What's the best destroyer in each tier?

• Please log in to reply
53 replies to this topic

tmGrunty #41 Posted 29 April 2017 - 01:37 PM

Petty Officer

• Members

View Postcommodore_torakula, on 29 April 2017 - 08:49 AM, said:

for my money:  t1 thru t3 don't really care. ...I feel like I'm slumming in those tiers. ...

T4  Isokaze

T5 Minekaze  

T6 Fubuki

T7 tough call...but it's the Minsk because like all the Russians, it goes hell bent for leather--48kts in the video breeze with the Sierra Mikes up and the boost, and those quick torps will definitely eff u up if i survive long enough to get within 4km...and the guns reload quickly.

T8 Kagero, but Benson is razor-close. ...more people like the Benson for it's versatility but I do better in the Kag.

T9 I've never had a t9 I enjoyed, now sure why.

T10  Shimakze ...I hear tell about the old Shima, but even the way it is now it kills. ...15 torps at 70kts, no waiting. ...and it's the only IJN DD whose guns aren't purely decorative.

Just for the record. He asked for the best, not the worst DDs of each tier.

Jaaag #42 Posted 29 April 2017 - 08:17 PM

Seaman

• Members

For T10, I'd rate them in this order:

Z52

Khab

Groz (if there is a CV in game)

Shim

Gearing (radar ruined it)

commodore_torakula #43 Posted 29 April 2017 - 08:31 PM

Chief Petty Officer

• Members

SgtSllyC3 thank you for the insight on the Clemson's torp suite. ...I was dumbfounded to realize I'd never noticed that 12-torp load before. ...at T4 that settles the debate for me. ...and I haven't even doubled up the guns yet. ....I owe you a heartfelt thanks.
cya!

Landing_Skipper #44 Posted 30 April 2017 - 06:30 PM

Lieutenant Junior Grade

• Members

Zombie thread alert!
"Plan to be wrong about something." PRR (he knows who he is)

Seamus_44 #45 Posted 30 April 2017 - 09:41 PM

Master Chief Petty Officer

• Members

Khab is a killer gunboat, hands down. The Shima can put fish in the water, but taht's it's onl;y claim gto fame. The Gearing is tied with the Khab as my favorite. The Gearing can be set with 13.5 KM fish and stealth, plus rdf. It's an all around performer. The Khab is a  firestorm and so much fun to race around in. In the end it comes down to taste and play style. Local results will vary. BTW, if you really want to play T10 DDs, the premium paint is worth it.  

SgtSullyC3 #46 Posted 30 April 2017 - 10:15 PM

Ensign

• Members

View Postcommodore_torakula, on 29 April 2017 - 04:31 PM, said:

SgtSllyC3 thank you for the insight on the Clemson's torp suite. ...I was dumbfounded to realize I'd never noticed that 12-torp load before. ...at T4 that settles the debate for me. ...and I haven't even doubled up the guns yet. ....I owe you a heartfelt thanks.

NP, hope you enjoy it.

T1-3: Erie, Smith, Derski, G-101, Katori, St. Louis, Bogatyr, Friant, South Carolina

T4-6: Izyaslav, Clemson, Danae, Yūbari, Kaiser, Kamikaze, Königsberg, Omaha, Kongo, Bogue, Duca D'Aosta, Cleveland, Aoba, Perth, Ryujo

T7-9: Shiratsuyu, Sims, Mahan, Atlanta, Belfast (gift from YureiKuma), Ranger, Saipan, New Orleans, North Carolina, Alabama, Lexington, Iowa, Missouri

GoalsIJN: Hiryu, Mogami - USN: Benson, Baltimore, Essex - KMS: T-22, Gneisenau - HMS: Leander, Fiji - VMF: Podvoisky, Budyonny - MN: Duguay-Trouin, La Galissonnière

JochenHeiden #47 Posted 01 May 2017 - 02:36 AM

Warrant Officer

• Members

For Tier 9, it's a toss-up between the Udaloi and the Fletcher.  The Fletcher is a stealthy torpedo boat, and the Udaloi is a loud and in-your-face gunboat operating with near impunity in the wide open.

A super special thank you to Eric_Von_Hess for his incredibly generous gift of Mikhail Kutuzov!

|KRG| Kriegsmaschine - Prushn & JochenHeiden, division partners for life!

Please visit my Youtube page for exciting WOWS Battle Replays:   https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCouxqbVLTQRue1omZ-INlag

Umikami #48 Posted 01 May 2017 - 03:49 AM

Lieutenant Commander

• Beta Testers

View PostPete_Darling, on 26 December 2016 - 07:49 PM, said:

I like your statement and completely agree - I love Kamikaze R, Kagero and Yugumo but I also have Kiev, Mahan and Sims (and G-101 but I just started German DD's). Up to Farragut (which I kept for Ranked) I did pretty good in the USN DD's but I struggle with Mahan and Sims, I think part of problem with Sims is the flood of players getting Premium ships for Christmas that they probably don't belong in. What I did when I started playing DD's was start all 3 (now 4) lines and played the one I liked the most. That's why I have Yugumo but only have Kiev and Mahan, I played IJN the most. So as to your question, they all are good in the hands of the right player with the right play style. .

I am climbing the German DD line, it is interesting but the ships are all really different.

the 2 thru 4 tier ships are fun because of the unique torp configuration.

tier 5 struggles

so does tier 6, Gaede, until you get the 150's, then it becomes challenging

Maass, tier 7, is a lot of fun

(and that's as for as I've gotten cuz I'm a lazy scrub)

I find the German DD's play somewhere between Russian and USN DD's,

squishier than Russia's but better at range than the USN rainbow gun arcs.

Pete_Darling #49 Posted 09 May 2017 - 03:26 AM

• Members

View PostUmikami, on 01 May 2017 - 03:49 AM, said:

I am climbing the German DD line, it is interesting but the ships are all really different.

the 2 thru 4 tier ships are fun because of the unique torp configuration.

tier 5 struggles

so does tier 6, Gaede, until you get the 150's, then it becomes challenging

Maass, tier 7, is a lot of fun

(and that's as for as I've gotten cuz I'm a lazy scrub)

I find the German DD's play somewhere between Russian and USN DD's,

squishier than Russia's but better at range than the USN rainbow gun arcs.

Yea I'm in the same boat, no pun intended, I should be playing my V-170 but I keep jumping in Yugumo instead. I played the higher tier Germans in PT and I feel like they are more USN DD's with IJN guns (with Russian reload). 

If I had to start from scratch again I think I would start with the Germans even with as much as I love my IJN's. When I got thru the IJN line was back when they were all fun. Now I would hate to have to grind past tier 4 to tier 7, the Germans just feel more comfortable. USN are fun too but the guns are just so annoying.  

Jakajan #50 Posted 09 May 2017 - 06:03 AM

Ensign

• Members

Personally I'll go with.

T2 Tachibana
T3 german
T4 german
T5 okhotnik
T6 Shinbone
T7 Blyska or Sims
T8 Benson
T9 Z-46
T10 Z-52

Pete_Darling #51 Posted 09 May 2017 - 03:04 PM

• Members

View PostJakajan, on 09 May 2017 - 06:03 AM, said:

Personally I'll go with.

T2 Tachibana
T3 german
T4 german
T5 okhotnik
T6 Shinbone
T7 Blyska or Sims
T8 Benson
T9 Z-46
T10 Z-52

Need to leave Premiums out as not everyone will get one - I would go with these, but if I had to pick one straight line bottom to top I still think I would start with the German line.

T2 Tachibana (Cheap Premium) or V-25
T3 G-101 or Wickes
T4 V-170 Or Izokaze
T5 Nicholas
T6 Farragut
T7 Akatsuki or Maass
T8 Benson
T9 Z-46 or Yugumo
T10 Z-52

Edited by Pete_Darling, 09 May 2017 - 04:22 PM.

JochenHeiden #52 Posted 09 May 2017 - 07:09 PM

Warrant Officer

• Members

T2: V-25
T3: Wickes
T4: V-170
T5: Podvosky
T6: Gaede
T7: Maass
T8: Benson
T9: Three way tie between Fletcher/Udaloi/Z-46
T10: Three way tie between Grozevoi/Khabarovsk/Z-52

A super special thank you to Eric_Von_Hess for his incredibly generous gift of Mikhail Kutuzov!

|KRG| Kriegsmaschine - Prushn & JochenHeiden, division partners for life!

Please visit my Youtube page for exciting WOWS Battle Replays:   https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCouxqbVLTQRue1omZ-INlag

silverdahc #53 Posted 09 May 2017 - 11:09 PM

Chief Petty Officer

• Members

I just finished the German Destroyer line and I must say z46 and  z52 are a lot of fun the best I don't know maybe

"It is very hard to swim up hill."         

Mark Schlereth

Pete_Darling #54 Posted 09 May 2017 - 11:32 PM

• Members

View Postsilverdahc, on 09 May 2017 - 11:09 PM, said:

I just finished the German Destroyer line and I must say z46 and  z52 are a lot of fun the best I don't know maybe

The funny thing that I see is everyone has a different opinion of the best DD's and that just has to do with how you play DD's. For me my worst to best DD's are Russian, USN, German, IJN but I think that is just because I've played IJN DD's forever and haven't figured out the others. The IJN and Russian lines seem very technical, you make a mistake you do nothing or get wrecked, whereas USN and German seem forgiving. 

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users