WoWS Mac Wrapper Bugs and Feedback Thread

• Please log in to reply
210 replies to this topic

hyunnie #21 Posted 28 June 2016 - 09:14 PM

Seaman Recruit

• Members

After hours playing on the mac.... the game freezes and everything turns orange/yellowish.

djholley #22 Posted 05 July 2016 - 06:45 PM

Seaman

• Members

First off i want to say thank u thank u for bring WOW to Mac - i so love this game

I have tested on both my macs and my imac 2011 12,1 21.5" 2.7ghz i5 Quad Core with the Radeon HD 6770M with 512 MB GDDR5 with 12 gigs of ram the game although not at max graphics works really really well with little or no lag . some features in the training area causes the game to crash out but normal battles in co op and standard matches work nice. 

Second Computer there are more issues but that is probably due to its age then anything

Macbook Pro 13" Mid 2010 7,1 - 2.4ghz Intel Core 2 Dueo (P8600) with 8 gigs of Ram and NVIDIA GeForce 320M 256 MB of DDR3 SDRAM the game only works with lowest graphics and in full screen mode only. there is some lag but not as bad as expected. but there are many graphics glitches as well as some screen errors the ship tree allows you to only see up to tier VII as the rest is blocked off and will not scroll down. In game there is some black voids that go off the screen annoying yes but does not appear to effect game play. I am not sure about lag issues but plays a bit slower compared to the imac.

Both Macs Are running OS X El Capitan 10.11.5

Attached is the were the ship tree is cut off in the Macbook Pro

thanks

Attached Files

• Attached File   Screen Shot 2016-07-05 at 2.29.20 PM copy.jpg   123.56K

Edited by djholley, 05 July 2016 - 06:49 PM.

Capitalist_Pig #23 Posted 06 July 2016 - 12:08 PM

Petty Officer

• Members

Anyone else have the bug where when WOWS and Parallels are open, the parallels screen shrinks and becomes unusable??

sambone_18 #24 Posted 10 July 2016 - 08:34 PM

Seaman Recruit

• Members

in warships, with updating, What is 'cannot continue application'? ...  I cant play at all ... Please help!

Greggieness #25 Posted 11 July 2016 - 01:52 AM

Seaman Recruit

• Members

I'm playing on a Mac Book pro. I see a frequent crash of the client if I've been playing at least into a second game.

It never occurs in the first game. It never occurs when I'm not playing a game. It frequently occurs in the middle of my second or third game.

I've seen this over several updates.

The actual crash behavior takes a couple of different forms, and I haven't seen anything repeatable, other than the constraints I've described above.

Please let me know what other questions you might have to help narrow this down. I'm sure its affecting a lot of people.

-Greg

Swinghammer #26 Posted 14 July 2016 - 09:32 PM

Seaman Recruit

• Members

I sometimes get this distortion. It usually happens when the camera is at a low angle.

Attached Files

• Attached File   screen_distort.jpg   120.06K

Edited by Swinghammer, 14 July 2016 - 09:32 PM.

AlexC6 #27 Posted 21 July 2016 - 06:51 PM

Seaman Recruit

• Members

After months of not playing WoWS i decided to play again and reinstall the game but when i get to updating the game via the launcher, it tells me: The data obtained from the update service is incorrect. (screenshot: http://prntscr.com/bvt1hj) I tried contacting WG support and they refer me here can anyone pls help? this has been going on for 3 days. if anyone needs a log file i will provide one :)

Specs:

MacBook Pro Retina 15" (Early 2015)

OSX 10.10 Yosemite

Intel Core i5 @2.7GHz (Turbo Boost up to 3.3GHz)

256GB

8GB RAM

Sariisa #28 Posted 22 July 2016 - 08:13 PM

Seaman Recruit

• Members

View PostAlexC6, on 21 July 2016 - 06:51 PM, said:

After months of not playing WoWS i decided to play again and reinstall the game but when i get to updating the game via the launcher, it tells me: The data obtained from the update service is incorrect. (screenshot: http://prntscr.com/bvt1hj) I tried contacting WG support and they refer me here can anyone pls help? this has been going on for 3 days. if anyone needs a log file i will provide one :)

I am having the same issue - "The data obtained from the update service is incorrect."  Also referred to this forum by support.  Unable to play either on my desktop or laptop.

Running OS X El Capitan

V10.11.5

Mac Pro

2.8GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon

32 GB RAM

1.38 TB available on hard drive.

Fortunately I have a spare PC I can play on, otherwise I wouldn't have even been able to do post in the thread (requires 10 battles before you can post).

Hopkins9 #29 Posted 23 July 2016 - 02:05 AM

Seaman Recruit

• Members

when i open Wows it closes and a window appears saying "no license found" and "no experience paths found from minor secondary server" any idea what this means

j76nj #30 Posted 26 July 2016 - 07:10 PM

Seaman

• Members

I tried to install WoWS with the Mac Client on my Macbook so that I could play while I travel. I am having some issues and could use some assistance. 

I can download and unpack the file properly from worldofwarships.com. When the launcher loads, it says The data obtained from the update service is incorrect.  Apparently, I'm not the only one with this issue.    Any ideas?

j76nj #31 Posted 27 July 2016 - 02:19 AM

Seaman

• Members

Dstud posted a fix in the Mac wrapper thread for those getting the error.   Fixed.

Capt_Inigo_Montoya #32 Posted 28 July 2016 - 01:44 AM

Seaman Recruit

• Members

FYI: Today I downloaded 0.5.9 and within 30 minutos it crashed 3 times.. freezing the machine. 

It came with a message box "The program WorldOfWarships.exe has encountered a serious problem and needs to close. We are sorry  for the inconvenience. 
The can be cause by a problem in World of Warships, or a deficiency in Wine, the compatibility layer which is being used to run World of Warships. Contact the makers of World of Warships for help." 

On show details is won't show nothing. 

Yamato123270 #33 Posted 28 July 2016 - 07:23 PM

Seaman

• Members

Got the error of "the data obtained from the update service is incorrect". Tried re downloading and using other languages does not help. Plzzzz Help......
Muah Port 
Spoiler

CaptSemmes #34 Posted 01 August 2016 - 04:28 AM

Seaman

• Members

View PostCaptSemmes, on 04 June 2016 - 09:26 PM, said:

I have an issue I need help with please.

World of Warships Version 1.0.10 (1.0.10) (Mac)

Mac OS 10.11.5 El Capitan

MacBook Pro (17-inch, Mid 2009)

2.8 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo

4 GB 1067 MHz DDR3

NVIDIA GeForce 9400M 256 MB

First, I had this issue: "the data obtained from the update service is incorrect" when trying to start. Sent Ticket to Support and was advised "Our developers were made aware of this issue when it first occurred. The updating issue has since been resolved"

Following that, when I tried to start again, program loaded, started, fine. Download started. BUT it locks up at 365MB downloaded - same amount, same point, every time. Also locks up the whole computer requiring hard restart.

I have tried the following:

1. Running Disk Utility to check file structures

2. Re-installing WoW - including remove Library files.

I have played WoW since March using the wrapper and have never had any issues loading, updating, and playing the game. Recently, have not played in about 3 weeks and this issue occurred when I tried to start game again.

Any thoughts, suggestions or fixes? Thanks!

After more than 3 months, I was finally able to load and install updates and ACTUALLY LAUNCH THE GAME! This was after months of error-free playing prior to the above mentioned issue.

During that time, i had extended (email) conversations with the creators of the Mac Wrapper, I sent them various and numerous log files. They made a ton of suggestions - all of which were ineffective. This included: reinstalling wrapper, game files etc; reinstalling OS software; tinkering with system files; even reformatting hard drive and doing clean installs. I spent hours and hours trying to find a fix (I was really jonesing for play time since I was on the cusp of getting tier VI ships). Nothing seemed to work: I still had the exact same problem as I had previously described.

Then, just two days ago, I updated my OS to 10.11.6 (15G31). I had pretty much given up on WOW, but tried it once more on a whim. After anxiously watching the various updates for more than an hour, I was able to launch the game. Was it the OS update? Something different in the game updates? I have no clue. All I know is that before it did not work, afterwards it did.

I have noticed others posting in-game issues. Prior to my issue, I had had no game play problems at all. It had been smooth sailing (pardon the obvious pun).

I have not actually entered into a match - I have been just overjoyed to even get into the port - so I have no idea if other problems might present themselves. After all I have been through, I sure has hell hope not! I will follow up with a post once I play a match or two to update success or failure.

I am also going to post some of the suggestions that were made to me by the Code Weaver's Rep. in the hopes that it might aid some of you.

CaptSemmes #35 Posted 01 August 2016 - 04:28 AM

Seaman

• Members

First Code Weaver Suggestion:

Try doing a full clean install of WoWs:

First, delete the "World_of_Warships" folder from the "Documents" folder.

Next, open the hidden "Library" folder:

1. Click on the "Finder" icon (the blue, two-toned face on the dock)
2. Hold down the "Option" key while clicking on the "Go" drop down menu
3. Select the "Library" folder

In the (hidden, user level) "Library" folder, select the "Application Support" folder. Then, locate and delete the "World of Warships" folder.

Now, in the (hidden, user level) "Library" folder, select the "Preferences" folder. Then, locate and delete the "com.codeweavers.worldofwarships.plist" file.

Finally, in the (hidden, user level) "Library" folder, select the "Saved Application State" folder. Then, locate and delete the "com.codeweavers.worldofwarships.savedState" folder. Note that this folder may not be present depending on the settings on your system.

Then apply the following tip to limit download speed and then re-launch WoWS and go through the update/patch process again:

https://www.codeweavers.com/compatibility/crossover/tips/world-of-warships/world-of-warships-critical-error-an-unhandled-exception-is-occurred-the-application-will-be-restarted

You may have to continue to re-launch WoWs until it fully finishes updating/patching.

If it freezes again, you can try option+command+esc to bring up the Force Quit Applications window and Force Quit WoWs.

Let us know how that goes.

Best regards,

The CodeWeavers Team

CaptSemmes #36 Posted 01 August 2016 - 04:29 AM

Seaman

• Members

Then they suggested:

Thanks for the info so far.

Seems like everything is pointing to the latest Mac OS update combined with the age of your hardware.  But it is odd that the whole system freezes that hard.

Could you capture a log of this freeze for us?

To do this:  Start with World of Warships completely shut down.

Then, open Terminal (in Applications>Utilities).

In the Terminal window type (or copy and paste the following command):

CX_LOG=~/Desktop/WoWSerror.txt CX_DEBUGMSG= open /Applications/World\ of\ Warships.app/

Then press enter.

This will launch World of Warships.

Then login and proceed until you get to the error, then close Terminal.

Then attach the file that is now on your desktop (WoWSerror.txt) to your reply.

*Note: Do not copy and paste the log into the email reply. Close the file first, then attach it as you would a document to an email.

Then we'll analyze the file and go from there.

CaptSemmes #37 Posted 01 August 2016 - 04:31 AM

Seaman

• Members

Then they wanted this:

Could we get another log from you, using this command instead?

CX_LOG=~/Desktop/WoWSerror2.txt CX_DEBUGMSG=+seh,+tid,+thread open /Applications/World\ of\ Warships.app/

Also, the Mac OS Console log might be helpful too, since your whole system is freezing.

CaptSemmes #38 Posted 01 August 2016 - 04:32 AM

Seaman

• Members

And finally this:

The logs didn't pinpoint anything specific that was causing the problem, but based on the following article, Mac users have had random issues after apply the Mac Update from OS 10.11.4, which would be included in a combo update going up to 10.11.5.

http://osxdaily.com/2016/03/26/resolving-problems-with-os-x-10-11-4/

You could see if that gives any help in your case.

Also, you could try deleting this folder:

Documents>World_of_Warships>Updates

Then launch WoWs to see if that helps at all, as there may have been a corrupted data file preventing further download.

CaptSemmes #39 Posted 01 August 2016 - 04:38 AM

Seaman

• Members

I contacted CodeWeavers via this email addy: worldofwarships@crossover.codeweavers.com>

In case you don't have it. However, I think they are only support is for the Mac Wrapper. I don't know that they have any tech info for any actual in-game issues.

Also, I didn't mention it previously, but during all of this, I was able to log in to and play World of Tanks. Don't exactly understand why that wrapper would work and WoW would not. But about about 90% of this Unix code stuff is way over my head (old school Mac OS user - could have fixed it in no time in OS 9 :B )

Edited by CaptSemmes, 01 August 2016 - 04:41 AM.

Greggieness #40 Posted 01 August 2016 - 05:50 AM

Seaman Recruit

• Members

I'm getting this error since reinstalling WOWS on my mac: "

"The data obtained by the update service is incorrect"

I followed instructions for editing the cfg file, but found that the URL I was asked to change already seems to be correct.

Can you suggest what else might be the problem?

5 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users

Aer05pace