0.4.1 Public Test

• Please log in to reply
364 replies to this topic

Turbo5577 #21 Posted 12 August 2015 - 06:17 PM

Seaman

• Members

View Posttallstar5, on 12 August 2015 - 04:27 PM, said:

The test client takes up about 5.5GB on my disk (if you download it, make sure to empty the Updates folder afterward, as that was another 5.5GB). 0.4.1 will come to standard WoWS after a little while; WG's public tests are for testing balance changes in larger populations as well as (hopefully) weeding out any bugs that might've slipped through the supertest. 

If World of Tanks is anything to go by, I'd expect a few iterations of the public test before the patch goes live- at this length maybe a couple weeks. But as Tanks public server iterations usually last a week or two and this one lasts a few days, you should take this estimate with a pound of salt.

thank you for your help!

SumoWhirlwind #22 Posted 12 August 2015 - 06:26 PM

Warrant Officer

• Beta Testers

View PostSACEUR, on 12 August 2015 - 01:14 PM, said:

I updated the previous Test Client earlier today and it's been ALL DOWN HILL since then. I can't launch the regular game client, I can't log into the RU server and after downloading the RU clients it says it does not know me. :( Not a good day for me for sure

Based on your error message, did you check to see that there's an 0.4.0.6 folder within res_mods in your standard game client? I've seen such error messages upon deleting a mod folder in Tanks, though I can't imagine why it would fail to create the new folder upon updating (more so because it doesn't seem to be a universal failure).

Edited by tallstar5, 12 August 2015 - 06:27 PM.

TheDarkAscending #23 Posted 12 August 2015 - 07:12 PM

Seaman Recruit

• Members

When my game client was upgrading after I had just downloaded it, I got this error saying:

"Critical error.

Unable to extract updates.

The application cannot continue.

For details, see log file."

I don't know what to do.

Edit: This was for the public test client

Edited by TheDarkAscending, 12 August 2015 - 07:27 PM.

burning_gl0w #24 Posted 12 August 2015 - 07:19 PM

Chief Petty Officer

• Beta Testers

View PostSACEUR, on 12 August 2015 - 03:59 PM, said:

Hey after I updated the  test client, I get this error for the normal client and can't launch the game.

Also if I already have a RU account do I need to create another for the Test Server?

I had this issue too, but I was also reinstalling Aslain's modpack after the patch today so I wasn't sure what caused it. I think it was the clean install removing the .6 folder.

View Posttallstar5, on 12 August 2015 - 06:26 PM, said:

Based on your error message, did you check to see that there's an 0.4.0.6 folder within res_mods in your standard game client? I've seen such error messages upon deleting a mod folder in Tanks, though I can't imagine why it would fail to create the new folder upon updating (more so because it doesn't seem to be a universal failure).

I renamed the folder inside res_mods to 0.4.0.6 and badabing badaboom.

Edited by burning_gl0w, 12 August 2015 - 07:20 PM.

CAPTMUDDXX #25 Posted 12 August 2015 - 08:39 PM

Lieutenant Commander

• Beta Testers

OK I have registered and downloaded the public test but am unable to log in! It had me register as both CAPTMUDDXX and Lonnie_A_Smith as user names! I can not connected with either nor my email Captmuddxx@Live.com so what gives? Have I wasted my day downloading almost 6 gb for nothing since it is for 1 day only?

SumoWhirlwind #26 Posted 12 August 2015 - 09:08 PM

Warrant Officer

• Beta Testers

View PostCAPTMUDDXX, on 12 August 2015 - 04:39 PM, said:

OK I have registered and downloaded the public test but am unable to log in! It had me register as both CAPTMUDDXX and Lonnie_A_Smith as user names! I can not connected with either nor my email Captmuddxx@Live.com so what gives? Have I wasted my day downloading almost 6 gb for nothing since it is for 1 day only?

It doesn't start until tomorrow m8. Did you actually read the dates?

Deadeye_Pete #27 Posted 12 August 2015 - 09:23 PM

Master Chief Petty Officer

• Members

ok, quick silly solution...  Go to google gmail, and create a throw away email addy, go make account on RU test server..  Download test clent installer, and install.. USE DEFAULT INSTALL LOCATION and do NOT install to the same directory as your current world of warships install (OR YOU WILL MESS IT UP).

(in best BAD russian accent poorly done by american) Is so simple!  Even  xbox user figure it out!  Even nyekulturni american gamer can figure out!  If cannot, give up gaming, is too difficult for you!

PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT:  CAUTION, This user hates and utterly despises trolls, and will has been known to very accurately pot them, and will always politely burn the remaining corpse in the interests of public health and safety.   He rarely misses.  Don't say you weren't warned.

I am not an employee of wargame net and I don't have to be nice to you if your being a pill.

Cuth #28 Posted 12 August 2015 - 09:50 PM

Chief Petty Officer

• Beta Testers

Oooh, please tell me ranked battles will be solo (no divisions) only?

100% solo, no divisions played

SACEUR #29 Posted 12 August 2015 - 09:54 PM

Ensign

• Alpha Tester

View Posttallstar5, on 12 August 2015 - 10:26 AM, said:

View Postburning_gl0w, on 12 August 2015 - 11:19 AM, said:

I had this issue too, but I was also reinstalling Aslain's modpack after the patch today so I wasn't sure what caused it. I think it was the clean install removing the .6 folder.

I renamed the folder inside res_mods to 0.4.0.6 and badabing badaboom.

Did a complete uninstall/reinstall and the game is working fine. Still have a the following folders:

I had the PT client from the last time they had it up and open and all I did was launch that and it updated which is what Ive been doing with tanks for the last 4 or 5 years. We didn't really get a replay as to whether those of us who still had the old client needed to do a complete reinstall or would be able to use the same one as before so I guess we'll wait and see what happens tomorrow.

It may not even be worth it to me with all the issues though. When I follow the link in the email it says http://pt.worldofwarships.ru/ but when I follow the steps to the site it says I need to log in but http://worldofwarships.ru/ says I don't have an account and I can't log in with the info that I just registered with. It's making my head hurt. Because I have  RU, EU and NA accounts i know the supports are separate and all TEST servers are handled on the RU side so I'd have to issue a ticket on the RU side and no offense but that was a MAJOR pain in the [edited]the last time I had to do that.

Ps1KoticKiiD #30 Posted 12 August 2015 - 09:59 PM

Seaman

• Members

Fairly easy. its downloading now pretty excited.

m0j0j0j0sr #31 Posted 12 August 2015 - 10:07 PM

Seaman

• Beta Testers

can not connect

Red_Raven_168 #32 Posted 12 August 2015 - 10:14 PM

Admiral of the Navy

• Alpha Tester

View Postm0j0j0j0sr, on 12 August 2015 - 03:07 PM, said:

can not connect

fully explained here http://forum.worldof...c-test/#topmost

View PostCapnCappy, on 28 June 2016 - 08:12 AM, said:

You realize you're commenting on a thread that's older than some players?

PriJamal #33 Posted 12 August 2015 - 10:31 PM

Seaman Recruit

• Beta Testers

just love you all....MAN...

Attached Files

• Attached File   emblem.jpg   9.29K

JUST DO IT.....

SACEUR #34 Posted 12 August 2015 - 10:45 PM

Ensign

• Alpha Tester

Ok on a whim I logged into my WoT Ru account and discovered this:

RenamedUser_4392109

I remember reading something about them freeing up names from inactive accounts on the RU but what Russian in his right mind would want the name SACEUR? That's a NATO tag not Warsaw Pact.

Maybe it has been a few days since I played on the RU side of the fence but could this be the cause of all the mix up? And how do I get my name back?

chang792 #35 Posted 12 August 2015 - 10:55 PM

Seaman Recruit

• Members

i got so excited i immediately  download this and run it...then i  realized i was 17 hours early ... HA XD

Midnitewolf #36 Posted 12 August 2015 - 11:06 PM

Lieutenant Commander

• Alpha Tester

Got the account created and the client downloaded.

I never miss out on taking advantage of being on the PT server.  I am one of the crazy guys that prefers testing game than playing them on a regular basis.  

kajewolfspirit #37 Posted 12 August 2015 - 11:56 PM

Lieutenant Junior Grade

• Supertester

View PostMidnitewolf, on 12 August 2015 - 06:06 PM, said:

Got the account created and the client downloaded.

I never miss out on taking advantage of being on the PT server.  I am one of the crazy guys that prefers testing game than playing them on a regular basis.  

Same here :)

"Life is like a dog sled team, if you ain't the lead dog, the scenery never changes."

Atlas58 #38 Posted 13 August 2015 - 12:14 AM

Seaman Recruit

• Members

1. how does a public test work, is everything already unlocked or do I have to grind to get everything, sorry this is my first public test

s7davis #39 Posted 13 August 2015 - 01:27 AM

Seaman Recruit

• Members

View PostTheDarkAscending, on 12 August 2015 - 07:12 PM, said:

When my game client was upgrading after I had just downloaded it, I got this error saying:

"Critical error.

Unable to extract updates.

The application cannot continue.

For details, see log file."

I don't know what to do.

Edit: This was for the public test client

I got the same thing so im going to try and redownload the PT again and put it in a different directory. I have a filling im going to have to uninstall the normal game and reinstall it again yikes......

TheDarkAscending #40 Posted 13 August 2015 - 01:59 AM

Seaman Recruit

• Members

View Posts7davis, on 13 August 2015 - 01:27 AM, said:

I got the same thing so im going to try and redownload the PT again and put it in a different directory. I have a filling im going to have to uninstall the normal game and reinstall it again yikes......

I uninstalled it and then reinstalled it in a different directory and it worked.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users