accounts on the same server

merging accounts

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

Jonas_Brent #1 Posted 19 May 2017 - 02:34 PM

Petty Officer

• Members

Customer service representatives are like a broken records.  They don't read the request and assume incorrectly what is being asked, then reply with a canned response.  I'm HATING this.  I have two accounts on the SAME server and want them merged (not two accounts on two different servers).  They CAN merge them.  They have already transferred one ship from one to the other which was accidentally sent to the wrong account when I purchased it.  I originally sent then a request to have two accounts when I first started because I wanted to separate the axis from the allied ships.  Well, the reply was that "even though we don't normally allow it, based on what you're trying to do, we see no reason to deny the request".  So allowed it, they did!  Easy enough.  Of course, I'm supplying WoWs with dollars for Doubloons, flags, and special cool stuff for TWO accounts, so in effect, except for ships, I'm paying them double.  Great for them.  Now that I've been playing and see the implications and effect of how this configuration has on the Bismarck campaign for one, they are repeatedly telling that "we don't provide a service that allows transfers from one account to another".  But I think they're either not getting that the accounts are on the same server, or that I KNOW they have ALREADY done it, so I KNOW they CAN!  Grrrr ... can't effectively play this way because I want Hood to get Bismarck.  It makes no sense to have two accounts either way, but for sure now!

Ace_04 #2 Posted 19 May 2017 - 02:36 PM

Lieutenant Commander

• Members

What was the point of starting two accounts on the same server in the first place?

[-K-] Kraken

"In war, there are no atheists.  Both sides are asking God for help" - Cmdr. Terry Goddard

Seaman_Rookie #3 Posted 19 May 2017 - 03:16 PM

Chief Petty Officer

• Members

Customer service's offer to players are limited in nature.  If you search the forums, you'll see that they cannot reverse doubloon ship purchases (if the ship has been played), or adjust anything related to captain skills and specs.  They are excellent, though, at resolving technical issues of the game that may impair your account (as they should).

User mistakes that they can reverse include reversing doubloons spent on a premium ship (that hasn't been played), and reversing the selling of premium ships from your account (max 4 requests per year)  It sounds like you used this offering when you purchased your ship for your alternate account.

However, their support for user mistakes does end there.  If you have set up 2 accounts on the same server (for whatever reason), there is no merging of assets, ever.  No transfer of assets from one account to the other, ever.  (though it does look like you found the single exception to that...)  The 2 account are completely independent of each other.  Don't like it?  Well.... deal with it, because that is the way that it is.  Perhaps you'd like to stop using the lesser of the 2 accounts, and use the other one as your main.

Umikami #4 Posted 19 May 2017 - 03:26 PM

Lieutenant Commander

• Beta Testers

View PostAce_04, on 19 May 2017 - 02:36 PM, said:

What was the point of starting two accounts on the same server in the first place?

personal choice, after asking and receiving permission from WoW?

awiggin #5 Posted 19 May 2017 - 04:07 PM

Rear Admiral

• Members

After numerous tickets and no answers, I was forced to throw a rant in Pigeon's sub forum.

He stated that multiple accounts are fine.

Unfortunately, there really is no good reason to have multiple accounts in this game, unless you want to exploit the game itself.

Too bad they still haven't bothered to update important information at the top of GD.

Edited by awiggin, 19 May 2017 - 04:15 PM.

Jonas_Brent #6 Posted 19 May 2017 - 06:14 PM

Petty Officer

• Members

As I stated from the beginning (and will restate for people like Ace_04 who apparently doesn't read, and would rather be sarcastic than to answer the question (and thank you Umikami for clearing that up for Ace-04 as well), I did request permission to have two accounts.  I was new to the game, didn't understand the ramifications of how it would affect opportunities like the Bismarck campaign, and had already used the U.S. ships up to Tier IV.  I wanted to use German ships, but didn't really intend to make it a big deal, so I asked for a second account to split them.  There was no explanation, or caution that went out, only a mere "it isn't allowed, but based on the reasons you want two accounts, we see no reason to not make this an exception".  And, so they did.  I'm not asking to reverse anything, merely to put everything into one account.  If that means make a new account and place everything there, or just move something over from one to the other, that is fine.  Scharnhorst accidentally went to the allied account; they moved the flag, CO, ship, camo, and everything else that came with it.  They also changed my e-mail address and made a permanent change (with out charge) to my screen name.  I know they are able to do this.  I'm just thinking they won't because of the benefits they get from me giving them $$ from both accounts.  I've gone to tier 7 on both accounts and purchase ships of Tier 8 (though I haven't used them much yet).  There is significant use in both, and significant purchases and achievement.  I'm really ticked that they won't try to figure this out.  Thanks for the reply everyone.  I'm hoping to fix this fubar.  I'm pretty discouraged with them at this time and if I can't work out Bismarck campaign in a way that makes sense to me, I'll use up what I have left and be done with WoW, I guess.

Edited by Jonas_Brent, 19 May 2017 - 06:19 PM.

ExploratorOne #7 Posted 19 May 2017 - 07:09 PM

Master Chief Petty Officer

• Members

I always thought that the reason you couldn't move ships from one account to another was to prevent people from grinding up ships and selling them.  Also, imagine the market for no longer offered premium ships.  For example, when the Kamikaze was on sale for the final time, I could have opened up a bunch of accounts and bought several.  And, imagine the auction price of a Flint or Black.  Just a thought...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users