Tanz's Shipyard

Duca dAosta Added

• Please log in to reply
1712 replies to this topic

Warchild360 #301 Posted 01 July 2015 - 11:07 AM

Lieutenant Junior Grade

• Beta Testers

View PostErebia, on 01 July 2015 - 01:44 AM, said:

As I find the twin 40 mm really ugly how can I do a model swap ?

buy rewriting half a dozen model definition files which each have any number of numerical lines defining undefined variables of each model, its material, and a hundred other things.. The first issue you would run into is which twin fourty?? There are many twin fourty models and if you choose the incorrect one, you will only cause problems with the game. Then there are the textures. which texture set does that twin forty use?? It goes on and on and on and topping the whole thing is the games absolute inability to handle any mistakes whatsoever in coding. A misplaced colon will crash the game. A texture reference that doesnt agree with the server, will crash the game, everything will crash the game. It's not hopeless, but like i said, you'd have to be an expert programmer to pull it off..

Your best bet if they bother you that much is to work through the model that you have and get the next hull or ship..

Edited by Babalooy, 01 July 2015 - 11:10 AM.

MaliceA4Thought #302 Posted 01 July 2015 - 11:17 AM

Lieutenant

• Alpha Tester

View PostDestinys_Sword, on 30 June 2015 - 10:41 PM, said:

What exactly is wrong with the skin? Is it just the camo showing up over the skin or is the skin not even being applied underneath the camo? 

let me do some testing and answer that for you..  in fact let me show you what it looks like in my port.  Could it be theres a couple of other files I need to kill?

And the servers down..  I'll post it up later.

I think it's partially being applied as I have twin stripes on the funnel, but I still have the origional WG blues, greys and blacks all over the place.. not the nice smooth grey of the pics.  Not using in-game paid for camos yet.

G

EDIT :-   Destinys Sword..   sorry the fault was mine..  when moving files over, I lost a level on the content folder so wasn't overriding the WG camo scheme..  apologies.

G

Edited by MaliceA4Thought, 01 July 2015 - 12:26 PM.

Victorious warriors win first and then go to war, whilst defeated warriors go to war and then seek to win
(Sun Tzu)

A Veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to "My Country" for an amount of "up to and including my life."

Erebia #303 Posted 01 July 2015 - 01:11 PM

Seaman

• Members

View PostBabalooy, on 01 July 2015 - 11:07 AM, said:

buy rewriting half a dozen model definition files which each have any number of numerical lines defining undefined variables of each model, its material, and a hundred other things.. The first issue you would run into is which twin fourty?? There are many twin fourty models and if you choose the incorrect one, you will only cause problems with the game. Then there are the textures. which texture set does that twin forty use?? It goes on and on and on and topping the whole thing is the games absolute inability to handle any mistakes whatsoever in coding. A misplaced colon will crash the game. A texture reference that doesnt agree with the server, will crash the game, everything will crash the game. It's not hopeless, but like i said, you'd have to be an expert programmer to pull it off..

Your best bet if they bother you that much is to work through the model that you have and get the next hull or ship..

I am an expert programmer now :B

Go to res, content, gameplay, usa, gun, aaircraft, copy AGA008_40mm_Bofors_Mk2 in resmod, content, gameplay, usa, gun, aaircraft and change it's name and all the files names inside to AGA002_40mm_Bofors_Mk1 and done.

Made the Langley have F9F jet as stock fighters also :P

Destinys_Sword #304 Posted 01 July 2015 - 05:49 PM

Chief Petty Officer

• Supertester

View PostMaliceA4Thought, on 01 July 2015 - 06:17 AM, said:

let me do some testing and answer that for you..  in fact let me show you what it looks like in my port.  Could it be theres a couple of other files I need to kill?

And the servers down..  I'll post it up later.

I think it's partially being applied as I have twin stripes on the funnel, but I still have the origional WG blues, greys and blacks all over the place.. not the nice smooth grey of the pics.  Not using in-game paid for camos yet.

G

EDIT :-   Destinys Sword..   sorry the fault was mine..  when moving files over, I lost a level on the content folder so wasn't overriding the WG camo scheme..  apologies.

G

No problem, just glad the skin is working for you now :)

Spoiler

PringleMan5 #305 Posted 02 July 2015 - 03:50 AM

Seaman

• Alpha Tester

View PostBabalooy, on 01 July 2015 - 06:07 AM, said:

Hold your horses friend, it is not THAT complicated. See, the way they programmed this game actually gives them a ton of freedom and ease over how those objects are placed and laid out. Models are different than the stats for the gun. The game is not going to care what/how you have graphics wise. The important part is what the hitboxes are and what the gun stats are. Those are totally independent of the model. You can change the model to whatever you want without touching a line of code. It is simple renaming.

edit: As an encore, and to prove my point, here is the Hashidate with Yamato Guns. See, the guns will have still have the same stats as the hashidate guns. The game doesn't care, the model is purely visual. Textures and models mean absolutely nothing to it.

Posted Image

Edited by PringleMan5, 02 July 2015 - 04:46 AM.

PringleMan5 #306 Posted 02 July 2015 - 06:25 PM

Seaman

• Alpha Tester

edit: Nevermind, solved my problem. Turns out in my paths.xml res_mods was below res for some reason, causing it to not load in the res_mods content

Edited by PringleMan5, 02 July 2015 - 06:33 PM.

Tanz #307 Posted 03 July 2015 - 12:33 AM

Lieutenant

• Supertester
  • In AlfaTesters
    Beta Testers

View PostPringleMan5, on 02 July 2015 - 12:25 PM, said:

edit: Nevermind, solved my problem. Turns out in my paths.xml res_mods was below res for some reason, causing it to not load in the res_mods content

They seem to swith those 2 line from time to time :rolleyes::D

Tanz #308 Posted 03 July 2015 - 02:15 AM

Lieutenant

• Supertester
  • In AlfaTesters
    Beta Testers

Ishizuchi added :popcorn:

TheStarSlayer #309 Posted 04 July 2015 - 03:47 AM

Lieutenant Junior Grade

• Beta Testers

I tend to go for the historic skins but Izzy looks pretty sexy as an Italian Bird. Ill need to try it out when I get back from vacation.

Thanks for the art Tanz!

My Warship Skins (Mostly Historical) Ships available: 

MikasaFusō, Nagato, Amagi, Zeonic ShimakazeArkansas β, Texas, BogueIndependence, SaipanRanger, Saratoga, König Albert, Leander, Minotaur

Latest:  Sweet Home Alabama

Tanz #310 Posted 04 July 2015 - 05:17 AM

Lieutenant

• Supertester
  • In AlfaTesters
    Beta Testers

New...Alternate :hiding: look for the Yamato is up.

TotenKampf #311 Posted 04 July 2015 - 06:08 AM

Chief Petty Officer

• Beta Testers

New Yamato is....very interesting lol. I think it's how vibrant the colours are. Although I have to ask. Why did the IJN use greens to camouflage their ships at times? Hide their ships as "Islands" when in port?

Tanz #312 Posted 04 July 2015 - 09:19 AM

Lieutenant

• Supertester
  • In AlfaTesters
    Beta Testers

View PostTotenKampf, on 04 July 2015 - 12:08 AM, said:

New Yamato is....very interesting lol. I think it's how vibrant the colours are. Although I have to ask. Why did the IJN use greens to camouflage their ships at times? Hide their ships as "Islands" when in port?

I actually had to darken the base..if I used the actual green of the IJN it would look more yellow green. The lighting in this game alters the looks of all the camos. Here's what the model camo looks like.

http://mmzone.co.kr/album/view.php?id=39940

It wasn't until about mid-war that the Japanese got more interested in it...but from what I've read mainly for CVs and transports. Naval auxiliaries, Merchants, & CVs were camouflaged in colors obtained through experimentation and research.

Dazzle was never used on major warships. 

When it came to colors / brightness, each color was tested in an Optical lab. A color was made from various colors which had been put on a rotating disk and the degree of brightness of the color similar to the color produced by the disk was measured. 

The camo you see on my CVs (minus Taiho) when it comes to the decks it was hoped would be confused with a merchant ship. The Dark green on the sides was to make it hard for CV to be spotted by subs by confusing it to its course. The Dark green also had the intention of making the CV look like a merchant ship. 

Here's a link to a PDF I ran across online on "Camouflage of Japanese Ships and Naval Installation" by the USN in 1945.

http://www.fischer-tropsch.org/primary_documents/gvt_reports/USNAVY/USNTMJ%20Reports/USNTMJ-200K-0022-0089%20Report%20X-32.pdf

TotenKampf #313 Posted 04 July 2015 - 09:30 AM

Chief Petty Officer

• Beta Testers

Very good reads, thank you kindly,Tanz

Bullet6656 #314 Posted 05 July 2015 - 06:03 PM

Seaman

• Beta Testers

Tanz the Jap Flag is not working followed must recent update instructions. I don't see other Jap ships with it either.

Tanz #315 Posted 06 July 2015 - 12:19 AM

Lieutenant

• Supertester
  • In AlfaTesters
    Beta Testers

View PostBullet6656, on 05 July 2015 - 12:03 PM, said:

Tanz the Jap Flag is not working followed must recent update instructions. I don't see other Jap ships with it either.

Ok Bullet6656

Open your main World of Warships Folder, Res, Content, Gameplay, & Common.

In the Common Folder open the Flags Folder and drop the file in it. 

The just restart your Game and you should be Good to go.

Let me know if that doesn't work for you :popcorn:

RearAdmiralButts #316 Posted 06 July 2015 - 01:13 AM

Warrant Officer

• Beta Testers

View PostBullet6656, on 05 July 2015 - 06:03 PM, said:

​I believe the preferred nomenclature is "IJN"

100% fresh unpurchased organic Closed Beta Tester. Freshness guaranteed!

"I intend to go in harm's way.... 
I have a fighting ship and I will never retreat from an enemy force..."

CDR E.E. Evans, USN, October 27, 1943 at 
USS JOHNSTON's commissioning

Tanz #317 Posted 07 July 2015 - 05:11 AM

Lieutenant

• Supertester
  • In AlfaTesters
    Beta Testers

I just updated my Zuiho skin. when first made it I didn't add the camo to the stock 1940 hull. I provided a separate link that gives you the skin for that hull. I probably could have merged them into 1 file..but its late and I'm tired :sceptic:

ajapanzer5 #318 Posted 07 July 2015 - 06:25 PM

Ensign

• Beta Testers

View PostTanz, on 02 April 2015 - 12:07 AM, said:

Yamato

I had been looking to do a different look for the Yamato but wasn't sure what to do. Then I came across a model of the Super Yamato with the camo you see below. I figured it would be cool to take a shot at it. I wasn't able to exactly reproduce the camo 100% but  I got pretty close. Interesting enough a player had asked me to create this camo as  well so it worked out.

So enjoy this new version

More to come :popcorn:

Beautiful! +1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000! :medal:

Edited by ajapanzer5, 07 July 2015 - 08:40 PM.

Gojira Hunter

Generalissimus of the Soviet Union

Newb extraordinaire

defklo #319 Posted 08 July 2015 - 09:53 AM

Petty Officer

• Developers

Wow O_O

So camos... much skins...

We (game design team) are really impressed! :)

We had two books of Friedmann, 75 books of 'Gakken', five sheets of military fleet annual reference book of Jane's, a flash drive half-full of Fletcher blueprints, a whole galaxy of multi-colored 'Okrety Svetovy', 'Profile Morskije', 'Maly Modelarz'... Also, a volume of 'Kaigun', a volume of Lacroix, a collection of 'Midel-Spanhout' magazine, a pack of raw Hiraga's sketches, and two dozen 'Maru Special Standalones'. Not that we needed all that for the research, but once you get locked into a serious reference collection, the tendency is to research game as far as you can. The only thing that really worried me was Hiraga. There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a early Kongo designs, and I knew we'd get into that ironclad-looked stuff pretty soon.

bolshoibooze #320 Posted 08 July 2015 - 10:51 AM

Seaman Recruit

• WG Staff

Just wanted to stop by and say that this is something really impresive! Awesome work! 

5 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 5 guests, 0 anonymous users