So, I need to sink two cruisers for a campaign task ...

• Please log in to reply
54 replies to this topic

DokturProfesur #41 Posted 19 May 2017 - 10:43 PM

Lieutenant

• Beta Testers

View PostStampz, on 19 May 2017 - 02:04 PM, said:

So you're saying I should take my time with the Nagato... :unsure:

It's actually a very good battleship, worth getting to. Amagi is the one you want to take your time with though, because the tier 9 plays totally different and is the source of much contention in the IJN tree.

As a pretty strict BB player since beta, I would like to point out that I think torpedos are fine, HE damage is fine -fire chance and/or fire damage notwithstanding-, carriers are fine, and generally cruiser RoF is fine.

My tendency to think my team will follow me into the jaws of glory, however, is what's wrong.

TalonV #42 Posted 19 May 2017 - 10:45 PM

Admiral of the Navy

• Alpha Tester
  • Beta Testers

View PostDokturProfesur, on 19 May 2017 - 05:43 PM, said:

It's actually a very good battleship, worth getting to. Amagi is the one you want to take your time with though, because the tier 9 plays totally different and is the source of much contention in the IJN tree.

Yeah not looking forwards to Izumo. That might be one time, I whip out the $$$ and free XP past that thing.

​This isn't dueling pistols at dawn. This is war. In war you

never want to fight fair. You want to sneak up behind

the enemy, and bash him over the head.

Pussnboats #43 Posted 19 May 2017 - 10:47 PM

Petty Officer

• Members

Ty for the match.  Here is screenshot of final result.

http://imgur.com/a/wPMNY

DokturProfesur #44 Posted 19 May 2017 - 10:49 PM

Lieutenant

• Beta Testers

View PostTalonV, on 19 May 2017 - 02:45 PM, said:

Yeah not looking forwards to Izumo. That might be one time, I whip out the $$$ and free XP past that thing.

The Izumo is not for everyone, but it will teach you how to use the Yamato effectively, I would not recommend skipping it. 

As a pretty strict BB player since beta, I would like to point out that I think torpedos are fine, HE damage is fine -fire chance and/or fire damage notwithstanding-, carriers are fine, and generally cruiser RoF is fine.

My tendency to think my team will follow me into the jaws of glory, however, is what's wrong.

Tsarn #45 Posted 19 May 2017 - 10:53 PM

Seaman

• Beta Testers

Load up a tier 7 or below and it should be no problem. 

Lert #46 Posted 19 May 2017 - 11:11 PM

Admiral

• Supertester
  • In AlfaTesters
    Beta Testers

View PostPussnboats, on 19 May 2017 - 10:47 PM, said:

Ty for the match.  Here is screenshot of final result.

o7

Didn't do too bad I think for being outmatched the way I was.

(Above stats not guaranteed accurate. I'm a supertester and test ships don't always register correctly)

Ship hipster: I liked Alabama before it was cool

awiggin #47 Posted 19 May 2017 - 11:18 PM

Rear Admiral

• Members

Looks like Tier X players smell an opportunity to milk tier 8 games. :hmm:

centarina #48 Posted 19 May 2017 - 11:37 PM

Rear Admiral

• Members

View PostDokturProfesur, on 19 May 2017 - 02:49 PM, said:

The Izumo is not for everyone, but it will teach you how to use the Yamato effectively, I would not recommend skipping it. 

you mean nose in, go slow at long range  and snipe?  :P  seems to be common theme for most yammy drivers

IJN: Mikasa,  Ichizuchi, Fuso, Amagi, Katori, kuma, Zao, Tachibana, KamikazeR, Shinonome, Shiratsuyu, Akizuki, Yugumo PA Anshan  

VFM: Aurora,Svietlana,  Murmansk, Budyonny, Chapayev, D.Donskoi, Ognevoi, Kiev, Udaloi,Grosovoi,  Khab  FRDougay T, Le Gal

USN:   New York, North Carolina,Phoenix,  Marblehead,  Indianapolis, Baltimore,  Farragut, Sims,Benson,Fletcher, Bogue    RN Leander, Edinburgh   

KM:  Konig Albert, Bayern, Graf Spee, Gneisenau, Bismarck, FDG, Emden, Karlsruhe  , Roon, Lib Maas         ARP:All

Notser Certified Potato

DokturProfesur #49 Posted 19 May 2017 - 11:42 PM

Lieutenant

• Beta Testers

View Postcentarina, on 19 May 2017 - 03:37 PM, said:

you mean nose in, go slow at long range  and snipe?  :P  seems to be common theme for most yammy drivers

I don't snipe in my Yamato, my secondary gunners have to work for a living.

But the average player does that, yes. Which is why I wish she'd get a dispersion nerf.

Destroyer_Kiyoshimo #50 Posted 20 May 2017 - 12:03 AM

Admiral

• Beta Testers

View PostDokturProfesur, on 19 May 2017 - 03:42 PM, said:

I don't snipe in my Yamato, my secondary gunners have to work for a living.

Kiyoshimo's aircraft carrier rework Kiyoshimo's Torpedo Campaign

I am the Hull of my Torpedo. Steel is my body and Oxygen is my blood. I have caused over one thousand hull breaches. Unknown to flames, nor known to penetrate. I have withstood pain to launch many torpedoes. Yet those guns will never shoot anything.
So, as I pray-- Unlimited Torpedo Works

crzyhawk #51 Posted 20 May 2017 - 12:50 AM

Admiral

• Members
  • Beta Testers

View PostLert, on 19 May 2017 - 04:37 PM, said:

Riiiiiiiight. Cruisers ... Cruisers ... What do those look like again?

But cruisers are super popular and overpowered compared to battleships.

mofton #52 Posted 20 May 2017 - 01:27 AM

Commander

• Members

At the moment I have played 30% BB, 35% CA/L and 35% DD.

I was thinking of trying to get them all to 33.3%...

Perhaps now is not the time.

light.png

Iowanna be a rockstar - Salmon - Ctrl-Click-Schiffe - Le Dunkerque - Grand Old Lady - ~5 Mil in IJN Scrap

Gearings of Poor - Trashcan - Biscuit-tweaker - Tachi-Ali-Baba - Not-quite-Minekaze - Zit-23 - Shinbone - Your-a-gnome

Dakka Moines - AbSchorring - Dakka-Dakka-taur

Fletcher7_1944 #53 Posted 20 May 2017 - 01:34 AM

Lieutenant

• Members

View PostStampz, on 19 May 2017 - 09:47 PM, said:

I'm hesitant to play my cruisers with the current amount of BBs in queue; however, now might be a good time to brush the dust off my DDs.

Yep- I tried that last night in my Budyonny.  THAT was painful...  (got sick of waiting and waiting and etc in line to play Arizona, and grabbed this.  Instant match, but not a fun one for me,lol)

As for Lert's OP- whenever I get to one of those kill x# of y ships missions, the Gods tease me by waving them under my nose; allowing me to shoot them to pieces; and letting someone ELSE swoop in for the easy kill...  EVERY time.   Makes me wish I was a cat, so I could barf up a hairball into their favorite shoes- preferably while they were eating nearby.

I'd rather get your kind of mm- it's less frustrating!

Taichunger #54 Posted 20 May 2017 - 01:35 AM

Captain

• Members

Actually, except for the CV disparity, that looks like a pretty awesome MM. Sure wish I could bring a Kutuzov to an MM like that... 

----------

Still needed: (1) a NO CV button for the MM (2) Remove Shatter (3) a button for demounting all flags (4) the icon in the status bar to signal someone wants to div/chat with you

Lert #55 Posted 20 May 2017 - 01:57 AM

Admiral

• Supertester
  • In AlfaTesters
    Beta Testers

View PostFletcher7_1944, on 20 May 2017 - 01:34 AM, said:

Makes me wish I was a cat, so I could barf up a hairball into their favorite shoes- preferably while they were eating nearby.

Hmmmmmm. Not a bad idea.

View PostTaichunger, on 20 May 2017 - 01:35 AM, said:

Sure wish I could bring a Kutuzov to an MM like that... 

Sure wish you had, and on the red team. Also hope you wouldn't mind me sending you a few superheavy Mk 8's at muzzle velocity. :)

(Above stats not guaranteed accurate. I'm a supertester and test ships don't always register correctly)

Ship hipster: I liked Alabama before it was cool

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users