Questions for the Dev Team? Ask Here!

Community Summit

• Please log in to reply
398 replies to this topic

Final_Spark #41 Posted 16 May 2016 - 11:54 PM

Lieutenant Commander

• Beta Testers

Ah, maybe some silly questions as well like if any devs browse the RU forums often and if they have some favorite posters or community contributors?

What was the best office prank so far?

Any other silly moments?

Mr_Alex #42 Posted 16 May 2016 - 11:57 PM

Lieutenant Commander

• Alpha Tester

I have one, since WG teased about the USS Arizona on Pi Day, will the USS Arizona come in as a Premium BB?

IKU19 #43 Posted 17 May 2016 - 12:35 AM

Captain

• Beta Testers

View PostFog_Cruiser_Australia, on 16 May 2016 - 05:11 PM, said:

Are there any plans to re-introduce the Kitakami?

I like how this is the first question asked.

View PostQuemapueblos, on 16 May 2016 - 05:11 PM, said:

Dang how did I forget to add that one to the list. Iku would be disappointed.

Suuuureee... "Forgot"

WarGaming, can I have Kitakami?

Wannabe-captain of NCC-1701-D

Globemaster1998 #44 Posted 17 May 2016 - 12:42 AM

Chief Petty Officer

• Members

When will the German tech tree get a battleship branch?

Will we ever see Italian ships?

Edited by Globemaster1998, 17 May 2016 - 12:46 AM.

"We will do what damage we can." Ernest E. Evans, commander of the USS Johnston (DD-557)

Terran_Crusader #45 Posted 17 May 2016 - 01:04 AM

Master Chief Petty Officer

• Members

Why is the shell dispersion pattern a horizontal ellipses rather than the historical circle?

Are there any plans to make armor penetration and damage mechanics more realistic?*

*maybe something roughly similar to what Memo_collector suggested? http://forum.worldofwarships.com/index.php?/topic/79500-why-i-believe-realistic-armour-penetration-is-better-for-the-game-part-2/page__p__1947367#entry1947367

AdmiralPiett #46 Posted 17 May 2016 - 01:34 AM

Ensign

• Beta Testers

Are there plans to improve the look, and particularly the sound, of AA fire? Muzzle flashes would be nice to see, but the sound is particularly bad. It really stands out since the rest of the game sounds are incredible, but the AA fire is extremely quiet and lacks any kind of power or impact.

"The historian without his facts is rootless and futile; the facts with their historian are dead and meaningless." - E. H. Carr

Blinded by the Rising Sun? American Intelligence Assessments of Japanese Air and Naval Power, 1920-1941

SirKenshi #47 Posted 17 May 2016 - 02:35 AM

Warrant Officer

• Members

1. Are there any plans to add more skills to fill all gaps in the Captain skills chart?

2. Will there be soon a rebalance  for predominant and underwhelming captain skill and upgrades?

3. Why is Yorck's shell speed so slow? her AP is almost useless at max range (17km shoot take 16s to land). Also ¿why she get rid of the fast turret traverse that almost the entire German cruiser line has?

4. Is there any special reason for 45s for Myoko's turrets traverse speed? it's quite slow for a cruiser.

5. Is there any plan to give Mogami's 155mm guns a reasonable turret traverse? She can be called "light cruiser" and those are small caliber guns. If you don't want players to use it(or encouraging players to use 203mm by nerfing these ones) cos its overperforming, why is still available on the ship?

6. Why is Pensacola's surface detection range so high? 15.7 km? is there any plan to reduce it? 

7. In the far future, Germans Destroyers could be added in the tech tree?

8. Any german premium ship coming soon? (Prinz Eugen, Gneisenau, Emdem, Leipzig, Graf spee)

Zampy #48 Posted 17 May 2016 - 02:40 AM

Lieutenant

• Beta Testers

When will the captain skill tree be reworked, more of a crew system instead?

Rework to AA for LoS and firing arcs like secondaries, but more effective per shot

More info on how AA works vs plane health, implementing plane health?

Plunging fire!

Shell damage and penetration to reflect more historical values rather than a formula based on caliber

High tier meta of reversing, boring gameplay, can changing dispersion to a more vertical dynamic rather than horizontal solve this?

Herr_Reitz #49 Posted 17 May 2016 - 03:01 AM

Captain

• Beta Testers

q: Will you ever change the control key mapping so I may assign the space bar to function as my LMB, that is, pressing the space bar fires my selected weapon. Older folks and those not having rock-steady nerves would really appreciate this. 

q: Option to close chat window? Or MOVE chat window to the upper left top? If you shoot at a lot of DD and like being zoomed in the chat window interferes with viewing/aiming. 

q: How has the adjusted repair/refit rates worked out for NA (or all servers if implemented) on the higher tiers? 

There's a lot of good stuff in this thread Q: I doubt you'll lack for questions :-) Looking forward to the pics

FOX_Battleship_Kentucky #50 Posted 17 May 2016 - 03:24 AM

Admiral of the Navy

• Banned
  • In AlfaTesters

Can we PLEASE get the Arpeggio missions again? 

Grand Emperor of Fox Empire and Fox Fleets and proud member of Waffles Brigade

Proud owner of the Bluegrass Bar and Grill

Join the club. Have a jacket.

Sig by Fuchsy

CH3CKM8 #51 Posted 17 May 2016 - 03:29 AM

Petty Officer

• Members

Campbeltown  when are we getting it?

Memo_collector #52 Posted 17 May 2016 - 03:47 AM

Chief Petty Officer

• Beta Testers

1. What do the developers think are top 3 issues with gameplay, aside from matchmaking?  That is, what do they think need the most improvement?

2. Are the developers happy with current CV gameplay? 

3. Recent additions/changes to game mechanics clearly seem to have been designed to promote teamwork.  However, individual skirmishes have become more one-sided than ever before as a result.  EX:

- CA with radar vs DD: The best DD can do is to avoid the CA with radar altogether and hope his teammates take care of the problem for him

- CV vs surface ships: With the nerfs to short range AA and buff to plane maneuverability, Individuals can no longer outplay a CV player.  Either you have strong enough AA to melt planes before they even approach your ship or your AA is completely worthless when alone.  On the other hand, the stronger long range AA has made grouping up more effective than ever before.  The net result is that a CV becomes more or less useless when the enemy groups up, yet a lone ship (with a few notable exceptions) is more helpless to a CV attack than before the AA overhaul.

- DD vs BB: With BB rudder shift nerf, flooding damage buff, DD survivability buff, and torpedo buff, a DD has more advantages over a BB than ever before. 

These are not game balance concerns per se.  However, I fear that this type of gameplay adjustments negatively affect player agency - There is no way for Rock to win against Paper so the correct way to play Rock becomes more and more about not getting into a situation where it faces Paper, rather than trying to outplay Paper with a disadvantage.  How do developers feel about lack of player agency - Do they agree that players have become more dependent on their teammates for success as a result of changes that have been implemented?  Do they think this is a valid concern?

4. Same questions as Terran_Crusader 

gtankbuster72 #53 Posted 17 May 2016 - 05:26 AM

Seaman Recruit

• Members

All.. are there any plans to add USS Missouri battleship to premium inventory in the near future.  Its a famous IOWA class battleship..  You could add it and make it tad stronger than typical IOWA class battleship. 

wadavid #54 Posted 17 May 2016 - 06:55 AM

Warrant Officer

• Members

• Are there planned improvements to the laggy/buggy port and battle interface? (Button clicks in port and during battle--including crucial ones like torpedo firing--often take multiple clicks to register.)
  • Will the sky and atmospherics in Land of Fire ever be adjusted to look less like Mars?
  • Will we get a total damage figure in the post-battle screen? (Please??)
  • Will there ever be a more visually elegant way of transitioning between ships being spotted vs. unspotted? (E.g. a transition fade at the last 0.5 km of a ship's detection range?
  • Will ships be rendered when they are within spotting range but partially behind an island? (Currently a ship behind an island only becomes visible once the entire ship has cleared the island, as though the bow of the ship is invisible. This is very frustrating in split-second close-range engagements.)
  • Could gun accuracy figures be changed to a non-variable metric (like in Wot, for example)? Using dispersion at max range does not allow comparison between ships, and even varies on the same ship depending on modules and upgrades mounted. Something like degrees of variance would allow meaningful game-wide ship-to-ship comparison, regardless of differing base ranges and modules/upgrades.
  • Can we get access to the training room without mods/file manipulation?
  • Could we get the ability to zoom further out when playing CVs? I often want to zoom out beyond the current limit, but still be more zoomed than the full tactical map. Is there a reason for not having a "middle ground" zoom range, especially knowing that the game can easily zoom back a click or two, since it already does so when the camera is over a mountain? (For what it's worth, this discomfort with the zoom ranges is preventing me from playing that entire class of ships.)

nuttybiscuit #55 Posted 17 May 2016 - 07:56 AM

Ensign

• Alpha Tester

Block Quote

Here are some of questions I've collected so far:

Spoiler 

Anyone mention the Royal Navy?

VIVA LA KITTYLUTION!!!

47% WR and proud and so what?!

Former possessor of the pink medal of honour

Snoozing_Mako #56 Posted 17 May 2016 - 08:46 AM

Warrant Officer

• Beta Testers

Some of these have likely been said before, but hopefully repeating them will give them greater precedence to be asked.

• How do you feel about the performance of high tier USN cruisers (tiers 7-10)? Can any changes be expected?
  • Is there any thought or future plans to rework the damage control system? What about flooding/fire? It can be extremely frustrating at times.
  • Are large changes to CV being considered? Or will they continue to be tweaked marginally over time?
  • What was the purpose behind the changes to the Clear Sky achievement? As it is now it is almost impossible to get at high tiers, especially for surface ships. Can it be made easier, or the change reverted?
  • Will you ever consider buffs to the main battery of Japanese Destroyers?
  • The commander skill tree system as it is now lacks meaningful choices and decisions between skills for most ships. Some skills are all but required on some ships (concealment expert) because they are so good while some are not picked at all (last stand) because they offer too little or are too situational. Will we see more variety and viable choices between skills in the future?
  • Will more ship upgrades be created in the future, or will the existing ones be modified? The decisions we have between the six upgrade slots are sorely lacking, with some upgrades being overwhelmingly better than the few other options

Thank you for giving us this opportunity, and I hope you consider my questions.

Stieger #57 Posted 17 May 2016 - 09:25 AM

Master Chief Petty Officer

• Alpha Tester

View PostMajorRenegade, on 16 May 2016 - 10:37 PM, said:

We need a working depot where we can sell our old modules as we upgrade our ships. If we can sell them like in world of tanks. It will make it easier to buy upgrades or modules if you're short on credits. will this get added?

When do we expect to see German Battleships?

When do we expect to have a Clan system in the game?

When do we expect to see anything of the Royal Navy beside Warspite?

Is it possible to see a set of personal missions in World of Warships, just like World of tanks do?

Will tirpitz get added permanently to the NA premium shop, along with other ships like Warspite and Kutuzov?

Will we get more mountable upgrades in the future?

Are there plans to add more Commander skills?

I like these question there good ones. but I also want to know about the Graf Spee when will it become a Premium ship I like to see whats on the table for Premium ships. I also like to know whats down the road or projected projects list for WOWS. Will weather effects become more prevalent in battles if so How? What about a paint shop for your ships and aircraft for your carriers?

alexf24 #58 Posted 17 May 2016 - 10:23 AM

Captain

• Members

• Why can't we have Ranked seasons more often? and the date announcements earlier?
  • Can we have a better choice of F-key messages, to aid in tactics/strategy, replacing some of the silly ones? (e.g. no need for salty cursing, thank yous, greetings)
  • Can we sync the different servers/communities events and store offerings a little more? (EU/NA, etc.)
  • Will marketing/sales consider reducing the (very steep) price of captain retraining from 500 to 300?
  • Will new captain skills be added? (e.g. more accurate gunnery-dispersion)
  • Are you considering better ways to deal with TKs?
  • German Navy?
  • Prinz Eugen?
  • Obligatory question on the timing for the Royal Navy
  • Plans for French and Italian navies - any comments?

Edited by alexf24, 17 May 2016 - 10:29 AM.

I shoot an arrow in the air, where it lands I do not care, I get my arrows wholesale -- Curly Howard (with a wink to Longfellow)

Pompous #59 Posted 17 May 2016 - 10:39 AM

Seaman Recruit

• Beta Testers

It's going to be hard to word this in a way that makes sense, but can we please remove the... reticle/aim-point colision with islands? 

To phrase it differently/try to explain, I do not, even one time, want to hit an island when I am aiming at one. I am 100% of the time aiming for the water over the top of the island. Is that something we can have happen? Can sniper mode simply ignore the fact that an island exists and treat the game as a level plane of water, and if my shells impact the island, okay, sure, they explode, but make sure the point of aim is always the water past the island.

Pls.

desmo_2 #60 Posted 17 May 2016 - 11:41 AM

Lieutenant

• Members

View PostSkywhaleExpress, on 16 May 2016 - 04:43 PM, said:

c) Is there going to be a change to the Team Damage mechanics that makes it so that a pink person can do absolutely zero friendly damage off the bat? I feel that this one change would make for an environment where we don't feel the need to defend ourselves, because only enemy fire can kill us.

2. Would WoWS ever consider making friendly damage completely irrelevant like they did in WoWP with friendly rockets and bombs? At least in this way, you can't have teamkillers at all?

I do not like the idea of friendly fire not doing any damage to anyone.  That will promote torpedo spamming with no strategy or consideration.  I am, however, for changing how the damage is applied.  Only do 10%-15% of the torpedo's damage to the friendly hit, but reflect full damage to the shooter, or something like that.  You will still have to be careful how your fire your torpedoes, but TK's by them will be significantly reduced.

I think removing all damage and penalties for friendly fire would be a mistake.

Edited by desmo_2, 17 May 2016 - 11:42 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users