WoWS Mac Wrapper Bugs and Feedback Thread

• Please log in to reply
210 replies to this topic

Brionac97 #201 Posted 29 April 2017 - 08:57 PM

Seaman Recruit

• Members

View PostAlterEgoHalifax, on 25 April 2017 - 01:01 AM, said:

Now I just deleted the game to try a reinstall - and I can't reinstall. I download the wrapper, and when I click on the icon in APPLICATIONS, this screen flashes up for less than a second (took me forever to get a screenshot)...

http://alterego.zenf...C6AA6#h88ac6aa6

now I can't play the game at all. ANY help is really appreciated

How did you fix this problem? I'm trying to reinstall as well but I'm having the same trouble.

JohnPRyan #202 Posted 01 May 2017 - 07:36 PM

Seaman

• Members

I've done a complete uninstall/reinstall of the latest Mac Wrapper, and still get constant crashes. The game is currently unplayable.

fourteenfour #203 Posted 02 May 2017 - 11:33 PM

Master Chief Petty Officer

• Members

[edited]deleting it to reinstall. hasn't worked for everyone and is not valid solution. if it were it would no patch would ever be installed correctly
Until Wargaming lets me buy the Texas Stars and Stripes camo in game for a reasonable amount they will never get another dollar from me. The damn thieves told me to sell my current Texas and buy it in shop again with the camo.

Taylor3006 #204 Posted 03 May 2017 - 05:27 AM

Ensign

• Members

View PostAlterEgoHalifax, on 27 April 2017 - 09:07 AM, said:

Does the new LAUNCHER they want us to download work with Macs?

I am not sure, Niko did not answer this question when it was put to him in a different thread. I am holding off doing it since everything is running fine for me right now other than a few oddball glitches and an occasional "fatal exception" that requires me to restart the game.

Astrosaint #205 Posted 04 May 2017 - 10:38 PM

Seaman

• Members

It has finally happened..I can no longer log onto WOWS.  My hypothesis is when WG tinkered with the program to better run on Windows 10 w/o so much Windows 7 capability issues, they trashed the client to server linkup.  I will keep trying to log on but I am suspecting the wine wrapper has to be replaced and the game dumped and reloaded.  :ohmy:  Astrosaint

Astrosaint #206 Posted 05 May 2017 - 06:17 PM

Seaman

• Members

View PostAstrosaint, on 04 May 2017 - 10:38 PM, said:

It has finally happened..I can no longer log onto WOWS.  My hypothesis is when WG tinkered with the program to better run on Windows 10 w/o so much Windows 7 capability issues, they trashed the client to server linkup.  I will keep trying to log on but I am suspecting the wine wrapper has to be replaced and the game dumped and reloaded.  :ohmy:  Astrosaint

Greetings and Good News:

I tried again today with a new wine wrapper. Some small download happened and the game was operational again.  Well done WG:rolleyes:

Edited by Astrosaint, 05 May 2017 - 06:18 PM.

macanes #207 Posted 06 May 2017 - 03:20 PM

Seaman Recruit

• Members

Here's my deal:

No, I don't spend hundreds of dollars a month on WoWs. But, I have spent hundreds of dollars altogether in the past five months I've been playing. I fully intend to keep spending to (1) support the game, and (2) support my game play (signals, ships, doubloons/slots, etc.).

But, when I send in a ticket about delays in the loading screen and crashes in game, I don't appreciate "We don't support Mac ... and if you read the EULA, you'll see we told you we don't support Mac -- here is the link for Wine, Bootcamp, and VMWare."

[edited]. You DO support Mac, WG. You make your game available and are happy to take Mac users' money. You support Mac, you just don't want to do the hard work of tech support for Mac because it's a Windoze world. What percentage of Mac users must be your community before they are worth your time?

Ok, rant over. Had to get that off my chest. No, I'm not going to quit playing the game. But, if I keep losings flags to a totally tricked out ship that crashes in battle, I'll probably stop buying signals, etc., that's for sure. We'll see if things stabilize. The battle start delays (you know, where you watch on the mission screen as all of the other ship icons start to move?) are frustrating, but the crashes in battle are infuriating, that is, what the heck just happened mid-battle to make the client go toes up. It's usually pretty stable. Can't you read my Mac logs? Or are they in hieroglyphics?

Thanks for listening/reading.

fourteenfour #208 Posted 10 May 2017 - 07:05 PM

Master Chief Petty Officer

• Members

View Postmacanes, on 06 May 2017 - 10:20 AM, said:

Here's my deal:

No, I don't spend hundreds of dollars a month on WoWs. But, I have spent hundreds of dollars altogether in the past five months I've been playing. I fully intend to keep spending to (1) support the game, and (2) support my game play (signals, ships, doubloons/slots, etc.).

But, when I send in a ticket about delays in the loading screen and crashes in game, I don't appreciate "We don't support Mac ... and if you read the EULA, you'll see we told you we don't support Mac -- here is the link for Wine, Bootcamp, and VMWare."

[edited]. You DO support Mac, WG. You make your game available and are happy to take Mac users' money. You support Mac, you just don't want to do the hard work of tech support for Mac because it's a Windoze world. What percentage of Mac users must be your community before they are worth your time?

I just got that load of crapfrom WG on my current ticket.  The game was fine until the .4 and .41 didn't fix anything. Yet my premium time continues to be used up and I rarely if ever get to see my end game stats because the game crashes if I leave after being sunk and most times at match end if I wait it out
Until Wargaming lets me buy the Texas Stars and Stripes camo in game for a reasonable amount they will never get another dollar from me. The damn thieves told me to sell my current Texas and buy it in shop again with the camo.

natedogg877 #209 Posted 17 May 2017 - 12:31 AM

Seaman Recruit

• Members

How do you uninstall on a mac? I need to completely uninstall for a couple different reasons and cannot find the folder/files even though they are huge. Help

Redvenge #210 Posted 17 May 2017 - 09:56 PM

Seaman Recruit

• Members

Ok, I see that WG and Mac is mainly a US love and hate story. I came from europe and Gates did a great job in the last 40 years buying all governments, enterprises, public administrations to use pcs... so in the old bad europe WG obviously don't care about macs. And if you write something on a forum complaining of Mac issues, you'll find some players that address you as isheep...

The things with the new wrapper aren't that difficult, but they way Codeweaver built the new wrapper make any change or fixing more difficult and mainly is up to them, under WG request, to fix or make that bloody 2.0 wrapper any better.

The 2.0.x allow us to access Inventory and Clan, but on the other hand it misses one of my preferite recent options: own music and own gun sounds... So I miss the good old one that was easier to manage for an average mac user.

Anyway, I've ran into many of the problems you mentioned, and the only real solution is to delete every bit of information related to WOWS wrapper.

You can find here all the folders and files you MUST delete before a fresh install. And you have to!:izmena:

https://www.codeweav...rld-of-warships

Just forget one and you risk to run in troubles again.

I also had a long email conversation with Codeweavers developers regarding a PT version of the wrapper that, as for pc, can install another copy of wows for Public Tests on the same user dir.

Before was very easy, now with 2.0 is impossible unless they do a special wrapper for it.

So finally they told me that we should ask for it to WG, because they couldn't/wouldn't send me the solution or the wrapper.

So what should I say.

Keep calm and breath deeply before get upset, just think about them in europe: if there, in US, is not that easy, in eu is much worst!:angry:

Or as and old way to say adapted: if Washington is crying, London isn't laughing!...

Take care.

Edited by Redvenge, 18 May 2017 - 09:39 AM.

CaptainBrak #211 Posted Yesterday, 09:53 PM

Seaman Recruit

• Members

I have held my tongue until now, but we are up to 0.6.5 and there is still no fix for massive game crashing on Mac.

The game installed and worked just fine in the 0.5 range. But as soon at WoWs went to 0.6 the game randomly crashed. At first I got a warning about some .exe file crashing. Once we got to 0.6.3 the warning stopped coming but then the game just started to freeze. I have had to hard restart on a number of occasions which has had an effect on other software. It has gotten to the point that I cannot risk my HDD just to play the game. Sad too because I have doubloons and was looking to buy more for a specialty ship. As is, I will be walking away from my account if no fix is instituted, and quickly.

ISSUE: Game crashing and freezing whole Macbook since 0.6

EQUIP: Macbook Pro, i5, 2.9Ghz, 8Gb RAM

OS X: 10.9.5

3 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

Aer05pace