USS Enterprise CV-6 Premium ship.

• Please log in to reply
68 replies to this topic

Poll: Enterprise (341 members have cast votes)

Should the Enterprise be in the gift shop and in game store for gold?

1. Yes (274 votes [80.35%])

Percentage of vote: 80.35%

2. No (23 votes [6.74%])

Percentage of vote: 6.74%

3. When other naveys are added. (44 votes [12.90%])

Percentage of vote: 12.90%

Vote Guests cannot vote Hide poll

Sovets_sovets_ #1 Posted 13 September 2015 - 06:17 PM

Seaman

• Members

The USS Enterprise was a Yorktown class aircraft carrier by the end of the war she was the only Yorktown class left as the Yorktown and Horrent both sunk in 1942. The Enterprise did get a refit With more AA and other features. (If you want to learn more go and watch "Battle 360, USS Enterprise" ep.6 The Enterprise was the most decorated ship of the war. She was so famous that she was almost turned into a museum but they did not get enough money and she was scraped in the 50s. (Which I was so mad at when I herd that I want on about it for days and still have not come to gripes with it.) But she would make a good Premium ship at tier 7 or 8 I say in the $25-$35 range. And It would be nice to have more than 1 brace of carrier line for the US navy. What do you think, tell me in the polls and War Gaming please tell me if you plan to do this in the comments. :)   

Edited by Sovets_sovets_, 13 September 2015 - 06:17 PM.

manavdharma #2 Posted 13 September 2015 - 06:33 PM

Ensign

• Beta Testers

View PostSovets_sovets_, on 13 September 2015 - 11:17 AM, said:

The USS Enterprise was a Yorktown class aircraft carrier by the end of the war she was the only Yorktown class left as the Yorktown and Horrent both sunk in 1942. The Enterprise did get a refit With more AA and other features. (If you want to learn more go and watch "Battle 360, USS Enterprise" ep.6 The Enterprise was the most decorated ship of the war. She was so famous that she was almost turned into a museum but they did not get enough money and she was scraped in the 50s. (Which I was so mad at when I herd that I want on about it for days and still have not come to gripes with it.) But she would make a good Premium ship at tier 7 or 8 I say in the $25-$35 range. And It would be nice to have more than 1 brace of carrier line for the US navy. What do you think, tell me in the polls and War Gaming please tell me if you plan to do this in the comments. :)   

Omg yes, I need that, It will suit me well since my Ship girl is Enterprise :c

FOG Recruitment Officer

Fog_Carrier_Enterprise is meh name

IcedBroom #3 Posted 13 September 2015 - 06:47 PM

Master Chief Petty Officer

• Beta Testers

HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAAHA! I laugh so very hard when I saw the price you want to make the Enterprise lol! Yeah like WG will EVER sell a tier 8 ship for that much xD! But YES I Have been begging for the enterprise to be brought into the game since closed beta :).

Credit to Capt_Kill_jack.

KAAOS_Frosty #4 Posted 13 September 2015 - 07:00 PM

Seaman

• Members

Here in Charleston SC we have the U.S.S. YORKTOWN as a museum ship in our Harbor.

Skramjet #5 Posted 13 September 2015 - 07:01 PM

Warrant Officer

• Members

It would be $50-$60

My best game ever

1Sherman #6 Posted 13 September 2015 - 08:20 PM

Commander

• Alpha Tester

View PostSovets_sovets_, on 13 September 2015 - 06:17 PM, said:

YES!!!!! That ship is the reason why I wanted to play this game in the first place.

"To defeat an enemy you must know them. Not simply their battle tactics, but their history, philosophy, art."

"War. It's all you've ever known, isn't it? You were so young when you survived the Clone War. No wonder you're as equipped in spirit to fight as well as you do. War is, in your blood. I study the art of war, work to perfect it. But you, you were forged by it.

"Everything leading up to this moment has been rehearsal. The real performance is about to begin. I'm counting on it."

"They revealed their meager defenses. Now we will crush them."

"I'm not accepting surrenders at this time. I want you to know failure, utter defeat, and that it is I who delivers it crashing down upon you. Now. let us proceed."

Mlwestman #7 Posted 13 September 2015 - 09:11 PM

Chief Petty Officer

• Members

View PostKAAOS_Frosty, on 13 September 2015 - 07:00 PM, said:

Here in Charleston SC we have the U.S.S. YORKTOWN as a museum ship in our Harbor.

Your Yorktown was the second of that name to fight in the war. The first sank, and the name got passed to a new ship.

00jeepxj #8 Posted 14 September 2015 - 03:08 AM

Seaman

• Beta Testers

It honestly should be in... they are putting ships like the Warspite and Tirpitz in... why not one of the best known carriers of the war.

Sovets_sovets_ #9 Posted 14 September 2015 - 09:24 PM

Seaman

• Members

View PostIcedbroom, on 13 September 2015 - 06:47 PM, said:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAAHA! I laugh so very hard when I saw the price you want to make the Enterprise lol! Yeah like WG will EVER sell a tier 8 ship for that much xD! But YES I Have been begging for the enterprise to be brought into the game since closed beta :).

Yay Its probably going to be in the $40-$50 range. 

Sovets_sovets_ #10 Posted 14 September 2015 - 09:24 PM

Seaman

• Members

View Post00jeepxj, on 14 September 2015 - 03:08 AM, said:

It honestly should be in... they are putting ships like the Warspite and Tirpitz in... why not one of the best known carriers of the war.

I know I have two models of her.

Sovets_sovets_ #11 Posted 14 September 2015 - 09:30 PM

Seaman

• Members

View PostKAAOS_Frosty, on 13 September 2015 - 07:00 PM, said:

Witch Yorktown? The Yorktown CV-5 or the Essex class one? Because the CV-5 on sunk.

View PostSkramjet, on 13 September 2015 - 07:01 PM, said:

It would be $50-$60

Ya.................... :(    

wha2les #12 Posted 15 September 2015 - 09:06 AM

Petty Officer

• Members

View Post00jeepxj, on 14 September 2015 - 03:08 AM, said:

They are putting the Warspite back in? I know they removed it from store, and I started the game after those dates...

Joe7Six #13 Posted 15 September 2015 - 03:56 PM

• Members

It would be great ship to have. There have been a lot of ships to carry that name and it would be great to see it in game. Make it so!!

DV_Potatobaiter #14 Posted 15 September 2015 - 04:32 PM

• Members

Naveys? 

#IStand4The22   I Am My Brother's Keeper  @22UntilNone

LittleDuckling #15 Posted 15 September 2015 - 06:16 PM

Seaman Recruit

• Members

All in good time, I'm sure :)  

Although as far as price goes, I can't see them offering her at less than Tier VIII, so unfortunately I doubt they would price her in the 'easily affordable' range.  :\

As aircraft carriers, the Yorktowns were purpose-built and more efficient than the Lexingtons, so I doubt any Yorktown class carrier would be at a lower tier.  VIII seems perfect - just under the Essex and on par with Lexington.

About the only thing I wonder whether they'd model about Enterprise and her sister ships is their phenomenal damage control and overall resilience.  Yorktown and Hornet took absolutely horrific beatings before they went down, you'd think they were battleships from the sheer quantity of damage they soaked up before going under.  Yorktown steamed into her last battle at Midway already nursing serious battle damage from Coral Sea and sporting emergency patch jobs.  Even so, she still took three separate strikes during the battle to kill.  Hornet was hit hard at Santa Cruz and eventually declared a loss - but defiantly refused scuttling.  What do you say about a carrier that's been written off and still requires another dozen torpedoes and hundreds of shells to put her out of her misery, even after being abandoned with no damage control parties on board?  For carriers that weren't built with armored flight decks or converted from battlecruisers or battleships, they were disturbingly durable even considering that most of the credit belongs to forward-thinking damage control.

To say nothing of Enterprise herself, of course.  They didn't call her the Grey Ghost for nothing (although the IJN experience with carriers up to this point may have affected their impressions.  From their own vantage point, it's possible that by then they figured that if a carrier is hit even once, there's a good chance it's done for, and their own experiences in this regard were nothing short of tragic.  It wouldn't be surprising for them to think that Enterprise's persistence was nothing short of terrifying.)

I don't expect them to be quite that tough in-game.  Balance is still important.  But there are times I wonder whether the absence of the Yorktowns from this game for the moment isn't so much about "these ships aren't important enough to include", but more of a "how do we do this right?  People have legendary expectations for these."

Questlove #16 Posted 15 September 2015 - 08:13 PM

Warrant Officer

• Beta Testers
  • In AlfaTesters

There's always that 1 guy who votes no.

Sovets_sovets_ #17 Posted 15 September 2015 - 09:14 PM

Seaman

• Members

View PostDV_Potatobaiter, on 15 September 2015 - 04:32 PM, said:

Naveys? 

Sorry. :(

Edited by Sovets_sovets_, 15 September 2015 - 11:13 PM.

Sovets_sovets_ #18 Posted 15 September 2015 - 09:16 PM

Seaman

• Members

View PostLittleDuckling, on 15 September 2015 - 06:16 PM, said:

All in good time, I'm sure :)  

Although as far as price goes, I can't see them offering her at less than Tier VIII, so unfortunately I doubt they would price her in the 'easily affordable' range.  :\

As aircraft carriers, the Yorktowns were purpose-built and more efficient than the Lexingtons, so I doubt any Yorktown class carrier would be at a lower tier.  VIII seems perfect - just under the Essex and on par with Lexington.

About the only thing I wonder whether they'd model about Enterprise and her sister ships is their phenomenal damage control and overall resilience.  Yorktown and Hornet took absolutely horrific beatings before they went down, you'd think they were battleships from the sheer quantity of damage they soaked up before going under.  Yorktown steamed into her last battle at Midway already nursing serious battle damage from Coral Sea and sporting emergency patch jobs.  Even so, she still took three separate strikes during the battle to kill.  Hornet was hit hard at Santa Cruz and eventually declared a loss - but defiantly refused scuttling.  What do you say about a carrier that's been written off and still requires another dozen torpedoes and hundreds of shells to put her out of her misery, even after being abandoned with no damage control parties on board?  For carriers that weren't built with armored flight decks or converted from battlecruisers or battleships, they were disturbingly durable even considering that most of the credit belongs to forward-thinking damage control.

To say nothing of Enterprise herself, of course.  They didn't call her the Grey Ghost for nothing (although the IJN experience with carriers up to this point may have affected their impressions.  From their own vantage point, it's possible that by then they figured that if a carrier is hit even once, there's a good chance it's done for, and their own experiences in this regard were nothing short of tragic.  It wouldn't be surprising for them to think that Enterprise's persistence was nothing short of terrifying.)

I don't expect them to be quite that tough in-game.  Balance is still important.  But there are times I wonder whether the absence of the Yorktowns from this game for the moment isn't so much about "these ships aren't important enough to include", but more of a "how do we do this right?  People have legendary expectations for these."

You are vary right.

muswp1 #19 Posted 15 September 2015 - 09:43 PM

Petty Officer

• Beta Testers

View PostSovets_sovets_, on 14 September 2015 - 09:30 PM, said:

Witch Yorktown? The Yorktown CV-5 or the Essex class one? Because the CV-5 on sunk.

Ya.................... :(    

CV-10.  USS Yorktown.  I've been on that ship a few times.

Questlove #20 Posted 15 September 2015 - 11:42 PM

Warrant Officer

• Beta Testers
  • In AlfaTesters

View Postmuswp1, on 15 September 2015 - 03:43 PM, said:

CV-10.  USS Yorktown.  I've been on that ship a few times.

I want to play CVN-68.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users