Ahoy, Captains! With the NDA on World of Warships lifted, you may want to capture some of the awesome moments you've been having during the World of Warships Closed Beta Test and share them with your friends and fellow community members! Replays are also very helpful for illustrating feedback, or for including in your bug reports.
There is no in-game UI function for this feature right now, so players will need to enable it manually through the following steps:
1. Close the game client.
2. Backup the "preferences.xml" file located in the game folder. You may wish to save this backup copy in a separate folder.
3. Open the original (not backup) "preferences.xml" file using a text editor like Notepad.
4. Scroll to the bottom until you see the following lines:
5. Paste two new lines before the </scriptsPreferences> line:
6. It should now look like this:
7. Save the file and launch the game client.
8. Enjoy the game!
9. All of the replays will be stored at the "..\replays" folder, which will be automatically created inside the game folder.
10. To launch a replay, close the game client first.
11. After closing the game, drag and drop the "*.wowsreplay" file to WorldOfWarships.exe, or associate the .wowsreplay file extention with the game executable.
12. Every battle generates a separate replay file. Port cannot be recorded.
13. *.wowsreplay files can only be played with the same client version. Replays may not work properly with newer version of the game client.
You should be able to directly attach *.wowsreplay files to your forum posts through the "Attach Files" function, otherwise you can place the file in a *.zip. Looking forward to seeing your replays, Captains!