Torpedo Basics

Torpedoes

• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

Fishrokk #41 Posted 13 May 2016 - 08:42 PM

Ensign

• Beta Testers

Sounds more like you switched to torpedoes without a target lock.  You only see a lead indicator when you are locked on a target to lead.

“OPEN FIRE WHEN READY. FEAR GOD. DREADNOUGHT.” - R Adm J Edward Snyder, USS New Jersey (BB-62)

I'm trying to expand my mind.  First I gotta do something about all these hobgoblins.

Quaffer #42 Posted 13 May 2016 - 08:59 PM

Captain

• Supertester
  • Alpha Tester

You can lock on a target from the torpedo screen with [Ctrl] X, but you must be within the range of the torpedoes or the lock won't take and you won't get a lead indicator.  Guns won't lock if they are out of range either.

I am under an NDA and will not comment on Super Testing.

CG_Grognard #43 Posted 05 June 2016 - 04:49 PM

Petty Officer

• Members

Thanks for this guide for I'm just now trying to use torpedoes in battle with limited success in a US cruiser.  I would like to confirm, that though you "lock" on a target doesn't imply the torpedo will adjust course to the target.
Fair winds and following seas​

Quaffer #44 Posted 05 June 2016 - 06:06 PM

Captain

• Supertester
  • Alpha Tester

Each torpedo will go in a straight line from the moment you launch it.  There are no seekers in the game, unless you consider aircraft flights to be individual weapons.  By the way; the torpedoes from torpedo bombers travel in straight lines as well.

I am under an NDA and will not comment on Super Testing.

Jenska #45 Posted 03 August 2016 - 08:19 PM

Warrant Officer

• Members

+1, excellent, just re-read it after several months of playing and it all still holds. great guide, beats learning it all the hard way.

View PostCG_Grognard, on 05 June 2016 - 11:49 AM, said:

Thanks for this guide for I'm just now trying to use torpedoes in battle with limited success in a US cruiser.  I would like to confirm, that though you "lock" on a target doesn't imply the torpedo will adjust course to the target.

The lock will move the aiming guide to match the target motion, but WILL NOT aim the torps for you. You do that with the green wedge using the grey for a GUIDE, not gospel, since the target can make changes. Once you fire, the torps are on their own.

UgliElmo #46 Posted 07 August 2016 - 12:55 PM

Seaman Recruit

• Members

I am new the this game and having problems with playing destroyers and using torps.  Last night I had a problem with the grey bar lining up with enemy ships I didn't want to torp.  By reading your post I found my answer to this dilemma:  The "X" key!    Thanks for the help Quaffer.  Saved me the indignity of having to ask the question, and being derided for it, by not going through my keyboard shortcut menu before playing.  

:)

51st_FC #47 Posted 15 September 2016 - 06:27 PM

Seaman

• Members

Thank You Very well written and presented.

I wish to have no connection with any ship that does not sail fast, for I intend to go in harm's way.

x_GAMBIT_x #48 Posted 19 January 2017 - 03:04 AM

Seaman Recruit

• Members

Just What I needed.

+1

Also tagged with Torpedoes

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users