Training Rooms Training Rooms Bots Practice Guide Tutorial

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

Rowanda #1 Posted 21 August 2015 - 06:54 AM

Seaman

• Members

Training Rooms

Why?

Have you ever purchased a ships and wondered how it would do in battle before actually joining a full on battle? Or perhaps you wish to hone your skills in certain ships like the CVs (air carriers) or the DDs (destroyers) Look no further, the answer is here!

What is it?

To summarize Training Rooms is another option in the game (like PvE battles or Co-Op battles) that allows you to fight against bots alone. You are able to choose from a number of different presets, such as:

1. Number of ships on each team.

2. Type of ships on each team.

3. Chose if the bot ships are going to be armed/disarmed.

4. Chose if the bot ships are going to be moving/stationary.

This allows you to test various things, such as detection ranges, torpedo launches on moving targets and much more.

How to Enable It?

Normally Training Rooms are disabled, but you can enable them by downloading a Mod-Pack by Aslain. Aslain has been creating Mod-Packs for World of Tanks and World of Warships for a few years now, and his work is always high quality. Here is the link to his downloads page: http://aslain.com/in...m/28-downloads/

From there open the World of Warships Modpack (WoWS Modpack) link. It will bring you to the page with the Mod-Pack pictures as well as the download link. Scroll slightly down and you will find the link. Download it, install it in your World of Warships directory, re-start the game and enjoy! The training rooms will be available as another type of battles in the top right (where you chose Co-Op battles or PvE battles).

Enjoy!

P.S. Here is a great short video tutorial.

Edited by Rowanda, 21 August 2015 - 06:54 AM.

...Vodka is made from potatoes...

.......Potatoes are a vegetable......

.....Therefore Vodka is a salad.....

RunninKurt #2 Posted 25 August 2015 - 12:33 PM

Petty Officer

• Members

Dude, big +1 to you. Thanks for pointing this out!

KOHUNA #3 Posted 28 September 2015 - 08:35 PM

Seaman Recruit

• Members

View PostRowanda, on 21 August 2015 - 06:54 AM, said:

Training Rooms

Why?

Have you ever purchased a ships and wondered how it would do in battle before actually joining a full on battle? Or perhaps you wish to hone your skills in certain ships like the CVs (air carriers) or the DDs (destroyers) Look no further, the answer is here!

What is it?

To summarize Training Rooms is another option in the game (like PvE battles or Co-Op battles) that allows you to fight against bots alone. You are able to choose from a number of different presets, such as:

1. Number of ships on each team.

2. Type of ships on each team.

3. Chose if the bot ships are going to be armed/disarmed.

4. Chose if the bot ships are going to be moving/stationary.

This allows you to test various things, such as detection ranges, torpedo launches on moving targets and much more.

How to Enable It?

Normally Training Rooms are disabled, but you can enable them by downloading a Mod-Pack by Aslain. Aslain has been creating Mod-Packs for World of Tanks and World of Warships for a few years now, and his work is always high quality. Here is the link to his downloads page: http://aslain.com/in...m/28-downloads/

From there open the World of Warships Modpack (WoWS Modpack) link. It will bring you to the page with the Mod-Pack pictures as well as the download link. Scroll slightly down and you will find the link. Download it, install it in your World of Warships directory, re-start the game and enjoy! The training rooms will be available as another type of battles in the top right (where you chose Co-Op battles or PvE battles).

Enjoy!

P.S. Here is a great short video tutorial.

I have downloaded the file and can not find the part to open the training room. Can you help me with this issue.

chevypickup #4 Posted 30 September 2015 - 05:41 AM

Seaman Recruit

• Members

I have the same issue. I don't find anything like training option at the type of battles. 

Agememnon #5 Posted 30 September 2015 - 08:15 PM

Chief Petty Officer

• Members

I got 2 virus warnings from 2 different anti virus programs trying to download and install this.

alexf24 #6 Posted 30 September 2015 - 10:21 PM

Captain

• Members

View PostAgememnon, on 30 September 2015 - 03:15 PM, said:

I got 2 virus warnings from 2 different anti virus programs trying to download and install this.

I was using Aslains for a while until three patches ago when I got virus warnings. I posted the issue at Aslains forum and several people confirmed they got the warnings too. Aslain said no way, there is no virus.

Ok. I am not going to risk security, for the sake of a mod or two. Aslain unistalled and problem went away. Sorry.

Edited by alexf24, 30 September 2015 - 10:21 PM.

I shoot an arrow in the air, where it lands I do not care, I get my arrows wholesale -- Curly Howard (with a wink to Longfellow)

misanthrope0 #7 Posted 13 October 2015 - 12:17 AM

Warrant Officer

• Beta Testers

That mod is no longer available

warmseas #8 Posted 13 October 2015 - 02:02 PM

Chief Petty Officer

• Beta Testers

WOWS. should just give you the training room under battle options, no need to download anything. 

zoomer246 #9 Posted 13 October 2015 - 05:40 PM

Seaman

• Alpha Tester

View PostAgememnon, on 30 September 2015 - 08:15 PM, said:

Cannot confirm this, no viruses for me, also the training room mod is bugged so it doesn't work  

ShutUp_Karl #10 Posted 13 October 2015 - 06:25 PM

Seaman

• Members

View Postwarmseas, on 13 October 2015 - 09:02 AM, said:

WOWS. should just give you the training room under battle options, no need to download anything. 

Exactly!   every new ship gets a shake down cruise before being signed off on for battle. 
Spc4_Arndts

JagWar_84 #11 Posted 17 November 2015 - 02:03 PM

Petty Officer

• Members

View Postwarmseas, on 13 October 2015 - 02:02 PM, said:

I am hoping for this as well. I dont want to risk getting a virus downloading some mod. I think there are some tutorials on how to manually go into the config files and unlock it though, but they say patches tend to negate your changes. So I imagine each patch you have to try it differently. Why don't they just unlock Training Mode in the next patch?

ShermanMedium #12 Posted 17 November 2015 - 08:53 PM

Rear Admiral

• -Members-

View Postalexf24, on 30 September 2015 - 10:21 PM, said:

I was using Aslains for a while until three patches ago when I got virus warnings. I posted the issue at Aslains forum and several people confirmed they got the warnings too. Aslain said no way, there is no virus.

Ok. I am not going to risk security, for the sake of a mod or two. Aslain unistalled and problem went away. Sorry.

There's no virus with it. Don't let it scare you away.

I hope to become a blue in rating by the time summer rolls around. I am always open to suggestions on how I may improve. I primarily main USN DDs and secondarily main VMF DDs, KM DDs, and KM BBs. I am casually grinding USN BBs, IJN BBs, and VMF CLs/CAs. Presently, my max tier is IX.

itbouncedoff #13 Posted 18 November 2015 - 12:41 AM

Seaman

• Members

View PostShermanMedium, on 17 November 2015 - 08:53 PM, said:

There's no virus with it. Don't let it scare you away.

They are FALSE positives, no virus, just disable your virus protection and install and turn your virus protection back on

ShermanMedium #14 Posted 18 November 2015 - 12:55 AM

Rear Admiral

• -Members-

View Postitbouncedoff, on 18 November 2015 - 12:41 AM, said:

They are FALSE positives, no virus, just disable your virus protection and install and turn your virus protection back on

No need to disable your virus protection. Just tell it that it's safe and you're fun.

I hope to become a blue in rating by the time summer rolls around. I am always open to suggestions on how I may improve. I primarily main USN DDs and secondarily main VMF DDs, KM DDs, and KM BBs. I am casually grinding USN BBs, IJN BBs, and VMF CLs/CAs. Presently, my max tier is IX.

Fusion_1965 #15 Posted 27 November 2015 - 12:04 PM

Master Chief Petty Officer

• Members

-

What's with the junk pop-ups and browser crashes???

WheelJocky #16 Posted 01 June 2016 - 01:22 PM

Petty Officer

• Beta Testers

I got the same thing ONCE.

Be careful, not everything on that page is necessarily a link from Aslain, it might be a look alike AD that will load something you don't want.

But I will forewarn you whom ye shall fear: Fear him, which after he hath killed hath power to cast into hell; yea, I say unto you, Fear him. [LUKE 12:5]

Tarran61 #17 Posted 22 June 2016 - 08:09 PM

Petty Officer

• Members

Now the site you download from, be careful, Don't let it trick you into installing their adware spyware junk ware reformat your PC ware.  The software itself, clean.  
Stats - The force is weak with this one..
It's all in the name of FUN!

A_FIELD_MARSHAL #18 Posted 28 June 2016 - 03:41 AM

• Alpha Tester

Thanks I dident know there was a training room thing.

I wish you used a diffrent file sharing site as to get to the dl there are many false download buttons 

Valas1 #19 Posted 27 August 2016 - 03:56 PM

• Members

Very helpful for practicing shooting and CV skills, bumping for newer players. Also, modpack is hosted on a better site now.  And it appears Norton has stopped giving out the false positives for the virus/spyware warnings at the very least.

Edited by Valas1, 27 August 2016 - 04:01 PM.

Marsthegodofwar10 #20 Posted 27 November 2016 - 01:07 AM

Seaman

• Members

How do bots decide hull types? Is it at random or is there a pattern? If want to test 1v1 against a particular hull. The Nagato for example has various hull types and they're all there. Problem is you can face a hull A instead of a hull B Nagato in your training battle.

Also tagged with Training, Rooms, Training Rooms, Bots, Practice, Guide, Tutorial

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users