How to Control your Win Rate

• Please log in to reply
229 replies to this topic

1Sherman #21 Posted 04 April 2016 - 09:07 PM

Commander

• Alpha Tester

Long story short: Git Gud.

"To defeat an enemy you must know them. Not simply their battle tactics, but their history, philosophy, art."

"War. It's all you've ever known, isn't it? You were so young when you survived the Clone War. No wonder you're as equipped in spirit to fight as well as you do. War is, in your blood. I study the art of war, work to perfect it. But you, you were forged by it.

"Everything leading up to this moment has been rehearsal. The real performance is about to begin. I'm counting on it."

"They revealed their meager defenses. Now we will crush them."

"I'm not accepting surrenders at this time. I want you to know failure, utter defeat, and that it is I who delivers it crashing down upon you. Now. let us proceed."

QinsCoCoPops #22 Posted 04 April 2016 - 09:10 PM

Chief Petty Officer

• Beta Testers

you should try to do everything your saying but even then this game isn't designed so one person can carry a team in any of the ships it isn't world of tanks. You can play a large role but if half your team is dead before you kill 1 enemy the ships in the game just aren't as comparatively strong as the tanks in WOT. Watch Flamu's videos on YouTube of his live streams he has big influences on games like all above average and really good layers do but even he can't carry in this game like he could if he was as good in WOT.

My point is you will still lose more often then if you play as well in WOT but you will still have a good Win rate.

Edited by Noobeecon, 04 April 2016 - 09:16 PM.

Pulicat #23 Posted 04 April 2016 - 09:15 PM

Commander

• Members

View PostXannari, on 04 April 2016 - 01:54 PM, said:

This would be a definite +1 and recommendation from me to anyone, if this were about any other MOBA. Unfortunately, none of the traditional design choices of any other MOBA, with the exception of maybe Smite, aren't present in World of Warships, and there is an unbreakable fundamental limitation that ultimately controls every aspect of combat you perform in [we all know what it is], and as much as everyone would hate to believe, myself included, there is nothing you can do about it. As I have said before, and once again, as much as no one would like to believe, there are some things that are impossible to do.

Very good read though. I'd definitely vouch for it's application in other games. 9/10.

RNG is universal, ship performance is universal. The variable of player performance is their skill, and it is where it allows some so succeed where others do not. I doubt you will ever come to understand that, and will always believe that these 'hindering factors' are always picking on you, and that is why you do poorly.

The facepalm value of your posts will always amuse me, and the way you dig your heels to hold your terrible notions about this game make me smile. May your arrogance live on forever.

Lord_Fenixkar #24 Posted 04 April 2016 - 09:15 PM

Petty Officer

• Members

+1 

Mouse speaks the truth :medal:

Merc85 #25 Posted 04 April 2016 - 09:16 PM

Ensign

• Beta Testers

Great post LWM......well done.  :great:

BelgaraththeSorcerer #26 Posted 04 April 2016 - 09:22 PM

Lieutenant Commander

• Members

Great job LWM, another great write up that everyone should read :medal:

ReflectionTrial #27 Posted 04 April 2016 - 09:26 PM

Warrant Officer

• Members

dont play tier VIII, +75% you are bottom tier against tons of tier X, and in there, yeah you are in a HUGE disadvantage... the rest, try to play well, and imagine your team is made of monkeys.

btw, when ranked starts?

Edited by ReflectionTrial, 04 April 2016 - 09:26 PM.

As above so below, as within so without, as the universe so the soul

Xannari #28 Posted 04 April 2016 - 09:32 PM

Lieutenant Junior Grade

• Members

View PostPulicat, on 04 April 2016 - 04:15 PM, said:

RNG is universal, ship performance is universal. The variable of player performance is their skill, and it is where it allows some so succeed where others do not. I doubt you will ever come to understand that, and will always believe that these 'hindering factors' are always picking on you, and that is why you do poorly.

The facepalm value of your posts will always amuse me, and the way you dig your heels to hold your terrible notions about this game make me smile. May your arrogance live on forever.

So you do not accept fact. Fine. Be that way. The filters will still be there. Some you can break with skill and knowledge, but there are fundamental and anatomical limitations that you, nor I, nor anyone can break, and nothing you, I, or anyone says is going to change that unless these fundamental limitations stop existing.

You can outplay one person, you can outplay another, then you come up to someone you should outplay, but didn't, even though you did everything right and your opponent did everything wrong. That's the unbreakable barrier at work. That's what makes impossible situations more bendable. That said, anatomical limitations are the compensating factor. There will exist some times where you cannot win, like it or not. There are situations where it is literally impossible, in every conceivable scenario, where you come out on top, as much as you, I, or anyone else would like to believe otherwise.

No one ever thought, and for good reason, "oh yeah, my single 9mm glock can take down that space faring battlecruiser if I play my cards right!" This situation, although not quite as extreme, is otherwise no different. You have to know the limits that you posses, and be aware that there are situations where you cannot come out on top.

Choose not to accept that, whatever. It will always be there, and I will always be here seeing the truth that you cannot. That's not arrogance; it's recognition and acceptance.

Edited by Xannari, 04 April 2016 - 09:33 PM.

Here, you can find the rationally expected ranges of damage a type of ship across a tier range is capable of, as well as what to expect from me in game. As I calculate them, of course, because these take a really long time

My expected results per match     Damage ranges of tier X battleships

LordBenjamin #29 Posted 04 April 2016 - 09:39 PM

Warrant Officer

• Members

My only minor suggestion is with the discussion of conserving your HP and figuring how much a certain thing is worth in a HP value.    I don't fully disagree I'd have to say sometimes you have to look around at who's near you and say "Which one of us should is it best for our team that the enemy is firing at?"  and bully forward a bit if you're the healthy battleship.

Edited by LordBenjamin, 04 April 2016 - 09:39 PM.

LordBenjamin #30 Posted 04 April 2016 - 09:45 PM

Warrant Officer

• Members

View PostXannari, on 04 April 2016 - 03:32 PM, said:

You can outplay one person, you can outplay another, then you come up to someone you should outplay, but didn't, even though you did everything right and your opponent did everything wrong. That's the unbreakable barrier at work. That's what makes impossible situations more bendable. That said, anatomical limitations are the compensating factor. There will exist some times where you cannot win, like it or not. There are situations where it is literally impossible, in every conceivable scenario, where you come out on top, as much as you, I, or anyone else would like to believe otherwise.

Yeah, and by following Mouse's guide the number of battles you're unable to win per 100 will be reduced.

pmgaudio #31 Posted 04 April 2016 - 09:45 PM

Vice Admiral

• Members

LWM HITS WALKOFF HOMERUN, YET AGAIN......
Fantastic!!!

“Leave the gun....
Take the Cannoli”
  __Clemenza

:child:

Xannari #32 Posted 04 April 2016 - 09:53 PM

Lieutenant Junior Grade

• Members

View PostLordBenjamin, on 04 April 2016 - 04:45 PM, said:

Yeah, and by following Mouse's guide the number of battles you're unable to win per 100 will be reduced.

You, nor I, nor anyone gets to decide that. You can try your hardest to influence it, but at the end of the day, you aren't the deciding factor in how often you are on the winning team.

Edited by Xannari, 04 April 2016 - 11:27 PM.

Here, you can find the rationally expected ranges of damage a type of ship across a tier range is capable of, as well as what to expect from me in game. As I calculate them, of course, because these take a really long time

My expected results per match     Damage ranges of tier X battleships

MadCaptain_2016 #33 Posted 04 April 2016 - 10:00 PM

Ensign

• Members

View PostReflectionTrial, on 04 April 2016 - 09:26 PM, said:

dont play tier VIII, +75% you are bottom tier against tons of tier X, and in there, yeah you are in a HUGE disadvantage... the rest, try to play well, and imagine your team is made of monkeys.

btw, when ranked starts?

How will I ever get to tier IX or X without passing through tier VIII?

Koschka #34 Posted 04 April 2016 - 10:05 PM

Warrant Officer

• Members

View PostMadCaptain_2016, on 04 April 2016 - 05:00 PM, said:

Magic... or you could use your wallet and spend money and free xp your way past them. But me personally I am enjoying my tier 8's.

ReflectionTrial #35 Posted 04 April 2016 - 10:18 PM

Warrant Officer

• Members

View PostMadCaptain_2016, on 04 April 2016 - 07:00 PM, said:

he is talking about high win rate, not going up tier.
As above so below, as within so without, as the universe so the soul

Wo_9 #36 Posted 04 April 2016 - 10:30 PM

Captain

• Supertester
  • In AlfaTesters
    Beta Testers

this is why im proud of 3k Iowa games and 700 Essex games :> 

Missouri, Get!

TY Rolkasa for the Sig     

Slick201 #37 Posted 04 April 2016 - 10:58 PM

Master Chief Petty Officer

• Members

From someone that has been struggling for weeks; 

Thank you LWM, I'll adopt your philosophy and see how it works for me.

StLouis - Karlsruhe - Königsberg - Nürnberg - Yorck - Admiral Hipper - nig - Bayern - Gneisenau - Bismarck - Roon

http://www.taskforce16.us/home

JollyRoger6969 #38 Posted 04 April 2016 - 11:00 PM

Ensign

• Supertester
  • Alpha Tester
    In AlfaTesters

ST approved.

Good one mate.

Making this required reading in my fleets academy.

Nhi_Vanye #39 Posted 04 April 2016 - 11:12 PM

Warrant Officer

• Members

Another brilliant writeup LWM!  It is invaluable for anyone who has the wisdom and humility to accept your key message.  I have been following a plan similar to this (only playing one type of ship, BB, focusing on my mistakes, and how I can improve, constantly questioning my play and observing the results in my stats) for about a month, and the improvement has been phenomenal.  I will now go to your play one ship only for a while to try to take it to the next level (OK, I will probably play a little more than one ship so I can earn some credits, etc).  I really appreciate the effort that you make to improve the game for newer players.  You have helped me tremendously, and I eagerly await your posts so that I can learn some more.  Thank you for all of your efforts, and keep the wisdom flowing!:medal:

"There seems to be something wrong with our bloody ships today" - Vice Admiral Sir David Beatty

Pekedog #40 Posted 05 April 2016 - 12:40 AM

Seaman

• Members

Hmmmm...  Some of this I like, especially the guide on how to get better. But carrying a team or rather Lone Rangering it I don't agree with.  It probably works stats wise though

Also, not sure that I agree that putting a round on target ( a red one mind you) can't be anything but a good thing

I have a number of ships and I run them all, each trying to fulfill their respective roles.  Trying to get better but my win rate shows I could benefit from some of LWM's guide

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users