"The data obtained by the update service is incorrect"
I followed instructions for editing the cfg file, but found that the URL I was asked to change already seems to be correct.
Can you suggest what else might be the problem?
I got some good, new feedback by emailing: firstname.lastname@example.org
For clarification, did you do the following set of instructions after getting the error?:
-Go to the Documents>World_of_Warships folder
-Open the WoWsLauncher.cfg file in TextEdit
-Go to line: <supported_chains>f0</supported_chains>
-Change the f0 to f11.
-Save the changes, then close that file.
Then launch WoWS and that should get the updates going in the launcher.
Let us know how that goes.
This workaround was posted in reply to the forum post on our Codeweavers.com compatibility site specific to WoWS, not the Wargaming forums.
We have sent the fixed build to Wargaming, but there is no known ETA on when they will make it live, thus our workaround for now.
Instead of getting the error, I'm now getting a massive download, so I'm hoping this works again.
Its useful to note that 1) Codweaver's response seems to be prompt and complete when you email them; and 2) there's yet ANOTHER forum that they maintain other than this thread.