Is this against the TOS?

• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

NikoPower #21 Posted 19 May 2017 - 08:21 PM

Community Corgi Enthusiast

• Administrator

Agreed on posts above. Take your screenshot and submit a ticket to Customer Support.

- Created by Jorge_555

"To be honest in some strange way when I think of Niko I just imagine a Corgi, like my brain knows that Niko is a human but the Corgi image just works." - Devastator5000

GulfStorm #22 Posted 19 May 2017 - 08:23 PM

Master Chief Petty Officer

• Beta Testers

View PostRayMabus, on 19 May 2017 - 03:10 PM, said:

Somebody kept calling me a dirty foreigner and tasteless things when I said m8. May have been the same guy.

It was indeed the same guy/match Ray. 

GulfStorm #23 Posted 19 May 2017 - 08:23 PM

• Beta Testers

View PostNikoPower, on 19 May 2017 - 03:21 PM, said:

Agreed on posts above. Take your screenshot and submit a ticket to Customer Support.

Thank you Niko, ticket submitted.

dionkraft #24 Posted 19 May 2017 - 08:43 PM

Ensign

• Members

In the United States saying " Go Kill yourself" is not a crime even if the person who the recieved that message does commit suicide.  Now if someone says " I'm going to kill you" is considered a threat and a crime in the USA.  

Now the TOS of any company can ban users who write these threats as it is their right to do so for the "Go kill yourself" statement but if the other statement of "I'm going to kill you" persists then the company in itself becomes

responsibile as now they are responsible for content and especially if they have been notified of this circumstance. They must make a reasonable action to stop those posting else they become part of the problem.

https://www.avvo.com...so-1550301.html

OldHippie72 #25 Posted 20 May 2017 - 12:28 AM

Seaman

• Members

Few months back I had the same thing happen to me. This guys language was bad enough that other players were telling me to report him and a couple others did. Now, I'm a 22-yr Vet and have heard and said some things to get certain people to "square up", and this guy was giving me pause. Like bar fight material. But when a guy invades your "port" to continue it, that crosses a line in my book. I made a ticket with game time, guys name and a general description of the language. This is supposed to be fun for all and if you can't keep your cool then it's time to go to a bar and find release. JMO

Fletcher7_1944 #26 Posted 20 May 2017 - 12:58 AM

Lieutenant

• Members

I once had some salt monger follow me back to port to spew more garbage.  (and from a co-op game no less,lol)   I'd forgotten you COULD send messages to other's ports... (second time ever in well over a year)   I just told him to stop whining and grow up- then blacklisted him.

I'm not offended easily, and profanity doesn't phase me a bit (other than to admire a particularly clever phrase)- I've been there and done that.   Some schmuck getting bitter and nasty over a game and coming after me?   Lol- awww isn't that cute.   [click] Enjoy your report.   I'm not perfect, and sometimes I'll give in to the temptation to tell them exactly what I think of their tantrum, and piss-poor attitude.  THEN I'll chat block, and report.

Atom_Alchemist #27 Posted 20 May 2017 - 02:18 AM

• Members

as much flak as i'm gonna get for this.

but i do NOT see kys as a threat of violence or even a death threat, now of course i am not wargaming and so they can be as stringent or lenient as they want, but kill yourself and die in a fire, are pretty standard insult parlance in video games now, and like ALL things on the internet, especially in the gaming community, one should grow thicker skin and simply move on.

Taylor3006 #28 Posted 20 May 2017 - 02:23 AM

Ensign

• Members

View PostCompassghost, on 19 May 2017 - 01:35 PM, said:

Death threats are serious and ticketable offenses.

Well to be fair to the obnoxious moron, it wasn't a death threat. More a suggestion for suicide.... Still nasty behavior but not illegal in the US anyways. I should say not illegal in Texas, might be illegal somewhere in the US but kind of doubting it. The good thing is that Wargaming can decide who plays their game and who can not. They are not the government and if they feel someone is disrupting the game, they can ban them. They can't arrest them or the like, they can just toss them out.

Edited by Taylor3006, 20 May 2017 - 02:24 AM.

Battleship_Constitution #29 Posted 20 May 2017 - 02:54 AM

Warrant Officer

• Beta Testers

View PostTaylor3006, on 20 May 2017 - 02:23 AM, said:

Well to be fair to the obnoxious moron, it wasn't a death threat. More a suggestion for suicide.... Still nasty behavior but not illegal in the US anyways. I should say not illegal in Texas, might be illegal somewhere in the US but kind of doubting it. The good thing is that Wargaming can decide who plays their game and who can not. They are not the government and if they feel someone is disrupting the game, they can ban them. They can't arrest them or the like, they can just toss them out.

It a form of a threat no matter what and can be prosecuted in Texas IF provied I wanted to press the charges....one should read thier state laws before saying something stupid like "In Texas we dont have laws like that" you would be wrong. In Texas it is felony if you tell someone to "die" and they kill themselves. Just saying

Taylor3006 #30 Posted 20 May 2017 - 03:09 AM

Ensign

• Members

View PostBattleship_Constitution, on 19 May 2017 - 08:54 PM, said:

It a form of a threat no matter what and can be prosecuted in Texas IF provied I wanted to press the charges....one should read thier state laws before saying something stupid like "In Texas we dont have laws like that" you would be wrong. In Texas it is felony if you tell someone to "die" and they kill themselves. Just saying

Never heard of that statute. The only one I know of is "Disorderly Conduct by Terroristic Threat" which is a class C misdemeanor.  Maybe something new, dunno. Now if they were a Peace Officer, officer of the court, firemen, elected official, judge, or the like, I think it gets bumped up to Coercion (if memory serves). Yes you can always file a complaint, it would probably get dismissed by a judge because it isn't unlawful to suggest someone go kill themselves. I have TCLOSE certs, basic peace officer so I am not speaking out of stupid... Now if someone kills themselves after you actually suggest they do so, you may get charged with Assisting Suicide. I don't recall whether it was a felony, there probably are degrees for involvement, I don't remember. Again just suggesting it would not be illegal unless a new law was passed in the last couple of years that I am unaware of. I kinda keep track of those things when September comes around. BTW it is "Aiding Suicide", always thinking assisting suicide for some reason.

Edited by Taylor3006, 20 May 2017 - 08:17 AM.

bad_arcade_kitty #31 Posted 20 May 2017 - 03:16 AM

Captain

• Members

what if one tells another guy to die from cancer and that other guy dies from cancer, is it a "death threat" in texas?

texas sounds as a funny state

anyway "kill yourself" isn't a threat by definition of the word "threat" and i believe it would be hard to prove it affected somebody's suicide

be kind to torpedo girls - scratching, pouncing, butt wiggling, tsundere kittens of the fleet!

KTcraft #32 Posted 20 May 2017 - 03:28 AM

Lieutenant Commander

• Beta Testers

View PostEric_Von_Hess, on 19 May 2017 - 07:46 PM, said:

I think you  folks need to grow some thicker skin .....

Its ironic to say that the OP needs to grow a thicker skin because he was offended and wants to deal with the issue civilly, when the enraged individual in game had such thin skin that he felt the need to threaten other players with death.

"Whosoever therefore shall confess me before men, him will I confess also before my Father which is in heaven. But whosoever shall deny me before men, him will I also deny before my Father which is in heaven. Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword. For I am come to set a man at variance against his father, and the daughter against her mother, and the daughter in law against her mother in law. And a man's foes shall be they of his own household. He that loveth father or mother more than me is not worthy of me: and he that loveth son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me." -Jesus of Nazareth, son of god  Matthew 10:32-37

For the mild mannered among us (my stream)

xtcmax #33 Posted 20 May 2017 - 08:07 AM

Warrant Officer

• Members

I LOL@OP....I truly think that OP is not the brightest of the crayons.

Edited by xtcmax, 20 May 2017 - 08:08 AM.

gurudennis #34 Posted 20 May 2017 - 08:16 AM

Captain

• Beta Testers

Just another day on the internet. If it really bothers you so much, go ahead and submit a ticket to get the offender chat-banned for a couple days. Otherwise most of us have more important things to lose sleep over and likely so do you.

All views and opinions expressed herein, whether express or implied, are not intended to violate or otherwise contradict the rules and regulations of this forum and shall not be construed as offensive, disrespectful or contrarian to any present or past participants of this discussion thread, forum moderators or their affiliates. The author assumes no responsibility for any adverse effects on other participants' mental state, faculties or health condition resulting from reading the aforementioned message. Read at your own risk.

Zero_Kelvin #35 Posted 20 May 2017 - 08:17 AM

Warrant Officer

• Members

Everyone has to share their issues with everyone now instead of taking responsibility and dealing with it themselves.

Why waste a post this? It could be just as easily forgotten in an hour.

Edited by Zero_Kelvin, 20 May 2017 - 08:35 AM.

This user has been DELETED

SireneRacker #36 Posted 20 May 2017 - 10:30 AM

Captain

• Members

View PostAtom_Alchemist, on 20 May 2017 - 03:18 AM, said:

as much flak as i'm gonna get for this.

but i do NOT see kys as a threat of violence or even a death threat, now of course i am not wargaming and so they can be as stringent or lenient as they want, but kill yourself and die in a fire, are pretty standard insult parlance in video games now, and like ALL things on the internet, especially in the gaming community, one should grow thicker skin and simply move on.

Laws and Rules apply regardless of how thick you think a skin should be.

Proud member of [WAIFU], nothing beats Prinz Eugen

Torpedoes don't have any friends. So they will kill everything in their path. To prevent team kills we should all watch out where we fire those fishes. That means each and everyone of us, DDs of the second line!

No my name does NOT refer to those things from Odysseus! They refer to those loud things attached to a fire truck. Not to beautiful girls singing on the Ocean.

bad_arcade_kitty #37 Posted 20 May 2017 - 10:36 AM

Captain

• Members

View PostSireneRacker, on 20 May 2017 - 08:30 PM, said:

Laws and Rules apply regardless of how thick you think a skin should be.

implying that for instance me care of the texan laws when i don't live there and ain't its subject

Edited by bad_arcade_kitty, 20 May 2017 - 10:37 AM.

be kind to torpedo girls - scratching, pouncing, butt wiggling, tsundere kittens of the fleet!

khaenn35 #38 Posted 20 May 2017 - 10:38 AM

Admiral of the Navy

• Members

View PostTalonV, on 20 May 2017 - 03:47 AM, said:

just right click his name in the chat box and add him to your blacklist. He can't talk to you ever again and will likely never be in another match with you.

Does not work. Have seen a certain player and former infamous forumite in game multiple times despite blacklisting him.

(Possibly because of low population.)

Edited by khaenn35, 20 May 2017 - 10:39 AM.

Official Forum Elite Admiral Potato/[edited]  <o 

Good luck, Captains! May the winds blow in your favour, and may your shells fly straight and true!

I try my best, don't judge me q.q

I am in no way the most reliable source of information nor any expert in the game, but I will try my best and you are free to correct/rebutt me!

khaenn35 #39 Posted 20 May 2017 - 10:42 AM

Admiral of the Navy

• Members

View Postbad_arcade_kitty, on 20 May 2017 - 06:36 PM, said:

implying that for instance me care of the texan laws when i don't live there and ain't its subject

Players playing WG games are subject to its rules and regulations while playing games. No, it doesn't matter if you don't live within the WG offices, the state they are in, in America or whatever region the client you belong to, or even Earth. 

Cyberbullying, which this technically could be, is a punishable offense. Threatening one's life is a more serious one.

Official Forum Elite Admiral Potato/[edited]  <o 

Good luck, Captains! May the winds blow in your favour, and may your shells fly straight and true!

I try my best, don't judge me q.q

I am in no way the most reliable source of information nor any expert in the game, but I will try my best and you are free to correct/rebutt me!

Taylor3006 #40 Posted 20 May 2017 - 11:02 AM

Ensign

• Members

View Postkhaenn35, on 20 May 2017 - 04:42 AM, said:

Players playing WG games are subject to its rules and regulations while playing games. No, it doesn't matter if you don't live within the WG offices, the state they are in, in America or whatever region the client you belong to, or even Earth. 

Cyberbullying, which this technically could be, is a punishable offense. Threatening one's life is a more serious one.

Yeah this got convoluted because I am a stickler for language. There is a difference between laws and rules. I shouldn't have bothered to comment. Wargaming is free to enforce whatever code of conduct they wish on their forums and in their game. Does not have to be criminal in nature, just has to be disruptive and guess what, Wargaming gets to decide what disruptive means. A law on the other hand would require government enforcement and as I said, technically (at least in my home state) was not illegal. Wargaming gets to determine what cyberbullying is because it really isn't codified legally yet so the moron who suggested the player off themselves is probably as good as gone from the game. Least he should be. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users