Enough is enough

• Please log in to reply
111 replies to this topic

TheKrimzonDemon #1 Posted 19 May 2017 - 08:40 PM

Commander

• Members

WG, give us a skill based MM, team or clan battles, give us something to mitigate the fact that most of the playerbase is either bad, or just doesn't care.

The bad, I can handle, I can work around it. The just don't care crowd, however...

2 weeks ago, I was 4 wins away from a flat 50% WR. Today, I am 22 games away. I have just finished losing my 12th or 13th in a row, and they ALL had one thing in common: Players not only not playing the objective, they literally flat out refused to do it.

The most memorable of these wonderful displays of sportsmanship and teamwork was the last loss last night, where, after dropping 85k in St Louis, we were on the cusp of winning, and our BB protecting the base decided to run from 3 cruisers, rather than, you know, protect the base. He was begged to stay. He was begged and begged and begged.

His excuse for screwing us all over? "I didn't want to get sunk." When asked if he would at least shoot at them to reset the cap they were taking, he said "But if I do that they'll shoot at me."

Every. Single. Battle. Is. This. Way.

I am SICK of not only getting the economic rewards I've earned, but also being penalized BECAUSE PEOPLE REFUSE TO ACTUALLY PLAY THE FAKKING GAME. How is their play, or total lack thereof, my fault? I didn't cause it, I didn't drive their ships, and I certainly couldn't stop it from happening.

My 3rd match with Hood last night, I got a whopping 7k damage. Why? Because it was over so fast I got off 3 salvos. 3. That's it. We ran out of points before half the team could even get in range to fight back! Match after match, game ends because my team ran out of points.

My 1st match with Hood today, I intentionally took on 7 reds, I knew they'd be gunning for me, I turned it to our advantage. This left 11 green ships to deal with 5 reds. Those 11 ships REFUSED TO MOVE FROM A,  and let those 5 reds cap B and C. After I cit'd the 2 cruisers with the 5 BB's facing me, gaining 1st Blood and 2 DS's, I told them, I have them here, all their heavy ships, take the caps, there's no way you can fail. They had 3 cruisers and 2 DD's in front of them, facing them with 3 DD's, 5 BB's, and 3 cruisers. 

They. Would. Not. Move.

Then, after finally dealing with me, those 5 BB's came around the corner in a group, and obliterated the flank, even though I told them exactly what was coming, they just...sat there. All of a sudden, it's 10 reds against 6 greens, from 2 directions, and they had 3 caps. The team not only failed, IT FAILED TO EVEN TRY WITH THE ADVANTAGE COMPLETELY IN ITS FAVOR.

I am not losing because I'm a bad player, I'm losing because my teams literally flat out refuse to play.

Wargaming, do you not effing understand how demoralizing this is? Do you not comprehend that things like what I'm describing have more to do with our player retention problem than the patches you drop? Do you not grasp that you'll gain more money by growing and retaining the base than by dropping new ships all the time?

Does it not sink in that a significant portion of the player base is pissed off, and for very good, valid as heck, reasons? 

Pissed off not only at our supposed teammates, but pissed off at you for continuing to allow it. Give us an actual competitive game, where what we do is rewarded, where we don't get penalized for things completely out of our control, where when we win, it feels like we won, and when we lose, we know we fought hard and the other team EARNED it.

Want to know why so many play co-op? It's because for the average player, they get better economic benefits from winning there than they do for losing in randoms. And, and this is truly sad, the games are more competitive. 

This is the model that YOU have built, WG, and guess what?

It isn't working.

I drive ships. That's right, drive. I do not sail them. They don't have sails.

RipNuN2 #2 Posted 19 May 2017 - 08:43 PM

Commander

• Members

:popcorn:

Spooooooooooooooooooooon #3 Posted 19 May 2017 - 08:43 PM

Master Chief Petty Officer

• Beta Testers

https://youtu.be/RlLSVBBAeag

nina_blain_73 #4 Posted 19 May 2017 - 08:46 PM

Chief Petty Officer

• Members

View PostTheKrimzonDemon, on 19 May 2017 - 08:40 PM, said:

WG, give us a skill based MM, team or clan battles, give us something to mitigate the fact that most of the playerbase is either bad, or just doesn't care.

The bad, I can handle, I can work around it. The just don't care crowd, however...

2 weeks ago, I was 4 wins away from a flat 50% WR. Today, I am 22 games away. I have just finished losing my 12th or 13th in a row, and they ALL had one thing in common:

You.

BATTLESHIP BABES

BB: Mikasa. Konig Albert, Kawachi, South Carolina, Wyoming, Imperator Nikolai, Myogi, Arizona, Texas,ARP Haruna, ARP, Hiei, ARP Kirishima, New York, Gneisnau, Warspite, New Mexico, Colorado, HOOD, Alabama, North Carolina, Tirpitz, Iowa, Missouri, Montana  CL: Diana, Emden, Caledon, Murmansk, Kuma, Nuremberg, KirovAdmiral Graf Spee, ARP Haguro,  ARP Myoko, Atlanta, Pensacola, Indianapolis    DD: Smith, Tachibana, Campbeltown, V-170, Minekaze, Kamikaze, Okhotnik, Gnevny,  Blyskawica, Gearing

Sumkum #5 Posted 19 May 2017 - 08:50 PM

Petty Officer

• Members

Welcome to randoms. Funny thing is some people tend to forget the winning streaks and focus on the losing. I find sometimes I play badly, sometimes others play badly. Your win rate reflects your consistent performance. Most others will agree.

Judge_Doom #6 Posted 19 May 2017 - 08:52 PM

Ensign

• Members

Rule of thumb.....lose 3 in a row, quit for a couple of hours and then re-try, if still losing 3 more in a row, quit for the day and try again tomorrow, no sense in the continuation of shooting yourself in the foot.  Its just a game and will be here tomorrow for you to try again.

'the weak are meat, the strong do eat'....Cloud Atlas

Should be the Seal Clubbers anthem/fight song

Lord_Zath #7 Posted 19 May 2017 - 08:54 PM

Commander

• WoWS Wiki Editor
  • Beta Testers
    Supertester

I've had this same experience, more lately than ever, it seems.  

Spoiler

The way I see it, you have a few options:

1.  Play with division mates only (my pick).  Get on teamspeak or discord and use voice comms to communicate with two other competent players who will actually work with you (rather than against you).  

2.  Focus on YOUR game.  Two days ago I ended with a very disappointing 28.5% win rate after 7 games.  These 7 were all in divisions with great players.  Two of the losses were wins that our team just chose to throw away (see above pic).  The silver lining?  I was top 3 each game, and had a WTR of 1689.  I made good xp/credits, and progressed down the FRCA line.  Sure, my teammates sucked.  But at least I was earning *something*.

3.  Play co-op.  Even if it's for a few games.  Laugh at the people who bring premium ships into co-op and then get obliterated by bots (Atlantas, Tirpitzes, and Missouris are the most common offenders here).  Seriously.  It happens!  And it's just so funny to watch.  Anyways, once you finish realizing how bad it COULD be, go back to random battles and laugh some more.  

4.  Take a break.  Go into the training room and do stupid things.  Or play a different game altogether.

Admiral_Franz_von_Hipper #8 Posted 19 May 2017 - 08:54 PM

Lieutenant Junior Grade

• Members

:popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

You know you are good enough that you can put your team up by enough points that no matter how badly they potato after you die, your team still wins.

"I had to find myself another flagship because I could no longer exercise command from one which was shot to pieces."

Ships in Port:

German Tech Tree Suggestion     Enable Training Rooms Manually

h_balck #9 Posted 19 May 2017 - 08:56 PM

Warrant Officer

• Members

Captain_Dorja #10 Posted 19 May 2017 - 08:57 PM

Captain

• Beta Testers

I think it needs to be an official policy that when people make skill based MM rants, they get fined out of at least 150 dollars worth of goods on their account.

USN: All BBs, CAs, DDs. Lexington, Missouri, Alabama, Saipan, Atlanta, Indianapolis, Arizona, Texas, Albany, Lo Yang

IJN:  Hiryu, Hatsuharu, Yugumo, Mogami, Amagi, Tachibana, Kamikaze R, ARP Kirishima, ARP Kongo, ARP Haruna, ARP Hiei, Fubuki, Akatsuki, ARP Ashigara, ARP Haguro, ARP Nachi, Nagato, ARP Takao, Atago
Germany: Bayern, Hipper, Emden, Nurnberg, Scharnhorst, Prinz Eugen, Tirpitz

Russia: Shchors, Kiev, Imperator Nikolai, Gremyashchy, Anshan, Molotov, Leningrad, Mikhail Kutuzov

Britain and Allies: Leander, Campbeltown, Perth, Warspite, Dunkerque, Blyskawica, Belfast

Peregrinas #11 Posted 19 May 2017 - 08:59 PM

Lieutenant Commander

• Members

Git gud, carry harder. Trollolololol :trollface:

Doomlock #12 Posted 19 May 2017 - 09:00 PM

Lieutenant

• Beta Testers
  • In AlfaTesters

:popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

Fair winds and following seas! -Doomlock

Doom lord of HiNon: Purveyor of ship knowledge.

My Complete list of Warship Pics and AHLA's

pmgaudio #13 Posted 19 May 2017 - 09:04 PM

Vice Admiral

• Members

View PostCaptain_Dorja, on 19 May 2017 - 08:57 PM, said:

I think it needs to be an official policy that when people make skill based MM rants, they get fined out of at least 150 dollars worth of goods on their account.

“Leave the gun....
Take the Cannoli”
  __Clemenza

:child:

tcbaker777 #14 Posted 19 May 2017 - 09:06 PM

Lieutenant Commander

• Members

View PostPeregrinas, on 19 May 2017 - 03:59 PM, said:

Git gud, carry harder. Trollolololol :trollface:

and you call ME a troll

" Older men declare war. But it is the youth that must fight and die" - Herbert Hoover 

"War never ends, it only rests"

"I hate war as only a soldier who has lived it can, only as one who has seen its brutality, its stupidity" - Dwight D. Eisenhower 

Official Meme Lord of HiNon Clan

yUPPatriots #15 Posted 19 May 2017 - 09:08 PM

Captain

• Members

View PostTheKrimzonDemon, on 19 May 2017 - 02:40 PM, said:

"I didn't want to get sunk." 

Peregrinas #16 Posted 19 May 2017 - 09:18 PM

Lieutenant Commander

• Members

View Posttcbaker777, on 19 May 2017 - 04:06 PM, said:

and you call ME a troll

Oh, the troll is unhappy that someone else is trolling? Go cry me a river.

DreadRaybo #17 Posted 19 May 2017 - 09:20 PM

Petty Officer

• Members

I wonder if some of these more egregious fails are from a misunderstanding that new players may have that the less damage they receive, the more money they will have after the match due to repair costs.  Those of us who visit the forums regularly know that the costs are the same, unscathed or sunk.  But some of these new players may not know that.

It would be helpful if WG would figure out a way to make it super apparent to anyone that the best way to earn money is to deal out as much damage as possible, and that the maintenance costs are the same whether they receive no damage, or end up going to Davey Jones' locker.

Or maybe they should just do away with repair cost altogether, and adjust the money earned in a match accordingly so that the end result is the same.

CorradoG60 #18 Posted 19 May 2017 - 09:20 PM

Warrant Officer

• Members

The OP should play like I play.

It's me against 15 enemy ships :izmena:

Zero_Kelvin #19 Posted 19 May 2017 - 09:22 PM

Warrant Officer

• Members

View PostCaptain_Dorja, on 19 May 2017 - 12:57 PM, said:

Better yet, just charge them $200 per post.

Edited by Zero_Kelvin, 19 May 2017 - 09:22 PM.

This user has been DELETED

SeaBreeze_ #20 Posted 19 May 2017 - 09:35 PM

Petty Officer

• Members

Skill based MM will never happen, but bringing back team battles would be a good idea till clan battles comes out. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users