Post your best games that were still soul-crushing defeats in DDs

defeatDD

• Please log in to reply
299 replies to this topic

Falls_USMC #41 Posted 21 November 2015 - 10:37 PM

Ensign

• Members

Welp, finally time for me to re-contribute to this thread. Stat-wise this wasn't a monster game, but more of what happened that made it soul-crushing. Starting on the North spawn of Two Brothers, my ENTIRE TEAM except for myself and a Sims go straight west and wind up in a clump north of the A cap, while the Sims and I head for D. The Sims charges in and is promptly ambushed and sunk by an Udaloi. Behind him, is a Fubuki, an Atago, a Pensacola and a Amagi. Versus me. I hightail it back towards our spawn with that speed demon Udaloi on my heels. Meanwhile I'm screaming for support and get one cruiser to come back and help, who is promptly sunk with a citadel hit. Great. So, for about 10 minutes I manage to bob and weave and hold off the entire enemy force at B basically by myself, planting two torps into the Udaloi, crippling the Fubuki with guns, and sinking the Pensacola. Finally my team comes back, but all too late. We end up losing because 10/12 ships wanted to just lemming train in one direction. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrr. 

Spoiler

Edited by Falls_USMC, 21 November 2015 - 10:38 PM.

Be Slow To Anger and Deliberate of Action. 

However, When Moved to Violence, Strike Hard and Win at all Costs.

Caucasian_Fury #42 Posted 26 November 2015 - 03:27 AM

Warrant Officer

• Members

Sigh.

Was last man standing, going to lose anyway even though I was sitting in cap since I was behind on cap points with New York trying to hunt me. Gave it my best shot, landed a couple of torps on NY but was a few K should of sinking it. 

Never give up. Never surrender.

Spoiler

Gene_Inari #43 Posted 26 November 2015 - 08:06 PM

Chief Petty Officer

• Members

High Caliber in Ranked while sailing a Gnevny. Still not enough to win.

Spoiler

Marttt1nek #44 Posted 27 November 2015 - 03:25 AM

Master Chief Petty Officer

• Members

Pretty much every game when I play a dd...

System_Anonymous #45 Posted 28 November 2015 - 05:53 PM

Seaman

• Members

I was able to 1 shot a full health Monty. O-yeah he got himself 10 dento'd flags....

Attached Files

• Attached File   shot-15.11.15_17.46.14-0040.jpg   73.72K

1015336687.png"People should not be unfamiliar with strategy, Those who understand it will survive, Those who do not understand it will perish"

System_Anonymous #46 Posted 28 November 2015 - 05:59 PM

Seaman

• Members

Ya win some, ya lose some. But all-in-all good matches and loads of laff's...

Attached Files

• Attached File   shot-15.11.18_22.46.26-0393.jpg   90.59K

Edited by CaptinGoodenHigh, 28 November 2015 - 06:00 PM.

1015336687.png"People should not be unfamiliar with strategy, Those who understand it will survive, Those who do not understand it will perish"

centarina #47 Posted 30 November 2015 - 02:04 AM

Rear Admiral

• Members

this is probably most point i got in losing side.   in fact I got higher point than highest in the winning team  :)    (two mutsukis rocked)   we would have won if time didn't run out.    I was ready to sink both CV's.

Posted Image

Posted Image

IJN: Mikasa,  Ichizuchi, Fuso, Amagi, Katori, kuma, Zao, Tachibana, KamikazeR, Shinonome, Shiratsuyu, Akizuki, Yugumo PA Anshan  

VFM: Aurora,Svietlana,  Murmansk, Budyonny, Chapayev, D.Donskoi, Ognevoi, Kiev, Tashkent, Udaloi, Khab  FRDougay T, Le Gal

USN:   New York, North Carolina,Phoenix,  Marblehead,  Indianapolis, Baltimore,  Farragut, Sims,Benson,Fletcher, Bogue    RN Leander, Edinburgh   

KM:  Konig Albert, Bayern, Graf Spee, Gneisenau, Bismarck, FDG, Emden, Karlsruhe  , Roon, Lib Maas         ARP: Kongo, Myoko, Haruna, Kirishima, Ashigara, Hiei, Haguro,  Nachi, Takao

Notser Certified Potato

StooperRasu #48 Posted 30 November 2015 - 08:31 PM

Petty Officer

• Beta Testers

This was a draw :(

SeaRaptor00 #49 Posted 01 December 2015 - 04:00 AM

Lieutenant

• WoWS Wiki Editor
  • Members

Spoiler

Latest World of Warships Wiki Updates -- My Talk page -- My YouTube channel

"Wiki editors do the Lord's work." --Pigeon_of_War @ WGNA

Acolyte of the Church of Hindenburg and Official Scrub of Task Force Apocalypse (Salt Queens)

Camo68 #50 Posted 02 December 2015 - 06:46 AM

Lieutenant

• Members

Spoiler

My Current Ships

SeaCaitiff #51 Posted 02 December 2015 - 06:56 PM

Petty Officer

• Members

No screen shot, but I had this happen the other night.

It was an Ocean map w/ 2 CVs on it and me in my Clemson.  I hate Ocean maps, as I am sure most DD captains do.   I decided to take a chance and see if I could sneak around and score a CV kill or two.  I made it to their back line, and was still about 7km from the nearest CA.  All of a sudden, one CA turns south, and I have no where to go.  I am spotted about the time I hit smoke, and take a bit of damage.   There are 2 CA's and a BB in the area, all in pristine condition.  (I don't remember what they were)

I wait a bit, trying to estimate where I think they are, and as I think smoke is about gone, I rush out in the direction of the CA that I last saw coming at me. 

He is where I guessed, and not too far away.   I launch 3 torps at him, and the BB is fairly close as well on the other side, so I launch 6 towards him.  They are pounding me, but I do get both (No Double strike though)   I go for the last CA, knowing I don't have long to live.  I see incoming shells, I am on fire (Already burned repair to fix Steering/Engines) and  know this is probably it.  I launch my 3 last torps.  I go down but I do get the "It's just a Flesh Wound" badge for my efforts.

I look up at the scoreboard, and in that time we have killed a total of 4 ships, and we have lost 6.  That was demoralizing.  I generally only get 1 kill on an Ocean map, and spend most my time spotting and dodging Sky Cancer.  Or I go for the CV and maybe get the CV and/or a BB before I am discovered and burned down.

I have had a loss when I have gotten 5 kills before, but this loss definitely hit me harder.

centarina #52 Posted 07 December 2015 - 04:45 AM

Rear Admiral

• Members

my best hatsuharu game and it was a loss.   12 freaking torpedo hits.  I need to upgrade my torps.  would have helped.     I did outgun the mahan.    

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by centarina, 07 December 2015 - 04:47 AM.

IJN: Mikasa,  Ichizuchi, Fuso, Amagi, Katori, kuma, Zao, Tachibana, KamikazeR, Shinonome, Shiratsuyu, Akizuki, Yugumo PA Anshan  

VFM: Aurora,Svietlana,  Murmansk, Budyonny, Chapayev, D.Donskoi, Ognevoi, Kiev, Tashkent, Udaloi, Khab  FRDougay T, Le Gal

USN:   New York, North Carolina,Phoenix,  Marblehead,  Indianapolis, Baltimore,  Farragut, Sims,Benson,Fletcher, Bogue    RN Leander, Edinburgh   

KM:  Konig Albert, Bayern, Graf Spee, Gneisenau, Bismarck, FDG, Emden, Karlsruhe  , Roon, Lib Maas         ARP: Kongo, Myoko, Haruna, Kirishima, Ashigara, Hiei, Haguro,  Nachi, Takao

Notser Certified Potato

SeaRaptor00 #53 Posted 08 December 2015 - 04:47 AM

Lieutenant

• WoWS Wiki Editor
  • Members

120,000+ damage in Benson... for a loss. =(

On the plus side, the torpedo run on the Nagato at 1.7km was a thing of beauty.  Island cover FTW.

Spoiler

Acolyte of the Church of Hindenburg and Official Scrub of Task Force Apocalypse (Salt Queens)

Falls_USMC #54 Posted 08 December 2015 - 04:58 AM

Ensign

• Members

Tough ones, boys. 

Raptor you've got my respect. Nagato secondaries are no joke. 

SeaRaptor00 #55 Posted 08 December 2015 - 02:41 PM

Lieutenant

• WoWS Wiki Editor
  • Members

View PostFalls_USMC, on 07 December 2015 - 10:58 PM, said:

Tough ones, boys. 

Raptor you've got my respect. Nagato secondaries are no joke. 

They certainly aren't.  I had a smidge over 2k HP going into that run, and in the approximately 7-8 seconds he had before eating a face full of torpedoes, I went down to 900 HP.  

tooboku #56 Posted 11 December 2015 - 05:37 AM

Ensign

• Members

So I didn't even realize I accumulated 155k XP on Fubuki... premium and still 7 million short for Kagero.

Grinding ranked for credits. It's a pain. I love Mutsuki but Tier VI is more frustrating than it is fun now that I've been playing with cruisers who know what they're doing.

Lost this one on points. It was 5 vs. 2. One of the dead guys sunk the Fuso I was grinding because flooding was fixed but not fire. Torped both DDs. Torped the Warspite and it was on fire when the game ended. The Aoba was about 1/3 health. My health was still green. Only thing was that I wasn't in a good position to cap. Oh well.

Spoiler

WWWWWWWWWWWVWWWWWWWWWWWW #57 Posted 12 December 2015 - 07:02 AM

Ensign

• Members

SeaRaptor00 #58 Posted 14 December 2015 - 06:56 PM

Lieutenant

• WoWS Wiki Editor
  • Members

That is awful, klatt.  =(

(Not you, your team, I mean.)

Destroyer_KuroshioKai #59 Posted 14 December 2015 - 11:31 PM

Master Chief Petty Officer

• Members

This one hurt more to lose because our team played a hell of a game.  Threedays played a hell of a game.  Earned every bit of that XP.  He got me coming out of smoke after finishing off a BB. 

That game you had was a kick in the balls Klatt.  Damn. 

Art work by Cruiser_SanFrancisco

“I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do.”
― Robert A. Heinlein

Falls_USMC #60 Posted 17 December 2015 - 12:28 AM

Ensign

• Members

This wasn't a good game. This was just soul crushing. I was immediately focused by a Midway with multiple DBs and torpedo bombers, and somehow a [edited]Yamato was able to land 5 shells on me from 15km. [edited]everything about this game right now. 

Oh and I had planes over me for a solid 3 minutes and even with AA defensive fire didn't shoot down a single [edited]one. wth. 

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users