Jump to content


Illegal Mods and Consequences


  • Please log in to reply
380 replies to this topic

sendit2me30 #361 Posted 18 March 2017 - 07:29 PM

    Seaman

  • Members

  • 36
  • Member since:
    10-23-2016

insane how much is cheating is going on -  got hammered by a New York (I was in Kongo) and I never saw him; only after I was killed i saw that he was  only 14 km away, not in smoke but even so I never saw him; not even when he was firing.  now what kinda of new cheat/mod is this? 

that is just 1 of the many incidents; is it still worth playing this game? well... its free; I wouldn't spent a single penny on it that is for sure.



CAPTMUDDXX #362 Posted 18 March 2017 - 07:58 PM

    Lieutenant Commander

  • Beta Testers

  • 2,486
  • Member since:
    08-09-2012
If you feel cheats are in use Report them in a support ticket with evidence every time Posting here will do no good at all

battle100 #363 Posted 19 March 2017 - 02:17 AM

    Seaman

  • Members

  • 36
  • Member since:
    08-03-2015
thank you for addressing this issue i was beginning to wonder if anything was going to be done as i have just witnessed 2 different players with illegal mods and to be truthful it's getting a little aggravating to play anymore and for those that use these mods you all are childish and pitiful that you have to cheat at an online game to make yourselves feel better it's disgraceful and as far as I'm concerned they should be banned at once and never allowed to return

_Lord_Scott_ #364 Posted 19 March 2017 - 03:23 AM

    Chief Petty Officer

  • Members

  • 195
  • Member since:
    08-28-2016

View PostMoondiver, on 23 May 2016 - 03:47 PM, said:

I hope the bloody bots get the message in Co-op battle!!!! No more cheat for bots!  (there I said it!!)  :P

 

 

Seriously I would put the stats of the cheater to zero but keep the number of battle they did! That´s the best punishments.

 

Hope they do the same to WoT and WoW. Lets fight equally!

 

View PostMoondiver, on 23 May 2016 - 03:47 PM, said:

I hope the bloody bots get the message in Co-op battle!!!! No more cheat for bots!  (there I said it!!)  :P

 

 

Seriously I would put the stats of the cheater to zero but keep the number of battle they did! That´s the best punishments.

 

Hope they do the same to WoT and WoW. Lets fight equally!

^^^^^^^^^ Now that is a great Idea If you cheat you lose all Stats, But I would add no stat gains for two weeks so then no matter how hard a player tries to regain a respectable stat they can't for the penalty time. A BIG FAT ZERO will stare them in the Face



snookhooked #365 Posted 19 March 2017 - 09:38 AM

    Seaman

  • Members

  • 11
  • Member since:
    08-29-2012

View PostNyxWGA, on 23 May 2016 - 02:30 AM, said:

Thanks guys!

 

I have to admit I was a little nervous to post this, considering how upset some folks were previously. But not so nervous that I wasn't going to do it, because it's the right thing to do. I am a gamer through and through, just like you. People who cheat piss me off, just like you. I get it that people want to win, but cheating is just a super lame way to do it in my opinion. I'd rather be unpopular while standing up for what I think is right, than popular for paying lip service to crap that I don't really believe in!

 

And this isn't just about me - Wargaming is taking this stand - I am just the messenger but I whole heartedly support it.

 

That is good to hear. I am a average player and don't mind being beaten by skill not a cheat. Its hard enough as a solo player to battle groups let alone those who are using cheats to their advantage. Please keep it clean here and in WOT.

Mordalen #366 Posted 19 March 2017 - 12:47 PM

    Master Chief Petty Officer

  • Members

  • 214
  • Member since:
    08-09-2012
Do not list specific illegal mods. Cheaters will use it as a shopping list...

Edited by Mordalen, 19 March 2017 - 12:48 PM.

On 27 Oct 1943, Commander Evans put in commission the destroyer Johnston. "This is going to be a fighting ship", he said during the commissioning ceremony. "I intend to go in harm's way, and anyone who doesn't want to go along had better get off right now."

 


pmgaudio #367 Posted 19 March 2017 - 04:45 PM

    Vice Admiral

  • Members

  • 8,359
  • Member since:
    05-30-2013

View PostAdmiral_Thrawn_1, on 05 March 2017 - 02:42 AM, said:

I agree cheating is terrible which is why I always like following the rules.

 

I must say though Wargaming should not be surprised to find players modding the game since Microsoft based software is more like a revolving door than a firewall which is a well known fact to many in the computer field. You know the complaint about Mac based games I hear from gamers? It's the fact they can't easily Mod games like they say they can do either PC. If Wargaming rewrites the WOWs coding to be IOS based and just have PC connect to it instead of the other way around then the game will gain 100% better security against hacks and cheats. I am actually shocked that after making Blitz they ran right back to making PC games that can get hacked instead of building on their progress in making IOS based games.



 

you really have (and most that use the term AIMBOT) have NO IDEA what a server side game is based on and that it can 99% cannot be "hacked"....
I really wish that the people that call others cheaters simply because they have better AIM would just stop playing the game....
Yeah there is(was) an aim ASSIST... but it is no match for the WASD HACK....which is one of the reasons it is all but gone... I am entertained by these threads, but at the same time confused as to why, with all of the seemingly KNOWLEDGEABLE people on PC's not but ONE of you truly knows what this server-side game is, as opposed to a client-side... (which by the way dude is kind of what you suggested above.....) Pity.... it makes the good players look bad cause the potatoes cannot aim or dodge...

Edited by pmgaudio, 19 March 2017 - 04:47 PM.



 “Leave the gun....
Take the Cannoli”
  __Clemenza

 

:child:


DeathLord1969 #368 Posted 19 March 2017 - 05:40 PM

    Master Chief Petty Officer

  • Members

  • 396
  • Member since:
    12-09-2014
Saying that it 99% can't be hacked is wrong since anything anywhere can be hacked. But with serversided games, there's more than just the server itself at play here. That is what makes it harder.

Punkinella #369 Posted 19 March 2017 - 08:52 PM

    Seaman

  • Members

  • 10
  • Member since:
    01-04-2017

View Postpmgaudio, on 19 March 2017 - 04:45 PM, said:



 

you really have (and most that use the term AIMBOT) have NO IDEA what a server side game is based on and that it can 99% cannot be "hacked"....
I really wish that the people that call others cheaters simply because they have better AIM would just stop playing the game....
Yeah there is(was) an aim ASSIST... but it is no match for the WASD HACK....which is one of the reasons it is all but gone... I am entertained by these threads, but at the same time confused as to why, with all of the seemingly KNOWLEDGEABLE people on PC's not but ONE of you truly knows what this server-side game is, as opposed to a client-side... (which by the way dude is kind of what you suggested above.....) Pity.... it makes the good players look bad cause the potatoes cannot aim or dodge...

 

So if I'm the sneakiest DD in the match and I've NOT been located by line of site, radar or planes.... and I get hit by every single round of an incoming salvo multiple times by an individual outside my detection range and their radar range, while I'm jinking....  there's some skill involved, mine or the one firing?  Oh and might I add that the size of my dd is far smaller than their dispersion cone at range.   I think you might have to re-evaluate your opinion sir.

pmgaudio #370 Posted 19 March 2017 - 09:08 PM

    Vice Admiral

  • Members

  • 8,359
  • Member since:
    05-30-2013

View PostPunkinella, on 19 March 2017 - 08:52 PM, said:

 

So if I'm the sneakiest DD in the match and I've NOT been located by line of site, radar or planes.... and I get hit by every single round of an incoming salvo multiple times by an individual outside my detection range and their radar range, while I'm jinking....  there's some skill involved, mine or the one firing?  Oh and might I add that the size of my dd is far smaller than their dispersion cone at range.   I think you might have to re-evaluate your opinion sir.

that does NOT MEAN you are not spotted.....

 

 

and I think YOU need to re-evaluate your in game skills and understanding of the game in general.....

 


Edited by pmgaudio, 19 March 2017 - 09:09 PM.



 “Leave the gun....
Take the Cannoli”
  __Clemenza

 

:child:


pmgaudio #371 Posted 19 March 2017 - 09:33 PM

    Vice Admiral

  • Members

  • 8,359
  • Member since:
    05-30-2013

View Postbattle100, on 19 March 2017 - 02:17 AM, said:

thank you for addressing this issue i was beginning to wonder if anything was going to be done as i have just witnessed 2 different players with illegal mods and to be truthful it's getting a little aggravating to play anymore and for those that use these mods you all are childish and pitiful that you have to cheat at an online game to make yourselves feel better it's disgraceful and as far as I'm concerned they should be banned at once and never allowed to return

 

see, it's players liek YOU that make these threads worthy of being not only locked but DELETED...
WHERE is the PROOF???
Where is the replay that tells EVERYONE HERE that you saw an illegal mod????
What Mod do you THINK they were using to be better at aiming than YOU???
WHat PROOF do you have other than an opinion of a hack???
WHy do these threads not ever get locked????
You are not good so they must be a haxor.....
So sad the state of the game, and NOT because of "hackers" but because of all the players that ACCUSE the players that are good at the game....

 

and the funny thing is, EVERY SINGLE ONE of you accusers has not gotten past 47ish%.... and YOU are hidden..... funny how the better players don't seem to have an issue with getting killed once in a while.... and I am prolly the WORST of the ones NOT whining... and you don't see ME whining... I just try harder,,, and get better  little by little...
START LEARNING or STOP PLAYING.... no ones forcing you to log in and get sunk....
 


Edited by pmgaudio, 19 March 2017 - 09:36 PM.



 “Leave the gun....
Take the Cannoli”
  __Clemenza

 

:child:


AVR_Project #372 Posted 19 March 2017 - 09:41 PM

    Lieutenant Commander

  • Members

  • 2,459
  • Member since:
    10-31-2015

Funny story.  Today on my CV, I just saw ALL THE BOTS hightail it straight for the Ohotnik...    It was a standard battle and the new DD wasn't even detected.  I thought it odd he headed straight for the far corner.

My CV was running out of strategic targets, and I was like....   WTH are all the bots...    hahahahahahaha    6 bots had cornered the Ohotnik --  way down in the lower left of our side of the map.

...

...

That's it..   I'M BUYING ONE.


So much has been lost, so much forgotten. So much pain, so much blood. And for what? I wonder. The past tempts us, the present confuses us, and the future frightens us. And our lives slip away, moment by moment, lost in that vast, terrible in-between. But there is still time to seize that one last, fragile moment. To choose something better, to make a difference.  -- Babylon 5


aethervox #373 Posted 20 March 2017 - 03:40 AM

    Lieutenant Commander

  • Alpha Tester

  • 2,265
  • Member since:
    08-09-2012

Problem is, OP, if the mod is a cheat by WG definition, then why a 7 day ban? Why not just the permanent ban to begin with?

Why let these cheaters off at all? Another half baked solution by WG, imho.



snookhooked #374 Posted 20 March 2017 - 11:53 AM

    Seaman

  • Members

  • 11
  • Member since:
    08-29-2012
I love the server side excuse. If there wasn't a such thing as illegal mods, then you wouldn't have WG trying to do something about them. I would bet if all mods were removed, you would see a big drop in name player and clans.

Megrim3 #375 Posted 22 March 2017 - 07:58 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Members

  • 461
  • Member since:
    06-21-2015

View PostNyxWGA, on 23 May 2016 - 02:30 AM, said:

Thanks guys!

 

I have to admit I was a little nervous to post this, considering how upset some folks were previously. But not so nervous that I wasn't going to do it, because it's the right thing to do. I am a gamer through and through, just like you. People who cheat piss me off, just like you. I get it that people want to win, but cheating is just a super lame way to do it in my opinion. I'd rather be unpopular while standing up for what I think is right, than popular for paying lip service to crap that I don't really believe in!

 

And this isn't just about me - Wargaming is taking this stand - I am just the messenger but I whole heartedly support it.

 

 you did the right thing. It's always best to do that and let the consequences fall where they may. This is why I have so much respect for their team. Finally, thank you guys so much for doing what I have always asked. 

Battleship_MaineMk1 #376 Posted 24 March 2017 - 01:52 AM

    Lieutenant

  • Members

  • 1,728
  • Member since:
    08-12-2014
I am happy to see this! Keep it up WG! +1

Edited by Fog_Cruiser_Maine, 24 March 2017 - 01:52 AM.

Remember the Maine, Remember the Arizona! #neverforget | I support the USS Maine as a US premium! #GiveMeMaine

 

Statically speaking...


Formerly Luke_Skywalker01 and Fog_Cruiser_Maine

 

Pulicat #377 Posted 24 March 2017 - 03:13 AM

    Commander

  • Members

  • 3,560
  • Member since:
    07-02-2013

View Postaethervox, on 19 March 2017 - 08:40 PM, said:

Problem is, OP, if the mod is a cheat by WG definition, then why a 7 day ban? Why not just the permanent ban to begin with?

Why let these cheaters off at all? Another half baked solution by WG, imho.

 

Because there are instances, though not a majority, where these people don't realize that these 'mods' are illegal. The 7 day ban is punishment and a warning for that reason.

 


KOUGOUHARUNA #378 Posted 24 March 2017 - 02:53 PM

    Seaman Recruit

  • Beta Testers

  • 7
  • Member since:
    07-21-2014

hey WARGAMING i have a question to ask that why there is so much POTATOES or NOOBs in NA using AIM ASSISTs? if u said it's good accuracy? wasnt it's a little over cheating when enemy spotting planes is down yet they still can hit u over the mountain when u are maneuvering port and starboard. why i say they are noob becuz of they can rush into ur torpedo range without dodge it(not only onces)...

if said it's a bot. but they do speak on chat. i may have no prove for this but im curious how they can aim u skillfully without spotting planes thought the hills when u are moving.

 



Macabe #379 Posted 26 March 2017 - 04:00 AM

    Fleet Admiral

  • Supertest Coordinator
  • Members
    Alpha Tester
    In AlfaTesters
    Beta Testers
    Supertester

  • 13,314
  • Member since:
    08-09-2012

View PostKOUGOUHARUNA, on 24 March 2017 - 07:53 AM, said:

hey WARGAMING i have a question to ask that why there is so much POTATOES or NOOBs in NA using AIM ASSISTs? if u said it's good accuracy? wasnt it's a little over cheating when enemy spotting planes is down yet they still can hit u over the mountain when u are maneuvering port and starboard. why i say they are noob becuz of they can rush into ur torpedo range without dodge it(not only onces)...

if said it's a bot. but they do speak on chat. i may have no prove for this but im curious how they can aim u skillfully without spotting planes thought the hills when u are moving.

 

 

The emblem directly above your ship is always at the same height from your ship so you take into consideration the ship you're firing at and then lead appropriately. With practice you'll get pretty decent at firing over islands.

Fleet of Fog Commander

Supremacy League Admin and Head Referee

Self-Proclaimed Forum Mascot


marcocom #380 Posted 13 April 2017 - 12:28 AM

    Seaman Recruit

  • Members

  • 7
  • Member since:
    07-11-2015
I use mods through aslains, have found WG to be very flexible about such, and allowing for Aslain to produce these in an easily updated and uniform manner, and i just really wanted to say that i support your perma-banning auto-aim cheaters , and i dont even care if youre not COMPLETELY SURE,  the first temp-ban will get tthem asking the right questions...




1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users