New Teamkilling Consequences

• Please log in to reply
977 replies to this topic

casper_gunner #261 Posted 23 May 2016 - 12:41 AM

Chief Petty Officer

• Beta Testers

fix your blatantly busted POS mechanics or the team kills will continue EVERY one of them 100% intentional

Special_Kay #262 Posted 23 May 2016 - 12:47 AM

Captain

• Beta Testers

View PostLT_Rusty_SWO, on 22 May 2016 - 06:17 PM, said:

View PostSpecial_Kay, on 21 May 2016 - 07:40 PM, said:

That won't do anything of consequence. The appropriate response to griefing is to file a support ticket, attaching as much evidence as possible (zip up that replay and attach it, that's the best). There are many different actions which are serious breeches of the rules yet cannot be automatically detected, and repeated/deliberate ramming/blocking is a prime example.

If someone does something egregious, do not assume karma reports or automated systems will deal with it appropriately—send in the replay via support ticket.

You know, you'd think you'd be able to send in the replay on the support ticket, wouldn't you?  Doesn't work that way, though.  .WOTREPLAY is a valid file extension to attach, but .WOWSREPLAY is not.

Now see I'm going to stop you right there. Go back to the thing you quoted, and read it.

Did you read it? Did you see this part?

zip up that replay

An open letter to the so-called "sniping" battleships: if you're going to let softer teammates take your share of the enemy fire, you need to do their share of damage in addition to your own. Otherwise you aren't sniping—you are dead weight, and you're gambling that your teammates don't have enough other dead weight to carry that they can still carry you.
Learn how to quantify the effect of fire chance modifications!

Enable replays! You never know when you will discover a bug or witness someone exploiting or being abusive, and demonstrating it to WG staff is much more difficult without a replay.

LT_Rusty_SWO #263 Posted 23 May 2016 - 12:47 AM

Seaman

• Members

View Postscoots76, on 23 May 2016 - 12:35 AM, said:

Aren't your teammates visible in the mini-map at the bottom right corner of the screen? I thought it displayed where they were at and showed you the direction they are going. I use it all the time to see where my teammates are in my firing range so I know when/where (and when/where not) to fire when I am using shells or torps.. Can't say everyone I ran across seems to use that as I have been cut off, shot at, forced to dodge torps and have been ran into by people who rely to much on tunnel vision. Sometimes it's a mistake and often I get the "I didn't see you there".

Your right that distance can be a complication in the launching of longer range torpedoes... Perhaps the developers can add a little feature to that map that shows a numerical value of how far they are from a player ship and how fast they are going. Something simple like "35k - 20.0kts" to represent 35k away at a speed of 20.0 knots.

Past a certain range, I can't see my teammates even on the mini map.  I don't know what that range actually is, though.  But, yeah, outside of a certain distance, you're *not* going to see your teammates.

LT_Rusty_SWO #264 Posted 23 May 2016 - 12:49 AM

Seaman

• Members

View PostSpecial_Kay, on 23 May 2016 - 12:47 AM, said:

Now see I'm going to stop you right there. Go back to the thing you quoted, and read it.

Did you read it? Did you see this part?

Quite honestly, no, I didn't notice that right off the bat, but then - I'd already long since submitted my ticket when I replied to your post.

Good note though.  Thanks.

edit to add: the fact that you can find a workaround to the limitation on submitting .wowsreplay files does NOT in any way absolve anyone of the fault for not allowing uploads of wowsreplay files in the first place.

Edited by LT_Rusty_SWO, 23 May 2016 - 12:54 AM.

Special_Kay #265 Posted 23 May 2016 - 12:50 AM

Captain

• Beta Testers

View PostLT_Rusty_SWO, on 22 May 2016 - 08:47 PM, said:

Past a certain range, I can't see my teammates even on the mini map.  I don't know what that range actually is, though.  But, yeah, outside of a certain distance, you're *not* going to see your teammates.

They show up as green silhouettes if they're beyond your detection range (AKA draw distance), which is a ship-specific value. Use the full-screen map if you have trouble seeing these on the minimap, or check your keybinds—I don't think it is, but it might be one of the things which you can switch off with a toggle key à la sunk ship icons.

An open letter to the so-called "sniping" battleships: if you're going to let softer teammates take your share of the enemy fire, you need to do their share of damage in addition to your own. Otherwise you aren't sniping—you are dead weight, and you're gambling that your teammates don't have enough other dead weight to carry that they can still carry you.

Enable replays! You never know when you will discover a bug or witness someone exploiting or being abusive, and demonstrating it to WG staff is much more difficult without a replay.

Special_Kay #266 Posted 23 May 2016 - 12:53 AM

Captain

• Beta Testers

View PostLT_Rusty_SWO, on 22 May 2016 - 08:49 PM, said:

Quite honestly, no, I didn't notice that right off the bat, but then - I'd already long since submitted my ticket when I replied to your post.

Good note though.  Thanks.

Hmm. Your tone here confuses me. In hindsight, I think I mistook your frustration as directed at me, which I responded to with my tone. I was wrong to assume the tone that I did towards you, and I apologize.

LT_Rusty_SWO #267 Posted 23 May 2016 - 12:55 AM

Seaman

• Members

View PostSpecial_Kay, on 23 May 2016 - 12:53 AM, said:

Hmm. Your tone here confuses me. In hindsight, I think I mistook your frustration as directed at me, which I responded to with my tone. I was wrong to assume the tone that I did towards you, and I apologize.

No problem.  I'm more annoyed with being out real $$ because someone else is pissed about matchmaking.  Nothing at all to do with you.

LT_Rusty_SWO #268 Posted 23 May 2016 - 01:05 AM

Seaman

• Members

View PostSpecial_Kay, on 23 May 2016 - 12:50 AM, said:

They show up as green silhouettes if they're beyond your detection range (AKA draw distance), which is a ship-specific value. Use the full-screen map if you have trouble seeing these on the minimap, or check your keybinds—I don't think it is, but it might be one of the things which you can switch off with a toggle key à la sunk ship icons.

If it is something you can tyurn on and off, and if that option is so well hidden that someone can make it to T10 in three different tech trees without realizing the option exists ...   just sayin' ...

juanhumanbeing #269 Posted 23 May 2016 - 03:13 AM

Seaman Recruit

• Beta Testers

As soon as the game started a pink team mate started shooting me and other allied ships, He was in a Omaha so before he could start torping ships I sunk him with a broadside of AP. I didn't fire on any of my team mates and managed to sink 3 enemy ships. After the game ended and I return to port my name is pink? Replay is below"

http://wowreplays.co...berg-Open-Ocean

Special_Kay #270 Posted 23 May 2016 - 04:05 AM

Captain

• Beta Testers

View Postjuanhumanbeing, on 22 May 2016 - 11:13 PM, said:

As soon as the game started a pink team mate started shooting me and other allied ships, He was in a Omaha so before he could start torping ships I sunk him with a broadside of AP. I didn't fire on any of my team mates and managed to sink 3 enemy ships. After the game ended and I return to port my name is pink? Replay is below"

http://wowreplays.co...berg-Open-Ocean

Relevant:

View PostSpecial_Kay, on 14 May 2016 - 05:39 PM, said:

[Y]ou may choose to defend your teammates if it becomes very clear they need defending from a teamkiller. You will still be subject to punishment. Be willing to accept the consequences for breaking the rules, or don't do it at all.

Basically, the officially appropriate response is to avoid damaging any teammates yourself, and then

If someone does something egregious, do not assume karma reports or automated systems will deal with it appropriately—send in the replay via support ticket.

spacegolfer #271 Posted 23 May 2016 - 04:06 AM

Seaman Recruit

• Members

There should be some way of rendering players' weapons useless if fired on friendlies. The technology should be there. 

Edited by spacegolfer, 23 May 2016 - 04:07 AM.

Red_Raven_168 #272 Posted 23 May 2016 - 04:13 AM

Admiral of the Navy

• Alpha Tester

View Postspacegolfer, on 22 May 2016 - 09:06 PM, said:

There should be some way of rendering players' weapons useless if fired on friendlies. The technology should be there. 

DOD would like to talk to you

View PostCapnCappy, on 28 June 2016 - 08:12 AM, said:

You realize you're commenting on a thread that's older than some players?

Paul_Sean #273 Posted 23 May 2016 - 04:24 AM

Seaman

• Members

nice sharing post, thanks for info :)
https://www.G2G.com - The best C2C platform for gamer to buy and sell virtual assets / goods!

A_Sitting_Duck #274 Posted 23 May 2016 - 05:06 AM

Warrant Officer

• Members

While I appreciate this... I do have to say you're fighting a losing battle.

Most games out there have friendly fire turned off because it's disruptive.

NikoPower #275 Posted 23 May 2016 - 05:18 AM

Community Coordinator

• Developers

View PostA_Sitting_Duck, on 22 May 2016 - 09:06 PM, said:

While I appreciate this... I do have to say you're fighting a losing battle.

Most games out there have friendly fire turned off because it's disruptive.

While it may seem like this is true. Any progress in the battle against TK'ing is great progress. There will always be someone trying to stay ahead of the curve. We will do our best to be right up there with them. 

"To be honest in some strange way when I think of Niko I just imagine a Corgi, like my brain knows that Niko is a human but the Corgi image just works." - Devastator5000

Pendragon1951 #276 Posted 23 May 2016 - 05:36 AM

Master Chief Petty Officer

• Members

View PostNikoPower, on 22 May 2016 - 09:18 PM, said:

While it may seem like this is true. Any progress in the battle against TK'ing is great progress. There will always be someone trying to stay ahead of the curve. We will do our best to be right up there with them. 

I have repeatedly suggested this but it seems to go unheeded, they are wasting so much time and resources when all they have to do is turn off friendly fire but retain the collision physics and boom you've taken away the TKer's main weapon.

Red_Raven_168 #277 Posted 23 May 2016 - 05:42 AM

Admiral of the Navy

• Alpha Tester

View PostPendragon1951, on 22 May 2016 - 10:36 PM, said:

I have repeatedly suggested this but it seems to go unheeded, they are wasting so much time and resources when all they have to do is turn off friendly fire but retain the collision physics and boom you've taken away the TKer's main weapon.

now ponder on the fact that no matter how often you suggest that

is ain't gonna happen

View PostCapnCappy, on 28 June 2016 - 08:12 AM, said:

You realize you're commenting on a thread that's older than some players?

x_PitViper_x #278 Posted 23 May 2016 - 06:03 AM

Seaman

• Members

After reading this entire thread I have two comments. 1. Well done for improving the system - perfect or not - its getting better. 2. For those of you griping about the what if I hit a friendly with my fish and it being their fault etc... STOP SHOOTING TORPS FROM BEHIND.

Edited by x_PitViper_x, 23 May 2016 - 06:04 AM.

x_PitViper_x

Ks_Twister #279 Posted 23 May 2016 - 06:06 AM

Chief Petty Officer

• Members

I like the plan, if you are doing that much damage over so short of time then you prob either need to go back to class and learn how to shoot, or you need to step away from the game.

33nfidel #280 Posted 23 May 2016 - 06:24 AM

Ensign

• Beta Testers

View PostCapt_Rye, on 21 May 2016 - 03:30 AM, said:

Here is my question/problem. Sometimes, especially new dd, CV and low tier ijn cruiser players won't learn fast enough or if they play prolifically then they might meet that 5 tk marker. What is the damage threshold to count for the tk damage in battles %. Because team bumps happen and minor accidental damage is taken. If that counts then those players might have a massively higher % of battles with tk damage done. 

I think one big way resolve some of the issues is to: 

1. Proved an after battle check box for players tk'd where they can select if they thought the player did the tk on purpose or accident. While not 100% accurate as some players will be mad regardless it will help keep new players from getting permanently banned and hopefully get the players that are purposely doing it ID'd for banning.

2. If death by friendly torps is the case then the game should run a time tracker on them if the torps were fired off more than 20-30 seconds before the tk happened or from a range greater than 7-8km then it should be flagged as an accidental kill. I know I've had friendly DDs get killed by my torps at 10km out. Minutes after I'd fired them at a target that direction.

View PostNyxWGA, on 21 May 2016 - 03:39 AM, said:

We're not excusing it, but if it only happened once ever, I don't think someone deserves to be banned over a single lapse in judgement.

People who habitually appear on the list and establish a pattern will not get off repeatedly with no consequences (I know this was more of a joke comment :) but I did want to be clear about it.

We are only counting actually ship kills. Minor damage done accidentally won't register as an outright ship kill, unless they had like 2 hp left. Even if that happened, it would only be one kill. I feel pretty confident that the folks receiving consequences do in fact deserve them.

It's a good start.

What about the dirtbag who pulls up behind you (when your guns are focused on the enemy) then dumps an entire salvo of torps into you for %80 ++ of your hit point pool then runs away (just incase you will turn and return fire) yet continues to spam HE then another full salvo of torps at range?

Edited by From_an_1nfidel, 23 May 2016 - 06:27 AM.

IF you really want to look na.warshipstoday.com/signature/1014514347/dark.png or http://static.wows-n.../1014514347.png

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users