine no problem, only in PvE does it take twice as long to clear. 

Edited by Taylor3006, 05 December 2016 - 04:05 AM.

Bill_Halsey #83 Posted 28 December 2016 - 02:21 PM

Warrant Officer

• Members

Actually there had been a couple of times, I had the urge to torp a carrier who decided it would be nice to dive headlong into a firefight and rammed into me while I was trying to save his butt. Told him I should have torped him for his stupidity.

YukonHunter #84 Posted 29 December 2016 - 03:26 AM

Master Chief Petty Officer

• Beta Testers

Ive been pink a few times. Sometimes its a total cockup, other times its worth it.  That is something WG doesn't like owning up to - sometimes a teammate is more valuable out of the game; and its just a bloody MMO game.

gjflanker #85 Posted 05 February 2017 - 03:54 PM

Chief Petty Officer

• Members

The TK penalty does not go away in the number of games specified.  There is something wrong.  I started with 6 games to play until pink status removed, and I've played 6 games today, without hitting any friendlies, not even running into them, but still am showing 3 games to go until pink status removed.

LittleWhiteMouse #86 Posted 05 February 2017 - 04:54 PM

Captain

• WoWS Community Contributors
  • Members
    Beta Testers

The number of games needed can vary depending on how many infractions you've had.  I strongly recommend taking screenshots of the 4-results screens when you're pink to properly track your progress.

gjflanker #87 Posted 05 February 2017 - 05:53 PM

Chief Petty Officer

• Members

View PostLittleWhiteMouse, on 05 February 2017 - 08:54 AM, said:

The number of games needed can vary depending on how many infractions you've had.  I strongly recommend taking screenshots of the 4-results screens when you're pink to properly track your progress.

I am and I've put in a support ticket.  I'm over 10 games this morning now and still pink with 2 games to go.  Interestingly, I restarted the client, and then the first game I played it went down by one, 3 to 2.  Then I played 2 more games, but no change.  Gonna restart again and see what happens.

Edit: Restarted, played one game and got one less game needed to remove TK status.

Edit: Didn't get the last credit to remove TK status.  Had another ship run into me, but of course I got some penalty too.  Played a second game, didn't get credit.  Restarted again, played a clean game, didn't get credit.  TK penalty removal system is broken.

Edited by gjflanker, 05 February 2017 - 08:13 PM.

Ghostdog1355 #88 Posted 05 February 2017 - 08:23 PM

Ensign

• Members

View PostPanbun, on 26 May 2016 - 07:01 PM, said:

I think pink carriers are adorable. Their aircraft squadrons are also pink!

Haven't seen the pink planes yet! Now you're going to have me looking for them.

"The reason we call ships 'she' is that is costs so much to keep one in paint and powder." - Chester W. Nimitz

~ USS Texas (BB-35) ~

Herr_Reitz #89 Posted 05 February 2017 - 08:49 PM

Captain

• Beta Testers

Mouse... you must have about one of the highest Karma ratings I've seen anywhere... congrats 

diddlyv #90 Posted 05 February 2017 - 10:14 PM

Chief Petty Officer

• Members

Where do you check to see how many more pink games

Sgt_Rattlehead #91 Posted 05 February 2017 - 10:39 PM

• Members

how do you enable replays?

iDuckman #92 Posted 07 February 2017 - 05:55 AM

• Members

View PostYukonHunter, on 28 December 2016 - 09:26 PM, said:

sometimes a teammate is more valuable out of the game;

Yah?  Like when?

Q___________Q #93 Posted 12 February 2017 - 10:19 AM

Seaman

• Members

Phew, thank god ramming damage doesn't really count, I have an unfortunate tendency to run into people when I make m opening dash at the beginning of each hard

iDuckman #94 Posted 12 February 2017 - 01:54 PM

• Members

View Postdiddlyv, on 05 February 2017 - 04:14 PM, said:

Where do you check to see how many more pink games

In your battle summary in Detailed Report under Damage to Teammates there will be a number, hopefully a small number.  If I understand correctly, the initial assessment is 5.  BTW, those are games without causing any damage to teammates.

barkista #95 Posted 16 March 2017 - 08:50 AM

Seaman

• Members

became TK due a Zao hide into my smoke while I fired at Biscmarck. two AP cause 1,456 damage and sunk her. apology to teammate and he accept it.

Didn't turn to TK right away, got penalty after the game. It took me six games to remove it. during these six games, I didn't do any damage to allies. only change one ship to another. somehow, it stop at 2 while I change the ship from Neptune to Donskoi.
two days ago, my teammate sunk me with torpedoes by accident, I took 3, full health gone, 16,000 damage, but he didn't turn to pink at least at game. so how the system decide who is TK and who is not TK?
by the way, I also heard someone became TK because one of low HP ship ram him accidently and got sunk... 

Edited by barkista, 16 March 2017 - 08:51 AM.

WrecktOmWrecker #96 Posted 16 March 2017 - 09:55 AM

Petty Officer

• Members

View PostLittleWhiteMouse, on 26 May 2016 - 06:39 PM, said:

Lert had a little too much fun with my being pink.

If you want to know what ACTUALLY happened, it's from this replay yesterday: Mouse is a dirty, no good, back stabbing, Kharn-emulating, Team Killer.

When I first started playing WOW's I actually sunk one of my own "Division" team mates! This was before I learned of the alternative battle interface! I was so focused on sinking him I got lost in the fog of war, I paid no mind to my friend freaking out on me in the battle chat! It wasn't until after I sank him I realized what I had done... Talk about embarrassing. :ohmy:

Most recently in ranked battles I was trying to save a CV on "North" and engaging a DD who was on his butt! I was looking through my reticle and had him in my sights, but when I fired, instead of hearing my cannons go off I heard the whoosh of torpedo's hitting the water! I zoomed out and looked in horror as the majority of them slammed and exploded into a friendly CA off my port side, destroying him! I felt so bad, I apologized to my whole team for my potato'ness! :( I cost every one the battle, a star, flags, silver, xp, I cost them a lot, and I still feel horrible about it... But it's an example of an honest accident that can happen in the fog of war and battle on WoW's. I bowed out of Ranked Battles for the rest of the season because of that. But I would never, ever intentionally harm a team mate, but if I ever do, I own up to it right away in the battle chat or message them an apology after the game.

I admit that I am guilty of unintentional team killing... But I would never harm or troll another player intentionally out of malice. I do my best to insure that my team mates are out of harms way to the best of my ability before I act. But in war simulator situations with limited visibility, CQB, and long shot torps, no one can ever say for certain that "friendly fire" incidents will never happen again. :honoring:

ZARDOZ_II #97 Posted 18 March 2017 - 08:18 PM

Seaman Recruit

• Members

And yet no one's posted 

evanr1940 #98 Posted 19 March 2017 - 06:13 PM

Seaman

• Members

View PostLittleWhiteMouse, on 05 February 2017 - 08:54 AM, said:

I joined the cast of "operation pettycoat" after returning 12000 worth of damage return fire to a st.louis whom opened fire upon me after spawning in. He kept firing until he got awarded the kill on himself ;)

Just kept playing normally as the countdown went from 6 to "penalty removed".

KevinMitchell #99 Posted 20 March 2017 - 07:37 PM

Seaman Recruit

• Members

Ok... I've had zero damage to allies for several games now and my game count is stuck at 3 does anyone know why this would be?

I'm even playing coop battles so there will be even less change of the accidental brush... i don't understand

Edited by KevinMitchell, 20 March 2017 - 07:42 PM.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users