• Please log in to reply
394 replies to this topic

Quemapueblos #1 Posted 16 May 2016 - 10:09 PM

Producer

• Developers
  • Administrator
    Alpha Tester

Ahoy Captains!

I am traveling to Saint Petersburg once again but this time with a different purpose than usual. Next week, the WoWS Community teams from across the globe will all be in one place to discuss top questions/concerns from the community. I want to bring you all along on this trip as well by taking as many pictures as I can and keep you up to date in this thread and on twitter.

There will be many meetings of course but one of particular interest to you is our Q&A with the Development Team! There will be knowledgeable people from almost every department and role on the WOWS Development team so your questions can range from the very specific to the broad concepts. We will be recording this meeting and I will share the answers to your questions when I return!

I have a pile of good questions from the last few streams and Q&As I have done but here is your opportunity to ask all those pressing questions like:

• Technical Questions - How does X game mechanics interact with Y game mechanic? 
  • Logic/Rational - What is the reasoning by X change?
  • About the Team - What games inspired you to make WoWS?

Here are some of questions I've collected so far:

Spoiler

BUT I NEED MOAR! And I'm sure I didn't cover all the major burning questions. So please post questions you would like to ask the development team!

Panbun #2 Posted 16 May 2016 - 10:11 PM

Captain

• Supertester
  • Alpha Tester

Are there any plans to re-introduce the Kitakami?

Quemapueblos #3 Posted 16 May 2016 - 10:11 PM

Producer

• Developers
  • Administrator
    Alpha Tester

View PostFog_Cruiser_Australia, on 16 May 2016 - 02:11 PM, said:

Dang how did I forget to add that one to the list. Iku would be disappointed.

FratStar4Life #4 Posted 16 May 2016 - 10:14 PM

Ensign

• Supertester

When will clans and clan wars be implemented?

When does WG plan to introduce tournaments? 

When will season 1 of team battles end?

Does WG intend to fix the broken team battle queue times?

When does ranked season 4 begin?

Edited by FratStar4Life, 16 May 2016 - 10:14 PM.

NA:

​EU:

OverPowered Gaming [OPG] - Vice Admiral        

Fog_Cruiser_Chikuma #5 Posted 16 May 2016 - 10:14 PM

Lieutenant

• Beta Testers

View PostFog_Cruiser_Australia, on 16 May 2016 - 04:11 PM, said:

this. Is all I want to know dev team

I swear I'm better then this

https://na.warships....Cruiser_Chikuma

Billy_Sastard #6 Posted 16 May 2016 - 10:16 PM

Warrant Officer

• Members

This is a 2-in-1: Can we have an event calendar and where would the release of the German BBs fall on this "schedule"?

thepointofluck #7 Posted 16 May 2016 - 10:19 PM

Master Chief Petty Officer

• Members

Are their any plans to buff American CA's? They are the bottom performers in damage, win-rate and average kills for tier 7,8,9,and 10 among cruisers.

Edited by thepointofluck, 16 May 2016 - 10:20 PM.

Sinboto #8 Posted 16 May 2016 - 10:21 PM

Lieutenant Commander

• Supertester
  • Beta Testers

Haha the royal navy one, as much as I want to see it I know it's not soon. 

Two questions, With the April event as a base is it possible we could see underwater torpedos in the future? Also, what are the national flavours of some of the other nations lines going the be? (RN CVs, KMS BBs and the like)

Will battlecruisers one day be thier own line like the heavy and light cruisers will be? 

Also what's up with this?:

Spoiler

Edited by Sinboto, 16 May 2016 - 10:24 PM.

FATqxHx.gif

Lionel92 #9 Posted 16 May 2016 - 10:24 PM

Master Chief Petty Officer

• Beta Testers

We have 'Daily' missions,but their is nothing Daily about.. Sometimes I need to wait 65 hours to get a new mission. How will WG do this in the future? And will the mission dissapear after 24 hours if not completed?

Commander of [VOC] Dutch Pirates

~Qua Patet Orbis~  - As far as the World Extends

• Mostly plays battleships, especially high-tier and is excellent in them
    • Deals an above average amount of damage
    • Key vehicle - Iowa
    • Source: Warships.today

XavierNova #10 Posted 16 May 2016 - 10:26 PM

Lieutenant Commander

• Alpha Tester
  • In AlfaTesters
    Beta Testers

View PostQuemapueblos, on 16 May 2016 - 05:09 PM, said:

• ROYAL NAVY OR ELSE!!!

lol

None that I can think of right now. I will edit this when I do.

Edit: Got one. When do you expect that the in-game armor viewer will be available?

Edited by Fog_BattleshipWashington, 16 May 2016 - 11:22 PM.

My current fleet

RedSeaBear #11 Posted 16 May 2016 - 10:26 PM

Lieutenant Commander

• Members

Could we see a rework of the Captain Skill grind? My most played ship captain, 397 games played, is still a ways from getting its 15th point. The amount of time it takes get these skills seems to long. I don't think all the skill points should be available to a player with only a few games but getting 15 or even 16 points is to long of a grind.

A personal pet question, that will get shoot down by some here, would they be willing to buff the Marbleheads gun range and/or AA. She is a fun ship that is becoming more difficult to play in the current state of the game.  

~Admiral of the Sinksalot Fleet~

ʕ·ᴥ·ʔ

Hallo_Jihad_At_Me #12 Posted 16 May 2016 - 10:28 PM

Chief Petty Officer

• Alpha Tester

Will you show us all of the ships matchmaking weight?
  1. All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them. ~ Walt Disney
  2. If you wish to be a success in the world, promise everything, deliver nothing. ~ Napoleon Bonaparte
  3. Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts. ~ Winston Churchill
  4. Pursue one great decisive aim with force and determination. ~ Carl von Clausevitz

SeaRaptor00 #13 Posted 16 May 2016 - 10:29 PM

Lieutenant

• WoWS Wiki Editor
  • Members

• When are Ranked Battles returning, and in what form?
  • What is the future plan for Team Battles?  Will NA be able to get out of the Tier V-VI bracket for the next round of Team Battles?  Will there be rewards for participation (similar to how Ranked works)?
  • How has the Captain's Skill revamp worked out in the Dev Team's opinion?  Are there any skills that they feel are still underperforming?  (I assure you there are some that the community feels are, like Fire Prevention and Manual Secondaries.)
  • Is the German BB line still on schedule for an August release?  When can we expect to start seeing teasers?
  • Do they plan to introduce weather effects that affect gameplay - like the cyclone on North - on any other maps?
  • With Hipper's updated hull coming to the game soon, will we see Prinz Eugen in the premium store? ;)
  • Are there plans for supported, organized play in some form above Tier X?  We spend a lot of time working up to these ships, it would be awesome to use them in some kind of team or ranked battle environment.

Latest World of Warships Wiki Updates -- My Talk page -- My YouTube channel

"...interacting with CVs is just like getting cancer, not a thing you can do about it, you just have to hope you survive the experience."  --Taichunger

Acolyte of the Church of Hindenburg

Special_Kay #14 Posted 16 May 2016 - 10:36 PM

Captain

• Beta Testers

View PostSeaRaptor00, on 16 May 2016 - 06:29 PM, said:

• When are Ranked Battles returning, and in what form?
  • What is the future plan for Team Battles?  Will NA be able to get out of the Tier V-VI bracket for the next round of Team Battles?  Will there be rewards for participation (similar to how Ranked works)?

By the time Q gets back from Saint Petersburg, these questions should be answered via the 0.5.6 public test.

An open letter to the so-called "sniping" battleships: if you're going to let softer teammates take your share of the enemy fire, you need to do their share of damage in addition to your own. Otherwise you aren't sniping—you are dead weight, and you're gambling that your teammates don't have enough other dead weight to carry that they can still carry you.
Learn how to quantify the effect of fire chance modifications!

Enable replays! You never know when you will discover a bug or witness someone exploiting or being abusive, and demonstrating it to WG staff is much more difficult without a replay.

MajorRenegade #15 Posted 16 May 2016 - 10:37 PM

Admiral

• Alpha Tester
  • In AlfaTesters
    Beta Testers

• We need a working depot where we can sell our old modules as we upgrade our ships. If we can sell them like in world of tanks. It will make it easier to buy upgrades or modules if you're short on credits. will this get added?

• When do we expect to see German Battleships?

• When do we expect to have a Clan system in the game?

• When do we expect to see anything of the Royal Navy beside Warspite?

• Is it possible to see a set of personal missions in World of Warships, just like World of tanks do?

• When will tirpitz get added permanently to the NA premium shop, along with other ships like Warspite and Kutuzov?

• Will we get more mountable upgrades in the future?

• Are there plans to add more Commander skills?

• when is accelerate crew training gonna to be added? this been asked countless times, why so late?

• Will we ever to be able to mount more the 1 special flags(beta, military contributor, ranks reward flags, ete)??

>Major Collection of Mods<<
   >>Join [ERN] Equestrian Royal Navy Today<<  http://ernavy.enjin.com

Carrier_Ikoma #16 Posted 16 May 2016 - 10:37 PM

Lieutenant Commander

• Beta Testers

Are there any near-future plans to buff or rework CVs? If so, would it be possible to share any sort of approximate timeline or details?

The Balance devs are seeking

supersix15 #17 Posted 16 May 2016 - 10:38 PM

Petty Officer

• Members

What is the status of German BBs and the Royal navy?

What other content can we look forward too in 2016?

Any teases for future premium ships?

Will there be any premium German ships?

Could we have another developer diary's for the rest of 2016? ( I really enjoyed the teaser for 2016)

Shore battery's for certain caps?

Any thoughts on Assisted firefighting? Maybe a consumable or a captains skill where a DD or CA can pull close to a capital ship and help extinguish flames? Just reduce the clock for burn time?

Lastly, Tirpitz, North American, please? 

Edited by supersix15, 17 May 2016 - 01:48 PM.

Port Registry. USN/ Des Moines - Montana - Gearing - Lexington     KM/ Hindenberg - Kurfurs    IJN/ Zao - Yamato - Shokaku - Shima- RSN/ Moskva  - Khabarovsk  RN/ Neptune Premium  Atlanta - Saipan - Texas  - Indianapolis - Murmansk - Aurora - Mikhail Kutuzov - Atago - Ishizuchi - Tirpitz -Scharnhorst - Campbeltown-- Warspite - Błyskawica - Mikasa - Nikolia - Belfast - Smith 

Macabe #18 Posted 16 May 2016 - 10:41 PM

Fleet Admiral

• Supertest Coordinator
  • Members
    Alpha Tester
    In AlfaTesters
    Beta Testers
    Supertester

Detailed description of fire mechanics

Are fire mechanics as they stand fine? or are there plans to rework then? As it stands you can repair 4 fires on your ship just get lit by 4 fires again which is a guaranteed death sentence. It just seems like a very unskilled rng based mechanic that is more rage-inducing than anything else.

Would it be possible to get a tentative development plan/calender?

Fleet of Fog Commander

Supremacy League Admin and Head Referee

Self-Proclaimed Forum Mascot

World of Warships Forum Cat. Pet at own risk.

Special_Kay #19 Posted 16 May 2016 - 10:41 PM

Captain

• Beta Testers

AA Guns Modification 1, Secondary Battery Modification 1:

Which of these effects DP guns, if not both? In cases where a ship's secondary battery is dual purpose, is it possible for the module to be rendered inoperable in one role but remain functioning in the other, whether by virtue of these upgrades or otherwise?

Relatedly, what does the reduced risk of "becoming incapacitated" mean, precisely? 20% more module hitpoints, a 20% saving throw against module incapacitation, a -20% scaling coefficient elsewhere in the formula?

Edit: LittleWhiteMouse says this merely increases module hitpoints by 20%.

Edited by Special_Kay, 16 May 2016 - 11:33 PM.

An open letter to the so-called "sniping" battleships: if you're going to let softer teammates take your share of the enemy fire, you need to do their share of damage in addition to your own. Otherwise you aren't sniping—you are dead weight, and you're gambling that your teammates don't have enough other dead weight to carry that they can still carry you.
Learn how to quantify the effect of fire chance modifications!

Enable replays! You never know when you will discover a bug or witness someone exploiting or being abusive, and demonstrating it to WG staff is much more difficult without a replay.

SkywhaleExpress #20 Posted 16 May 2016 - 10:43 PM

Warrant Officer

• Alpha Tester

a) What was the reasoning behind choosing to penalize self-defense TK's against an already flagged TKer when the pink TKer should get the penalty?

b) Is there going to be a change to the Team Damage mechanics that makes accidental torpedo tk's less unforgiving?

c) Is there going to be a change to the Team Damage mechanics that makes it so that a pink person can do absolutely zero friendly damage off the bat? I feel that this one change would make for an environment where we don't feel the need to defend ourselves, because only enemy fire can kill us.

2. Would WoWS ever consider making friendly damage completely irrelevant like they did in WoWP with friendly rockets and bombs? At least in this way, you can't have teamkillers at all?

NDA means just that... NON-DISCLOSURE. Don't ask me about Alpha/CBT.

Eitilt ar aerárthach ionsaí Is cosúil ag eitilt cónra.
Roicéid ... An Cothromóir mór.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users