ShipComrade.com (World of Warships Fansite) : Updated 01/23/17

Ship Tree Red Tracker Guides Gameplay Videos Leaderboard

• Please log in to reply
88 replies to this topic

Critter8 #21 Posted 05 July 2015 - 11:25 AM

Master Chief Petty Officer

• WoWS Community Contributors

View PostFlagship_Nagato, on 05 July 2015 - 12:00 AM, said:

my only suggestion so far is maybe try to put some sort of outline or background on the WoWs logo on the right hand side...kind of hard to see against the metal background of that panel.

Actually, that is on purpose. It is supposed to look like the logo is a metal stamp onto the steel plate behind it. If you mouse over it, it turns into a big button. Messed with that thing for hours, just looked too crammed with a border/background behind it.

Thank you all so much for the feedback and support so far, keep it coming :)

[Edit] Found a different logo. what ya think?

Edited by Critter8, 05 July 2015 - 03:25 PM.

Creator of ShipComrade.com : Warships News, Guides & Community.

GKann #22 Posted 05 July 2015 - 10:07 PM

Seaman Recruit

• Members

Well Done!!!

GKann #23 Posted 05 July 2015 - 10:08 PM

Seaman Recruit

• Members

Well Done!!!

sushimaster #24 Posted 05 July 2015 - 10:27 PM

Lieutenant Junior Grade

• Members

Nice, been looking everywhere for a site that i can look at stat on ship. Thx!
Suggestion tho, make upgrade clickable so we can see how a ship performe once fully upgraded.
And overall esthetics need some work.
Functionality is good tho! Keep it up.

Redaction #25 Posted 06 July 2015 - 04:10 AM

Lieutenant Junior Grade

• Beta Testers

Ive been waiting for a site like this. Its kind of what FTR was to tanks. So thank you! :honoring:

" I freed over a 1000 slaves, I could have freed 1000 more if they knew they were slaves" -Harriet Tubman

"Those who would give up Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." -Benjamin Franklin

Critter8 #26 Posted 06 July 2015 - 02:09 PM

View PostRedaction, on 05 July 2015 - 11:10 PM, said:

Its kind of what FTR was to tanks. So thank you! :honoring:

Not sure what FTR is. I also own the sister domains for this one. (ShipComrade.com, TankComrade.com, PlaneComrade.com) The plan is once this one gets to the point where its growing well with more features & improvements is to use the same template for Tanks & Planes. Tanks will take some serious work (many more Tanks compared to Ships, why i started Ships 1st)

Kinda bummed on the EU announcement. A lot more posters over there. Without a Pin it disappears fast into the pages. Someone moved it this morning into the Fan zone location without a pin or a comment. So, I am not expecting many of the English speaking EU users to join us. :(

kindda a bummer though, the hope was to bring us together.

Redaction #27 Posted 06 July 2015 - 02:14 PM

Lieutenant Junior Grade

• Beta Testers

FTR was for the record, a site much like yours but for world of tanks, it is a good thing to be sure, and I wish success upon you.

" I freed over a 1000 slaves, I could have freed 1000 more if they knew they were slaves" -Harriet Tubman

"Those who would give up Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." -Benjamin Franklin

Unkle_Grimace #28 Posted 06 July 2015 - 07:22 PM

• Beta Testers
  • In AlfaTesters

Thanks Critter8 for a great new resource site! Hope everything runs smoothly and good luck to you!

Final_Spark #29 Posted 06 July 2015 - 07:25 PM

Lieutenant Commander

• Beta Testers

View PostRedaction, on 06 July 2015 - 10:14 AM, said:

FTR was for the record, a site much like yours but for world of tanks, it is a good thing to be sure, and I wish success upon you.

It wasn't all that similar. FTR was just a blog written by a guy who was able to get access to all sorts of happenings in mostly WoT and Wargaming as a whole. It was a little sensationalist at times, but the news posts were very appreciated and surprisingly in depth. It was the main bridge between the RU server stuff and the English speakers due to the translation effort, and was a main hub for any info leaks from the developer offices or testing builds. It's been passed on to RitaGamer on her StatusReport blog.

What Critter seems to have here is a repository of just about anything you need to be in the know without many subjective distractions.

Nerd2Core #30 Posted 06 July 2015 - 08:29 PM

Chief Petty Officer

• Beta Testers

Hey man nice site! Good work!
"The only thing that saves us from the bureaucracy is inefficiency. An efficient bureaucracy is the greatest threat to liberty."
  • Eugene McCarthy, quoted in Time magazine, 12 February 1979

Critter8 #31 Posted 06 July 2015 - 11:01 PM

View PostFinal_Spark, on 06 July 2015 - 02:25 PM, said:

FTR was just a blog written by a guy who was able to get access to all sorts of happenings in mostly WoT and Wargaming as a whole.

I think I might have that..sounded very possible when talking to the Wargaming staff here on the NA division (unless I read it wrong). Between that, and the ability to read all warship dev forum posts, no matter what language it is in via my Red Tracker (which you all can too). I'm convinced we can all be more informed. Their is so much more forum activity going on over in Russia than here. And I am somewhat sure, if the information is coming from there, it's probably effecting us. It is a Russian company. I could be wrong.

To be honest, I wouldn't be surprised if NA Wargaming staff here on this forum are not using the Red Tracker to see what their Russian & EU colleagues are talking to Customers about.

I have to agree with what some people who have posted. Information is kind of lacking on NA side. You can tell by following the Red Tracker, Staff levels are not created equal when it comes to NA vs EU vs RU. Not even close. To me, NA is doing the best they can to keep us all informed with the information they are given. Hopefully, what I created can bridge that information divide.

One more thing, The Red Tracker isn't always 100%, It is only translating the Post Title to minimize server load. So if the title is a single word in another language, it might freak and just give it a random language. Fixing them as fast as they pop up though. Will keep tweaking it. If that happens, just click the source icon for the non translated page.

TryckSh0t #32 Posted 07 July 2015 - 03:05 AM

• Beta Testers

Was messing around on your site last night, great stuff!

iChase #33 Posted 08 July 2015 - 04:23 AM

Ensign

Gave you a shoutout :) 

Core i7-4790K, ZOTAC GTX980 AMP!, 16GB RAM (1866Mhz), 2X128GB SSD, 9TB (1TB + 2X4TB) HDD, EVGA SuperNova 850G2

Youtube Channel | Twitch Channel | Discord Community | The Penguin Alliance - Clan Recruitment |

Critter8 #34 Posted 08 July 2015 - 04:50 PM

View PostiChase, on 07 July 2015 - 11:23 PM, said:

Gave you a shoutout :) 

Thank You so much IChase for your support.

Skyhawk320 #35 Posted 09 July 2015 - 06:26 PM

Seaman Recruit

• Members

I've been looking for a good tech tree.

Tricericon #36 Posted 09 July 2015 - 06:32 PM

Ensign

• Beta Testers

Have you considered using elite rather than (or in addition to) stock ship stats?

I am aware that my normal typing style can come across as rude on the internet. However, rest assured that no offense is intended.

DresdenDude #37 Posted 10 July 2015 - 04:57 AM

Seaman

• Beta Testers

Great job putting all this together, but could you work on your CSS a little? The site does not scale well with larger higher resolution monitors, and teh text is a but hard to read. IDK about anyone else but the gray on black writing really strains my eyes. Otherwise amazing job!!

Rolkatsuki #38 Posted 10 July 2015 - 05:16 AM

Admiral of the Navy

• Members

Excellent job, the fantsite still needs some work to be done such as the misleading historical information on the Izumo(looks pretty modern similar to the yamato to be a 1890s built armored cruiser), anyways keep up the work, site has potential, I loving what Im seeing so far.

The Great South Land's most truculent Dunkerque captain~

2s1vtak.png

Critter8 #39 Posted 10 July 2015 - 12:58 PM

View PostDresdenDude, on 09 July 2015 - 11:57 PM, said:

but could you work on your CSS a little? The site does not scale well with larger higher resolution monitors.

I have only tested up too 1080P, what resolution are you referring too? Please note, unlike some other sites, the same page scales for desktop, tablet or mobile. No separate sites for each device.

View PostDresdenDude, on 09 July 2015 - 11:57 PM, said:

teh text is a but hard to read. IDK about anyone else but the gray on black writing really strains my eyes. 

Which text are you referring too? Will get it fixed. The module text hopefully will be updated this weekend. Not sure who at Wargaming decided to put yellow & black text on the same transparent block, but its just hard too read. Looking to upgrade the module system to a database driven module system soon. 

View PostRolkatsuki, on 10 July 2015 - 12:16 AM, said:

Excellent job, the fantsite still needs some work to be done such as the misleading historical information on the Izumo(looks pretty modern similar to the yamato to be a 1890s built armored cruiser).

Thanks for pointing this out, Will get it updated.

Really appreciate the feedback (positive or negative). This Website/Portal was built for the all the fans, not just me.

Please note, Working on getting the Mod Directory done next. Looking for mod submissions over on our forums. Mods with screenshots preferred. (No Cheats Please)

Also opened up a forum section for YouTube video submissions. So share your videos with the community, If they really rock, we might just add it to the Ship Tree Directory. 

Thanks again all for your support.

psyco66 #40 Posted 12 July 2015 - 05:23 PM

Seaman

• Beta Testers

good job, wee needed a website like this one

2r2cep3.png

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users