New Teamkilling Consequences

• Please log in to reply
977 replies to this topic

Panzer1113 #961 Posted 14 February 2017 - 04:54 PM

Master Chief Petty Officer

• Members

Had a strange one last night.  Was in a Bismarck, a tier 10 German BB cut in front while I was firing, hit him with 2 shell, unfortunately also fire  and he got 12k from fire damage.  Overall 15K on damage, but turned me pick and system took away 1/2 of my hit points for penalty.  The guy was not dead when I was getting dinged, after game in the details tab, above on his ship( in pink) said I had 15k in damage to him, but at the bottom of the screen said I did 45K total damage, but no other ships showed that I had damaged them.  Did not sink anyone but now pink for 9 games.

Edited by Panzer1113, 14 February 2017 - 04:55 PM.

mushmouthmorton #962 Posted 14 February 2017 - 05:57 PM

Seaman

• Members

I see that I am not alone. Your report is almost identical to mine (back one page, about 1/2 way down.)

I have never received a reason for why it happened, and I beginning to doubt I ever will.

All very annoying, because I have been killed by "friendly fire" twice since that report, (both times from torps fired from behind me) and have not seen the person that killed me turn pink or even receive a warning in chat..

It would be very nice if the WG team answered some of thesre questions.

The silence leads to way too many tinfoil hat theories.

fbrrhd #963 Posted 16 February 2017 - 05:38 AM

• Members

Just a thought if you were hit by torps and no pink in chat, perhaps the OTHER team hit you. An unseen dd or perhaps a cv drop!

As to the OP 9 games, you hit more than one ship! When the gae is over go to damage screen and it will list (up top just like the enemy) who and how much damage you did!! (Don't ask how I know!)

You can go to co-op with a low tier ship (I used tier 1) and work it off pretty quickly.

Ami16th #964 Posted 16 February 2017 - 05:47 AM

Seaman

• Members

Gentlemen, I think I may have found a solution to this. A dev should contact me via email and I'll send you the idea through email. This will actually work without banning or having multiple players report people.

T_Rudder #965 Posted 21 February 2017 - 11:04 PM

Seaman

• Members

What’s the most number of Team Kills in a single game by a single player?

Seems like someone will create a game playing entity for that purpose eventually.

Mary_Jane_Jackson #966 Posted 07 March 2017 - 05:23 AM

Seaman Recruit

• Members

I've seen where people scrapped paint on me but I got a message saying I damaged an ally.  Is there a better explanation on how this is going to work?  I have also been the cause of gun fire and torpedo damage because someone else drove into the path of the fish.  Why would I get penalized if someone wasnt paying attention and cross the fishes path.  It isn't like an ADCAP where I can disable the fish after it has in inadvertently locked on to an allied ship.

Ami16th #967 Posted 07 March 2017 - 05:23 PM

Seaman

• Members

Would it not be feasable if:

Option 1: One player per team who has , let's say common sense,
is appointed automatically by the game as a monitor. This could be base on a combination of how many
battles a person has fought (most) with the best record of how that person behaves in a battle
( no profanity, TKing etc.).

Option 2: Server side

Penalties:
1) Chat abuse: disables the players chat. that person cannot use chat or the
quick chat functions for the duration of the game

2) Tk, shooting friendly ships: disable the player or players ability to fire for 1 or 2 minutes ( which can be vital )

AngryGamers #968 Posted 07 March 2017 - 05:39 PM

Seaman

• Members

I may be crazy but why not just make it that you can't damage a friendly.  All this trying to figure out how to ban people can be solved pretty easy.

"Boss"

No Chill Gamers

Angry

Toxicity Level- 10 *

Sabot_100 #969 Posted 07 March 2017 - 11:10 PM

Warrant Officer

• Members

View PostPanzer1113, on 14 February 2017 - 04:54 PM, said:

Had a strange one last night.  Was in a Bismarck, a tier 10 German BB cut in front while I was firing, hit him with 2 shell, unfortunately also fire  and he got 12k from fire damage.

Your problem was you were firing HE from a German BB. :teethhappy:

It would be nice if the gunsight actually showed when your guns were blocked by a friendly or an island. As it is now, you just get the "Don't fire at your allies" warning after the fact. In the heat of battle, I have failed to notice the warning (especially if it is in Japanese) and fired a second time. I have fired numerous salvos into an island I thought I could fire over, only realizing the problem when I  notice I have no shells landing near the target.

A semi-transparent diagonal line across the gunsight would be nice to show that some of your guns MAY be blocked. If you still want to fire, hoping a couple of shells make it through the gap/over the island, you still can. It might remind you to zoom out and see what is blocking you.

RTR78 #970 Posted 07 March 2017 - 11:35 PM

Seaman

• Members

It would seem that tkers damage has been lowered or I just noticed it. I took 5 torpedoes in a DD by a tker in RANKED and was still afloat... Barely.

Ami16th #971 Posted 08 March 2017 - 07:13 AM

Seaman

• Members

View PostAngryGamers, on 07 March 2017 - 05:39 PM, said:

I may be crazy but why not just make it that you can't damage a friendly.  All this trying to figure out how to ban people can be solved pretty easy.

I agree with you 100% Angry. WG should still have some sort of plan to deal with people either trolling or ranting when they die. We all must consider that this is a public game, People have differing strategies that work, but we cannot expect that other members of our team know what is going through the other person's mind or if that strat will flop under certain cercumstances. Hence, we still could have some sort of option that allows players to silence those ranters. The exsisting option is worthless [sts].

crude #972 Posted 09 March 2017 - 09:18 PM

Seaman Recruit

• Members

there is a problem some peopledont lok at there radar or listen for audible sounds and intentionallly run across a team members torpedoes.most my team kill are due to the other players not paying attention to what going on around them

Panzer1113 #973 Posted 09 March 2017 - 09:29 PM

• Members

View PostSabot_100, on 07 March 2017 - 11:10 PM, said:

Your problem was you were firing HE from a German BB. :teethhappy:

It would be nice if the gunsight actually showed when your guns were blocked by a friendly or an island. As it is now, you just get the "Don't fire at your allies" warning after the fact. In the heat of battle, I have failed to notice the warning (especially if it is in Japanese) and fired a second time. I have fired numerous salvos into an island I thought I could fire over, only realizing the problem when I  notice I have no shells landing near the target.

A semi-transparent diagonal line across the gunsight would be nice to show that some of your guns MAY be blocked. If you still want to fire, hoping a couple of shells make it through the gap/over the island, you still can. It might remind you to zoom out and see what is blocking you.

Something to indicate that would be good.  When firing, you are focused on the target and hard to see that some of the guns are blocked.  And yes, was firing HE was up tiered and the Bismarck 15 inch have some problems against tier 9/10 ( also running secondary in second slot instead of aiming so dispersion bad) so was hoping for a little HE spamming at range. 

Pete_the_Skunkman #974 Posted 10 March 2017 - 07:31 PM

Seaman Recruit

• Members

Sounds good...maybe players will pay more attention too their surrounding.

But you will have that accidental rams, shots fired and torp attacks...

I would look at the chat and see if they say their sorry...which would mean it was an accident.

Because there can be too much happening and the player can be overwhelmed, which would lead to mistakes.

simon70000 #975 Posted 12 March 2017 - 09:59 AM

Seaman

• Beta Testers

That seems fair

desmo_2 #976 Posted 12 March 2017 - 12:07 PM

Lieutenant

• Members

View PostMary_Jane_Jackson, on 06 March 2017 - 11:23 PM, said:

Why would I get penalized if someone wasnt paying attention and cross the fishes path.

You would get penalized because you weren't paying attention and launched fishes toward a team mate. 

View PostAngryGamers, on 07 March 2017 - 11:39 AM, said:

This has been discussed countless times.  If there is no penalty for hitting an ally, torpedo ships could just spam torps with no concern for where team mates are.  Hit a team mate?  Meh, no damage so no problem.  This would, in effect, be dumbing the game down even more.  Having to plan where and when to launch torpedoes adds an element to the game I would not want to see removed.

View PostRTR78, on 07 March 2017 - 05:35 PM, said:

It would seem that tkers damage has been lowered or I just noticed it. I took 5 torpedoes in a DD by a tker in RANKED and was still afloat... Barely.

Intentional team killing is nowhere near the problem it once was.  Not even close.  Friendly torpedo hits only do half damage to a team mate.  Doing enough damage to a team mate will turn you pink, and additional damage beyond that will destroy the team killer.

Accidental team damage will happen, as there are plenty of noobish, reckless, careless players out there.  And, honest mistakes or errors in judgment will happen.  I have been pink 3, maybe 4 times, and I have plenty of games under my belt.  Don't focus in too much on your target, and watch for team mates down range.  Hold your fire if you could hit a team mate.  If you decide the need to fire on the enemy outweighs the risk of hitting a team mate and you hit that team mate, own your mistake. 

digbyicehammer #977 Posted 12 March 2017 - 04:57 PM

Seaman Recruit

• Members

Hello they call me Digs I'm the Leader of Tirp Clan; I disagree with the outcome you guys are try n to put into place:  1. thing in coop maps anything  and I mean anything is possible, I ve been torped and shot at from bots, Since I been playing I believe I turned pink twice in from the coop maps, in which the bots  have run infront of my ship, in which 1 torp did get the bot but the other torps did hit the enemy in which I sunk, the enemy and also the bot from fire damage, in which it turned me pink, my enemy died first, the n the bot  finally blew up. in another case from random same thing happened, 1 torp missed  the enemy in which a DD was running opposite  side of enemy in which I sunk and he also was low health, but I did kill the enemy first and then hit my mate in which I apologized for he understand he said he was in the wrong,  but once again I turned pink, so accidents do happen,  and both counts I should not of been pink since I did fire at the enemy first, and sunk em . So torps do miss and things do happen.   Like I said I'm the leader of a full Clan of 30  and I understand , but it has to work both ways, I don't in courage any of our Clan to shoot at our mates in battle, but stray torps do hit out to 6.4 k out and if we had better tech to show in coming torps it would give us all, more of an alert, I get alerts right before they hit with in 2 k not enough time to react when there coming from the sides to avoid our mates  torps, so please give it more thought on this Subject,   I Disagree is all I can say, Digs I spend a lot of money on this game and getting banned from hitting Bots is unreal, I quit all my other games I spent money to put it in your pockets, Banned is the wrong way to go it will just, chase your customers away, Digs

HMCS_Devilfish #978 Posted 12 March 2017 - 05:00 PM

Lieutenant Commander

• Members

AWSOME!!!! Bout time

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users