has your enthusiasm been affected by recent flag controversy?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
50 replies to this topic

Poll: has your enthusiasm been affected by recent flag controversy? (88 members have cast votes)

Has the recent controversy over the Rising Sun flag dampened your enthusiasm?

1. My enthusiasm has been lower (30 votes [34.09%])

Percentage of vote: 34.09%

2. My enthusiasm is the same (55 votes [62.50%])

Percentage of vote: 62.50%

3. My enthusiasm has been raised (3 votes [3.41%])

Percentage of vote: 3.41%

Vote Hide poll

Super_Dreadnought #1 Posted 22 June 2013 - 01:48 PM

Rear Admiral

• Alpha Tester
First let me make clear that this poll isn't intended as a rant or protest for or against the Rising Sun flag.

I am merely curious whether the recent controversy over the Rising Sun flag- which can be debated elsewhere - has affected your enthusiasm for the game in any way. your reasons are your own.

1. Has your enthusiasm for the game been lowered? do you think WG handled it badly? maybe you refuse to play warships with politically correct but unhistorical flags. and so forth.

2. is your enthusiasm the same? can't see what the fuss is about? Do you just not give a crap? or maybe you are withholding judgement for now.

3. Has your enthusiasm been raised? Maybe you agree with WG's decision or believe they handled it well or something.

In the interests of transparency I sorta torn between 1. and 2. My enthusiasm for WoWs was lowered when I read about what might happen to the flag. But after I received a private response from Tiet, I'm willing to give WG the benefit of a doubt since they are still debating the decision and what they should do. I pick option 2.

Eyeless_Camper #2 Posted 22 June 2013 - 01:51 PM

Commander

• Alpha Tester
Same as you, but i picked option 1
It really hurt my enthusiasm :unsure:

Ahhh. WoWs forums. Tackling the big parenting issues.   --Pizzastorm, Community coordinator on the WoWs forums

Daltron #3 Posted 22 June 2013 - 02:04 PM

Warrant Officer

• Alpha Tester
I pick option two. It's a nice thing to have but it's not a necessary thing to have, it's not going to break the game if they exclude it.

Getting the most out of your drakmas since 1914
Greetings, friend. I'm Dalton Neal, CEO of D.S.R.. You might know us as a vital participant of the 1921 senate hearing on the limitations of the Washington Naval Treaty, and you've most likely used one of the many products we invented but other people have somehow managed to steal from us. Bethlehem Steel can eat my bankrupt...

JarethG #4 Posted 22 June 2013 - 02:15 PM

Warrant Officer

• Members
My enthusiasm for the game has not waned at all.  However, I do believe the decision to remove the flag is a bad one (for transparency.)

Member of FRAG! http://wiredstar.com/WoWsWiki/

NGTM_1R #5 Posted 22 June 2013 - 02:26 PM

Lieutenant Commander

• Alpha Tester
Of course WG has handled it badly, they still let SerB troll the public in Q&As, the home office guys are simply not very smart when it comes to public relations. They never really have been.

This does not, strictly speaking, impact my willingness to play the game. First, I don't have to deal with the inept PR that WG does normally, so I can hold out hope that I will not suffer too many outrages. Second, unless I want to go back to Battlestations Midway, a Bad Game that I'm simply enough of a nerd to like, they have a captive audience.
But we do not tell our children stories of monsters so that they will know monsters exist. You knew monsters existed before you could speak, before you could walk. You were told stories of monsters because those stories had heroes. You were told stories of monsters so that you would know monsters can be defeated.

NargilFenris #6 Posted 22 June 2013 - 02:31 PM

Lieutenant Junior Grade

• Alpha Tester
Disappointed but that one thing isn't going to lower my enthusiasm.

If you were looking for the A-Team I am sorry to inform you that you found the F Troop.

EndlessSoul #7 Posted 22 June 2013 - 02:37 PM

Ensign

• Members
I picked 2. Like I said in the flag threads, I'm just not going to worry about it anymore.

Endless "I voted" Soul

admarillstonewall #8 Posted 22 June 2013 - 02:52 PM

Lieutenant Commander

• Alpha Tester
I thank that most Americans don't hold grudges against them anymore so I don't see why they can't just let the American server have them and the few that thank it will be the end of the world can't just have the option to turn it off
Please read this if you have any questions about the game -> http://wiredstar.com/WoWsWiki/
THANKS sincerely Stonewall first wave Alpha Tester

turmacil #9 Posted 22 June 2013 - 03:16 PM

Master Chief Petty Officer

• Alpha Tester
My enthusiasm is the same.

I will probably look into mods for historically correct flags. But in todays world everything needs to be PC (sadly IMHO)

You surrender after you're dead.

Tyekanik #10 Posted 22 June 2013 - 03:43 PM

Lieutenant Junior Grade

• Members
No change in enthusiasm. I see what the fuss is about, I have a stance, but it is a minor part in a video game.
Triptyx's community wiki http://wiredstar.com/WoWsWiki/

SpitZzeRr #11 Posted 22 June 2013 - 03:46 PM

Lieutenant Commander

• Alpha Tester
I was a little lowered to see how the few butthurt players are afraid to see a piece of cloth attached to their ship. WG should listen to the majority, not the minority in this case

yourheroo #12 Posted 22 June 2013 - 03:53 PM

Ensign

• Alpha Tester
Honestly i really don't care much for that i just want the game to come  out in good shape then we can worry about the small things and if its really that big of a deal just mod?

Snakehead1234 #13 Posted 22 June 2013 - 04:11 PM

Warrant Officer

• Members
Wg plans to replace the Japanese flag? That is rediculous, and is a serious let down in my opinion. If people are so angered about the flag then join a different server that bans it. Nobody ever complained about battlestations pacific. It had a full Japanese campaign and used the rising sun extensively
Future Captain of Japanese Battle Cruiser Kongo

Scootaloo23 #14 Posted 22 June 2013 - 04:13 PM

Commander

• Alpha Tester
I was not to huge into IJN ships anyways, so for me it hasn't been a serious issue. I still say bring it WG, I am pumped for WoWS!
Future Captain of the Alaska class battlecruiser USS Samoa CB-6.
"I will not abandon ship as long as a single gun can fire."-Julian F. Bectan

Guardsman322nd #15 Posted 22 June 2013 - 04:19 PM

Master Chief Petty Officer

• Alpha Tester
I voted 2, but I highly disagree with this sort of PC BS, this is historical stuff we are talking about here, let it be historically accurate.

Dunewarrior #16 Posted 22 June 2013 - 04:25 PM

Petty Officer

• Members
My enthusiasm for the game hasn't changed, but my contempt for prominant members of the community have certainly increased.
Good thing I tend to play solo anyways.

Made by RexTheMex

price300395 #17 Posted 22 June 2013 - 04:33 PM

Seaman

• Members
that's just a flag.. and this is just a game..
my enthusiasm hasn' change at all..
“And I can fight only for something that I love, love only what I respect, and respect only what I at least know.” ― Adolf Hitler

BattleSarge #18 Posted 22 June 2013 - 04:48 PM

Lieutenant Junior Grade

• Members
My enthusiasm is the same, although it annoys the hell out of me that people are complaining on the North American forum

"I want every man with two arms and two legs armed and on the front!" -Major Sheridan. R.U.S.E

The MAGICAL Wiki to answer all your WoWs questions!

triptyx #19 Posted 22 June 2013 - 04:52 PM

Commander

• Alpha Tester
No real change here.  This issue just isn't that important to me.

Snakehead1234 #20 Posted 22 June 2013 - 05:24 PM

Warrant Officer

• Members
If they do get rid of the rising sun what are they going to put in its place? It's hard to believe a big red circle could stir up so much controversy
Future Captain of Japanese Battle Cruiser Kongo