USS Enterprise CV-6 Premium ship.

• Please log in to reply
68 replies to this topic

Poll: Enterprise (341 members have cast votes)

Should the Enterprise be in the gift shop and in game store for gold?

1. Yes (274 votes [80.35%])

Percentage of vote: 80.35%

2. No (23 votes [6.74%])

Percentage of vote: 6.74%

3. When other naveys are added. (44 votes [12.90%])

Percentage of vote: 12.90%

Vote Guests cannot vote Hide poll

locked_and_firing #41 Posted 07 October 2015 - 05:50 PM

Petty Officer

• Members

View Postmanavdharma, on 13 September 2015 - 06:33 PM, said:

Omg yes, I need that, It will suit me well since my Ship girl is Enterprise :c

Can you please explain to me the "ship girl" thing? I keep hearing about it but have no idea what it is.

StrikeTalon #42 Posted 10 October 2015 - 03:08 PM

Ensign

• Members

View Postlocked_and_firing, on 07 October 2015 - 12:50 PM, said:

Can you please explain to me the "ship girl" thing? I keep hearing about it but have no idea what it is.

Its an anime thing with an assortment of games and mangas

i.e. Kancolle, Kantai collection

aka Fleet girls

"The physical characteristics, appearances and personalities of each of the girls correlate in some way to the real-life vessel  of the WW2 genre."

So Ive read.

locked_and_firing #43 Posted 10 October 2015 - 03:59 PM

Petty Officer

• Members

View PostStrikeTalon, on 10 October 2015 - 09:08 AM, said:

Its an anime thing with an assortment of games and mangas

i.e. Kancolle, Kantai collection

aka Fleet girls

"The physical characteristics, appearances and personalities of each of the girls correlate in some way to the real-life vessel  of the WW2 genre."

So Ive read.

But how are they deciding what their girl is. I'm fully aware of the anime and love it, but idk how they are deciding that...

StrikeTalon #44 Posted 10 October 2015 - 06:53 PM

Ensign

• Members

View Postlocked_and_firing, on 10 October 2015 - 10:59 AM, said:

But how are they deciding what their girl is. I'm fully aware of the anime and love it, but idk how they are deciding that...

I no expert on the topic.

My understanding is there are some online games (to include browser games) and board games and card  based games on the concept.

Certain girls are pre- associated with  WW2 ship/class.  That is sort of predefined  (the actual girl who is associated by the games and to include ship cards).

Then since this is WoS  and not a real part of the Kantai  girl universe.  There is also creative free license and personal preference that can be implimented.

Now the USN WW2 ships are from the  Pacific Fleet Girls Collection.

Edited by StrikeTalon, 10 October 2015 - 07:10 PM.

FallenZulu #45 Posted 10 October 2015 - 07:10 PM

Lieutenant

• Beta Testers

I belong to a Clan that is pretty big on the Kentai collection and I have no bloody idea what they see in it. Just a bunch of girls with revealing clothing shooting demons is all I see. But to each his own I suppose :hiding:

StrikeTalon #46 Posted 10 October 2015 - 07:37 PM

Ensign

• Members

View PostFallenZulu, on 10 October 2015 - 02:10 PM, said:

I belong to a Clan that is pretty big on the Kentai collection and I have no bloody idea what they see in it. Just a bunch of girls with revealing clothing shooting demons is all I see. But to each his own I suppose :hiding:

Im not into the Collection myself.

What I did find interesting was the accurate historical association with real ships and campaigns  (to include armaments/tonnage displacement etc).  Even the ships history and notable accomplishments get worked into the girls persona and fighting ability.

Somehow they managed to successfully repackage  WW2 Naval History  and made it fun for the younger generation.  To include raw ship data and battles fought.  Even the girls dialogue is influenced by what happened to the real ship.

FallenZulu #47 Posted 10 October 2015 - 07:41 PM

Lieutenant

• Beta Testers

View PostStrikeTalon, on 10 October 2015 - 01:37 PM, said:

Im not into the Collection myself.

What I did find interesting was the accurate historical association with real ships and campaigns  (to include armaments/tonnage displacement etc).  Even the ships history and notable accomplishments get worked into the girls persona and fighting ability.

Somehow they managed to successfully repackage  WW2 Naval History  and made it fun for the younger generation.  To include raw ship data and battles fought.  Even the girls dialogue is influenced by what happened to the real ship.

I also been told that the American fleet is represented by the demons and some how WW2 style ships are better than a Modern Navy. A Nimitz can be beat by a Japanese Carrier over 70 years old represented by a Girl  :amazed: 

Edited by FallenZulu, 10 October 2015 - 07:44 PM.

locked_and_firing #48 Posted 11 October 2015 - 07:50 PM

Petty Officer

• Members

hmmmm okay

Sir_Arty #49 Posted 14 October 2015 - 05:36 AM

Chief Petty Officer

• Members

View PostKAAOS_Frosty, on 13 September 2015 - 07:00 PM, said:

Here in Charleston SC we have the U.S.S. YORKTOWN as a museum ship in our Harbor.

Yeah, I was kinda wondering about that.

A Yorktown was sunk, but there was still a Yorktown at the end of the war.

I believe another CV was renamed to keep the Yorktown legend alive.

Racoon1971 #50 Posted 16 October 2015 - 01:28 AM

Petty Officer

• Members

cant wait

Sovets_sovets_ #51 Posted 17 October 2015 - 02:26 PM

Seaman

• Members

View PostCrucis, on 02 October 2015 - 10:08 PM, said:

But you are mistaken... a mistake that could have been avoided with a quick search of Wikipedia, among other places.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Midway-class_aircraft_carrier

Although Wikipedia gets the most info right It only takes one guy to edit so that its incorrect. 

CK8164 #52 Posted 17 October 2015 - 04:45 PM

Seaman

• Members

The idea of a premium carrier is a great of course and the balance has to be perfect to slot into the game .

However I think more consideration should be given to some other nation like maybe bring the Graf Zeppelin back to life as a premium Germany aircraft carrier :popcorn:

sovelis025 #53 Posted 17 October 2015 - 08:48 PM

Seaman

• Members

My grandfather served on the Enterprise. It would be nice to see her in game.

Starshina_Leonov #54 Posted 23 October 2015 - 05:46 PM

Seaman Recruit

• Members

I definitely would love to see The Grey Ghost sail against the IJN once more, that and I really love both Enterprise carriers.

Sovets_sovets_ #55 Posted 16 November 2015 - 10:26 PM

Seaman

• Members

View Postsovelis025, on 17 October 2015 - 08:48 PM, said:

My grandfather served on the Enterprise. It would be nice to see her in game.

Cool. My grandpa was in Korea. My other would have gone but there was last minute confusion. 

Sovets_sovets_ #56 Posted 16 November 2015 - 10:28 PM

Seaman

• Members

View PostStarshina_Leonov, on 23 October 2015 - 05:46 PM, said:

I definitely would love to see The Grey Ghost sail against the IJN once more, that and I really love both Enterprise carriers.

I think all her sailors would love that it was a shame they scraped her. (WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!)

Matthewl419 #57 Posted 19 November 2015 - 03:48 PM

Warrant Officer

• Members

i think that WarGaming should just add a SECOND CV line, and have famous ships in it (ie. Enterprise)

USN: St Louis, Langley, Farragut, Cleveland, New Mexico, Pensacola, Ranger,New Orleans,  Iowa, Montana.   German: G-101, V-170, T-22, Bayern, Gneisenau, Hipper.   IJN: Hatsuharu, Fubuki, Fuso, Ryujo, Akatsuki, Nagato, Kagero.   RN: Leander.   Russian: Gnevny, Budyonny.   French: Friant.

Premium: Tachibana, Mikasa, Smith, Albany, Emden, Katori, (Classic)Kamikaze R, Texas, Graf Spee, Southern Dragon. 

Arpeggio: ARP Kongo, ARP Kirishima, ARP Haruna, ARP Hiei, ARP Myoko, ARP Haguro, ARP Ashigara, ARP Nachi, ARP Takao.

Other Stuff:

Sovets_sovets_ #58 Posted 29 November 2015 - 03:15 PM

Seaman

• Members

Thanks fir the feed back.

jhk1 #59 Posted 26 December 2015 - 11:01 PM

Seaman Recruit

• Beta Testers

Yes please

Spartanpanzer07 #60 Posted 26 February 2016 - 04:11 PM

Master Chief Petty Officer

• Beta Testers

Sorry guys, I'm going to say no to this, two reasons why I would say no as a Premium ship. One, its going to be like the Bismarck/Tirpitz situation, because Everybody wanted the Bismarck, it would mean that so many people would by the Bismarck that wargaming would not only make a lot of money on it, it would also mean it would be like the Type 59 flood in World of tanks we don't want a flood of USS Enterprises in the Queue which would stress the Matchmaking. Two would be the problem of implementing of Premium carriers, because the last things that I want to see from a CV carrier player's Perspective is that if a new player who just only 50 battles or less, the issue with the premium aircraft carriers is that there is always some new player that is either impatient on the tier grinding and wants to be a top level now, or just plays premium ships for their first games and that's what Wargaming wants to avoid. I rather see the Uss Yorktown be the tier 8 premium ship instead of the Enterprise because I'm more worried about the flood of Enterprises in the battle Queue. However, if you guys do see the Big E in the premium shop and ingame shop then I may as well buy it. My main guess on our first premium carrier would be the Saipan at either 5 or 6 in the American tech tree. I know though that the Yorktown class aircraft carrier should be in the second US carrier line.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users