Jump to content


I've asked this before and I'll ask for it again


  • Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

Peregrinas #1 Posted 19 May 2017 - 07:53 PM

    Lieutenant Commander

  • Members

  • 2,718
  • Member since:
    05-16-2015
Strafe needs to be removed from all CVs. It increases the skill-gap tremendously. Last time I checked WG wanted to reduce the skill-gap between CV players. WG logic.

MidnightShamalan #2 Posted 19 May 2017 - 07:57 PM

    Lieutenant Junior Grade

  • Members

  • 1,522
  • Member since:
    08-16-2015

lets remove manual drops as well.

 

and while we're at it, just remove any propulsion from CVs and have them dead in the water.

 

waypoints? gone. no need for those.

 

 

anything i'm forgetting?



m373x #3 Posted 19 May 2017 - 07:59 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Members

  • 1,664
  • Member since:
    04-20-2016

View PostMidnightShamalan, on 19 May 2017 - 07:57 PM, said:

lets remove manual drops as well.

 

and while we're at it, just remove any propulsion from CVs and have them dead in the water.

 

waypoints? gone. no need for those.

 

 

anything i'm forgetting?

 

Armor angling needs to be removed from the game entirely too, as it increases the skill gap tremendously.

Jiggiwatt #4 Posted 19 May 2017 - 08:00 PM

    Master Chief Petty Officer

  • Members

  • 278
  • Member since:
    08-09-2012
Players should just be able to click a square on the map, and if there's a red ship there it takes a hit.

Muki41 #5 Posted 19 May 2017 - 08:01 PM

    Chief Petty Officer

  • Members

  • 113
  • Member since:
    08-09-2012
I think being able to aim needs to be removed, since the skill gap between players in that department can vary way too much

Thunderstruck2016 #6 Posted 19 May 2017 - 08:01 PM

    Petty Officer

  • Members

  • 66
  • Member since:
    05-28-2015

Its fine as is.  Just learn to work around it and not group all your bombers together so that they all get taken down in 1 strafe.  

 

It also makes the Essex flight mod 1/1/3 fighters an actual threat to Japanese Taiho 


 


MidnightShamalan #7 Posted 19 May 2017 - 08:02 PM

    Lieutenant Junior Grade

  • Members

  • 1,522
  • Member since:
    08-16-2015

View Postm373x, on 19 May 2017 - 01:59 PM, said:

 

Armor angling needs to be removed from the game entirely too, as it increases the skill gap tremendously.

 

you're completely right. why limit this to CVs?

 

let's just have all ships spawn broadside 5km from each other, moving at 10 knots. and auto aim. manual aim is way too skill dependent.



m373x #8 Posted 19 May 2017 - 08:06 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Members

  • 1,664
  • Member since:
    04-20-2016

View PostMidnightShamalan, on 19 May 2017 - 08:02 PM, said:

 

you're completely right. why limit this to CVs?

 

let's just have all ships spawn broadside 5km from each other, moving at 10 knots. and auto aim. manual aim is way too skill dependent.

 

I like your style but I would propose an automatic firing system to go with the auto aim. Pressing a button over and over again can be very endurance dependant and this will unnecessarily increase the gap between players even more.

Doomlock #9 Posted 19 May 2017 - 08:07 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Beta Testers
  • In AlfaTesters

  • 1,727
  • Member since:
    07-09-2013
I was wondering when this would show up.

Fair winds and following seas! -Doomlock

Hit hard, hit fast, hit often! -Fleet Admiral William "Bull" Halsey.

Current ships: IJN: MikasaTachibanaIshizuchi, Yūbari, Kamikaze R, AobaAkatsuki, Shiratsuyu, Amagi, Atago, ZaōUSN: Albany, Texas, New York, Arizona, Farragut, Pensacola, Indianapolis, Atlanta, Sims, Alabama. VMF:  Aurora, Gremyashchy, Budyonny, Molotov, Mikhail Kutuzov, Udaloi.  RN: Leander, Belfast. KM: Emden, Admiral Graf Spee, Nürnberg, Ernst Gaede, Scharnhorst, Bismarck, Prinz Eugen. MN: Friant, Émile Bertin. Fleet of Fog: Kongō, Hiei, Haruna, Kirishima, Myōkō, Haguro, Nachi, Ashigara, Takao. MW: Błyskawica.  CW: Perth. 

My Complete list of Warship Pics and AHLA's


tcbaker777 #10 Posted 19 May 2017 - 08:08 PM

    Lieutenant Commander

  • Members

  • 2,397
  • Member since:
    11-04-2015

View PostPeregrinas, on 19 May 2017 - 02:53 PM, said:

Strafe needs to be removed from all CVs. It increases the skill-gap tremendously. Last time I checked WG wanted to reduce the skill-gap between CV players. WG logic.

 

  just because you want something doesn't mean WG is going to do it

" Older men declare war. But it is the youth that must fight and die" - Herbert Hoover 

"War never ends, it only rests"

"I hate war as only a soldier who has lived it can, only as one who has seen its brutality, its stupidity" - Dwight D. Eisenhower 

Official Meme Lord of HiNon Clan


MidnightShamalan #11 Posted 19 May 2017 - 08:12 PM

    Lieutenant Junior Grade

  • Members

  • 1,522
  • Member since:
    08-16-2015

View Postm373x, on 19 May 2017 - 02:06 PM, said:

 

I like your style but I would propose an automatic firing system to go with the auto aim. Pressing a button over and over again can be very endurance dependant and this will unnecessarily increase the gap between players even more.

 

agreed. i really think we're on to something here. WG should probably hire us to plan the future of this game.

 

just imagine. a game with no skill gaps whatsoever.



TenguBlade #12 Posted 19 May 2017 - 08:13 PM

    Vice Admiral

  • Members

  • 9,179
  • Member since:
    06-21-2015
Stop crying about it.  The only tiers at which strafe is a legitimate problem is T8+ when you have USN vs. IJN matchups, because it equalizes the material gap between the American and Japanese planes.  And that's indicative of an overall balance issue, not the brokenness of one mechanic.

Edited by TenguBlade, 19 May 2017 - 08:13 PM.

Don't know if you have a dark sense of humor?  If you laugh at this, you do.

IJN: Yamato, Amagi, Ibuki, Mogami, Shokaku, Hiryu, Akatsuki, Shiratsuyu, Kamikaze R, Katori, MikasaKongō, Myōkō, Kirishima, Haruna, Hiei, Ashigara, Nachi, Haguro, TakaoSouthern Dragon

USN: Montana, Iowa, New Mexico, New Orleans, Pensacola, Cleveland, Langley/Bogue, Farragut

European Navies: Gnevny, Shchors, Nürnberg/Yorck, Bayern, Fiji, Blyskawica (Gift from Compassghost), Scharnhorst (First and only bought), Admiral Graf Spee


Peregrinas #13 Posted 19 May 2017 - 08:16 PM

    Lieutenant Commander

  • Members

  • 2,718
  • Member since:
    05-16-2015

Wow, look at all of the trolls coming out. *Boom!* *Boom!* *Boom!* You're all dead now.

 

I recognize anti-CV bias from a thousand miles away, and you all were trivial to detect. If it weren't for forum rules, I'd say something right now.



Treediagram #14 Posted 19 May 2017 - 08:16 PM

    Lieutenant Junior Grade

  • Beta Testers
  • In AlfaTesters

  • 1,491
  • Member since:
    01-20-2015

As if it isn't the very last thing that prevents USN CVs being completely lolstumped by IJN CV.

Plus blatant left-click-to-engage dogfight is no fun at all.


p.s. Treediagram: I named this after the mathematical one, not from To Aru series!

Eagerly waiting for RN and DKM CV Tech-Tree and CV Rebalance

CV Captains are also customers, in case you guys forgot it.

My AA DPS and Aerial Combat Calculator


RivertheRoyal #15 Posted 19 May 2017 - 08:17 PM

    Captain

  • Members

  • 4,586
  • Member since:
    08-28-2016

View PostJiggiwatt, on 20 May 2017 - 12:00 AM, said:

Players should just be able to click a square on the map, and if there's a red ship there it takes a hit.

 

So, uh...like this?

 



tcbaker777 #16 Posted 19 May 2017 - 08:17 PM

    Lieutenant Commander

  • Members

  • 2,397
  • Member since:
    11-04-2015

View PostPeregrinas, on 19 May 2017 - 03:16 PM, said:

Wow, look at all of the trolls coming out. *Boom!* *Boom!* *Boom!* You're all dead now.

 

I recognize anti-CV bias from a thousand miles away, and you all were trivial to detect. If it weren't for forum rules, I'd say something right now.

 

dont want these kinds of comments? dont make threads whining about something out of your control that always will be

" Older men declare war. But it is the youth that must fight and die" - Herbert Hoover 

"War never ends, it only rests"

"I hate war as only a soldier who has lived it can, only as one who has seen its brutality, its stupidity" - Dwight D. Eisenhower 

Official Meme Lord of HiNon Clan


Peregrinas #17 Posted 19 May 2017 - 08:18 PM

    Lieutenant Commander

  • Members

  • 2,718
  • Member since:
    05-16-2015

View PostTreediagram, on 19 May 2017 - 03:16 PM, said:

As if it isn't the very last thing that prevents USN CVs being completely lolstumped by IJN CV.

Plus blatant left-click-to-engage dogfight is no fun at all.

 

Left-click-to-engage dogfight was all about positioning and luring. Now it's whoever happens to be looking at their fighters and can correctly engage strafe without it bugging out wins. Seriously, it's such a broken and buggy mechanic. Got a perfect strike drop lined up? Too bad! Enemy fighters appear out of nowhere and strafe-kill all of your bombers!! Hahaha!!!! Noob!!!!!!

m373x #18 Posted 19 May 2017 - 08:19 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Members

  • 1,664
  • Member since:
    04-20-2016

View PostMidnightShamalan, on 19 May 2017 - 08:12 PM, said:

 

agreed. i really think we're on to something here. WG should probably hire us to plan the future of this game.

 

just imagine. a game with no skill gaps whatsoever.

 

They should definitely hire us. I'll say pin this thread as we are forging the future of competitive gaming right here.

 

(Peregrinas, if you didn't get it yet we are not trolling but we are mocking your ********* logic)


Edited by m373x, 19 May 2017 - 08:19 PM.


tcbaker777 #19 Posted 19 May 2017 - 08:20 PM

    Lieutenant Commander

  • Members

  • 2,397
  • Member since:
    11-04-2015

View PostPeregrinas, on 19 May 2017 - 03:18 PM, said:

 

Left-click-to-engage dogfight was all about positioning and luring. Now it's whoever happens to be looking at their fighters and can correctly engage strafe without it bugging out wins. Seriously, it's such a broken and buggy mechanic. Got a perfect strike drop lined up? Too bad! Enemy fighters appear out of nowhere and strafe-kill all of your bombers!! Hahaha!!!! Noob!!!!!!

 


" Older men declare war. But it is the youth that must fight and die" - Herbert Hoover 

"War never ends, it only rests"

"I hate war as only a soldier who has lived it can, only as one who has seen its brutality, its stupidity" - Dwight D. Eisenhower 

Official Meme Lord of HiNon Clan


tcbaker777 #20 Posted 19 May 2017 - 08:22 PM

    Lieutenant Commander

  • Members

  • 2,397
  • Member since:
    11-04-2015

View PostPeregrinas, on 19 May 2017 - 03:20 PM, said:

Moderated by Mezurashi.

 

once again you're being blinded by anger/frustration, if you're getting this mad over a game, take a break

Edited by Mezurashi, 21 May 2017 - 05:57 AM.

" Older men declare war. But it is the youth that must fight and die" - Herbert Hoover 

"War never ends, it only rests"

"I hate war as only a soldier who has lived it can, only as one who has seen its brutality, its stupidity" - Dwight D. Eisenhower 

Official Meme Lord of HiNon Clan





1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users