Jump to content


[MOD] Kriegsmarine Mods & Skins - The Bismarck will soon be mine

skins historical kriegsmarine mod

  • Please log in to reply
257 replies to this topic

EdeIweisse #241 Posted 22 January 2017 - 10:59 PM

    Chief Petty Officer

  • Members

  • 168
  • Member since:
    11-01-2015

View Postdseehafer, on 22 January 2017 - 06:59 PM, said:

 

As far as I'm aware Spee does not use the same turret textures as Scharnhorst.

 

It does. 

dseehafer #242 Posted 22 January 2017 - 11:20 PM

    Rear Admiral

  • Beta Testers

  • 7,285
  • Member since:
    08-20-2012

View PostEdeIweisse, on 22 January 2017 - 04:59 PM, said:

 

It does. 

 

So the Scharnhorst and Gneisenau plaques have their own textures? Interesting.
CREATOR OF THE "A DETAILED LOOK AT" AND THE "WHAT'S THE DIFFERENCE??" SERIES!! 

KlnDiJZ.gif

"The whole strategy of the war turns at this period to this ship (the Tirpitz), which is holding four times the number of British capital ships paralyzed, to say nothing of the two new American battleships retained in the Atlantic."

- Winston Churchill

 


Jackiere #243 Posted 08 February 2017 - 01:00 AM

    Seaman Recruit

  • Beta Testers

  • 4
  • Member since:
    04-03-2015
Is there a way I can get the Prinz Eugen skins on my Admiral Hipper?

 


EdeIweisse #244 Posted 09 February 2017 - 02:23 AM

    Chief Petty Officer

  • Members

  • 168
  • Member since:
    11-01-2015

View PostJackiere, on 08 February 2017 - 01:00 AM, said:

Is there a way I can get the Prinz Eugen skins on my Admiral Hipper?

 

Unfortunately there's no way for the Prinz Eugen template to work with the Admiral Hipper. Admiral hipper uses two files for the hull and the upper superstructure; Prinz Eugen uses just one file for the entire thing. 

dseehafer #245 Posted 04 March 2017 - 03:21 AM

    Rear Admiral

  • Beta Testers

  • 7,285
  • Member since:
    08-20-2012
Any projects in the pipe?
CREATOR OF THE "A DETAILED LOOK AT" AND THE "WHAT'S THE DIFFERENCE??" SERIES!! 

KlnDiJZ.gif

"The whole strategy of the war turns at this period to this ship (the Tirpitz), which is holding four times the number of British capital ships paralyzed, to say nothing of the two new American battleships retained in the Atlantic."

- Winston Churchill

 


EdeIweisse #246 Posted 14 March 2017 - 12:27 AM

    Chief Petty Officer

  • Members

  • 168
  • Member since:
    11-01-2015

View Postdseehafer, on 04 March 2017 - 03:21 AM, said:

Any projects in the pipe?

 

I'm taking a bit of a break from World of Warships I'm afraid. That condottierri class has me interested though. We'll see what the future brings. 

dseehafer #247 Posted 14 March 2017 - 04:27 AM

    Rear Admiral

  • Beta Testers

  • 7,285
  • Member since:
    08-20-2012

View PostEdeIweisse, on 13 March 2017 - 06:27 PM, said:

 

I'm taking a bit of a break from World of Warships I'm afraid. That condottierri class has me interested though. We'll see what the future brings. 

 

Burnt-out I presume?

Edited by dseehafer, 14 March 2017 - 04:27 AM.

CREATOR OF THE "A DETAILED LOOK AT" AND THE "WHAT'S THE DIFFERENCE??" SERIES!! 

KlnDiJZ.gif

"The whole strategy of the war turns at this period to this ship (the Tirpitz), which is holding four times the number of British capital ships paralyzed, to say nothing of the two new American battleships retained in the Atlantic."

- Winston Churchill

 


EdeIweisse #248 Posted 19 March 2017 - 03:32 AM

    Chief Petty Officer

  • Members

  • 168
  • Member since:
    11-01-2015

View Postdseehafer, on 14 March 2017 - 04:27 AM, said:

 

Burnt-out I presume?

 

Not really. Just got a few new games so I've been playing those in my down time. Also I wanted to try making a skin for World of Tanks. 

 



dseehafer #249 Posted 19 March 2017 - 03:30 PM

    Rear Admiral

  • Beta Testers

  • 7,285
  • Member since:
    08-20-2012
.... Didntt know you could make skins for WOT. Then again I havnt actively played in about 2 years...
CREATOR OF THE "A DETAILED LOOK AT" AND THE "WHAT'S THE DIFFERENCE??" SERIES!! 

KlnDiJZ.gif

"The whole strategy of the war turns at this period to this ship (the Tirpitz), which is holding four times the number of British capital ships paralyzed, to say nothing of the two new American battleships retained in the Atlantic."

- Winston Churchill

 


wonglymark #250 Posted 09 May 2017 - 09:59 AM

    Seaman

  • Members

  • 14
  • Member since:
    08-09-2012

I might be incorrect, but it seems like there should be only one swastika in the bow side for the Hipper.

 

http://www.admiral-hipper-class.dk/admiral_hipper/paint_schemes/admiral_hipper_paint_schemes_1942.html

 


Edited by wonglymark, 09 May 2017 - 10:01 AM.


EdeIweisse #251 Posted 12 May 2017 - 01:20 PM

    Chief Petty Officer

  • Members

  • 168
  • Member since:
    11-01-2015

Flags Updated:

- Regia Marine flag added

 

View Postwonglymark, on 09 May 2017 - 09:59 AM, said:

I might be incorrect, but it seems like there should be only one swastika in the bow side for the Hipper.

 

http://www.admiral-hipper-class.dk/admiral_hipper/paint_schemes/admiral_hipper_paint_schemes_1942.html

 

 

My skin is based on Admiral Hipper's appearance from July 1942. According to German Naval Camouflage: Volume 2 1942-1945 (co-authored by the same guy who owns that site), Admiral Hipper had an aerial identification swastika on both forecastle and aftcastle. 



EdeIweisse #252 Posted 12 May 2017 - 02:27 PM

    Chief Petty Officer

  • Members

  • 168
  • Member since:
    11-01-2015

Flags Updated:

- Covers pretty much every nation (even the Polish)

- Updated the Kriegsmarine flag

- Only did one of the US flags because I don't know what's even going on there. Feel free to fill me in on your stars. 

- Not entirely sure whether these flags are even right but I'm sure someone will point out a problem if there is one.

- Does not include the chinese flags because I couldn't be bothered

- I was very tempted to leave the French flag blank. 

- The french flag has a blue part that is smaller than the white and red part. Wikipedia says that's right but I don't actually know.

- If someone gifts me the Italian Cruiser I'll make skins for it :3 (don't gift it to this account otherwise I'll be mad)

- I give Nier: Automata a 10/10

 

 

 

                           

 

                       

 



EdeIweisse #253 Posted 18 May 2017 - 10:38 AM

    Chief Petty Officer

  • Members

  • 168
  • Member since:
    11-01-2015

Flags Updated:

- Works with 0.6.5.0



EdeIweisse #254 Posted 26 May 2017 - 09:27 AM

    Chief Petty Officer

  • Members

  • 168
  • Member since:
    11-01-2015

Flags Updated:

- It's truly disturbing how often one must update this mod



EdeIweisse #255 Posted 26 May 2017 - 04:50 PM

    Chief Petty Officer

  • Members

  • 168
  • Member since:
    11-01-2015

I got enough free XP to buy the Leberecht Maass so I've been working on a quick skin for it since I'm taking a break from the Bismarck missions. 

 

It takes forever to replace the black tops of the German turrets.



EdeIweisse #256 Posted 26 May 2017 - 06:15 PM

    Chief Petty Officer

  • Members

  • 168
  • Member since:
    11-01-2015

Obviously Leberecht Maass isn't... well, Leberecht Maass. I started to make a skin for it and I was basing it off Theodor Riedel in 1944 but a couple things started to stand out. The profile of the smoke stacks are too tall and resemble the earlier configurations and the forward superstructure isn't quite as built up as the later configurations. Has Wargaming messed it up (wouldn't surprise me), is it based on a Zersteror 1934A or is this what Richard Beitzen looked like at the end of the war? I'm guessing it might be Richard Beitzen but the forward superstructure looks wrong. 

 

 

On a side note. If anyone has any good pictures of Richard Beitzen in 1944 onwards, I would really appreciate it if you would share them. (They have to be decent pictures I need to make a skin from it after all.)

 


PelicanHazard #257 Posted Yesterday, 10:25 PM

    Lieutenant Commander

  • Members

  • 2,385
  • Member since:
    07-08-2015

View PostEdeIweisse, on 12 May 2017 - 09:27 AM, said:

Flags Updated:

- Only did one of the US flags because I don't know what's even going on there. Feel free to fill me in on your stars. 

- Not entirely sure whether these flags are even right but I'm sure someone will point out a problem if there is one.

- The french flag has a blue part that is smaller than the white and red part. Wikipedia says that's right but I don't actually know.

 

I don't know if anyone got back to you about these, but I can:

 

-The US has multiple flags in the files because some of the low tier ships entered service before some western states were added, so the US flag had fewer stars. Chester, for instance, entered service while there were only 46 states, but two more were admitted to the Union (and thus raised the star count to 48) in 1912, so by the time we get up the tech tree to ships commissioned in the interbellum the flag was different, and the final two states were added after the war.

-Yes, it's correct the French flag has different proportions. The national flag is perfectly even but they decided the naval ensign would have screwy proportions, so the blue is the smallest band and the red the biggest. Supposedly it was done to make it look like the colors are even widths when the ship is moving, but I think it's because they're French.


Current Grind Progress: Shiratsuyu, Akatsuki, Myoko, Amagi, Hiryu, Essex, Udaloi, Tashkent, Shchors, Ernst Gaede, Bismarck, Roon, Fiji, Émile Bertin
Tier X: Gearing, Des Moines, Montana
Too many keepers to list

EdeIweisse #258 Posted Today, 10:56 AM

    Chief Petty Officer

  • Members

  • 168
  • Member since:
    11-01-2015

View PostPelicanHazard, on 27 May 2017 - 10:25 PM, said:

 

I don't know if anyone got back to you about these, but I can:

 

-The US has multiple flags in the files because some of the low tier ships entered service before some western states were added, so the US flag had fewer stars. Chester, for instance, entered service while there were only 46 states, but two more were admitted to the Union (and thus raised the star count to 48) in 1912, so by the time we get up the tech tree to ships commissioned in the interbellum the flag was different, and the final two states were added after the war.

-Yes, it's correct the French flag has different proportions. The national flag is perfectly even but they decided the naval ensign would have screwy proportions, so the blue is the smallest band and the red the biggest. Supposedly it was done to make it look like the colors are even widths when the ship is moving, but I think it's because they're French.

 

Thanks, I really appreciate the info. Are the other 2 flags used in game unlike the Reichsmarine and Kaiserliche Marine flags? Also, do you perhaps know anywhere I can find good graphics of those flags? Sort of like the ones you find on wikipedia? Finding the US flag was the hardest for some reason.





Also tagged with skins, historical, kriegsmarine, mod

9 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 9 guests, 0 anonymous users