Questions for the Dev Team? Ask Here!

Community Summit

• Please log in to reply
397 replies to this topic

Herr_Reitz #181 Posted 25 May 2016 - 07:08 PM

Captain

• Beta Testers

View Postvakhnenko, on 25 May 2016 - 09:59 AM, said:

I have question about the Fire Control System mod 1. So, it improves accuracy by 7%. But does that 7% reduction apply to the horizontal axis of the dispersion ellipse (as shown in WoWs client), or the dispersion ellipse area (as one of the devs on the RU forums wrote a while back)?

Go check iChase's video on the subject... it seems this module is not exactly what you think it would, should be... 

Lord_Zath #182 Posted 25 May 2016 - 07:28 PM

Lieutenant Commander

• WoWS Wiki Editor
  • Beta Testers
    Supertester

View PostQuemapueblos, on 25 May 2016 - 07:04 AM, said:

Day 2: Work Begins!

Ahoy Captains, today we toured of the SPB office and got to work! 

Tomorrow will be the Dev Q&A and I'll share what can asap. We will be recording the session but it will take some time to process and localize. Once I return, I will create a new forum post will everything I can get answered.

In the meantime, here are some fun photos from us walking around!

There are tons of cool posters around the office but this one is always my favorite. It's from many moons ago when we even had a different name for our game:

Spoiler

The Office:

Spoiler

Found this hiding on the tech tree board:

Spoiler

Nice to see the Pacific Storm games!

oz_boater #183 Posted 25 May 2016 - 10:34 PM

Chief Petty Officer

• Members

View Postvakhnenko, on 26 May 2016 - 12:59 AM, said:

I have question about the Fire Control System mod 1. So, it improves accuracy by 7%. But does that 7% reduction apply to the horizontal axis of the dispersion ellipse (as shown in WoWs client), or the dispersion ellipse area (as one of the devs on the RU forums wrote a while back)?

What the tool tip actually says is "-7% to maximum dispersion of main battery shells" and "max dispersion" is a reported field in the "main battery" section, so it would be reasonable to think that it actually DOES give ""-7% to max dispersion of main battery shells"

Interestingly, when add the module to a Fuso I have in storage (with no modules fitted, A hull, no FC), the reported "max dispersion" drops from 179m to 167m which is 6.7%, which is a pretty good match for the tooltip

What really happens under the covers? Who knows?

Oz

Note: Edited to correct what tooltip says

Edited by oz_boater, 26 May 2016 - 02:27 AM.

Richard Simpson,
Skipper: USS Alabama, Sydney Battle Squadron, Australian Battle Group (videos)

(1/144th scale warships (4 to 6 feet long), armed with CO2 powered cannon firing 1/4" steel ball bearings at 150km/h, sinking each other on ponds across Australia) 

My photos of the scuttling of a FFG-7 frigate, the ex "HMAS Adelade" (click on any of the thumbs to enlarge)

Rather hopeless at "World of Warships" but slowly getting better

JedMad #184 Posted 25 May 2016 - 10:51 PM

Seaman

• Members

Hello   I just played several World of Warships games after the application of the 5.6 update.  4 games played beautifully but on game 5 I was playing an Isokaze class Japanese DD.  All was going well until I got into a very close encounter with another DD.  We were at very close range when we both launched Torpedoes.  My ship was hit first and sunk then my torpedoes hit the other DD and sank it too.  My screen began to flicker rapidly so I switched to spectator mode which after about 1 minute everything locked up.  I couldn't even bring up Task Manager to close out the program.  I had to do a cold reboot of my computer to send this message to you.  Can You tell me what happened and how to fix it.  I never have had any such problem prior to the 5.6 update.

Quemapueblos #185 Posted 26 May 2016 - 12:18 AM

Producer

• Developers
  • Administrator
    Alpha Tester

View PostIKU19, on 25 May 2016 - 10:09 AM, said:

No you didn't, you printed that out and stuck it there.

I did not actually stick it there but i fixed it for you:

Spoiler

Also it's not a list of ships in the tech tree it's just a list of all IJN ship in the game client essentially.

Panbun #186 Posted 26 May 2016 - 12:30 AM

Captain

• Supertester
  • Alpha Tester

View PostQuemapueblos, on 26 May 2016 - 10:18 AM, said:

Spoiler

Also it's not a list of ships in the tech tree it's just a list of all IJN ship in the game client essentially.

Those pearls! Is it going to be like the Kamikaze R event where we need to collect pearls in order to get a Kitakami!?!?!

Macabe #187 Posted 26 May 2016 - 12:39 AM

Fleet Admiral

• Supertest Coordinator
  • Members
    Alpha Tester
    In AlfaTesters
    Beta Testers
    Supertester

View PostQuemapueblos, on 25 May 2016 - 05:18 PM, said:

Spoiler

Pearls.... Pearl event.... *flashback of kitakamis everywhere* NNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO 

Macabe.exe has stopped responding

Fleet of Fog Commander

Supremacy League Admin and Head Referee

Self-Proclaimed Forum Mascot

World of Warships Forum Cat. Pet at own risk.

IKU19 #188 Posted 26 May 2016 - 01:12 AM

Captain

• Beta Testers

View PostQuemapueblos, on 25 May 2016 - 07:18 PM, said:

Spoiler

Well now it's undoubtably undeniably 100% proof, no photoshopping involved at all.

WarGaming, can I have Kitakami?

Wannabe-captain of NCC-1701-D

Numbah18 #189 Posted 26 May 2016 - 01:17 AM

Commander

• Beta Testers

Kitakami was the premium ship I wanted the most :) After reading this https://www.reddit.c...t5pm_est_about/

I really need to go wright that piece on US CV that I've been planning to write for a good while :P

Question time will there be any new game modes added soon? Like a wipe out island fortifications while the other team defends it or something like that?

Edited by Numbah18, 26 May 2016 - 01:23 AM.

Turkey, you say...? It's no joke!

Guards we move.

A list or nicknames in World of Warships http://tvtropes.org/...WorldOfWarships

Tedster_ #190 Posted 26 May 2016 - 01:56 AM

Rear Admiral

• WoWS Wiki Editor
  • Alpha Tester
    In AlfaTesters
    Beta Testers
    Supertester
    Supertest Coordinator

View PostQuemapueblos, on 25 May 2016 - 08:18 PM, said:

Spoiler

Kitikami:  9001 pearls.  you get one pearl for each Clear Sky award you earn with a tier 10 IJN DD (random battle only) :trollface:

~Ted. >35k battles WoT, 35 T10, Club WG Wiki AdminWoWP alpha testerWoT Blitz beta tester.  WoWS Supertest Coordinator.  WotG alpha tester.  Yamato-kun, first Yamato on the NA server (Alpha, BW2, CBT). AP aim guide : 6 citadels, one salvo : A history of WoWS : my youtube channel               

^^^ in-game cancer takes many forms  ^^^    And still is stupid

Daigensui, on 21 June 2016 - 01:51 PM, said:

Logic is not approved in this thread, since it takes away the lulz.

Numbah18 #191 Posted 26 May 2016 - 02:02 AM

Commander

• Beta Testers

View PostTedster_, on 25 May 2016 - 07:56 PM, said:

Kitikami:  9001 pearls.  you get one pearl for each Clear Sky award you earn with a tier 10 IJN DD (random battle only) :trollface:

Turkey, you say...? It's no joke!

Guards we move.

A list or nicknames in World of Warships http://tvtropes.org/...WorldOfWarships

IKU19 #192 Posted 26 May 2016 - 02:12 AM

Captain

• Beta Testers

View PostTedster_, on 25 May 2016 - 08:56 PM, said:

Oh they finally added Rampage to WoWs.

WarGaming, can I have Kitakami?

Wannabe-captain of NCC-1701-D

vakhnenko #193 Posted 26 May 2016 - 02:19 AM

Captain

• Beta Testers

View PostHerr_Reitz, on 25 May 2016 - 07:08 PM, said:

Go check iChase's video on the subject

iChase is not a reliable source. If he says stuff that's obviously wrong even about things that are very easy to check in-game (e.g. his claim that DF consumable affects just DP AA guns) -- why would I ever trust him when it comes to something this nuanced?

View Postoz_boater, on 25 May 2016 - 10:34 PM, said:

What the tool tip actually says is "-7% to dispersion of main battery shells"

I know it's 7%. I'm asking whether 7% reduction is applied to horizontal axis of the dispersion ellipse (as the game client seems to suggest), or to the area of the dispersion ellipse (as some of the devs claimed on the RU forum). It's not a huge deal, but I just want to understand dispersion mechanics as well as I can. See, if 7% reduction is applied to the area of the dispersion ellipse, then FCS 1 is nearly useless.

Spoiler

Pulicat #194 Posted 26 May 2016 - 02:36 AM

Commander

• Members

View PostCruiser_Zao, on 25 May 2016 - 07:42 AM, said:

So is the Type 93 mods torps on fubuki, kagero and shimikaze getting removed those notes on the 5.6 patch had me worried even though it didnt happen this patch it makes me put some doubt's on what your planning to do to them since you already nerfed them a hellva lot already to remove those torps is to kill the IJN DD line so my question is Will they get removed in the future or not and if so why do so?

They never intended to do those changes to IJN DD, the information just accidently got into the patch notes. It was removed not because they retracted the change due to feedback, but because it was never meant to be there.

Ranked Season 5: Rank 1 with 69% winrate.

oz_boater #195 Posted 26 May 2016 - 04:23 AM

Chief Petty Officer

• Members

And one more

Smoke, depiction of:

- The smoke circles mod was splendid, are there any plans to give us something like that (as an interface option for those who don't like them) while the issues with doing smoke really well are resolved?

Thanks again

Oz

Richard Simpson,
Skipper: USS Alabama, Sydney Battle Squadron, Australian Battle Group (videos)

(1/144th scale warships (4 to 6 feet long), armed with CO2 powered cannon firing 1/4" steel ball bearings at 150km/h, sinking each other on ponds across Australia) 

My photos of the scuttling of a FFG-7 frigate, the ex "HMAS Adelade" (click on any of the thumbs to enlarge)

Rather hopeless at "World of Warships" but slowly getting better

Chobittsu #196 Posted 26 May 2016 - 04:39 AM

Lieutenant Junior Grade

• Beta Testers

Will we be getting Mikasa as an event ship or premium-shop special for the anniversary of the Battle of Tsushima? (That's tomorrow by the way)
Also, how much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?

CorgiFleet_33 - Dec 18, 2016    -    Corgi_Fleet_71 - Feb 17, 2017
(Disclaimer: Isn't French, I just really like the Dunkerque and am pretty hyped for the Marine Nationale)

LT_Rusty_SWO #197 Posted 26 May 2016 - 05:14 AM

Seaman

• Members

View PostChobittsu, on 26 May 2016 - 04:39 AM, said:

Also, how much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?

42, assuming a spherical woodchuck in an ideal vacuum.

Dabba #198 Posted 26 May 2016 - 05:57 AM

Ensign

• Alpha Tester

Hello devs.

What are we going to do about this?

Baltimore seems very neglected since her glory days in alpha/beta. Can she get some love?

Sincerely, 

Someone who misses the old Baltimore. 

Gandariel #199 Posted 26 May 2016 - 09:02 AM

Warrant Officer

• Beta Testers

Today after WG implemented more premiums to tech tree i find wonderfull looking those premium ships event those what i dont buy.

My sugestion: it on some plan add to tech tree all premium ships / even they dont  be able to purchase/ just for watch it?  becauuse some of ships i saw first time /for example molotov and michail look great and it show how much desinger hours was spend. /but maybe its because other tech tree is black and white and premium ships tech tree is colour but its still awsome to look at that ships.

Or marketing plan is you dont pay you dont play and even look on that ?

Edited by Gandariel, 26 May 2016 - 09:03 AM.

Mikebello #200 Posted 26 May 2016 - 12:08 PM

Master Chief Petty Officer

• Members

I only play pve. 2 questions: why ALL bot ship have DD hate and follow them all the game and  do not event shoot at near enemy? Sometimes became a comical battle.

Why we pve players get a lot less money but pay full repair? I am OK with less XP.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users