Questions for the Dev Team? Ask Here!

Community Summit

• Please log in to reply
378 replies to this topic

Narmor #361 Posted 13 December 2016 - 03:50 AM

Petty Officer

• Beta Testers

Why did you so thoroughly trash IJN DDs?
2r2cep3.png

sasquatch_research #362 Posted 13 December 2016 - 06:31 AM

Seaman

• Members

Hey

With Patches 5.14 (which I sat out due to economy concerns) and patch 5.15.  What exactly did you do to the BB's concerning acceleration speeds, turret rotation speed and shell damage; because my Tier 7 Gneisenau seems like it's been cut way back to the point of castrated, especially turret rotation speed, and I have mine upgraded. I would hate to see what a new ship would feel like.  So what have been the overall reductions in the various ships, esp. the BB's?  Please reply!  Thanks.

Pete 

PS:  The Capt. XP points for upgrade is now 74,000 for my Tier 7 Gneisenau; has that been increased from previous patches?  I don't remember ever having to take so long for XP points on the Capt. upgrades.  Thanks.

Edited by sasquatch_research, 13 December 2016 - 06:35 AM.

the_wall_of_steel_2015 #363 Posted 16 December 2016 - 01:26 AM

Seaman Recruit

• Members

Will there be an option for paying by google play gift cards?

sasquatch_research #364 Posted 17 December 2016 - 09:15 PM

Seaman

• Members

Hey,

Can we get answers, please?  Inquiring minds want to know.  Thanks.

Pete

OOM911 #365 Posted 19 December 2016 - 01:10 AM

Lieutenant Junior Grade

• Alpha Tester
  • In AlfaTesters

It's hard to pick just one question... I mean there are so many I would like to ask! I mean I could come up with 4 right now.

But since it's one question per person.

I think seeing as next year we are getting changes to CV's as well as a IJN Premium CV

Even though you can't tell us what the CV in question is... Are we looking at something low, mid, or high tier here?

Would also be nice to know if it's something we would recognize and not something you guys pulled out of some blueprints.

Anyway thx regardless!

I look forward to it whatever it is!

OdyseusPrime #366 Posted 19 December 2016 - 04:38 PM

Seaman Recruit

• Beta Testers

my question is simple since the redo of the IJN DD line ive had a permanent camo today i logged in and it says i have to spend 1000 gold on it when did this change and why? ty  it was on my T6 Fubuki

Edited by OdyseusPrime, 19 December 2016 - 04:42 PM.

Salen #367 Posted 19 December 2016 - 06:10 PM

Seaman

• Beta Testers

I have 2 questions:

1. Can the devs fix the Pensacola? It's a Citadel Magnet. How about just reducing the spotting for it?
  2. Royal Navy BBs When!

That's all.

Special_Kay #368 Posted 21 December 2016 - 02:06 AM

Captain

• Beta Testers

View PostSalen, on 19 December 2016 - 01:10 PM, said:

Can the devs fix the Pensacola? It's a Citadel Magnet. How about just reducing the spotting for it?

Have a look at this thread regarding the T7–9 USN cruisers.

An open letter to the so-called "sniping" battleships: if you're going to let softer teammates take your share of the enemy fire, you need to do their share of damage in addition to your own. Otherwise you aren't sniping—you are dead weight, and you're gambling that your teammates don't have enough other dead weight to carry that they can still carry you.
Learn how to quantify the effect of fire chance modifications!

Enable replays! You never know when you will discover a bug or witness someone exploiting or being abusive, and demonstrating it to WG staff is much more difficult without a replay.

Special_Kay #369 Posted 21 December 2016 - 02:07 AM

Captain

• Beta Testers

View PostOdyseusPrime, on 19 December 2016 - 11:38 AM, said:

my question is simple since the redo of the IJN DD line ive had a permanent camo today i logged in and it says i have to spend 1000 gold on it when did this change and why? ty  it was on my T6 Fubuki

Please have a look at this official post.

An open letter to the so-called "sniping" battleships: if you're going to let softer teammates take your share of the enemy fire, you need to do their share of damage in addition to your own. Otherwise you aren't sniping—you are dead weight, and you're gambling that your teammates don't have enough other dead weight to carry that they can still carry you.
Learn how to quantify the effect of fire chance modifications!

Enable replays! You never know when you will discover a bug or witness someone exploiting or being abusive, and demonstrating it to WG staff is much more difficult without a replay.

MrExNavy #370 Posted 02 January 2017 - 04:11 PM

Chief Petty Officer

• Beta Testers

This is not a big deal but it would help a lot of people or clans that run their own web sites. I can accomplish what I will talk about here by editing my own registry on my own pc but that would only help me and not do anything for our clan members or target audience. Here is what I would like to see the game do when it is installed or updated.

As many people know, when you install certain programs such as Team Speak, it creates a registry entry in your pc so that links and buttons can be created on your web site that will open Team Speak and bring you right into the TS server that you want it to open. I have several buttons and links on our clan site that will bring people right into our clan's Team Speak when they click the link or button. This is possible because when Team Speak is installed, it adds a registry entry on your pc that understands the code for creating TS 3 links and treats the new code just like a normal html link except it will only open Team Speak.

What would be nice is if Wargaming would do the same thing when any of their games are installed so that a link could be created that would open the game launcher when somebody clicks the link. Anybody that does not have the game installed could be taken to a link at any of the Wargaming sites specified by the person creating the link. For example, I could create a link or button that would open the WoWS launcher and if the person clicking the link did not have the game installed, I could then make it so they are taken to my invite link at Wargaming. This way it makes it easy for people to open the game right from our site and brings new people into the game that don't have it installed and get some pretty cool freebies as well for signing up using my invite link. Just an idea but a pretty good one.

Old salty dog. Ex Navy jet mech in VF-211 at NAS Miramar next to Top Gun and on-board the USS Constellation (CV-64) 76-81. Decorated for Shellback, Battle "E", Navy Sea Service and Cold War participant.

Radm_Doorman #371 Posted 02 January 2017 - 06:51 PM

Seaman Recruit

• Members

thank you for creating the game.. now fix the issues please...

i don't know who came up with the tiers and the hit points system but man the lines are so full of... (lets be nice) errors that historical accuracy is not part of the game.. and i for one play the game to battle in what are supposed to be semi accurate specifications.

here we go.. we will start at the bottom.. destroyers..

Destroyers do not carry many torpedo reloads, in fact torpedoes are large, heavy and bloody dangerous to store, warheads are not mounted till the torpedo is delivered to the ship.
most destroyers have aside from 1 set in the tubes only  half a reload, American and English destroyers often had no reloads at all .. so a destroyer launching salvo after salvo of torpedoes is.. wrong.

Cruisers.....us cruisers that did carry torpedo tubes (Atlanta, Omaha, early Northampton classes) did not have unlimited reloads.. usually only 1.. Japanese cruisers carried slightly more, but not an unlimited amount.

Battleships.... no battleships of ww2 vintage where designed to carry torpedoes.. the fact the Tirpitz and Scharnhorst had them was because they salvaged torpedo tubes from the 10 German destroyers sunk in the 2 battles for Narvik and from several cruisers.

Gneisenau never got her 15 inch guns, she was used as a block ship due to damage sustained in "The Channel Dash" and bombing of her dry dock.
ww1 era battleships carried SUBMERGED torpedo tubes and they where more dangerous to the ship itself then to an opponent.

Aircraft Carriers.... early conversions sometimes kept the torpedo tubes, but often they where just removed, main guns is something different.. i recently noticed gun turrets on the deck of the Lexington.. but they where the 5/38 dual turrets as found on the Atlanta class and most ww2 era us battleships.

WRONG... the turrets the Lex and Sara carried where 8 inch turrets, the same turrets as the dual's on the Salt Lake City /Pensacola heavy Cruisers.

during the battle i noticed my Fiji was able to outrun Lexington... uhm.. no.. Lexington has been clocked at over 33 knots .

almost done....

please fix the biased hit points issue, history tells us Kongo's had 8-9 inches of side armor, OK it was British plate and pretty good but in 1942 us 8 inch shells at the battle of Guadalcanal PENETRATED the plates..  and yet.. i saw my son battle his New Mexico against a Kongo and loose.. badly... like the us shells didn't explode or bounced off or the Kongo was given mythical powers.. OK New Mexico is not as fast as a Kongo and fires slower.. but New Mexico was designed as a battleship and had good thick armor.. unlike Kongo who was based on HMS Tiger and was designed as a fast battle cruiser.

i have noticed the unequal "powers" that favor  Japanese, German and Russian ships time after time, it has made me write this LONG posting about it all.

i am not a university educated naval Historian but warships of ww1 and 2  have been an interest of mine since i was a pre-teen and i have been collecting data for a long time.

i may not be the best gamer.. i don't have the best computer, and i don't read 1 book and think all in that book is true.

maybe reducing ammo/torpedoes is something for the higher tiers.. the expert fighters.. the people that have liquid food pumped in to them so they don't have to leave the keyboard.. who knows..

krijn

Elo_J_Fudpucker #372 Posted 02 January 2017 - 07:17 PM

Master Chief Petty Officer

• Members

(grovel , whimper)

May we please have the ability to save the details of the last few battles? 

​(prostrate begging)
Maybe change the system to save a local battle history file that can be accessed by a database/spreadsheet. Open Office format perhaps??

Happy New Year   here's a little ditty for the coders.. White Collar Hollar

Warships today
Xmas boxes = 19 different ships Emden(x2) Ishizuchi Marblehead Murmansk Arizona Molotov Anshan Indianapolis
Blyskawica Warspite Atlanta Sims Texas(x3) LoYang Nikolai Atago Tirpitz(x2) Gremaschchy Scharnhorst(x2)
+ + + Gold Camo FXP Flags PTime !!

Texas_Crusader #373 Posted 06 January 2017 - 09:15 PM

Seaman Recruit

• Members

I know that a PT boat is not a destroyer but, was wondering if there was a possibility that jfk's PT-109 might be considered for a premium maybe in the destroyer class?

xWulffx #374 Posted 11 January 2017 - 03:41 AM

Seaman

• Beta Testers

Not necessarily a question but a suggestion ... Did the Dev team or would they consider making Radio Detection Finding as a timed consumable obtainable by selecting it as a captains perk?

ARandomClaymore #375 Posted 11 January 2017 - 02:25 PM

Petty Officer

• Members

Will WG be disclosing on how they have changed the :bot: mechanics in co-op? Meaning: addressing :bots: firing torps into real players, resulting in a TK that then allows the match to be lost? Happened again to me today. What about torps after death, increased :bot: accuracy that results in more damage received? Or, the ability to dodge torps at near blank range? I really enjoyed watching a TX dodge a volley of torps broadside at under 3km out.

Since 5.12 the mechanics has changed significantly and not for the better. Many times I have been bow on against my doppelganger (exchanging volley for volley) only to receive more damage than what I deal. I always love doing 726 damage while the bots scores 2k+ (or more).

What about increasing the 'load in' time for battles, so as not to have 7 bots on my team and I'm the only real person. Playing when the player base is 3,500-4,500 makes me cringe when I hit battle. I'd rather wait longer for a full team than load in with one other guy and 6 :bots:.

What about :bots: insta-detecting torps and incoming shells?

What about taking incoming fire before I'm even detected by ship or plane?

Not saying make co-op easier, but come on, there is some major [edited ]in matches I have been in. Other players have noticed this as well.

Edited by ARandomClaymore, 11 January 2017 - 02:27 PM.

USMCGal #376 Posted 11 January 2017 - 06:54 PM

Petty Officer

• Members

View PostARandomClaymore, on 11 January 2017 - 09:25 AM, said:

Will WG be disclosing on how they have changed the :bot: mechanics in co-op? Meaning: addressing :bots: firing torps into real players, resulting in a TK that then allows the match to be lost? Happened again to me today. What about torps after death, increased :bot: accuracy that results in more damage received? Or, the ability to dodge torps at near blank range? I really enjoyed watching a TX dodge a volley of torps broadside at under 3km out.

Since 5.12 the mechanics has changed significantly and not for the better. Many times I have been bow on against my doppelganger (exchanging volley for volley) only to receive more damage than what I deal. I always love doing 726 damage while the bots scores 2k+ (or more).

What about increasing the 'load in' time for battles, so as not to have 7 bots on my team and I'm the only real person. Playing when the player base is 3,500-4,500 makes me cringe when I hit battle. I'd rather wait longer for a full team than load in with one other guy and 6 :bots:.

What about :bots: insta-detecting torps and incoming shells?

What about taking incoming fire before I'm even detected by ship or plane?

Not saying make co-op easier, but come on, there is some major [edited ]in matches I have been in. Other players have noticed this as well.

I can add to this list as well...

• Bots firing all of their torps without having to be in arc to do so. What was one torpedo spread is now a double spread. Both at the same speed too. And they never turned their ship to launch them. Like we have to do...
  • Bots firing all their torps upon death.
  • My ship not being allowed to fire all of my torps even though I can hear the action take place but they are never in the water, then I'm insta dead.
  • stock player ships going up against fully modded bot ships, this includes CV's too.
  • I was torping a Scharnhorst at less than 3 km with my Scharnhorst and only one torp hit. I reverse torped him with both sets.
  • Shell arcs still hitting you even though you are turning out of them.
  • Nerfing the cruiser and BB turning speeds so we are unable to turn out of a set of torps. Where before I could do this in my cruisers at least and have half a chance to do so in my bb's.
  • Shells hitting a brand new BB one with a Pen that should have done 33% damage but did nothing and the bot still had no damage to it.

A list of known UI bugs that still need to be fixed-

• The turn A & D keys are not engaging. I've gone through 3 keyboards on this alone. It is not the keyboards!
  • When I drop speed 1 notch in a BB I get dumped to below 3/4 speed and the ship has to then recover just to regain 3/4 speed. Can you please explain this?
  • The overall game play is slow now. Has the game speed been slowed?
    • I.e. had a bot Colorado out run a Player Colorado
    • Have had bot cruisers out run my cruisers etc...

I would hope to see over all some response to the bug problems that have been plaguing the game and users before more upgrades and fancy graphics or changed sounds are considered. The game is large enough and doesn't need flames on the screen or music playing for it to be enjoyable and fun. Please stop adding to the bloat ware of the game client and start fixing the problems at hand. Please?

Out of every 100 men, ten shouldn't even be there, Eighty are just targets, Nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle.

Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back.

Hericletus, circa 500 BC

Rubba_dub_dub #377 Posted 12 January 2017 - 01:10 AM

Seaman Recruit

• Members

View Postdb4100, on 19 November 2016 - 03:12 AM, said:

About the super containers:  What are the odds of getting a super container when gambling and not gambling?

I am also curious about the odds, but have not seen an answer yet.  It's no big deal, but I am on my 38th attempt at rolling the dice without scoring a super container.

faulsamuel4 #378 Posted 17 January 2017 - 02:36 AM

Seaman

• Members

is there a way to fix accidental purchase of premium camo on nonprenium ships, like per say a premium camo on a Bismark and Frederick der Große?

In Training

No Chill Gamers

"Amish"

Toxicity Level- 1

Radm_Doorman #379 Posted 17 January 2017 - 03:15 AM

Seaman Recruit

• Members

there are a lot of things that need fixing.. i complain about the biased hits and capabilities between allied and axis ships.. and i dare to say openly that i feel the game is taking a dive for the worst, every update that takes away something from a ship with "mythical powers" also takes things away from ships that have been under-scaled IE  don't have the capabilities they did have.

i have mentioned it before and will say so again.. lady's/gent's  developers get the historical facts right and do something about the endless reloads of torpedoes. limit the ammunition of higher tiers to realistic amounts  no battleship carried 12000 rounds of 11/12/14/15/16/18/20 inch ammo, no cruiser carried thousands of rounds of main gun ammo. and destroyers.. think 300 rounds per gun, large ones maybe up to 500 per gun.

i like the game and will play it a while longer but i hate having to dodge salvo after salvo after salvo after salvo of torpedoes from a destroyer i can't see.. or can't hit  because somehow my 12 6 inch guns on my Fiji are unable to hit an akizuki 10 km away  while there are splashes all around the ship.. in some co-op battles  the 15  guns on the cruisers of me and my son where unable at 5km distance to hit a destroyer.. splashes all around.. but no hits that caused damage.

eventually the destroyer sank both of us .. with hits of guns and torpedoes, our combined 14 hits had done only 3 k damage..  seriously ??

fix it please, make ships like they are supposed to be, fragile and ready to explode.

also ships that suffer engine damage for example.. this lasts 20 seconds ???  if that was the case of the real Bismarck and Yamato they would probably both have survived the year of their doom and caused a lot more worries and possibly the construction of the Lion and Montana classes.

Krijn

PS bring in the "cruiser killer"  Hr Ms Eendracht .. the never build dutch Battle-cruiser.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users