New Teamkilling Consequences

• Please log in to reply
977 replies to this topic

NyxWGA #1 Posted 20 May 2016 - 05:05 PM

Player Experience Supevisor

• Developers

POPULAR

Greetings Captains!

One of our overall goals is to increase player happiness, and today we are taking another step towards this goal. As most of you know, our in-game team damage system tracks TK’s and player’s may turn pink, but additional penalties do not happen automatically. We know that intentional TK's cause everyone on the receiving end to have a bad experience. We will now be taking steps to prevent this small group of players from decreasing everyone else's happiness.

We realize that some folks need that extra “incentive” to improve their behavior. For April, we generated a list of everyone on the server who did any teamkill damage during the month. Players will now begin to receive consequences for appearing on this list. The April list showed 2,343 accounts did some amount of ally damage.

We want to be fair here, and not penalize people for making actual mistakes, or even losing their cool and turning to fire on an ally just that one time on a bad day. In order to receive some sort of consequence, you have to have played at least 10 battles for the month, and have at least 5 TK’s.

Everyone who did TK damage in less than 10% of their battles will receive a warning. Maybe you were learning how to use torpedoes, or just had several unlucky games – we’re giving you the benefit of the doubt.

If you did TK damage in 11% or more of your battles, that signals a problem. Depending on what percentage range you fall into, you will receive a 3, 7, or 14 day ban based on April’s results. Anyone who did team damage in the large majority of their battles will be permabanned, and we won’t be accepting appeals for these. There is simply no valid excuse for that much team damage.

We plan to begin generating these lists, possibly even on a weekly basis, and providing consequences to TK’er accounts. Once you have received a consequence for TK, appearing on a list again in the future, regardless of percentage damage done, will result in harsher penalties.

TK'ers are bad for the game, and bad for your personal gaming enjoyment. Deliberate teamkilling is a bad experience for anyone on the receiving end, so insisting that folks shape up or ship out (pun intended!) should serve to improve (almost) everyone’s overall happiness. :)

tl;dr TK is bad, don't do it, or you will receive consequences!

javascript:void(0)

FratStar4Life #2 Posted 20 May 2016 - 05:11 PM

Ensign

• Supertester

Sounds like a step in the right direction 

I guess you guys do listen to us after-all :P

NA:

​EU:

OverPowered Gaming [OPG]       

AspiringCodger #3 Posted 20 May 2016 - 05:13 PM

Lieutenant Junior Grade

• Beta Testers

Wow... that's pretty harsh compared to WoT.  I don't have anything to worry about, but still.  I'm not saying I disagree, but it is a bit surprising.

engineered #4 Posted 20 May 2016 - 05:13 PM

Seaman

• Beta Testers

View PostNyxWGA, on 20 May 2016 - 12:05 PM, said:

losing their cool and turning to fire on an ally just that one time on a bad day.

Great steps but you shouldn't excuse ANY deliberate team killing.

"Yes, winrate also depends on parent genetic material and is also predetermined" -SerB

Cruiser_Buffalo #5 Posted 20 May 2016 - 05:16 PM

Warrant Officer

• Beta Testers
  • In AlfaTesters

Block Quote

We want to be fair here, and not penalize people for making actual mistakes, or even losing their cool and turning to fire on an ally just that one time on a bad day. In order to receive some sort of consequence, you have to have played at least 10 battles for the month, and have at least 5 TK’s.

Everyone who did TK damage in less than 10% of their battles will receive a warning. Maybe you were learning how to use torpedoes, or just had several unlucky games – we’re giving you the benefit of the doubt.

Is this saying then that you'd need 5 TKs to even get the warning or does "consequence" refer to the bans only?

Either way, I think 5 is perhaps a bit too generous of a minimum but it's definitely a step in the right direction, thanks.

Signature

HeinzSchultz #6 Posted 20 May 2016 - 05:16 PM

Chief Petty Officer

• Members

Damn ally collisions...

Carrier_Ikoma #7 Posted 20 May 2016 - 05:20 PM

Lieutenant Commander

• Beta Testers

So, question...

View PostNyxWGA, on 20 May 2016 - 10:05 AM, said:

If you did TK damage in 11% or more of your battles, that signals a problem. 

Does 'friendly' collision damage count? It's a very small thing but very common enough, usually 1 person or the other was completely helpless to stop it (eg BB can't move out of the way of a DD making a hard turn into them). But if that flags for 'battle with TK damage' it might be a bit harsh, particularly to the person not at fault...

Although I do think the 5 TK minimum, if that is actual kills, should rule out this the vast majority of the time, but still...

I do think this is a great move overall, just the collision mechanic might be harsh on someone that made an honest mistake.

The Balance devs are seeking

Moksie #8 Posted 20 May 2016 - 05:21 PM

Fleet Admiral

• Supertester
  • In AlfaTesters

So we are allowed 5 teamkills a month before we get in trouble?

Amd 955 BE OC @3.8 ATI 290x Changed

8 Gigs Ram adjusted settings

Windows 10 250gig SSD Changed

2560x1440 Monitor 27" Changed

alexf24 #9 Posted 20 May 2016 - 05:22 PM

Captain

• Members

Definitely a step in the right direction.

There are way more accidental pink players with the new system from the last patch. Counting the number of incidents vs battles does indeed identify the serial TK'rs and is a good step to make them learn or remove them.

I shoot an arrow in the air, where it lands I do not care, I get my arrows wholesale -- Curly Howard (with a wink to Longfellow)

Chien_Lu_Anderman #10 Posted 20 May 2016 - 05:24 PM

Lieutenant Commander

• Beta Testers
  • In AlfaTesters

View PostMoksie, on 20 May 2016 - 12:21 PM, said:

:D

CPU   Intel I7-4770 3.4Ghz/ 3.84Ghz with turbo      GPU   NVidia GeForce GTX 660 Ti 2G      Ram   12gig and 26.2gig available on a flash drive configured for ready boost    HDD   1Tb 7200rpm    OS   Windows 8.1

B4lduR_28 #11 Posted 20 May 2016 - 05:27 PM

Master Chief Petty Officer

• Members

View PostHeinzSchultz, on 20 May 2016 - 05:16 PM, said:

Damn ally collisions...

I dont think thats what TK damage means, id say it means dmg that lead to a kill right?

CapnCappy #12 Posted 20 May 2016 - 05:27 PM

Lieutenant Commander

• Members

What do you define as "TK" damage? Is it paint scrapping or actual shooting/torping?

I had a player the other day deliberately run into me over and over again. There's nothing I can do about that.

Edited by CapnCappy, 20 May 2016 - 05:37 PM.

CapnCappy's PC build

CapnCappy Stats

Patchy the Pirate says - "When we be seein' Russian battleships and carriers? I hears they can fly an shoot laser beams."

Tedster_ #13 Posted 20 May 2016 - 05:27 PM

Rear Admiral

• WoWS Wiki Editor
  • Alpha Tester
    In AlfaTesters
    Beta Testers
    Supertester
    Supertest Coordinator

View PostMoksie, on 20 May 2016 - 01:21 PM, said:

~Ted. >35k battles WoT, 35 T10, Club WG Wiki AdminWoWP alpha testerWoT Blitz beta tester.  WoWS Supertest Coordinator.  WotG alpha tester.  Yamato-kun, first Yamato on the NA server (Alpha, BW2, CBT). AP aim guide : 6 citadels, one salvo : A history of WoWS : my youtube channel               

^^^ in-game cancer takes many forms  ^^^    And still is stupid

Daigensui, on 21 June 2016 - 01:51 PM, said:

Logic is not approved in this thread, since it takes away the lulz.

Ace_04 #14 Posted 20 May 2016 - 05:36 PM

Lieutenant Commander

• Members

How many team killers are actually going to see this message?

Then again, perhaps it's better if they don't.... 

"In war there aren't any athiests--both sides are asking God for help." - Cmdr. Terry Goddard

7_Mary_3 #15 Posted 20 May 2016 - 05:38 PM

Petty Officer

• Members

A step in the right direction, however, I also wonder about collision damage vs. torp or gun damage.  Is ally damage just ally damage with no regard to how the damage occurred and furthering that thought, what about that same player who you are now scraping paint with is on the same side as your guns, and you fire, hearing that "don't fire at your teammates" message.  Doesn't happen often but does happen from time to time.  OR do the consequences occur with a team death..?

Unkle_Grimace #16 Posted 20 May 2016 - 05:38 PM

Master Chief Petty Officer

• Beta Testers
  • In AlfaTesters

View PostMoksie, on 20 May 2016 - 09:21 AM, said:

Spoiler

Luphelia #17 Posted 20 May 2016 - 05:41 PM

Chief Petty Officer

• Members

I'm all for this but...

1)Please remove killing your own, or allied planes by a strife off this list.

Otherwise seems fine if you're going to enforce it.

2) Hopefully it'll be more meaningful than the current "reporting system". In fact, why don't you just enforce the current "reporting system" and add "this guys a teamkiller" the the dropdown options. You can enforce it through the "existing system" rather than implementing an additional system.

I just find it odd that a new punishment system is being put in place when the old punishment system never had any visible punishment attributed to it.

<< APOC >>

MajorRenegade #18 Posted 20 May 2016 - 05:42 PM

Admiral

• Alpha Tester
  • In AlfaTesters
    Beta Testers

Tkers coming to complain on the forums cause they got permabanned in 3......2......1............*wild thread appeared*

>Major Collection of Mods<<
   >>Join [ERN] Equestrian Royal Navy Today<<  http://ernavy.enjin.com

ValkyrWarframe #19 Posted 20 May 2016 - 05:42 PM

Commander

• Members

Hopefully, I don't get bombed by my own carrier because I trash-talk him again...

*In top 50 players on the server 

USN: Clemson, Benson, St. Louis, Cleveland, Atlanta* (Gift from an Anonymous User), New Orleans, New York, North Carolina, Strike Bogue, Strike Ranger, Lexington

IJN/Fleet of Fog: Hatsuharu, Kagero, Furutaka, ARP Ashigara/Haguro/Myoko/Nachi Mogami, ARP Takao, Mikasa, ARP Haruna/Hiei/Kirishima/KongouNagamon, Amagi, Ryujo

Soviet Union/Russia/Royal Navy: Kiev, Ognevoi, Svietlana*, Kirov*(My Guide), Chapayev, Dmitri Donskoi, Moskva* (My Guide)Black Swan (kek), Fiji, Edinburgh

Kriegsmarine/Marine NationaleT-22Konigsberg, Admiral Graf Spee, Yorck, Nassau, Gneisenau, Dunkerque (Gift from TenguBlade)

Brofisticus #20 Posted 20 May 2016 - 05:42 PM

Lieutenant Commander

• Beta Testers

I have only one up-vote to give... Thank you. Don't suppose you can do something about that tinnitus thing, can ya? :)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users