• Please log in to reply
364 replies to this topic

NyxWGA #1 Posted 12 August 2015 - 03:53 PM

Player Experience Supevisor

• Developers

Public Test arrives tomorrow for 0.4.1!

Public Test Starts: Thursday, August 13, 09:30 PT / 12:30 ET
Public Test Ends: Saturday, August 15, 06:30 PT / 09:30 ET

Dev bulletin regarding 0.4.1 can be found here: http://worldofwarships.com/en/news/common/developer-bulletin-041/

You will need to sign up for an account on the Public Test server. Full instructions are located here: http://worldofwarships.com/en/news/common/041-public-test/

If you don't receive your email to confirm the account, please check your spam folder!

javascript:void(0)

DownhillDino #2 Posted 12 August 2015 - 03:55 PM

Ensign

• Beta Testers

Thank you! Made it much easier, thought I'd have to dig around once I got to it. 

SACEUR #3 Posted 12 August 2015 - 03:59 PM

Ensign

• Alpha Tester

Hey after I updated the  test client, I get this error for the normal client and can't launch the game.

Also if I already have a RU account do I need to create another for the Test Server?

Edited by SACEUR, 12 August 2015 - 04:03 PM.

Turbo5577 #4 Posted 12 August 2015 - 04:16 PM

Seaman

• Members

How much computer space does this take up and will this version (0.4.1) come to the original world of warships???? thank you for answering my question if you do.

SumoWhirlwind #5 Posted 12 August 2015 - 04:27 PM

Warrant Officer

• Beta Testers

View PostTurbo5577, on 12 August 2015 - 12:16 PM, said:

How much computer space does this take up and will this version (0.4.1) come to the original world of warships???? thank you for answering my question if you do.

The test client takes up about 5.5GB on my disk (if you download it, make sure to empty the Updates folder afterward, as that was another 5.5GB). 0.4.1 will come to standard WoWS after a little while; WG's public tests are for testing balance changes in larger populations as well as (hopefully) weeding out any bugs that might've slipped through the supertest. 

If World of Tanks is anything to go by, I'd expect a few iterations of the public test before the patch goes live- at this length maybe a couple weeks. But as Tanks public server iterations usually last a week or two and this one lasts a few days, you should take this estimate with a pound of salt.

Edited by tallstar5, 12 August 2015 - 04:29 PM.

Daeima #6 Posted 12 August 2015 - 04:38 PM

Petty Officer

• Alpha Tester

If I'm reading correctly, you need to make an account on the pt.worldofwarships.ru.

If you make an account on the RU server, it will very possibly ( read "WILL" ) be used when participating in ANY other Wargaming test server (World of Tanks or World of Warplanes).

If you play, or might at some point play, other Wargaming PC titles, take this into consideration.

It's an ongoing conundrum that's been discussed adinfinitum on the WoT & WoWP forums & apparently there's nothing that can be done about it other than contacting support to delete the account(s).

taut #7 Posted 12 August 2015 - 04:45 PM

Admiral of the Navy

• Members

Painless for the most part....

SACEUR #8 Posted 12 August 2015 - 04:46 PM

Ensign

• Alpha Tester

View PostDaeima, on 12 August 2015 - 08:38 AM, said:

If I'm reading correctly, you need to make an account on the pt.worldofwarships.ru.

If you make an account on the RU server, it will very possibly ( read "WILL" ) be used when participating in ANY other Wargaming test server (World of Tanks or World of Warplanes).

If you play, or might at some point play, other Wargaming PC titles, take this into consideration.

It's an ongoing conundrum that's been discussed adinfinitum on the WoT & WoWP forums & apparently there's nothing that can be done about it other than contacting support to delete the account(s).

I've had a RU account since BETA and have always used my NA account for test (WoT, WoWP & WoWs) with no issues.

NyxWGA #9 Posted 12 August 2015 - 04:46 PM

Player Experience Supevisor

• Developers

In order to participate in this PT, you will need to use the link to create a PT account. These accounts are specific to PT, so I don't think a regular RU account will work.

Saceur, I am not sure what happened with that error there. I have both PT and live installed and both are fine. You can't run them at the same time, but I am able to switch back and forth between them with no problems. You may need to delete and reinstall.

Yes, 041 will come to the live server, but I don't have a date to announce for that yet. We will have this PT session, and depending on what issues are discovered that need to be fixed, we may schedule additional sessions. Once we are confident that the build is stable, and we've made any needed adjustments, then we will schedule the update to the live server.

javascript:void(0)

SACEUR #10 Posted 12 August 2015 - 04:48 PM

Ensign

• Alpha Tester

View Postslak96u, on 12 August 2015 - 08:45 AM, said:

Painless for the most part....

I wish I could say the same. Although the email says account created, I can't log into the RU Неверный email или пароль (Invalid email or password) as well as the above mentioned issues with the main client. :(

View PostNyxWGA, on 12 August 2015 - 08:46 AM, said:

In order to participate in this PT, you will need to use the link to create a PT account. These accounts are specific to PT, so I don't think a regular RU account will work.

Saceur, I am not sure what happened with that error there. I have both PT and live installed and both are fine. You can't run them at the same time, but I am able to switch back and forth between them with no problems. You may need to delete and reinstall.

I had the PT  client installed previously and just UPDATED it earlier this morning, which is what I normally do with other test servers. I'll uninstall and reinstall all of them to see if that works.

Daeima #11 Posted 12 August 2015 - 04:49 PM

Petty Officer

• Alpha Tester

View PostSACEUR, on 12 August 2015 - 10:46 AM, said:

I've had a RU account since BETA and have always used my NA account for test (WoT, WoWP & WoWs) with no issues.

Well you are one of the lucky ones.

benthetankslayer2987 #12 Posted 12 August 2015 - 04:50 PM

Seaman Recruit

• Members

on average how much gold and xp is given in the tests

Razzopper #13 Posted 12 August 2015 - 05:10 PM

Ensign

• Supertester
  • In AlfaTesters

Does anybody know if we need to register again if we have already played in a public test. I had an account for the 3.1 RU public test and still have that client installed. Can I just update that and be good to go or do I need a different username/password? Thanks.

SACEUR #14 Posted 12 August 2015 - 05:14 PM

Ensign

• Alpha Tester

View PostRazzopper, on 12 August 2015 - 09:10 AM, said:

Does anybody know if we need to register again if we have already played in a public test. I had an account for the 3.1 RU public test and still have that client installed. Can I just update that and be good to go or do I need a different username/password? Thanks.

I updated the previous Test Client earlier today and it's been ALL DOWN HILL since then. I can't launch the regular game client, I can't log into the RU server and after downloading the RU clients it says it does not know me. :( Not a good day for me for sure

Dragral #15 Posted 12 August 2015 - 05:17 PM

Chief Petty Officer

• Beta Testers

Thank you, made it very easy to setup

My Highest Researched Vessels by Class:

Aircraft Carrier (CV):       (Tier IX - USA)  Essex                    (Tier X - Japan)       Hakuryu
Battleship (BB):                (Tier IX - USA)  Iowa                     
(Tier VIII - Japan)   Amagi
Cruiser (CA):                      (Tier IX - USA)  Baltimore           (Tier VIII - Japan)    Mogami
Destroyer (DD):                (Tier IX - USA)  Fletcher               (Tier VIII - Japan)   Fubuki

Premium Ships:

Britain:        Warspite   

Germany:   Tirpitz   

Japan:       Yubari, Ishizuchi, Atago
USA:             Albany, Arkansas Beta, Marblehead, Sims, Atlanta
USSR:           Aurora, Gremyashchy, Murmansk

Numbah18 #16 Posted 12 August 2015 - 05:18 PM

Commander

• Beta Testers

Yes I might actually be able to join this PT :great: FT skill shot FT skill shot just can't wait :D

Turkey, you say...? It's no joke!

Guards we move.

A list or nicknames in World of Warships http://tvtropes.org/...WorldOfWarships

BrushWolf #17 Posted 12 August 2015 - 05:27 PM

Rear Admiral

• Alpha Tester

Do we have to create a new account or will our old PT credentials work?

Ich lasse mir doch nicht mein Schiff unter dem Arsch wegschießen. Feuererlaubnis! (I'm not letting my ship get shot out from under my arse. Open fire!) Ernst Lindemann Captain KMS Bismarck

The_Xadow #18 Posted 12 August 2015 - 05:35 PM

Seaman Recruit

• Members

i'm downloading PT but its messing with my normal game client...can you guys give us a fix to solve this since there is more ppl with this problem ...

thanks in advance

Numbah18 #19 Posted 12 August 2015 - 05:36 PM

Commander

• Beta Testers

View PostBrushWolf, on 12 August 2015 - 11:27 AM, said:

I think you can use your old account.

Turkey, you say...? It's no joke!

Guards we move.

A list or nicknames in World of Warships http://tvtropes.org/...WorldOfWarships

BrushWolf #20 Posted 12 August 2015 - 05:54 PM

Rear Admiral

• Alpha Tester

View PostBrushWolf, on 12 August 2015 - 12:27 PM, said:

View PostNumbah18, on 12 August 2015 - 12:36 PM, said:

I think you can use your old account.

It should only take a few minutes to make a new one if I have to anyway, I have the PT client updated already.

Ich lasse mir doch nicht mein Schiff unter dem Arsch wegschießen. Feuererlaubnis! (I'm not letting my ship get shot out from under my arse. Open fire!) Ernst Lindemann Captain KMS Bismarck

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users