Hood fan club

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

StoneGullet #1 Posted 19 May 2017 - 05:42 PM

Warrant Officer

• Beta Testers

For those that have and those that will eventually get the hood. I personally like the ship. I am surprised how nimble she is with the rudder shift module. 10. Something seconds of rudder shift. 

Conan, What is best in life? To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of the women!!!!

Goldzeoranger #2 Posted 19 May 2017 - 05:45 PM

Chief Petty Officer

• Beta Testers

I have to wait in to the last week for it but yeah

Si Vis pacem, para bellum

Lert #3 Posted 19 May 2017 - 05:48 PM

Admiral

• Supertester
  • In AlfaTesters
    Beta Testers

People only look at the turning circle and think she's a whale in a turn. She's not - she actually turns very well.

(Above stats not guaranteed accurate. I'm a supertester and test ships don't always register correctly)

Ship hipster: I liked Alabama before it was cool

SneakHayabusa #4 Posted 19 May 2017 - 05:52 PM

Master Chief Petty Officer

• Beta Testers

Glad you guys enjoy her. Not buying her, myself. None of her appeals to me(historically or aesthetically) like the Arizona did so just gonna skip her. Also just waiting for the Harekaze so gotta save my money xD

BBs: Arkansas B, Texas, Arizona, Iowa, Mikasa, Ishizuchi, Yamato, Konig Albert, Scharnhorst, Tirpitz, Bismarck, Warspite, Dunkerque | CA/CLs: Atlanta, Indianapolis, Baltimore, Yūbari, Atago, Zao, Emden, Prinz Eugen, Admiral Hipper, Murmansk, Molotov, Chapayev | DDs: Farragut, Sims, Tachibana, Kamikaze R, Yugumo, Blyskawica, Lo Yang, Gremyashchy, Tashkent | CVs: Independence, Saipan, Taihō | ARP: ARP Kongō, ARP Haruna, ARP Hiei, ARP Kirishima, ARP Myōkō, ARP Ashigara, ARP Nachi, ARP Haguro

Sinboto #5 Posted 19 May 2017 - 05:58 PM

Commander

• Supertester
  • Beta Testers

I love her, can't wait for renown and repulse. 

FATqxHx.gif

Bravo_Zulu_000 #6 Posted 19 May 2017 - 06:42 PM

Warrant Officer

• Alpha Tester

I'm glad it's not a bad ship like it had the potential to be. I waited for the HMS Hood to come in game for some time, however I recently managed to get the Missouri and while I'd like to collect the Hood, practically I'm not sure I'd ever play her much let alone see a need to collect another premium ship in the game. To me, the $136 CAD just isn't worth it for a tier 7 BB. 
Ready Aye Ready!

Eric_Von_Hess #7 Posted 19 May 2017 - 06:53 PM

Warrant Officer

• Beta Testers

View PostBravo_Zulu_000, on 19 May 2017 - 01:42 PM, said:

I'm glad it's not a bad ship like it had the potential to be. I waited for the HMS Hood to come in game for some time, however I recently managed to get the Missouri and while I'd like to collect the Hood, practically I'm not sure I'd ever play her much let alone see a need to collect another premium ship in the game. To me, the $136 CAD just isn't worth it for a tier 7 BB. 

​So you wait until June 7th and get the HMS Hood for 43.00 US  Dollars ...... 

BrushWolf #8 Posted 19 May 2017 - 07:52 PM

Rear Admiral

• Alpha Tester

View PostLert, on 19 May 2017 - 12:48 PM, said:

People only look at the turning circle and think she's a whale in a turn. She's not - she actually turns very well.

That Texas sized turning circle will bite you is you are not paying attention but she is quite nimble for her size.

Ich lasse mir doch nicht mein Schiff unter dem Arsch wegschießen. Feuererlaubnis! (I'm not letting my ship get shot out from under my arse. Open fire!) Ernst Lindemann Captain KMS Bismarck

Bravo_Zulu_000 #9 Posted 19 May 2017 - 08:34 PM

Warrant Officer

• Alpha Tester

View PostEric_Von_Hess, on 19 May 2017 - 12:53 PM, said:

​So you wait until June 7th and get the HMS Hood for 43.00 US  Dollars ...... 

If anything, I'll wait until the Christmas event and see if I can get it for $3...lol. Otherwise, I have no need for more premium ships (I already have most of them to date through the Christmas event last year) and now with having the Missouri, all the hype means nothing to me. 
Ready Aye Ready!

Firedawg9117 #10 Posted 19 May 2017 - 09:58 PM

Seaman Recruit

• Members

I am disappointed in Wargaming only offering one pricey package to buy her. Once more marketing fails and i will not pay the price they are asking for the package. I might pay the price for the ship only provided it is in line with other premium ships of the same tier. 

Jakajan #11 Posted 19 May 2017 - 10:56 PM

Ensign

• Members

I can join the fan club. Im glad she is expensive otherwise we would be experienceing a hoodageddon much like the scharmageddon of last year.

BrentD15 #12 Posted 21 May 2017 - 02:14 AM

Master Chief Petty Officer

• Members

I citadel'd a Hood with my Emile's 155mm guns!

Carrier_Lexington #13 Posted 21 May 2017 - 11:22 PM

Ensign

• Members

View PostFiredawg9117, on 19 May 2017 - 04:58 PM, said:

I am disappointed in Wargaming only offering one pricey package to buy her. Once more marketing fails and i will not pay the price they are asking for the package. I might pay the price for the ship only provided it is in line with other premium ships of the same tier. 

Oh my gosh, FOR THE LAST TIME, the expensive one was the only one available immediately. Good lord, learn to read.

"Heresy!"

Chimera2 #14 Posted 22 May 2017 - 12:57 AM

Seaman Recruit

• Members

I was really worried i would regret the hood bundle but so far shes been awesome. her guns hit hard and are accurate and shes surprisingly tanky. I found it hard to switch back to other battleships after playing her.

Battlecruiser_RenownMkI #15 Posted 22 May 2017 - 06:00 AM

Lieutenant Commander

• Beta Testers
  • In AlfaTesters

View PostJakajan, on 19 May 2017 - 04:56 PM, said:

I can join the fan club. Im glad she is expensive otherwise we would be experienceing a hoodageddon much like the scharmageddon of last year.

Lest we forget the Tirpocalypse too.

I was out in my North Carolina learning how to counter German BBs 

{Undergoing a refit, thank you for your patience!}

Patron Saint of Shooting the Upper Belt

Member of the Imperator Nikolai Owners Club

nina_blain_73 #16 Posted 22 May 2017 - 01:46 PM

Chief Petty Officer

• Members

Very quickly became one of my favorite BBs

Posted Image

BATTLESHIP BABES

BB: Mikasa. Konig Albert, Kawachi, South Carolina, Wyoming, Imperator Nikolai, Myogi, Arizona, Texas,ARP Haruna, ARP, Hiei, ARP Kirishima, New York, Gneisnau, Warspite, New Mexico, Colorado, HOOD, Alabama, North Carolina, Tirpitz, Iowa, Missouri, Montana  CL: Diana, Emden, Caledon, Murmansk, Kuma, Nuremberg, KirovAdmiral Graf Spee, ARP Haguro,  ARP Myoko, Atlanta, Pensacola, Indianapolis    DD: Smith, Tachibana, Campbeltown, V-170, Minekaze, Kamikaze, Okhotnik, Gnevny,  Blyskawica, Gearing

ReddNekk #17 Posted 22 May 2017 - 06:47 PM

Ensign

• Members

I like her! She's surprisingly tough and turns pretty good despite her loooong length. Her guns are kinda sub par for a VII but they get the job done and are as good as Dunkerque's for fire starting. Her secondary's are pretty weak, and that's my only real gripe about Hood.

She's definitely work getting!  :great:

Edit: She seems to catch on fire a lot more than most ships I've played. And I mean multiple fires, often.

Edited by ReddNekk, 23 May 2017 - 04:29 AM.

Hold my beer and watch this!

StoneGullet #18 Posted 22 May 2017 - 07:31 PM

Warrant Officer

• Beta Testers

For some reason the Hood just clicks for me. I really enjoy playing her. I honestly think the guns are fine. I have no problems doing damage with them. So far my highest amount of damage I have done was 135k. She is a great ship. I think I like her slightly more than the scharnhorst cause I get in big trouble real quick in the scharn. Feel like the hood takes a more patient methodical approach in play.

Conan, What is best in life? To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of the women!!!!

HazeGrayUnderway #19 Posted 22 May 2017 - 10:27 PM

Rear Admiral

• Members

The armor is sufficient provided you play smart.  I haven't eaten a mega-multi-citadel yet but I'm paranoid about her armor protection to try and prevent that.  Be smart in your angling and your sides, lots of guys are looking to test your armor.

Handling compared to her same tiered peers?  Speed is good, rudder shift time is good.  But the turning circle radius is wide.  The good rudder shift time is offset by Hood doing long, lazy wide turns.  Plan accordingly or be surprised by beaching yourself a lot.  Scharnhorst, Gneisenau, Colorado can work pretty well around islands.  Hood?  HELL NO, she's too clumsy if the area restricts her movements.  Open water sailing or using islands merely as a shield will work.

Haven't had a CV test my AA yet.

Main Battery?  Dispersion is so-so, not good but not German bad either.  However, according to the threats I face I rely on my shells as follows:

Cruisers - AP is good in crushing them, you can get multi-citadel hits with a good salvo.

Spoiler

Battleships - Unless you have favorable angles and short range, I have found Hood's AP extremely lackluster.  I expected the same AP power as Warspite.  With Tier VI Warspite I can rely on her AP to land some solid damage even against the likes of Bismarck, Tirpitz, etc.  For me on Warspite, it was a point of pride when I see those 2 German BBs push against me but you nail them hard with Warspite's AP.  I don't have that confidence in Hood's AP.  Unless I have the best possible parameters, my Hood's AP bounces and non-pens a lot.  I'm not talking overpens, bounces and non-pens.  Warspite isn't like that with her 15" guns.  As a result, I rely on HE rounds with her against VII+ BB threats.  It's a good thing Hood has 34% Fire Chance with her HE shells or she'd be in huge trouble.

Also, like Warspite, you need to give an extra bit of lead in your aim.  Otherwise your shots will fall behind the target.

Turret traverse is fine right now, especially since I got Expert Marksman.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway, 22 May 2017 - 10:30 PM.

BBsquid #20 Posted 24 May 2017 - 11:15 AM

Warrant Officer

• Beta Testers

View PostFiredawg9117, on 19 May 2017 - 11:58 AM, said:

Agree in principle but the company has to make money to keep the lights on and keep the game chugging along. Not too long ago there was a great vid posted showing just how much effort it takes to model these ships. Not cheap to have all of our comrades making these amazing floaty boats for us to shoot at.

"For those who fought for it, freedom has a taste and meaning the protected will never know."

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users