• Please log in to reply
58 replies to this topic

Sakuzhi #41 Posted 19 May 2017 - 08:31 PM

Captain

• Beta Testers

View PostSkpstr, on 19 May 2017 - 08:30 PM, said:

Reported.

Reported

• Mostly plays battleships and is excellent in them (warships.today)

Stampz #42 Posted 19 May 2017 - 08:35 PM

Master Chief Petty Officer

• Beta Testers

View PostSakuzhi, on 19 May 2017 - 12:29 PM, said:

That would be CVs.

Then Cruisers.

Then DDs.

Then BBs

The reason battleships get played so much? Because they are battleships, has nothing to do with how well they perform. Just like the Tiger 1 in WoT before it was buffed years back, the IS-1 was better yet played less than half as often as the Tiger.

Play rate=/=Ship's effectiveness. While there might be a correlation (which I don't but I having done the stuff to prove it), correlation does not prove causation.

I didn't mention effectiveness.  I said enjoyable.

People will play ships they find fun to play.  CVs are not enjoyable for most players, and from the above stats, the next least played ship type are DDs.

Obviously BBs are enjoyable and much to my surprise people enjoy playing cruisers more than I had anticipated.

Destroyer_Kiyoshimo #43 Posted 19 May 2017 - 08:37 PM

Admiral

• Beta Testers

View PostSakuzhi, on 19 May 2017 - 12:29 PM, said:

That would be CVs.

Then Cruisers.

Then DDs.

Then BBs

The reason battleships get played so much? Because they are battleships, has nothing to do with how well they perform. Just like the Tiger 1 in WoT before it was buffed years back, the IS-1 was better yet played less than half as often as the Tiger.

Play rate=/=Ship's effectiveness. While there might be a correlation (which I don't but I having done the stuff to prove it), correlation does not prove causation.

Wrong. The population goes Carriers < Destroyers < < < Cruisers < < < < < < < < < Battleships.

Kiyoshimo's aircraft carrier rework Kiyoshimo's Torpedo Campaign

I am the Hull of my Torpedo. Steel is my body and Oxygen is my blood. I have caused over one thousand hull breaches. Unknown to flames, nor known to penetrate. I have withstood pain to launch many torpedoes. Yet those guns will never shoot anything.
So, as I pray-- Unlimited Torpedo Works

ryuukei8569 #44 Posted 19 May 2017 - 08:38 PM

Lieutenant Commander

• Members

View PostSakuzhi, on 19 May 2017 - 08:29 PM, said:

That would be CVs.

Then Cruisers.

Then DDs.

Then BBs

[edited]US CV's prove that one hard. US CV's are almost universally played more than IJN ones, yet no one  with any sanity is going to try and argue that US CV's are better

Gearing  Des Moines  Montana  Midway  Fletcher  Iowa  North Carolina  Atlanta  Sims  Saipan  Arizona  Marblehead  Texas  Wyoming  Yamato  Zao  Shimakaze  Hakuryu  Atago  Kamikaze  Hosho Ishizuchi  Mikasa  Umikaze  Großer Kurfurst  Hindenburg  Bismarck  Tirptiz  Scharnhorst  Bayern  Konig  Konig Albert  Nassau  Emden  Moskva  Khabarovsk  Mikhail Kutuzov  Molotov  Murmansk  Imperator Nikolai  Bogatyr  Storozhevoi  Warspite Campbeltown  Dunkerque  Anshan  Lo Yang  Blyskawica

DokturProfesur #45 Posted 19 May 2017 - 08:40 PM

Lieutenant

• Beta Testers

You gotta love the us vs them think that permeates this game.

As a pretty strict BB player since beta, I would like to point out that I think torpedos are fine, HE damage is fine -fire chance and/or fire damage notwithstanding-, carriers are fine, and generally cruiser RoF is fine.

My tendency to think my team will follow me into the jaws of glory, however, is what's wrong.

Destroyer_Kiyoshimo #46 Posted 19 May 2017 - 08:44 PM

Admiral

• Beta Testers

View PostDokturProfesur, on 19 May 2017 - 12:40 PM, said:

You gotta love the us vs them think that permeates this game.

Eh. It's hard to have a positive team mentality when part of that team keeps trying to break all your toys so you can't play anymore.

I am the Hull of my Torpedo. Steel is my body and Oxygen is my blood. I have caused over one thousand hull breaches. Unknown to flames, nor known to penetrate. I have withstood pain to launch many torpedoes. Yet those guns will never shoot anything.

DokturProfesur #47 Posted 19 May 2017 - 08:49 PM

Lieutenant

• Beta Testers

View PostDestroyer_Kiyoshimo, on 19 May 2017 - 12:44 PM, said:

Eh. It's hard to have a positive team mentality when part of that team keeps trying to break all your toys so you can't play anymore.

You make it sound like only one class does this, justifying my point.

As a pretty strict BB player since beta, I would like to point out that I think torpedos are fine, HE damage is fine -fire chance and/or fire damage notwithstanding-, carriers are fine, and generally cruiser RoF is fine.

My tendency to think my team will follow me into the jaws of glory, however, is what's wrong.

Destroyer_Kiyoshimo #48 Posted 19 May 2017 - 09:07 PM

Admiral

• Beta Testers

View PostDokturProfesur, on 19 May 2017 - 12:49 PM, said:

You make it sound like only one class does this, justifying my point.

I didn't say one class did it or even what classes do it. Just that it happens and is a self-perpetuating system.

DokturProfesur #49 Posted 19 May 2017 - 09:08 PM

Lieutenant

• Beta Testers

View PostDestroyer_Kiyoshimo, on 19 May 2017 - 01:07 PM, said:

I didn't say one class did it or even what classes do it. Just that it happens and is a self-perpetuating system.

If I didn't use up all my upvotes two minutes ago I would have given you one just now. My apologies.

I agree with you completely.

Destroyer_Kiyoshimo #50 Posted 19 May 2017 - 09:13 PM

Admiral

• Beta Testers

View PostDokturProfesur, on 19 May 2017 - 01:08 PM, said:

If I didn't use up all my upvotes two minutes ago I would have given you one just now. My apologies.

I agree with you completely.

yeah and I know I'm hardly innocent of it myself.

ryuukei8569 #51 Posted 19 May 2017 - 09:37 PM

Lieutenant Commander

• Members

View PostDestroyer_Kiyoshimo, on 19 May 2017 - 09:07 PM, said:

This is why it honestly i find only generalist players are any good at discussing gameplay balance. People that specialize in one type or one nation inevitably tend to be biased for that line or nation.

Gearing  Des Moines  Montana  Midway  Fletcher  Iowa  North Carolina  Atlanta  Sims  Saipan  Arizona  Marblehead  Texas  Wyoming  Yamato  Zao  Shimakaze  Hakuryu  Atago  Kamikaze  Hosho Ishizuchi  Mikasa  Umikaze  Großer Kurfurst  Hindenburg  Bismarck  Tirptiz  Scharnhorst  Bayern  Konig  Konig Albert  Nassau  Emden  Moskva  Khabarovsk  Mikhail Kutuzov  Molotov  Murmansk  Imperator Nikolai  Bogatyr  Storozhevoi  Warspite Campbeltown  Dunkerque  Anshan  Lo Yang  Blyskawica

HazeGrayUnderway #52 Posted 19 May 2017 - 09:43 PM

Rear Admiral

• Members

Spoiler

From yesterday but the new campaign puts a good emphasis on BBs to make things easier.  That said, it was a good time if you were a DD or CV player.  Hardly any Cruisers to harass you or radar you as a DD.  Hardly any Cruisers to use Defensive Fire or be an AA Boat to stop airstrikes.  And some of the worst BB play I've seen in a long time was in full swing yesterday.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway, 19 May 2017 - 10:31 PM.

Destroyer_Kiyoshimo #53 Posted 19 May 2017 - 09:44 PM

Admiral

• Beta Testers

View PostHazeGrayUnderway, on 19 May 2017 - 01:43 PM, said:

Spoiler

From yesterday but the new campaign puts a good emphasis on BBs to make things easier.  That said, it was a good time if you were a DD or CV player.  Hardly any Cruisers to harass you or radar you as a DD.  Hardly any Cruisers to use Defensive Fire or be an AA Boat to stop airstrikes.  And some of the worst BB play I've seen in a long time was in full swing yesterday.

Disgraceful. Look at all those destroyers in queue.

They need more nerfs. Too many destroyers.

Battleships are fine.

DokturProfesur #54 Posted 19 May 2017 - 09:46 PM

Lieutenant

• Beta Testers

View PostDestroyer_Kiyoshimo, on 19 May 2017 - 01:44 PM, said:

Disgraceful. Look at all those destroyers in queue.

They need more nerfs. Too many destroyers.

Battleships are fine.

Destroyers aren't supposed to be detected don't you know? They reverted concealment mechanics and made it apply to MM, clearly.

Destroyer_Kiyoshimo #55 Posted 19 May 2017 - 09:47 PM

Admiral

• Beta Testers

View PostDokturProfesur, on 19 May 2017 - 01:46 PM, said:

Destroyers aren't supposed to be detected don't you know? They reverted concealment mechanics and made it apply to MM, clearly.

Wow I missed that patch note!

Canadatron #56 Posted 19 May 2017 - 10:15 PM

Commander

• Members

And yes BB has highest win rate at high tiers at 50.25% second is DD at 50.15%. I posted last weeks numbers in another thread.

No stomach punching necessary. 

Read what you want into it, but that still means BB has higher win rate. They also get more XP on average.

-={FOG}=- Community Member

DokturProfesur #57 Posted 19 May 2017 - 10:20 PM

Lieutenant

• Beta Testers

View PostCanadatron, on 19 May 2017 - 02:15 PM, said:

And yes BB has highest win rate at high tiers at 50.25% second is DD at 50.15%. I posted last weeks numbers in another thread.

No stomach punching necessary. 

Read what you want into it, but that still means BB has higher win rate. They also get more XP on average.

A freckle past a hair isn't a wide enough margin to offer any foundation of an argument.

Destroyer_Kiyoshimo #58 Posted 19 May 2017 - 10:21 PM

Admiral

• Beta Testers

View PostDokturProfesur, on 19 May 2017 - 02:20 PM, said:

A freckle past a hair isn't a wide enough margin to offer any foundation of an argument.

The only reason the average destroyer winrate in tier 10 is above 50% is because of Khabarovsk. Without it, they're in in the 48% range. Again, on average.

Canadatron #59 Posted 19 May 2017 - 10:27 PM

Commander

• Members

View PostDokturProfesur, on 19 May 2017 - 05:20 PM, said:

I rarely argue much beyond number of plays. Either way, the class that is supposed to be high risk/high reward ends up rewarding "marginally less" or a freckle past a hair less in your terms LESS when you play it. 

At this point it's clear WG wants the game BB heavy, but at least reward classes for the role they are ask9ng them to play.

-={FOG}=- Community Member

Also tagged with Sarcasm

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users