Illegal Mods and Consequences

• Please log in to reply
380 replies to this topic

KmsH44 #21 Posted 23 May 2016 - 02:38 AM

Captain

• Beta Testers
  • In AlfaTesters

Someone used the WASD hack, can he be banned?!?! 

The Gentleman's Club

I left not because of the Gearing, but that Gearing was a ship I loved, and I sold it.

This made me realize I no longer loved this game as I once did, and it's to move on.

Gearing is symbol of my enjoyment of this game, if you didn't catch that.

OriginalJuice #22 Posted 23 May 2016 - 02:39 AM

Petty Officer

• Members

Fantastic. 

WGNA really do some great work with things like this, as well as keeping the community updated. Keep it up ladies and gents! :honoring:

i5 4670k - 16GB Kingston Hyper X - 120GB Kingston SSD - 1TB Seagate Green - MSI 750ti GPU - MSI B85 Gaming Motherboard

OriginalJuice #23 Posted 23 May 2016 - 02:41 AM

Petty Officer

• Members

View PostDeathskyz, on 23 May 2016 - 12:37 PM, said:

Aslains modpack is safe right o.O

Was thinking this as well... Sure hope it's legal. :unsure:

i5 4670k - 16GB Kingston Hyper X - 120GB Kingston SSD - 1TB Seagate Green - MSI 750ti GPU - MSI B85 Gaming Motherboard

Drakomis #24 Posted 23 May 2016 - 02:44 AM

Chief Petty Officer

• Members

This has been a long time in coming. I greatly welcome this ruling.

Contents of this post are subject to questioning unless verified by a third-party agency.

INoCU #25 Posted 23 May 2016 - 02:44 AM

Ensign

• Members

View PostDeathskyz, on 22 May 2016 - 07:37 PM, said:

The only thing that may be remotely considered unfair is the last known position and heading mod. It seems to be borderline, depending on people's definition of "unfair." Everything else is pretty much cosmetic. 

Stats

NyxWGA #26 Posted 23 May 2016 - 02:44 AM

Player Experience Supevisor

• Developers

View PostDeathskyz, on 22 May 2016 - 06:37 PM, said:

I believe everything is Aslains is cool (folks please correct me if I am wrong!). We are absolutely not here to trick you by not telling what is illegal and then banning you. If you are unsure about something, please send us an inquiry and we will let you know for sure.

I promise that my goal is not to just ban folks! We only want to prevent people from deliberately using things that are outright cheats. If you are unsure about a mod, send a ticket. You can mark my name on it, if you like, We will get back to you with a concrete answer. We're not trying to surprise you and ban you. We only want to change the behavior of those who are using a program that is totally unfair - we don't want to get rid of players who are unsure!

javascript:void(0)

Razzopper #27 Posted 23 May 2016 - 02:47 AM

Ensign

• Supertester
  • In AlfaTesters

View PostINoCU, on 22 May 2016 - 06:44 PM, said:

The only thing that may be remotely considered unfair is the last known position and heading mod. It seems to be borderline, depending on people's definition of "unfair." Everything else is pretty much cosmetic.

This is available on the minimap planned for the next major update. You can see it if you check out the currently going public test. I think it is safe to say WG is okay with this one. Sorry.

Deathskyz #28 Posted 23 May 2016 - 02:47 AM

Warrant Officer

• Members

View PostINoCU, on 23 May 2016 - 10:44 AM, said:

I think last known position may be added into the vanilla client as it is in WoT.

Not sure if the heading mod works. Heard that its broken.

Legend Has It That The Nyan Hetzer Is Still Flying Somewhere In The Universe In Search Of The Nyan Cat...

It's Not The Torpedo With Your Name On It That You Need To Worry About;

It's The Hundred Others Addressed: "TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN"

INoCU #29 Posted 23 May 2016 - 02:48 AM

Ensign

• Members

View PostRazzopper, on 22 May 2016 - 07:47 PM, said:

This is available on the minimap planned for the next major update. You can see it if you check out the currently going public test. I think it is safe to say WG is okay with this one. Sorry.

View PostDeathskyz, on 22 May 2016 - 07:47 PM, said:

I think last known position may be added into the vanilla client as it is in WoT.

Not sure if the heading mod works. Heard that its broken.

Sweet. At least that means its a-okay I guess. 

Edited by INoCU, 23 May 2016 - 02:49 AM.

Stats

Deathskyz #30 Posted 23 May 2016 - 02:51 AM

Warrant Officer

• Members

View PostNyxWGA, on 23 May 2016 - 10:44 AM, said:

I believe everything is Aslains is cool (folks please correct me if I am wrong!). We are absolutely not here to trick you by not telling what is illegal and then banning you. If you are unsure about something, please send us an inquiry and we will let you know for sure.

I promise that my goal is not to just ban folks! We only want to prevent people from deliberately using things that are outright cheats. If you are unsure about a mod, send a ticket. You can mark my name on it, if you like, We will get back to you with a concrete answer. We're not trying to surprise you and ban you. We only want to change the behavior of those who are using a program that is totally unfair - we don't want to get rid of players who are unsure!

Thanks for the update Nyx :D

Love from the ASIA server

Legend Has It That The Nyan Hetzer Is Still Flying Somewhere In The Universe In Search Of The Nyan Cat...

Xenostryker #31 Posted 23 May 2016 - 02:52 AM

Master Chief Petty Officer

• Supertester

Drakomis #32 Posted 23 May 2016 - 02:53 AM

Chief Petty Officer

• Members

View PostNyxWGA, on 22 May 2016 - 09:44 PM, said:

I want to assure you that for myself, at least, you don't have to worry about that. What I was getting pissy about - and I'm sure many others were - was the blantant show and use of these hacks in game. I remember even watching some youtuber show this crap off and it really irked me. I play without Mods, much like you mentioned in your prior post, and and I severally distrust anyone who does because it feels like they're trying to gain an advantage; mods dealing with changing aesthetics are the exception, as they are dealing with how things look.

Regardless, this news, along with more premium selections, has made me a very happy customer/player of Wargaming. I'm extremely satisfied you guys are actually listening to the player base - and not just the people with "special" tags.

Contents of this post are subject to questioning unless verified by a third-party agency.

awiggin #33 Posted 23 May 2016 - 02:54 AM

Captain

• Members

View PostNyxWGA, on 22 May 2016 - 06:36 PM, said:

Well I can tell you for certain that anything that includes an aim assist mod is on the list. If it has other components and you want to tell me that "I've disabled that part, I swear" I don't want to hear it. I play all WG games with zero mods (possibly because I come from console where they aren't possible) but there is nothing SO CRUCIAL in your life that you must use an illegal mod to get it. Hell, if there is part of an illegal package that you want, like some crosshair thing, post on the forums asking for someone to provide it without the other parts that are illegal. Pretty sure someone can hook you up.

Now that you have added cross hairs, my major reason for using Aslian is gone. Still would like more data, but looks like you've addressed that in 5.6 so....Well done...:teethhappy:

Edited by awiggin, 23 May 2016 - 02:54 AM.

Atomicfireball #34 Posted 23 May 2016 - 02:55 AM

Warrant Officer

• Beta Testers

Thank You, Thank you, Thank You... ad infinitum 

While I personally can't say I have ever seen anyone using one or been hit with one. Removing those who cheat can only help the community. 

Watching two Battleships duel it out is like watching two old people fornicate. It's slow, sloppy and not very satisfying. 

Watching two Destroyers duel it out is like watching two orphans fighting over the last scraps on the floor. 

Kookaburras #35 Posted 23 May 2016 - 02:56 AM

Commander

• Alpha Tester

Great to see you guys taking action against this kind of stuff. 

Kookaburra sits in the old gum tree, Merry merry king of the bush is he. Laugh, Kookaburra, laugh, Kookaburra, Gay your life must be!

HMCS_Devilfish #36 Posted 23 May 2016 - 03:00 AM

Lieutenant Commander

• Members

It's about time, all mods should be banned and the people responsible made to walk the walk of shame

pmgaudio #37 Posted 23 May 2016 - 03:01 AM

Vice Admiral

• Members

+1!

“Leave the gun....
Take the Cannoli”
  __Clemenza

:child:

Deathskyz #38 Posted 23 May 2016 - 03:01 AM

Warrant Officer

• Members

View PostHMCS_Devilfish, on 23 May 2016 - 11:00 AM, said:

It's about time, all mods should be banned and the people responsible made to walk the walk of shame

A bit too far don't you think?

Not all mods are bad.

dmckay #39 Posted 23 May 2016 - 03:02 AM

Lieutenant

• Members

Great.  I have never understood why, as the thread states, people would cheat to win in a video game. How the hell can you feel good about your gameplay if it is, in part, dependent on cheating? Just do not understand people like that. 

MajorRenegade #40 Posted 23 May 2016 - 03:09 AM

Admiral

• Alpha Tester
  • In AlfaTesters
    Beta Testers

View PostNyxWGA, on 22 May 2016 - 07:30 PM, said:

Thanks guys!

I have to admit I was a little nervous to post this, considering how upset some folks were previously. But not so nervous that I wasn't going to do it, because it's the right thing to do. I am a gamer through and through, just like you. People who cheat piss me off, just like you. I get it that people want to win, but cheating is just a super lame way to do it in my opinion. I'd rather be unpopular while standing up for what I think is right, than popular for paying lip service to crap that I don't really believe in!

And this isn't just about me - Wargaming is taking this stand - I am just the messenger but I whole heartedly support it.

I believe you made the right decision. I believe everyone deserve a 2nd chance if they get caught cheating, hopefully they will change their ways. But if they don't learn the first time, well you know :trollface:

>Major Collection of Mods<<
   >>Join [ERN] Equestrian Royal Navy Today<<  http://ernavy.enjin.com

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users