Soviet Navy Stronk

Xandier59 #42 Posted 22 June 2015 - 09:55 PM

Master Chief Petty Officer

• Members

Sorry for noticing this...

I was not log in for WoWs for a while since the Armageddon campaign 

I will try to fix it soonTM XD

EDIT: lazy to post 2 in row

The pantsu flag work just fine... you just need to replace the patch.xml only in order to get it work

Thank~~

Edited by Xandier59, 22 June 2015 - 10:16 PM.

« [My Kancolle mod collection]  Pravda Team»

« Website patreon.com/Xandier59 - pravdateam.wordpress.com/ »

Takoyaki_Kantai #43 Posted 25 June 2015 - 10:12 AM

Seaman

• Beta Testers

Hey, Xandier, your email doesn't work (this: niju-support@mmo-radar.com) so I have no choice but to message you here. Here's the message:

Hi, there are several problems with your skins that makes any Japanese
national annoyed.

1. Kongou's eyes are not blue on the side of the hull. Please color correct this.

2. Kongou's tech tree image is not consistent to the other tech tree art. i.e. (no BATTLESHIP text on the right, lack of Kancolle logo on the left)

3. Please refrain from using the green/yellow symbol usually pasted on a car on any of the ships. That symbol means "beginner driver" in Japan. All ships are veterans of the war and it's silly to assume they are beginners. It just doesn't fit. Please remove all instances of that symbol on all the ships you've skinned so far. I beg you please.
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/e/ee/Wakaba_mark.svg/2000px-Wakaba_mark.svg.png

4. Please remove unnecessary symbols like ASUS on the skins. It makes no sense. If possible, add the companies and shipyards responsible for making the ships. For example, Zero Fighters would have the Mitsubishi logo.

5. Please remove your logo and "made by Team 20.3cm" text unless you plan on adding it on all ships. I prefer consistency in my skins. In simple terms, add your logo and text on all ships or don't add it at all.

6. If possible, add some consistency for Zuihou's skin. You have images of Kai 2 Zuihou and base Zuihou. It just doesn't make sense to me. Stick to one Zuihou, one or the other to make it more consistent if possible.

Remember mate, consistency is important in all of your skins. Okay??

I hope you take my word into consideration. I bought the pre-order partly because I wanted to use your skins!!

Thank you sir.

Xandier59 #44 Posted 25 June 2015 - 12:18 PM

• Members

wow, so much complain and suggestion I ever hear so far... I glad to hear this kind of feedback

anyway, thank for coming to search me in chatango, arigato C:

ok. let me explain it 1 by 1 then, happy to to this :D (but my english is bad, no worry)

1- wow, someone actually notice the eye color, good job there

well, basically it not my fault.. the fan art of the kongou pic made the eye color not blue, so the suggestion, do I need to recolor it?.. ok sure lol

2- Well the kongou skin was the first skin I made during the weekend test, so the style is a bit different than other, I make it for fun and to get ban xD

but no worry I planned to made a new one later (included all 4 sisters)

3- It just fun to put all kind of symbol and decal, furthermore I see the green/yellow icon many time while driving in my country, made me urge to put it on skin too,

sorry I will remove if you don't like it *bow*

4- well, honestly to say, my style of skin is like making skin for sport/rally car... so it is very different than other people taste,

I dunno how to explain the meaning I put those unrelated decal on the ship, I was just kind randomly put anything I have in my hardisk 

my concept, the more detail/crowded the skin, the better it will be

here is the best example of style I mean  : http://i.imgur.com/3aCZK0A.jpg miku :3

5- well.. some of them don't have the tag cause there is some skin I made before I joining the team.. or probably I forget to put.. teehee~~~ :P

I will recheck it and try to add the tag to all ship

6- well for this part, I cannot denied it... I kind out of pic for Zuihou kai ni to added, so I end up put the 2 base Zuihou pic on it, but I think only 1 base Zuihoi is on a place that are noticeable and other one not really easy to notice... but you sure not going to complain about Ryuujou pic on Zuihou skin too? I though that is the part that made people wondering a lot xD

consistency is important, yes I know it... but I am too bad making doing it, I am bad at math, school and social education

well, honestly I never take take any course/training or study to learn about doing this stuff in right way, so sorry for many mistake I done so far

to made it short, I will consider all of this suggestion and made all the skin in single pack download when I done fix it

​probably I will made sure it done before OBT.... maybe

Cheers,

Xandier59

Takoyaki_Kantai #45 Posted 26 June 2015 - 10:42 AM

Seaman

• Beta Testers

Hi Xandier59,

Thank you for the response. It DOES NOT MATTER if you are bad a math, school, or social education. You have a high sense of design and you have potential in the graphics design industry. Surely, you will beat most students aiming for that field at college. Remember, I only bought the CBT for Warships because I wanted to use your beautiful skins and show my Japanese pride in-game.

There is no need to apologize or explain that you are not good at certain subjects. I support your art very much. My co-worker runs a privately owned graphics design company, and he earns hundreds or thousands of dollars every time he makes art similar to yours. Digital art is a competitive marketplace, I am sure you can flourish and earn tons of money from it. Furthermore, your skins can act as part of your portfolio if you are to get a job in graphics design.

I don't know how high or low pay is in Malaysia and whether or not there is a great need for artists like yourself in that country. But I can tell you, if you move to Canada or the US, you are sure to earn a good amount of money there. If you want, please PM me your Skype name or Facebook name so we can stay in contact. Perhaps I can refer you to my co-worker or get him to give you advice to be successful in graphics design.

3. Well, "beginner driver" or "old age driver" stickers doesn't really work on ships. Admirals change ships from time to time, therefore you have different kinds of admirals who take control of the ships (i.e. experienced or not so experiences admirals). I can go on places like Reddit, 4chan, or 8chan to research which companies made which parts of the ship and its equipments.

4. Think about what kind of companies are appropriate for each ship. If I were to skin Junyou for example, I'd paste an Asahi Beer logo on that ship since her captain loves drinking. Modern computer parts companies, especially foreign ones other than British companies don't really fit with Japanese ships. Companies like Tamiya are fine because they are responsible for making most scaled models of Japanese ships. The other logos like Animation companies are fine too since they made Kancolle anime. I also suggest music companies that made the CDs and songs for Kancolle. Hobby companies like Good Smile Company is a good idea too. Aoshima works and so does Kotobukiya. But Asus? Doesn't work because they have no ties with Kancolle. Remember, choose companies that have ties with Kancolle or historical companies that have ties to the ships themselves.

6. I don't mind the image with Ryujyou and Zuihou together. After all, Ryujyou, Zuihou, and Taihou are the only carriers that are lolis. Loli carriers are great. Furthermore, Ryujyou and Zuihou are the only light carriers in Kancolle that are lolis, so it works fantastically. Add the same image on your Ryujyou carrier and you have a pair. :) I will also find some good Kai 2 Zuihous for you.

Xandier59 #46 Posted 28 June 2015 - 03:10 PM

• Members

Well.. Takoyaki-san 

thank for all the tips and info, I believe it will improve my work later soon

and sorry to say, I rarely use Skype, but if FB.. sure I can xD

anyway, here is today small update

a camo remover... cause the camo ruin the skin I made.. so need to made camo hidden xD

the concept/format just same as WoT camo.. so no worry

Cheers

Camouflage Remover [IJN and USA]

For version 0.4.0

DOWNLOAD

-> MEGA <-

MIRROR -

wtosh #47 Posted 29 June 2015 - 06:58 PM

Seaman

• Beta Testers

Do these skin work with our current version?

Xandier59 #48 Posted 30 June 2015 - 01:43 AM

• Members

View Postwtosh, on 29 June 2015 - 06:58 PM, said:

Do these skin work with our current version?

the CV, DD and the Cruiser skin work fine

just the BBs are need to fix

but I will release a mod pack of whole skin when it fixed

Xandier59 #49 Posted 03 July 2015 - 11:14 AM

• Members

The stock hull of Kongou and Fusou is now completed... now left Nagato stock hull to be fixed

guess.. I can finish it today if nothing goes wrong (like electric cut off or internet DC)

YamatoA150 #50 Posted 03 July 2015 - 04:16 PM

Captain

• Beta Testers
  • In AlfaTesters

I'd like to ask; how are you able to see the ships you don't own without the grayout?

My massive list of suggestions (Updated 05/17/2016).  Feel free to constructively debate and discuss.

Remember remember the 17th of September, the Tirpitz; which cost a lot.  Some say it's a fortune, and that it's extortion; but the price will never be forgot.

"I call her the Sandman.  She tells other tier 3 ships, "Hush now.  Only dreams," as she murders them."LittleWhiteMouse on Konig Albert - 08/30/2016

akh101 #51 Posted 03 July 2015 - 04:24 PM

Lieutenant Commander

• Alpha Tester
  • In AlfaTesters
    Beta Testers

View PostYamatoA150, on 03 July 2015 - 11:16 AM, said:

I'd like to ask; how are you able to see the ships you don't own without the grayout?

modification.

Soviet Navy Stronk

YamatoA150 #52 Posted 03 July 2015 - 06:33 PM

Captain

• Beta Testers
  • In AlfaTesters

View Postakh101, on 03 July 2015 - 10:24 AM, said:

modification.

Well that part was obvious; I was hoping to know what specific file needs to be added to remove the gray-out when previewing ships.

My massive list of suggestions (Updated 05/17/2016).  Feel free to constructively debate and discuss.

Remember remember the 17th of September, the Tirpitz; which cost a lot.  Some say it's a fortune, and that it's extortion; but the price will never be forgot.

"I call her the Sandman.  She tells other tier 3 ships, "Hush now.  Only dreams," as she murders them."LittleWhiteMouse on Konig Albert - 08/30/2016

Xandier59 #53 Posted 03 July 2015 - 11:30 PM

• Members

View PostYamatoA150, on 03 July 2015 - 06:33 PM, said:

Well that part was obvious; I was hoping to know what specific file needs to be added to remove the gray-out when previewing ships.

there is no need for a mod or modification to remove the gray-out of the unavailable ship 

just go to the setting and off the "Post Processing" .. and then you got a clear view of the ship without gray-out :) 

I dunno if I wanna delay the mod pack or not... still plenty of small object still not skin, like plane and small boat on ship  

well, great sorry 

anyway, I need someone to test out the new kongou remade skin..... expecially the 2nd hull, version

can anyone give me a screenshot of it for anyone who got the kongou already?

Kongou ver02 -  http://www.mediafire...olle_TEST .RAR 

Edited by Xandier59, 03 July 2015 - 11:33 PM.

YamatoA150 #54 Posted 04 July 2015 - 12:15 AM

Captain

• Beta Testers
  • In AlfaTesters

Thanks for the tip.

Here's the Kongou skins you were asking for examples of; please ignore the pink turrets and citadel on the second hull; those were carryover from Hauptmann Erica's FOG Hiei skin.  Graphics quality is at Medium since I'm currently playing from a gaming laptop.

Spoiler

Xandier59 #55 Posted 04 July 2015 - 12:51 AM

• Members

View PostYamatoA150, on 04 July 2015 - 12:15 AM, said:

Thanks for the tip.

Here's the Kongou skins you were asking for examples of; please ignore the pink turrets and citadel on the second hull; those were carryover from Hauptmann Erica's FOG Hiei skin.  Graphics quality is at Medium since I'm currently playing from a gaming laptop.

Spoiler

Oh my bad, I give the wrong hull files....

can you replace with this hull?.... and the citadel too (you can move the pink skin away a while?) 

sorry for giving wrong files... I am way to sleepy now >___> 

here the real one... teehee~~~

Kongou TEST02 - http://pasted.co/d89babf5

PS: WG block MEGA D:

YamatoA150 #56 Posted 04 July 2015 - 03:26 AM

Captain

• Beta Testers
  • In AlfaTesters

As requested:  Default Deck House, Default Guns, and your Test Hull.

Here's the direct link.

Xandier59 #57 Posted 04 July 2015 - 03:55 AM

• Members

oh my... it would be great screen

if you use the gun and deck I give to you before >_____>

well, I not going to force you to do a lot of work... we guess I figure other way to get the skin fully skinned

PS: WG programming is the best! ^^

YamatoA150 #58 Posted 04 July 2015 - 04:12 AM

Captain

• Beta Testers
  • In AlfaTesters

The test file didn't have the main gun dds file for what the upgraded Kongou uses; just the hull and deck house.  The default hull though, DOES have the full skin (main guns, deck house, and hull), as you saw in my first image.

I don't mind helping you see it (least I could do for quickly telling me how to get rid of the gray-out preview); I just need the main gun dds for the upgraded hull (I also found I forgot to copy over the Deck House file, so silly me there :D).

Your Test file had:

Main Gun:  JGM097_356mm45_a.dds

Which is what the default Kongou hull uses.

What the upgraded Kongou hull uses:

Main Gun:  JGM049_356mm45_Type41_a.dds

Quick image with the Deck House I forgot to copy over.

Spoiler

I hope you don't mind me using the skins on rotation with others.  It's well-done.

Xandier59 #59 Posted 04 July 2015 - 06:17 AM

• Members

View PostYamatoA150, on 04 July 2015 - 04:12 AM, said:

Your Test file had:

Main Gun:  JGM097_356mm45_a.dds

Which is what the default Kongou hull uses.

What the upgraded Kongou hull uses:

Main Gun:  JGM049_356mm45_Type41_a.dds

well guess time to skin other gun as well

alright it finish here... take it,

and then plz help me take screenshot of the ship skin, only few is enough :3

2nd Gun - DOWNLOAD

PS: guess you don't need the AA and 2nd gun for now

Edited by Xandier59, 04 July 2015 - 06:18 AM.

YamatoA150 #60 Posted 04 July 2015 - 06:48 AM

Captain

• Beta Testers
  • In AlfaTesters

Your call if you want the AA modeled; though I don't think it will show up all that well with my current game settings.

Here's a quick bow-end closeup I took.  Here's the full set of images (linking them rather than posting since I remembered that I'm still using the historically correct Ensign mod).  And here's the aft portion; I took it mainly just to show you that some of your decals are inverted/mirrored.

Really nice job regardless.

Also tagged with Skin, Kancolle, Kantai Collection, Anime, girl, game, icon

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users