World of Warships release!

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
29 replies to this topic

Shermanm1a1 #1 Posted 21 February 2013 - 08:48 PM

Master Chief Petty Officer

• Members
Hello, making this thread for the people who keep asking in new threads.

World of Warships has NOT been released yet. There is still a need for an Alpha stage which will go to a closed beta, and open beta and then it will be released.

Currently it is said that the Alpha test will start in Quarter three of this year, but that is not a definite answer.

"Q: When will Alpha Test be started?
A: As soon as the game will require this stage of Development." - Vallter in F.A.Q. thread.  FAQ Link

What is are the Alpha and Beta stages? (In general)

1) The Alpha stage is the first phase of testing. It is when main gameplay functionality is introduced and some parts are finished. Basically it is playable with the major features. The main focus of this stage is on finishing key points and fixing up a few bugs with it, mostly the obvious ones. This stage is also not released to the public, for many games only developers play it to find out problems but for World of Warships they offer the chance to be part of it. Also keep in mind that the game is not very stable at this time.

2) The Closed Beta stage is mostly about fixing up bugs and most problems have been fixed. This is where many gamers are allowed to try out the game (More than Alpha). Usually a game has this because not everything is found in the Alpha stage and with many more people they are much more easily found. Usually during a beta test many characters/possessions/etc will be removed/wiped and almost always at the end of the test. World of Warships will have a wipe just like World of Tanks and World of Warplanes in the future.

3) The Open Beta is when the game is released to the public and is considered an MMO (For WoWS) Anyone can get the game at this point and you may keep your characters after the full release (Not for WoWS). It is more about adding new features than fixing bugs/problems with the game.

4) The game's release is when there are no more testing stages, it is mainly about adding new features from there on (Like WoT). Like the open beta anyone can get the game at this point.

If you want to know more about World of Warships and what is planned read the FAQ/Q&A.
You can also ask questions on the Questions and answers #3

FAQ Link   Q&A #3 Link

And again please understand that the game has NOT yet been released, nor has there been a test so please refrain from asking about it.

If you have anything to add please post below or even better send me a PM. My account link - http://forum.worldof...26-shermanm1a1/
This is also my first thread so criticism for the future is appreciated  :Smile_smile:

Edited by Shermanm1a1, 21 February 2013 - 08:57 PM.

New? Need info? Look at the World of Warships wiki page - Link
Or look at the Questions to Developers / FAQ section of the World of Warships forums forums
- Created by Slayer1010

Shermanm1a1 #2 Posted 21 February 2013 - 08:49 PM

• Members
Reserved space.Title made to attract noobie's eyes. Also after reading some posts below you should understand the info on the testing stages are for MOST games. I know WoWS will do things differently. I was just giving general info for new people.

Edited by Shermanm1a1, 22 February 2013 - 05:30 PM.

Or look at the Questions to Developers / FAQ section of the World of Warships forums forums
- Created by Slayer1010

kenceo #3 Posted 21 February 2013 - 09:12 PM

Chief Petty Officer

• Members
Not being offensive but there are many thread like these guiding new user http://forum.worldof...e-new-recruits/ .But I don't think this will be enough to stop newcomers from posting Frequently Posted Thread(FPT).It is better if new users are directed automatically to the FAQ about the alpha testing,etc so they know about it before they post thread about when the game will be released.To newcomers,welcome, welcome to World of Warships(WOWS).You have chosen, or  been chosen, to relocate to one of our finest forums.I thought so much of WOWS that I posted to establish my comment here, in the thread so thoughtfully provided by our benefactors.I have been proud to call WOWS my game. And so, whether you are here to post comment, or passing through on your way to threads unknown - welcome to WOWS. It's safer here

Edited by kenceo, 21 February 2013 - 09:36 PM.

:Smile_sad::Smile_hiding::Smile_izmena::Smile-angry::Smile_sceptic: This is not a signature.

Wunderwaffen1945 #4 Posted 21 February 2013 - 09:18 PM

Ensign

• Members
This wont stop them...

"I've been here before and I will come again, but I'm not going this trip through..."

tankwarhammer9000 #5 Posted 21 February 2013 - 09:19 PM

Admiral of the Navy

• Alpha Tester
lol i hate myself for asking this but it means all ship progress is wiped at the end of closed beta? D:

tankwarhammer9000sigv4_zpsc1aa0619.gif?t

Admiral of the Navy And Grand Empress

RedSunset #6 Posted 21 February 2013 - 09:45 PM

Petty Officer

• Members

View Posttankwarhammer9000, on 21 February 2013 - 09:19 PM, said:

lol i hate myself for asking this but it means all ship progress is wiped at the end of closed beta? D:

Thats how it should be, and how it is going to be

Crag_r #7 Posted 21 February 2013 - 09:52 PM

Rear Admiral

• Alpha Tester

View Posttankwarhammer9000, on 21 February 2013 - 09:19 PM, said:

It is highly likely, however it is also highly likely that during Alpha there will be a few wipes as well. In WoWP i have seen 3 so far and i only got in at the start of CBT

"Unrivalled"

The Naval Aviator's Motto,

Royal Australian Navy

Super_Dreadnought #8 Posted 21 February 2013 - 09:52 PM

Vice Admiral

• Alpha Tester
Yup it all gets wiped.

However if you've played the alpha/betas you will go into the full release with that precious experience. You will know what you're doing (hopefully) having already finished the baby steps. While everyone else is starting as newbies with horrific win rates, experienced alpha/beta testers can immediately start kicking butt.

brian333 #9 Posted 21 February 2013 - 09:57 PM

Lieutenant

• Members
Does this qualify? Probably. *drinks*
Turn right!

RedSunset #10 Posted 21 February 2013 - 10:03 PM

Petty Officer

• Members

View PostDeadnought, on 21 February 2013 - 09:52 PM, said:

Yup it all gets wiped.

However if you've played the alpha/betas you will go into the full release with that precious experience. You will know what you're doing (hopefully) having already finished the baby steps. While everyone else is starting as newbies with horrific win rates, experienced alpha/beta testers can immediately start kicking butt.

Thats my idea of been a Alpha/Beta Tester :3

triptyx #11 Posted 21 February 2013 - 10:30 PM

Commander

• Alpha Tester
Yup, Beta progress is never pushed into release.  There are often Exp modifiers and other mechanics in place to allow for shorter "grinds" to allow testers to reach the various tiers and vehicles for best testing coverage.

Wake_Island #12 Posted 21 February 2013 - 11:37 PM

Captain

• Members
Do you honestly they are going to look for a thread about when it is going to be released HA no, they will instantly create a thread asking the question.

and very misleading title.

Edited by Wake_Island, 21 February 2013 - 11:45 PM.

http://www.partridgegetslucky.com/

Go to it!!! ^

yournamehere84 #13 Posted 21 February 2013 - 11:54 PM

Seaman Recruit

• Members
so...when it goes into alpha will there be a long waiting period to get in?(like in world of warplanes)

DementedMind #14 Posted 22 February 2013 - 12:33 AM

• Alpha Tester
With all respect, If they dont even read pinned threads, why would they read this?

View Postyournamehere84, on 21 February 2013 - 11:54 PM, said:

so...when it goes into alpha will there be a long waiting period to get in?(like in world of warplanes)
They said Alpha will be short.

Closed beta tester of WoT/WoWP.

Crag_r #15 Posted 22 February 2013 - 12:56 AM

Rear Admiral

• Alpha Tester
Sorry guys, but as confirmed by Gaea her self!

View PostGaea, on 14 December 2012 - 01:09 AM, said:

it's never coming out, never.  :Smile_trollface:

"Unrivalled"

Royal Australian Navy

xS_DEADLY_Sx #16 Posted 22 February 2013 - 01:19 AM

Admiral

• Alpha Tester

View PostCrag_r, on 22 February 2013 - 12:56 AM, said:

Sorry guys, but as confirmed by Gaea her self!
But who's that chap with the dislocated jaw next to the post and what could it possibly mean? I can only assume that this man has hacked the WG system, and we should eradicate anyone whose avatar looks similar!
*looks at Wake*

And these topics won't help. Posts about where to download come from people that don't read, so we can assume this won't be read either, despite the title that would attract people looking for a download

WoWs Alpha Tester. Asking questions about the game will result in decapitation 
Don't forget to join the 'The First Armada' WoT Clan: http://worldoftanks....-role_hierarchy

Crag_r #17 Posted 22 February 2013 - 02:03 AM

Rear Admiral

• Alpha Tester
To be honest i dont actually mind all these "how to download" posts, its not like the end of the world every time one is posted. And most will often answer the users question plus more anyway.

"Unrivalled"

Royal Australian Navy

Shermanm1a1 #18 Posted 22 February 2013 - 03:48 AM

• Members

View PostWake_Island, on 21 February 2013 - 11:37 PM, said:

Do you honestly they are going to look for a thread about when it is going to be released HA no, they will instantly create a thread asking the question.

and very misleading title.

A title that would attract newbie's eyes.
- Created by Slayer1010

Wunderwaffen1945 #19 Posted 22 February 2013 - 07:02 AM

Ensign

• Members
Never gonna stop the show!

"I've been here before and I will come again, but I'm not going this trip through..."

t42592 #20 Posted 22 February 2013 - 07:05 AM

Captain

• Alpha Tester
After the wipe, testers are typically given initial resources to help them on their way in the public release.