[Guide] Using Mods

Guide

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

LeaveIT2Beaver #21 Posted 12 February 2016 - 04:04 PM

Seaman

• Beta Testers

View PostCVN69_93to97, on 09 February 2016 - 03:43 AM, said:

There is a new illegal mod, that gives ships 0 reload time.  They shoot like machine guns without ever having to reload.  Please look into it, it sucks.

I cannot find a reference to this mod anywhere on the internet at all, including closed admission chat rooms. I do not believe it exists. Sounds to me like you were getting pounded by a platoon using concentrated fire. if they held that left mouse button down in rotation fire .... yeah you get hammered!

Edited by LeaveIT2Beaver, 12 February 2016 - 04:23 PM.

PT-109

LeaveIT2Beaver #22 Posted 12 February 2016 - 04:11 PM

Seaman

• Beta Testers

View Postnechemya, on 10 February 2016 - 12:39 AM, said:

I was reading about mods to change the way things look in the game such as how my torps and arti-fire would look to me. My question is can this type of mod in anyway be tagged as an illegal mod?

The appearance of a ship, gun sights, the color of torpedo wakes, shell "tracer/trail" colors,or any mod that does not alter the physics of the game are legal according to WG. Case in point, the "aim assist" was not illegal. The group of testers screamed about it because they wanted control of WoWs, were anti-mod "purists" (like some of them are in WoTs). WG ignored them as they do over other legal mods in their other games. The mod became moot as it was just not needed, too many updates for the modder to keep up with changes, and people did not want to pay someone who could not deliver the goods. I tried the free version and it sucked - I deleted it after about 3 games.

http://aslain.com/index.php?/topic/2020-0523-aslains-wows-modpack-installer-wpicture-preview-v52300-27012016/

Aslain's has WoWs mod that are virus free, come with a GUI installer,  and all legal. He keeps up to date on any decisions made on mods by WG. ​His reputation in Word of Tanks is Platinum.  

Happy hunting!

Edited by LeaveIT2Beaver, 12 February 2016 - 04:22 PM.

PT-109

33nfidel #23 Posted 30 March 2016 - 11:18 AM

Ensign

• Beta Testers

Brilliant OP, most entertaining.

IF you really want to look na.warshipstoday.com/signature/1014514347/dark.png or http://static.wows-n.../1014514347.png

Blood_N_Guts69 #24 Posted 05 April 2016 - 03:00 PM

Seaman

• Beta Testers

+1! Good overview for new players.

Sadly as pointed out in several other posts in the forums; every time a new or low skill player gets KO'd they scream haxx! They are some really good game mods in WOWs right now that allow for personal player enjoyment from skins and flags to anime. I have been in the gaming world for a long time and regardless of the game there will always be people who try to get over on the game designers. Good software and detection keeps the game equal, fair and fun to play. So far through testing and playing WOWs has done a good job with a very new addition to their series.

***New Players and casual players***

There are some tremendous players in the community and when you come across them the skill level will be noticeable different. Salute them as you sink and perhaps they will give you some pointers. Rant in chat and calling them haxx only keeps you where you are today.

Cheers

DEVGRUMan #25 Posted 31 May 2016 - 04:07 AM

Seaman

• Members

I understand the intent of explaining mods and hacks etc. for the common user of WOWs, however, there are several things that are not mentioned in these threads. 

• WG employees
  • WG friends and or investor accounts

Let me explain, 

In Late February 2016, i noticed certain features of my ships not working during game, ie, camo, accuracy reduced, perks not functioning properly, etc. Everyone in game wanted to write it off as lag but I did not buy into that. March came the upgrade, and while others had one install, i had 1 plus 5 additional little ones. Further my ships capabilities, were lessened. This made no sense. I decided to sell all ships and buy them again. Once purchases, all my ships operated 100% on point. 1 week later, 3/21/2016, i get a patch. It installs, and my ships return to not operating right. 

We got the 5.5 upgrade and I began researching files, patches, upgrades, etc.. and had a private IT/programmer review my code

We found that the 3.21.2016 patch file which was loaded by WG, was disabling my perks, capt exp, camo, accuracy and other features of all ships I purchased on the server. We also found that a WG employee had modified a file called a "Monkey File" which tells the server how to make your ship operate with the server mentioned above. 

Now while everyone is calling [edited]right now, i bid you not, we deleted the 3.21 patch file, rebooted and immediately my ships began functioning properly, matter of fact within two days I had like 5 krakens and 2 6 kills. in multiple ships. 

Since the 5.6 upgrade the issues have returned. 

Sure is it difficult for outsiders to mod and hack server? yep but is it a huge possibility that WG employees jerry rig certain ships, players accounts on server/files that you are unaware about to help their friends, investors that play, etc? 

Yep and high probability. 

33nfidel #26 Posted 31 May 2016 - 05:04 AM

Ensign

• Beta Testers

Do show the file or at least link it so it can be "viewed"...

IF you really want to look na.warshipstoday.com/signature/1014514347/dark.png or http://static.wows-n.../1014514347.png

Capt_Dubbs #27 Posted 23 September 2016 - 04:28 PM

Seaman Recruit

• Members

How do you change a Mod for an AV to 2 groups of fighters and 1 torpedo groups? I don't see anything but Mod 1 for the Langley. Thanks in advance.

Max_Mayhem #28 Posted 21 January 2017 - 03:14 PM

Seaman

• Members

VERY informative article.    Thank you Quaffer

Also tagged with Guide

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users