Tanz's Shipyard

Duca dAosta Added

• Please log in to reply
1712 replies to this topic

rustydawg #1701 Posted 23 May 2017 - 04:05 PM

Master Chief Petty Officer

• Members

View Postrustydawg, on 17 May 2017 - 07:08 AM, said:

I downloaded your skin for the Wakatake IJN DD, IJN Karukaya, And found that the Guns are the wrong type and number. You have JGS016_120mm45_a and JGS051_120mm45_turret_a in the folder and it doesn't change the main gun texture.!!!

I found (JGS051_a), written just like that in the textures folder, is the texture needed to make the main gun texture work.

By the way, I love your skins, I have most of the German BB, DD, CL line and a good chunk of the Japanese and Russian skins.

The path for the file needed: japan/gun/secondary/textures/JGS051_a

Please keep up the good work!

Best regards,

rustydawg

Tanz did you see this?

Hope you get the download fixed.

Tanz #1702 Posted 23 May 2017 - 04:29 PM

Lieutenant

• Supertester
  • In AlfaTesters
    Beta Testers

View Post_no_one_, on 20 May 2017 - 04:21 PM, said:

Beautiful work Tanz. I want to ask if is possible to reupload the Nurnberg Skin. It gives an error in the link. 

Thank you

Not sure whats up as I had no issues clicking on the link...nor did some of my friends I asked to check it. Download worked fine. :hmm:

Xwing_Red1 #1703 Posted 24 May 2017 - 02:36 AM

Warrant Officer

• Members

Hi Tanz.

Could you tell us what is the name of Bismarck's hulls that use the rewarded camo from the? Im asking this, becuase it looks like a different model form the original; even the turrets look like they have a different name.

Plus It looks that it can be "painted" with your 3rd Bismarck May, 1941 paintjob. :)

Edited by Xwing_Red1, 24 May 2017 - 02:41 AM.

Raptormama #1704 Posted 24 May 2017 - 03:23 PM

Petty Officer

• Members

View PostXwing_Red1, on 23 May 2017 - 08:36 PM, said:

Hi Tanz.

Could you tell us what is the name of Bismarck's hulls that use the rewarded camo from the? Im asking this, becuase it looks like a different model form the original; even the turrets look like they have a different name.

Plus It looks that it can be "painted" with your 3rd Bismarck May, 1941 paintjob. :)

I did find the files themselves with the unpacker but I haven't unlocked the Bismarck yet so I haven't been able to experiment much. I did try to change the yellow turrets to red for consistency with the rest of my Kriegsmarine skins (I use the red turrets, always), but I'm not seeing enough players with the skins applied in battle to test them out. I do think I saw a ship with my red turrets at one point but I don't know what the user's settings were. I inquired in battle once and someone who does have the ship said that the camos are applied in the exterior tab just like any other and the ship is not a separate "entry" in your port list nor is the damaged hull a choice in the hull module list.

The hull is a different model as if I preview in port the unresearched ship does use Tanz' lovely skin. I'm hoping that once I unlock the ship I can figure out how to get the skins available here to apply. I'm hoping to finish the mission series in the next day or two so sometime this week I can work on it if Tanz doesn't beat me to it.

The special Hood and Bismarck camo files have "Nolan" in their file names.

Edited by Raptormama, 24 May 2017 - 03:28 PM.

TheStarSlayer #1705 Posted 24 May 2017 - 03:32 PM

Lieutenant Junior Grade

• Beta Testers

Is it available in the training room?  If so, you can setup a battle with an inactive one and check it out in close detail.

My Warship Skins (Mostly Historical) Ships available: 

MikasaFusō, Nagato, Amagi, Zeonic ShimakazeArkansas β, Texas, BogueIndependence, SaipanRanger, Saratoga, König Albert, Leander, Minotaur

Latest:  Sweet Home Alabama

Sephy_the_OWA #1706 Posted 26 May 2017 - 02:30 AM

Petty Officer

• Members

Tanz did you ever consider making a few alt skins for Scharnhorst ?Like you';ve done for Bismark and Tiripitz

Xwing_Red1 #1707 Posted 26 May 2017 - 06:16 PM

Warrant Officer

• Members

View PostRaptormama, on 24 May 2017 - 09:23 AM, said:

I did find the files themselves with the unpacker but I haven't unlocked the Bismarck yet so I haven't been able to experiment much. I did try to change the yellow turrets to red for consistency with the rest of my Kriegsmarine skins (I use the red turrets, always), but I'm not seeing enough players with the skins applied in battle to test them out. I do think I saw a ship with my red turrets at one point but I don't know what the user's settings were. I inquired in battle once and someone who does have the ship said that the camos are applied in the exterior tab just like any other and the ship is not a separate "entry" in your port list nor is the damaged hull a choice in the hull module list.

The hull is a different model as if I preview in port the unresearched ship does use Tanz' lovely skin. I'm hoping that once I unlock the ship I can figure out how to get the skins available here to apply. I'm hoping to finish the mission series in the next day or two so sometime this week I can work on it if Tanz doesn't beat me to it.

The special Hood and Bismarck camo files have "Nolan" in their file names.

If ypu can figure model's name (Hull, ragefinders, main guns, secondaires and hull), I think that just renaming Tanz's Bismarkcs paints would be enough.

Raptormama #1708 Posted Yesterday, 01:31 AM

Petty Officer

• Members

I finally did it, but oh what a hassle; you have to figure out which skin is the correct one for each state (standard, special live, special dead). The standard state is the one the skin package normally installs to. And some of the special textures are named "clean" and some are named "dead". The good news is that the textures work fine. You do need to duplicate a few (there's separate texture files for turrets with rangefinders and those without) but the same file works for both.

I installed all three of the Bismarck skins. I should probably change state 2 (intact special camo) to have gray turret tops but I don't feel like bothering yet. Anyway, have a look.

Standard hull/skin

Special, live

Special, dead

As you can see, the holes in the hull work fine and due to the bump map file the scattered pieces of deck are still visible. This is all three versions of the Bismarck skin, and now it's possible to see all of them in battle instead of having to choose just one! Nice bonus.

As for the yellow turrets. There's a discussion over here about whether the ship had the turret tops painted yellow or not along with some discussion about whether they were painted red and where that idea came from. I may switch the "special, live" turrets to red at some point for variety. The diagrams I could find for Bismarck's turret colors show that only the top of the turrets were likely painted (as Tanz did) and not the entire turret (like the default "special" yellow turrets).

Note that because these skins use a different hull model than the tech tree Bismarck, you do not need to make any changes to your camouflages.xml file.

Edited by Raptormama, Yesterday, 01:35 AM.

Xwing_Red1 #1709 Posted Yesterday, 01:43 AM

Warrant Officer

• Members

View PostRaptormama, on 26 May 2017 - 07:31 PM, said:

I finally did it, but oh what a hassle; you have to figure out which skin is the correct one for each state (standard, special live, special dead). The standard state is the one the skin package normally installs to. And some of the special textures are named "clean" and some are named "dead". The good news is that the textures work fine. You do need to duplicate a few (there's separate texture files for turrets with rangefinders and those without) but the same file works for both.

I installed all three of the Bismarck skins. I should probably change state 2 (intact special camo) to have gray turret tops but I don't feel like bothering yet. Anyway, have a look.

Standard hull/skin

Special, live

Special, dead

As you can see, the holes in the hull work fine and due to the bump map file the scattered pieces of deck are still visible. This is all three versions of the Bismarck skin, and now it's possible to see all of them in battle instead of having to choose just one! Nice bonus.

As for the yellow turrets. There's a discussion over here about whether the ship had the turret tops painted yellow or not along with some discussion about whether they were painted red and where that idea came from. I may switch the "special, live" turrets to red at some point for variety. The diagrams I could find for Bismarck's turret colors show that only the top of the turrets were likely painted (as Tanz did) and not the entire turret (like the default "special" yellow turrets).

Note that because these skins use a different hull model than the tech tree Bismarck, you do not need to make any changes to your camouflages.xml file.

Nice. I knew that some one could figure it  xD

Can you tell us the file's names of Special live and Special dead?

Raptormama #1710 Posted Yesterday, 03:31 AM

Petty Officer

• Members

I think these are all of the files you need (along with the skins, install the "misc German ship parts" that are also available to color-match other parts of the ship so secondaries, cranes, etc. will match):

In \gun\main\textures

GGM001_380mm_SKC_34_RF_Bismarck_a.dds
GGM503_380mm_SKC_34_Nolan_a.dds
GGM503_380mm_SKC_34_Nolan_dead_a.dds
GGM504_380mm_SKC_34_RF_Nolan_a.dds

In gun\secondary\textures

GGS505_150mm_SKC_28_Nolan_a.dds
GGS506_150mm_SKC_28_Nolan_2_a.dds
GGS506_150mm_SKC_28_Nolan_a.dds
GGS507_150mm_SKC_28_RF_Nolan_a.dds
GGS508_105mm_SKC_33_Nolan_a.dds
GGS510_150mm_SKC_28_Bismarck_dead_a.dds
GGS510_150mm_SKC_28_Bismark_a.dds
GGS511_150mm_SKC_28_RF_Bismarck_dead_a.dds
GGS511_150mm_SKC_28_RF_Bismark_a.dds

In \ship\battleship\textures

GSB019_Bismarck_1941_DeckHouse_Nolan_a.dds
GSB019_Bismarck_1941_hull_Nolan_a.dds
GSB020_Bismarck_1941_DeckHouse_Nolan_Clean_a.dds
GSB020_Bismarck_1941_hull_Nolan_Clean_a.dds

Generally, "dead" is the "zombie" skin and "clean" is for the "special, live" skin. You'll have to experiment a bit to find the right files. The SKC28 (secondary battery) texture is a little weird because of the 2 in one of the names. Took me a while to figure out why one of the guns wasn't being skinned.

If I missed one, let me know. Remember that the with-rangefinder versions are exactly the same as without, so just copy the same file twice.

It turns out that there is some skin sharing between the two special hulls, so changing the turrets to red didn't work out. I left them yellow because I liked the look more.

Edited by Raptormama, Yesterday, 05:40 AM.

Xwing_Red1 #1711 Posted Yesterday, 02:23 PM

Warrant Officer

• Members

View PostRaptormama, on 26 May 2017 - 09:31 PM, said:

I think these are all of the files you need (along with the skins, install the "misc German ship parts" that are also available to color-match other parts of the ship so secondaries, cranes, etc. will match):

In \gun\main\textures

GGM001_380mm_SKC_34_RF_Bismarck_a.dds
GGM503_380mm_SKC_34_Nolan_a.dds
GGM503_380mm_SKC_34_Nolan_dead_a.dds
GGM504_380mm_SKC_34_RF_Nolan_a.dds

In gun\secondary\textures

GGS505_150mm_SKC_28_Nolan_a.dds
GGS506_150mm_SKC_28_Nolan_2_a.dds
GGS506_150mm_SKC_28_Nolan_a.dds
GGS507_150mm_SKC_28_RF_Nolan_a.dds
GGS508_105mm_SKC_33_Nolan_a.dds
GGS510_150mm_SKC_28_Bismarck_dead_a.dds
GGS510_150mm_SKC_28_Bismark_a.dds
GGS511_150mm_SKC_28_RF_Bismarck_dead_a.dds
GGS511_150mm_SKC_28_RF_Bismark_a.dds

In \ship\battleship\textures

GSB019_Bismarck_1941_DeckHouse_Nolan_a.dds
GSB019_Bismarck_1941_hull_Nolan_a.dds
GSB020_Bismarck_1941_DeckHouse_Nolan_Clean_a.dds
GSB020_Bismarck_1941_hull_Nolan_Clean_a.dds

Generally, "dead" is the "zombie" skin and "clean" is for the "special, live" skin. You'll have to experiment a bit to find the right files. The SKC28 (secondary battery) texture is a little weird because of the 2 in one of the names. Took me a while to figure out why one of the guns wasn't being skinned.

If I missed one, let me know. Remember that the with-rangefinder versions are exactly the same as without, so just copy the same file twice.

It turns out that there is some skin sharing between the two special hulls, so changing the turrets to red didn't work out. I left them yellow because I liked the look more.

Dear Sir... You have our gratitude  :honoring:

Raptormama #1712 Posted Yesterday, 04:51 PM

Petty Officer

• Members

View PostXwing_Red1, on 27 May 2017 - 08:23 AM, said:

Dear Sir... You have our gratitude  :honoring:

Hey now, they don't call me the raptormama for nothin'. ;)

Also, I realized I had the wrong deckhouse installed for the standard ship and fixed it. Oops.

Xwing_Red1 #1713 Posted Yesterday, 06:06 PM

Warrant Officer

• Members

View PostRaptormama, on 27 May 2017 - 10:51 AM, said:

Hey now, they don't call me the raptormama for nothin'. ;)

Also, I realized I had the wrong deckhouse installed for the standard ship and fixed it. Oops.

U deserve a Haka dear Sir..xD

Now. Since we 2 Bismarck models, (3 if you count the battle damaged one) Our options of custome paints increased. xD

Thanks to your help, I finally  renamed Tanz's Second Bismarck, May 1941 skin for model 2 :)

Edited by Xwing_Red1, Yesterday, 06:06 PM.

8 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 8 guests, 0 anonymous users