A compliment for WG, the Bismarck campaign and collections

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

Lert #1 Posted 19 May 2017 - 06:52 PM

Admiral

• Supertester
  • In AlfaTesters
    Beta Testers

I think the Bismarck campaign and the collections are a step forward for WG. The badges and the history blurbs behind them keep interest up, the stages are long enough to keep us invested but short enough to set as realistic goals, the prizes are worth it, and all in all it's a huge step forward compared to the previous multi-stage missions like ARP and Mikasa and the like.

(Above stats not guaranteed accurate. I'm a supertester and test ships don't always register correctly)

Ship hipster: I liked Alabama before it was cool

CapnCappy #2 Posted 19 May 2017 - 06:55 PM

Commander

• Members

I still think the pearl event was more exciting. What is missing from these events is group interaction.

But I agree that this is better than the ARP or Graf or (OH GOD) Kamikaze events.

Spooooooooooooooooooooon #3 Posted 19 May 2017 - 06:56 PM

Master Chief Petty Officer

• Beta Testers

+1 Lert

m373x #4 Posted 19 May 2017 - 06:57 PM

Lieutenant

• Members

I don't know, man, I played for 3 hours yesterday and collected half of the badges. Looks way too easy to keep me excited. Such an overhyped event should not be completed in less than a day.

Lert #5 Posted 19 May 2017 - 07:03 PM

Admiral

• Supertester
  • In AlfaTesters
    Beta Testers

View PostCapnCappy, on 19 May 2017 - 06:55 PM, said:

I still think the pearl event was more exciting. What is missing from these events is group interaction

That was a community event, not really comparable to personal ones like ARP, Mikasa and this one.

View Postm373x, on 19 May 2017 - 06:57 PM, said:

I don't know, man, I played for 3 hours yesterday and collected half of the badges. Looks way too easy to keep me excited. Such an overhyped event should not be completed in less than a day.

And how long to 100% it?

(Above stats not guaranteed accurate. I'm a supertester and test ships don't always register correctly)

Eric_Von_Hess #6 Posted 19 May 2017 - 07:07 PM

Warrant Officer

• Beta Testers

View Postm373x, on 19 May 2017 - 01:57 PM, said:

​Sorry you not enjoying Joey , I sure as hell did . Got all the Badges the 1st day along with the all of the 1st  Missions done  .    hehehehe

SgtSullyC3 #7 Posted 19 May 2017 - 07:13 PM

Ensign

• Members

I love this event. The rewards are good, the badges are fairly easy to unlock without being too easy (I have 20/24) since the more you get, the more duplicates you'll pull out. The stages are simple, the requirements aren't ridiculous - it's a nice, simple event. Not too easy, not too grindy. Just right. I also love the little history bits in the stages and badges!

Edited by SgtSullyC3, 19 May 2017 - 07:13 PM.

T1-3: Erie, Smith, Derski, G-101, Katori, St. Louis, Bogatyr, Friant, South Carolina

T4-6: Izyaslav, Clemson, Danae, Yūbari, Kaiser, Kamikaze, Königsberg, Omaha, Kongo, Bogue, Duca D'Aosta, Cleveland, Aoba, Perth, Ryujo

T7-9: Shiratsuyu, Sims, Mahan, Atlanta, Belfast (gift from YureiKuma), Ranger, Saipan, New Orleans, North Carolina, Alabama, Lexington, Iowa, Missouri

GoalsIJN: Hiryu, Mogami - USN: Benson, Baltimore, Essex - HMS: Leander, Fiji - VMF: Podvoisky, Budyonny - MN: Emile Bertin, La Galissonnière

m373x #8 Posted 19 May 2017 - 07:17 PM

Lieutenant

• Members

View PostEric_Von_Hess, on 19 May 2017 - 07:07 PM, said:

​Sorry you not enjoying Joey , I sure as hell did . Got all the Badges the 1st day along with the all of the 1st  Missions done  .    hehehehe

How do you know my real name? Doxxing is against the forum rules so I urge you to delet dis.

View PostLert, on 19 May 2017 - 07:03 PM, said:

And how long to 100% it?

Haven't played since.

Edited by m373x, 19 May 2017 - 07:18 PM.

Doomlock #9 Posted 19 May 2017 - 07:23 PM

Lieutenant

• Beta Testers
  • In AlfaTesters

I agree Lert, I love the historical blurbs and badges.

Fair winds and following seas! -Doomlock

Hit hard, hit fast, hit often! -Fleet Admiral William "Bull" Halsey.

Current ships: IJN: MikasaTachibanaIshizuchi, Yūbari, Kamikaze R, AobaAkatsuki, Shiratsuyu, Amagi, Atago, ZaōUSN: Albany, Texas, New York, Arizona, Farragut, Pensacola, Indianapolis, Atlanta, Sims, Alabama. VMF:  Aurora, Gremyashchy, Budyonny, Molotov, Mikhail Kutuzov, Udaloi.  RN: Leander, Belfast. KM: Emden, Admiral Graf Spee, Nürnberg, Ernst Gaede, Scharnhorst, Bismarck, Prinz Eugen. MN: Friant, Émile Bertin. Fleet of Fog: Kongō, Hiei, Haruna, Kirishima, Myōkō, Haguro, Nachi, Ashigara, Takao. MW: Błyskawica.  CW: Perth. 

My Complete list of Warship Pics and AHLA's

CapnCappy #10 Posted 19 May 2017 - 07:28 PM

Commander

• Members

View PostLert, on 19 May 2017 - 01:03 PM, said:

That was a community event, not really comparable to personal ones like ARP, Mikasa and this one.

Sometimes I think you just like to argue.

Anyway, what I am saying in my opinion on this subject is that getting the community interacting with an event is more fun than simply fulfilling some arbitrary personal goals. I do appreciate that they made this event reasonable and not so grindy but I still think they're on the wrong track overall.

If I had my druthers, I'd say bring back the Poke Boats where the winning team earns some minor goody (Iike one of the new special flags) and losing team gets (one normal flag).

Edited by CapnCappy, 19 May 2017 - 07:32 PM.

Shadowrigger1 #11 Posted 19 May 2017 - 07:35 PM

Commander

• Members

I loved all three missions so far.  Fun and rewarding.  seeing how we only have 20 days to do this one, I might not be finishing for my free Bismarck ( already own it, so just missing out on coins)  but I'm trying to get all those darn emblems for the skin !

Edited by Shadowrigger1, 19 May 2017 - 07:35 PM.

Captain_Dorja #12 Posted 19 May 2017 - 07:37 PM

Captain

• Beta Testers

View PostCapnCappy, on 19 May 2017 - 02:28 PM, said:

Sometimes I think you just like to argue.

I think his point was that it was a competition between everyone in the game, and not intended for everyone to earn the reward with just a reasonable amount of effort. Clash of Elements was intended to give KamikazeR to the top range of people who put in the most effort, and there were little things other people could get.

I don't see why this is so hard to figure out, but considering about 95% of people on the forum are still in an uproar about it somehow, I guess it's difficult to get the head around.

USN: All BBs, CAs, DDs. Lexington, Missouri, Alabama, Saipan, Atlanta, Indianapolis, Arizona, Texas, Albany, Lo Yang

IJN:  Hiryu, Hatsuharu, Yugumo, Mogami, Amagi, Tachibana, Kamikaze R, ARP Kirishima, ARP Kongo, ARP Haruna, ARP Hiei, Fubuki, Akatsuki, ARP Ashigara, ARP Haguro, ARP Nachi, Nagato, ARP Takao, Atago
Germany: Bayern, Hipper, Emden, Nurnberg, Scharnhorst, Prinz Eugen, Tirpitz

Russia: Shchors, Kiev, Imperator Nikolai, Gremyashchy, Anshan, Molotov, Leningrad, Mikhail Kutuzov

Britain and Allies: Leander, Campbeltown, Perth, Warspite, Dunkerque, Blyskawica, Belfast

renegadestatuz #13 Posted 19 May 2017 - 08:01 PM

Captain

• Members

View Postm373x, on 19 May 2017 - 02:17 PM, said:

How do you know my real name? Doxxing is against the forum rules so I urge you to delet dis.

And how long to 100% it?

Haven't played since.

Doxxing typically involves malicious intent. I see no malicious intent in his post.

​Those who rebel, must be cleansed of their ways.

Lert #14 Posted 19 May 2017 - 08:05 PM

Admiral

• Supertester
  • In AlfaTesters
    Beta Testers

View Postrenegadestatuz, on 19 May 2017 - 08:01 PM, said:

Doxxing typically involves malicious intent. I see no malicious intent in his post.

Posting people's real name online without their permission is not exactly the most amicable thing to do.

renegadestatuz #15 Posted 19 May 2017 - 08:08 PM

Captain

• Members

View PostLert, on 19 May 2017 - 03:05 PM, said:

Posting people's real name online without their permission is not exactly the most amicable thing to do.

If it was his full name, I would agree.

​Those who rebel, must be cleansed of their ways.

1Sherman #16 Posted 19 May 2017 - 08:22 PM

Commander

• Alpha Tester

View PostLert, on 19 May 2017 - 06:52 PM, said:

a huge step forward compared to the previous multi-stage missions like ARP 

The ARP missions weren't a problem in my mind. I play very sporadically (largely to avoid rage-inducing streaks of games where I can't do anything right) and I was able to get all of the ships.

"To defeat an enemy you must know them. Not simply their battle tactics, but their history, philosophy, art."

"War. It's all you've ever known, isn't it? You were so young when you survived the Clone War. No wonder you're as equipped in spirit to fight as well as you do. War is, in your blood. I study the art of war, work to perfect it. But you, you were forged by it.

"Everything leading up to this moment has been rehearsal. The real performance is about to begin. I'm counting on it."

"They revealed their meager defenses. Now we will crush them."

"I'm not accepting surrenders at this time. I want you to know failure, utter defeat, and that it is I who delivers it crashing down upon you. Now. let us proceed."

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users